LollieDollie
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to LollieDollie

Old 04-30-2008, 07:58 PM

Yes Tim Burton is coming out with another movie supposedly 2010.....want to know what movie????

And the name of it is.........

Alice In Wonderland

Yes OMFG. Thats what I said too. I so cant wait to see a Tim Burton twist on an old classic. Im so excited.

EDIT:Mia Wasikowska will be playing Alice
Johnny Depp will be playing the Mad Hatter
Matt Lucas has recently been cast as both Tweedledum and Tweedledee
Helena Bonham Carter will be playing the Red Queen
Anne Hathaway has been cast as The White Queen
Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar
Crispin Glover as the Knave of Hearts
Christopher Lee in an unknown role
Barbara Windsor will be voicing the mouse at the tea party.

EDIT:: Alas i must edit this simply because the excitement went away for this movie. I would still enjoy to watch it but because every Hot Topic kid has seen the preview they are all over it now and now it just seems way overrated and hasn't even came out yet. And for that it just has ruined it for me. Just like when NBC came out when i was 3 i had it on VHS and watched it every single day and loved it and then 13 yrs later Hot Topic starts selling their merch and well you see how that ended :/ I mean i love Burton and all but all the hype and everything has gotten played out and well i'm sorry i just don't like it. I'm sorry if you don't like what i have to say but that is how i feel about this movie now.

EDIT 2:: GO WATCH SYFY'S ALICE INSTEAD.

Last edited by LollieDollie; 12-03-2009 at 11:10 AM..

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 04-30-2008, 10:14 PM

Oh wow. Another Alice in Wonderland remake~
Hopefully Burton actually sticks to the story, yah? It should be interesting thought, his take on things are always very different.

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 04-30-2008, 11:44 PM

Yes yes yes yes.

I love his style. Seriously love it. So I could care less if he sticks to the originality, as long as it has his own twist to it.

Too bad it's going to take 2 years though, but Im sure it will look awesome.

Edit: And what about the Corpse Bride? Such a wonderful movie. So adorable.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-01-2008, 01:45 AM

Really? I'm kind of surprised that I haven't heard about this already!

*runs off to Google*

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-01-2008, 05:42 AM

as much as i like Burton's work (and stomaching his Johnny Depp obsession)

i dont think he is suited to create Alice in Wonderland.
unless he is just doing his own version. then fine...

Alice is not a dark story. it is about a clever little girl, going through the "Growing Up" part of her life.

i dont want to end up seeing just a morbid reproduction. it will get stale.

Last edited by Bunai; 05-02-2008 at 10:55 PM..

Digital Kakashi
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-01-2008, 11:45 PM

It'll be interesting to see how it'll turn out. I'll probably end up watching it when it comes out anyways.

MrsGrape
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-02-2008, 01:22 AM

That sounds amazing. I will really be looking forward to that!

Din
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-02-2008, 02:45 AM

Nowai. Really? I'm excited then.

Hopefully it's a well-made remake. <3

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 05-02-2008, 03:51 AM

I've been generally feeling that Tim Burton is overrated. Sweeney Todd did a bit to restore my faith in him, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for this movie to be anything above average...

Freddie

Old 05-02-2008, 01:51 PM

No way?
You gotta be joking me?
This is amazinggggg! I love Alice in Wonderland and I love Tim Burton so this is like a match made in heaven.
Thank you so much for this information it ahs made my day.
:'D

Teive
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-02-2008, 03:39 PM

I wonder...with Tim's amazing mind, will I be blown away with the way he tells the story? I can't wait to see what he does with the Cheshire cat.

Treesan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-02-2008, 05:14 PM

Alice in Wonderland eh?

It should be very interesting. I think Burton could do justice to the story. It is a very surreal story, so it is well within range of his usual work.

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 05-02-2008, 05:28 PM

The thing with Tim Burton is, when it's something of his own, he does good things with it. His adaptations are terrible unless he's working in direct collaboration with the original artist who is willing to keep his whackjob editing in check. (See: Sondheim)

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 05-03-2008, 01:10 PM

Honestly, not the biggest Tim Burton fan. Something about his work just seems off to me... I don't really know what it is. I'll probably see this movie anyway, mostly to see how he is going to make the story his own.

Miss Mad Hatter
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-04-2008, 06:17 AM

;D ZOMG yeah you're a TB fan too? Awesome. I actually share a birthday with him...but yeah. lol Sorry to brag.

Blood of Rage
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Blood of Rage

Old 05-04-2008, 06:19 AM

I cant wait either. ^_^ big TB fan here.

bearysplash
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to bearysplash

Old 05-04-2008, 07:41 AM

I am so excited about this movie.
i cannot wait till it comes out. XD
i think Burton will do a wonderful job. since he is so good at doing twisted movies hehe
Bumai- Alice in wonderland was like a twisted type story.
i mean its like drugs and whatever. the book itself was just crazyXD
its not as happy go lucky like the disney version.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 05-04-2008, 08:56 PM

I love his movies. I can't wait to see his take on Alice and Wonderland.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-05-2008, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearysplash View Post
I am so excited about this movie.
i cannot wait till it comes out. XD
i think Burton will do a wonderful job. since he is so good at doing twisted movies hehe
Bumai- Alice in wonderland was like a twisted type story.
i mean its like drugs and whatever. the book itself was just crazyXD
its not as happy go lucky like the disney version.
i assume you mean me?

the book was for children and just full of stuff.
the only serious part was Alice going through things.

people choose to tack on the Drugs/Evil/Dark aspects.
to me, i dont see that. i can understand creating your own version of it, but not taking the original and twisting it and calling it close to the original.
because its all "Dark and Morbid" now.

