Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-02-2012, 01:03 AM

The year is 3012.

After 2060, the world began falling backward, while propelling forward.

Steam-power reigns, and airships are as common as people.

Piracy has become just as familiar now as it was centuries ago.

And few names are more feared than Counterclockwise.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:06 AM

The port was nearly empty. It was getting late and the airship captains had taken to town for a long-awaited rest. Most were traffickers, transporting goods from town to town. The one that had just docked was named ‘Counterclockwise’, and a bit larger than the others. Someone from the deck tossed an especially large rope to one of the stakes, looping it around as several others pushed a makeshift, but well-structured bridge onto the wooden port. Below them a long drop stretched into darkness, the port being built on the side of a cliff to accommodate the ships without putting them in danger of unnecessary stress. With the help of a few other crewmates, Counterclockwise was pulled closer to the port and tied tight.

The captain stepped up from below deck and observed the sky. It was clear, and the moon could easily be seen along the horizon at the bow. “Make sure that knot’s tight, Rift!” Her voice called loud over the others. The one she’d called out nodded his head, pulling the end of the rope under and over the heavy knot, securing it. Surveying the area, Aloe’s gaze took in the area. Her entire crew was made up of men. Aloe had never gotten along well with females, to her, they were far too emotional and needy. She not only had grown up around men, been raised by a single father and several of his close male friends, but she had gone to a school made up mostly of boys and male teachers, and spent a good amount of her life on one airship after another, mainly of men and few women.

Aloe knew what she was, though. She was a woman, but much stronger than most others. It showed in her ability to order around her crew, and stare even the ugliest of man or woman down. She stepped forward and patted the knot made by Rift. “Good.” She said. “Marcus taught you pretty well, eh?” She grinned, her smile white and toothy. “C’mon, we’re low on food.”

“You got money, Miss?” Rift asked.

“Certainly. This time.” She pulled a leather bag from her belt and shook it. A combination of paper and metal money rattled about. “But we’ll head out come morning, make sure everyone knows to get back to the ship at nine.”

She stepped past Rift as he went to spread the word to everyone else. Making her way to the dock, she turned before heading off and stared at her vessel. It was huge, the thick-skinned balloon that hovered above the ship itself a dark brown. It was certainly a sight to behold, especially for a pirate and her crew. And despite the accusations, no definite evidence had ever been gathered against them to link them to thievery, murder, or any type of plundering regarding lone airships. Pickpocketing wasn’t a serious offense, and the experienced men of her crew got away with it easily.

Aloe stretched. It was nice to be on semi-solid ground again. Though she loved her ship, sometimes, the ground was much more comforting.

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-02-2012, 04:59 PM

His name is Chaos 'Tyrant' Vassily, an odd character that doesn't seem to get along with anyone he meets. Waking up, Chaos stared at himself in the mirror before dragging himself off to the bathroom where he took his shower and then walked over to his room with nothing but a towel around his waist as he searched for something to wear. "Why did I have to wake up today?" he asked himself as he checked the time. The clock read 6:17 AM. "Why so early too?!" he whined and sighed as he removed his towel and began to pull on his clothes; all black of course.

Grabbing his black eyeliner, he stared at the mirror in his room and began to apply it on, careful not to poke his eyes in the process. When that was done, he grabbed his black half hoop earring and placed it on his left ear with ease. Looking around, he grabbed his dirty clothes and the towel, and tossed it into the laundry basket to wash later. Going to his closet, he grabbed his lace up Gothic boots and slipped them on before tying them on.

"Okay then Chaos....time to take a stroll I guess..." he said and began to walk out of the room but stopped and checked the mirror and stared at his hair. "Never mind...I have to fix my hair first." he said and yawned as he grabbed his blow-dryer and mousse. Plugging in the blow-dryer to the wall, he began to dry and mess up his hair. "Stupid Chaos...forgetting the most important thing...fix your hair before anyone sees you..." he muttered and continued to dry his hair.

When his hair was dry, Chaos began to apply mousse to it happily. "There, that's much better, now I just need to wash my hands and put these things away and head out. Walking to the bathroom, he washed his hands and then put away his things. When that was done he grabbed his deck of playing cards and a hankie then walked out of his house and walked through the town.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:04 PM

Aloe had dragged Rift and two similar-looking men with her to the nearest portside shop. Its sign promised to have everything for a long air or water journey, so Aloe was prepared to hold them to their promise. Crates and barrels were open, their lids stacked beside them. Shelves were laden with various items from blankets, bags, and large tools. Rope and steel-runged ladders hung alongside nets, sail replacement and patches, rope of different thickness, as far as the eye could see.

“Grab them barrels.” Aloe pointed to the three filled with fruits, each and every one different. “And those couple.” Beside them, barrels of grain that could be baked into a type of dry, yet useful bread. “That crate, we need more meat.” She indicated the open crate of dried and salted red meat. “That one too. And that. Here, Rift, come with me! We need some extra blankets and stuffing for the pillows, the men are starting to complain.”

Aloe dragged the huge man along with her, as though he were no more than a child that didn’t often listen. She piled his arms high with the items, which were rather thin and off-white. Often while gaining altitude, it grew cold in the cabin and sleeping quarters, and Aloe had often heard her men going on about the fall in temperature. So instead of gathering mainly thin sheet-like blankets, she added thicker, more insulated to the mix as well. It would hopefully stop the complaining and possibly some of the snoring.

