Rainbow Carrot
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-14-2007, 02:38 AM

Agreed. >w< It's absolutely wonderful. My cousin and I used to be obsessed with that movie and we'd watch it multiple times a day. :3

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-14-2007, 02:38 AM

Used to be? Meaning not anymore? ;___;

SilentBeauty
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-16-2007, 01:50 AM

I haven't seen it in years! ;-; It's lovely! It really is! :D

I must rent it!

AtomicSky
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via MSN to AtomicSky

Old 04-16-2007, 02:57 AM

You remind me of the babe.
What babe?
The babe with the power.
What power?
The power of the voodoo.
Who do?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the babe.

Good times.

Mary
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-16-2007, 03:52 AM

I LOVE Labyrinth so much. It's one of my favorite movies ever~ <3
And because of that movie, I now totally love David Bowie. He's so fabulous.

Sylria
*^_^*

Old 06-09-2007, 03:42 AM

This is my all time most favorite movie ever. It has to be the only movie that I know every single word to. I have shown it to my kids, and they love it as well. It's one of those movies that can appeal to every generation. Even though the special effects aren't the greatest, the movie is still really, really good. And how could you not LOVE David Bowie? Especially in his spandex? I still have the Labyrinth soundtrack on tape. I need to find it on CD, so I can put it on my ipod.

Cardania
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-09-2007, 04:41 AM

I love that movie, it's my favorite! I have the DVD of it. Watching the making of it is very entertaining as well. I felt bad for the guy with the crystal balls that kept missing his catch when he was behind David Bowie. That must be tough without looking!

The Mouse
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-09-2007, 05:13 AM

Wow. So many things to say about this movie, but I'm sure I would run out of room on this post, so yeah, I'll keep it brief.

For one, this movie introduced me to the world of David Bowie and all his fabulous hottness. Thank you, David Bowie, for not wearing pants through that whole movie. X-D

Secondly, this movie introduced me to the other side of Jim Henson (as opposed to his Fraggles and Muppets, who were mostly happy-go-lucky creatures). Jim Henson has a darker side, and this movie not only proves it, but shows it off. I LOVE that.

Lastly, I noticed that they have a sequel manga out now called "Return to Labyrinth." I actually bought the first volume--haven't read it yet, but I bought it. I really hope it's good. The cover art is AMAZING. Go check it out!

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to sayuri_nitta

Old 06-09-2007, 09:27 AM

Very cool movie, and yes David Bowie is pretty..shall we say noticeable during that film hehe

I have the soundtrack on CD ^_^
The Firey's are my favourite characters =)

And for a trivia moment, one of the Firey's was voiced by a certain feline man from the series Red Dwarf :wink:

L o g a n
hay

Old 06-09-2007, 12:24 PM

Oh my god.

My friend. She obsesses about that movie. If I hear "YOU REMIND ME OF THE BABE" one more time, I'm going to explode.

It's not that great. ^^;

angeloffire
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 06-10-2007, 04:52 PM

I love that movie it is so good!

Rachel Tamwood
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 06-10-2007, 07:17 PM

I love the movie, I looked everyway to find it on DVD. I just thought it was also weird that the year that the movie was made was the same year I was born and that my name is Sarah. I also read and act like she does.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-10-2007, 07:42 PM

I'd love for a LABYRINTH 2, but the actress is far too old now.

kin no megami
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 06-10-2007, 08:29 PM

OMG I used to watch this movie when I was a kid!!! David Bowie was so scary to me...and the bog of eternal stench was gross. I loved the room with all the staircases though that went everywhere, up and down, side to side. It reminded me of those paintings that look like that!!!!!! :P

torhu_anime
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to torhu_anime

Old 06-15-2007, 06:11 AM

i think the movie is ok, those it is so weird but it was ok, i dont particularly like it but like yea, my friend like it a lot .the movie leave lot of question unanswer and i have question like how is the the princess, when is that happen, and stuff like that that i dont understand, and like after she defect him how come she can still be with the little / big creature thingy. i just dont understand it. -_- i like the manga about her brother become the next king and stuff.

Kakashi+Kai
Dead Account Holder
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Kakashi+Kai

Old 06-16-2007, 07:20 PM

• Oh lord.
    The labirynth.
    One of my favorite movies.
    All because of David Bowie.
    I am in love with that man.

I remember watching it as a kid and I thought Jareth was so hot.
    God, I hated Sarah for not going with him!
    Screw Toby!

It's one of the few I can watch over and over again and not get tired of it.

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 06-20-2007, 03:05 PM

I watched all but the very ending last year in a music class the school made everyone take (teacher feel down stairs=sub shows us movie). It was excellent. I gotta watch it again,

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-21-2007, 05:59 PM

omg that movie is awsome! lol I remember watching that as a kid and then I sorta forgot about it until grade 12 art class where our teacher shoed it to use!

thelittleviolist
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-22-2007, 04:24 PM

Labirynth is easily one of the greatest movies ever made, and David Bowie kicks ASS. (Did anyone else faint when they realized he was the one singing "Nature Boy" in Moulin Rouge?)

And Jim Hensen puppets are just cool.

RAPsody
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to RAPsody Send a message via Yahoo to RAPsody

Old 06-25-2007, 06:22 PM

Oh yes! This movie is AWESOME
I had read the novel first though, or novelization and it does give a little more something between Jareth and Sarah

And I owned the soundtrack for so long until it was ruined. ^_^

bumrobes
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-28-2007, 07:05 AM

THis movie is awesome! Who can resist David Bowie in tights?

Frog
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-01-2007, 07:26 AM

I love this movie. <33

I remember hating Sarah, funnily enough. I have this thing about Toby, and babies in general. They're so cute when they're not pooping or screaming their guts out. Still, I can sympathise with Sarah - if I had the chance to wish away my younger siblings, I would've taken it. Heh.

My favourite scene in the movie would have to be the Magic Dance scene. The song is so crazily catchy, it involves Jareth, Toby AND the goblins, and in a scene break some goblin yells after Sarah that her mother was an aardvark.

Eternal love, yeah?

PliR
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2007, 01:52 AM

<3 that movie and that one Esher scene. What I found particularly interesting is the orb juggling guy. The hands of the magician. I found his vids on youTube. They are so interesting to watch.

Here if your interested. :3

Hoshi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Hoshi

Old 07-07-2007, 12:17 AM

I LOVE that Movie!
David Bowie was Amazing and So cool.
<333333
But Sara kinda bugged me a bit.

Araani~Swift
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-07-2007, 11:04 PM

Labyrinth is an all time fave of mine!
everything is brilliant and as captivating as any fantasy novel...

only one thind disturbs me if i watch it in this day and age...
is the scene where Hoggle grabs Jareth by the knee begging him not to throw him into the bog of eternal stench..... because all that dominates that clip is Bowies crotch! >.<

funny how you never notice such things when your a kid...

anyway if you like that, try The Dark Crystal. its a film made using only puppets by the great Jim Henson as opposed to a mix of his creations and human actors.... it has the same magical feel to it as Labyrinth.