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Nemui

Old 05-06-2008, 04:16 AM

Actually when The book was originally released
it got mixed reviews. Some said it was great others said it was
dark and morbid and thats how it has been seen over the years.

There are many reasons as to why many think it is a Dark and morbid story.

For one thing Alice touches the subject of death many many times such as:

falling down the rabbit hole, almost drowning, she even has made statements such as

Quote:
"Well!" thought Alice to herself. "After such a fall as this, i shall think nothing of tumbling down-stairs! How brave they'll think of me at home! Why,i wouldn't think anything about it, even if i fell off the top of the house! (Which was very likely true)
The narrator agreed with Alice, but not for the reason many think after falling off a house, the reason why she would not say anything is because she would be dead.

Another time she is pointing out her own decapitation without even noticing she is doing it:

Quote:
How she longed to get out of that dark hall, and wander among those beds of bright flowers and those cool fountains, but she could not even get her head through the doorway, "and even if my head Would go through," thought poor Alice, "it would be of very little use without my shoulders"
she is showing the allusion of death and foreshadowing future events.

Both of those scenes take place right in the 1st chapter.

The poems have even proved to contain death such as the 2nd verse of the Crocodile poem:
Quote:
"How Cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spreads his claws,
And Welcomes little fishes in,
With Gently smiling jaws!"
now why would a little girl being sing such a deathly poem?

she also makes a point at drowning in her own tears:

Quote:
"I wish i hadn't cried so much!" said Alice, as she swam about, trying to find her way out. "I shall be punished for it now, i suppose, by drowned in my own tears!"
she is then told a story that has nothing but stating they will put someone to death
Quote:
“Fury said to
a mouse, That
he met in the
house, Let
us both go
to law: I
will prose—
cute
you.—
Come I’ll
take no
denial: We
must have
the trial;
For really
this morning
I’ve
nothing
to do.
Said the
mouse to
the cur,
’Such a
trial, dear
sir. With
no jury
or judge,
would
be wasting
our
breath.’
’I’ll be
judge,
I’ll be
jury,’
said
cunning
old
Fury:
’I’ll
try
the
whole
cause,
and
condemn
you to
death.
Later in the story the King and the Queen both talk of Executing people in the story
such as Alice, and the Mad Hatter and other minor characters.

Then of course there is the References to drugs which are paired with the Caterpillar
who is smoking a Hookah [i believe i spelled that right].
He talks in a round about way and repeats himself and gets himself lost and confused,which turns and gets Alice lost and confused.He in the end doesn't help Alice and almost costs her her own life by not telling her which side of the mushroom causes her continue to shrink.

even when the follow up book was written it contained more death in it.

Like for instance the Poem of The Walrus and the Carpenter:
they tricked a young group of clams into following them and then in turn ate them.resulting in death!

there are man other things that make both stories non kid friendly.
Many kids tend to ignore them becuase they are oblivious to them, but for this tobe written by a man for kids it is one to start a major controversy over.
May do believe it is a dark story and i for one do believe so

thats my two cents on how the story has been seen as dark and morbid and yes i had my book out with me when i wrote this, this is a subject i have talked many times on so im not worried about point out why i and many others think it is dark and morbid.

But as for the movie itself being made by Burton i think it will come out very well,and it would be nice to see another movie done in the same
style as NMBC.
I think he will do great he will do a version that many belvie the story is referrring to.

in the end no one will know for sure what Carroll was trying to portray since no one will ever be able to talk to him.For now these are the things peopel are seeing just by reading it.
the minute i read the story the 1st time i thought it was dark and strange and morbid. others see it differently when they read it.

but i think it i will be amazing when it is done.

bearysplash
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to bearysplash

Old 05-06-2008, 04:22 AM

Thank you Nemui
that is exactly what i am talking about.
it's not as friendly as Disney made it out to be.
so yea, lol, thanks for proving the dark points of the movie.

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 05-06-2008, 12:58 PM

None of the remakes are as merry as Disney make them seem.

Ariel dies in The Little Mermaid and many more. Can't think of all of them off the top of my head.

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Nemui

Old 05-07-2008, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Random Randomness View Post
None of the remakes are as merry as Disney make them seem.

Ariel dies in The Little Mermaid and many more. Can't think of all of them off the top of my head.

Snow White is also another one that dies and then comes alie and then dies and then finally she punishes the queen [evil step mother] till she dies. ad those where some dirty
little drawfs too XD

in some versions of Cinderella the sisters cut off half of their feet to fit
the slipper so they can marry the prince

Pocahontas ya she was like 10-12 when she met and fell in love with John smith [he was like 20somthing]

disney likes to make things more kid friendly so they arent as
scary.

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-07-2008, 06:01 AM

Yeah, I've known about this for a while now but uh...Kinda wish he could hurry up. XD He said he would get started after the writers' strike but that took so freakin long now it's going to take longer to produce this move...damn selfish bastards. *Don't get me wrong. I supported their cause for the first couple of months but when they started acting like 3 year olds and didn't want to try and negotiate or talk I got pissed.*
Anyways I'm really excited for when this finally comes out but for the time being I'm looking forward to Gears of War and the all new, better, The Incredible Hulk movie. <3

Teh Jeebus
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2008, 11:48 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!? DDD:!!! FAVORITE MOVEI EVER X FAVORITE DIRECTOR GUY EVER?!!? OMFFFGGGGG. -SPAZZES OUT ALL OVER THE PLACE.- DDDDX