“Don’t forget the water.” Aloe sighed. “We’re pretty low on it.” She glanced around to find Rift’s eyes narrowed in a pleading sense. “Eh... Fine, one barrel of beer too.” She sighed. It wasn’t often she allowed that. A sober crew was a useful crew, but they never went too far overboard. If they did, she’d had very literally kicked them overboard while several miles above the earth. “Careful with that stuff, boys.” She said. “Set it near the stern and cover it so’s not to grab attention. Rift, when you come back, I’ll need you to do one more thing for me.”

Rift and the other two, with the help of the prepaid shop owner, dragged everything outside and toward the ship. The two twins who had come to assist easily lifted the heaviest barrels over their shoulders, and Rift was left to drag the crates and fabrics with him.

Aloe turned and walked across the dock to the only road leading directly into the center of the city. It was a wide street, easy for vehicles to travel alongside foot traffic with room to spare. It didn’t seem to take long before Rift returned unladen. “That was pretty fast.” She said.

“Little deckie didn’t have anything to do.” Rift said, stretching his arms behind his head. “I had him secure the loads. What was it you needed?”

“A new recruit.” Aloe turned to him. She was his height, Rift being very large and quite tall. Her golden gaze pierced him, just like everyone else. “Was about to get rid of that little rookie, can’t handle a damn thing. Probably be useless in securing the goods. ‘Ey, Shane!” Aloe yelled, her voice carrying well across the near-empty port. One of the two similar-looking men glanced around before boarding the ship. “Tell that little mouse he’s staying on board tonight! It’s his turn anyway!”

The one she called Shane nodded and started back toward the ship. Aloe locked eyes with Rift. “And you, Rift, will go out looking for someone to take his place. Now.”

“Aye-aye, captain!” Rift nodded curtly. “Want a woman this time?”

Aloe glared. “Don’t even joke about that. I hate women on the ship. Bitch and cry and moan about doing work, sleeping in all the damn time, picky about food and can’t handle a joke. I’ve seen it all and I ain’t takin’ the chance again! Go out and find me a good man, a young one preferably, they’re more energetic.” She studied Rift. “Better kick up your game, or you might just be replaced.”

The thirty-nine-year-old’s eyes widened. But at Aloe’s twinkling eyes, sighed and stalked into town. Aloe snickered. “When you find one, bring him to Rusty’s!” She called, indicating a small bar not far from the port. She’d been in this town several times. In fact, she’d grown up here.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-02-2012, 06:25 PM

Chaos looked around at the people who drove or walked by. He was used to being stared at or flat out ignored. Looking up at the sky he noticed how the sky was clear...not one cloud int the sky. "Not a cloud in the sky...well I guess I won't be looking at clouds today." he said to himself and stopped walking as he stared up at the sky. "I wonder if you can even really touch the sky...can you touch a cloud?" he asked himself and sighed. "Whatever...come on Chaos, let's keep walking." he said to himself and looked ahead of his as he resumed walking.

Stuffing his hands into his pants pockets, he took out his deck of playing cards and smirked as he stared at the ace of spades. It was his favorite card in the deck, he didn't know why though...he just found the image of the spade quite interesting. "Stupid Chaos, you forgot to eat breakfast!" he sighed as he looked around. "I'm sure I can get something to eat around here...even though I don't have much money." he then groaned in self annoyance and kicked a pebble down the cobblestone street and watched it land not too far from where he was. "What do you feel like eating Chaos? Bread? Fruit? What is it you're craving?" he asked himself as he stopped walking and stared off into space as he thought.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 PM

Rift was on his own. That wasn’t rare, though. Aloe trusted him most of all, and with good reason; he had been with her for years. He had earned his trust. He would die for Aloe if need be. Although truthfully he hoped that would never have to happen. He passed Rusty’s while Aloe and a few others went in, leaving Rift to search for a new recruit to take the place of the mouse.

He sighed, walking past others. They tended to give him a wide berth, mainly for his build. Rift was no stringy thing, the muscled arms evident even underneath the old white shirt that was rather ill-fitting. It stretched over his barrel-chest and hung loosely over his arms. His hair was cropped short and rather unevenly, as though by a slightly-dull knife. His gaze swept the road, searching, but no one really jumped out at him. Exasperated after only a short search, he sighed, leaning against a nearby wall and staring at the generally lightening sky. They would leave at noon tomorrow, he didn’t have a particularly long time to search.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Rift was about to give up. No one seemed confident. They mostly avoided him. He was about to turn when a voice cut the crowd. A young voice. A male voice. He spun around and immediately spotted the source of the voice: A young man who seemed to be talking to the sky. “Hey, hey!” He jumped forward, passing a few others to get to the boy. “Hey, boy. You lookin’ for a job?” Rift didn’t like cutting corners. He got right to the point and hoped he could convince the boy to follow him to Rusty’s.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-02-2012, 07:37 PM

Chaos continued to think. "Chaos is craving something spicy and soft...oh some spicy meat! That sounds so good right now!" he whispered and sighed. "Why must you torture yourself Chaos why!" he whined and kicked the wall. "Chicken covered in melted cheese sounds good too...ooh and with some chili powder sprinkled over it!" he added and kicked the wall again. Imagining the food didn't really seem to help him at all, it only made him hungrier; causing his stomach to growl in protest. Chaos huffed and pulled out the deck of playing cards from his pants pocket again and looked at each card carefully to have something to keep him busy and distracted from food.

Suddenly feeling a shadow fall over him, Chaos slowly turned to look what was causing this shadow only to widen his eyes at what he saw. Standing there watching him was a tall and muscular man who had asked him a question. Looking around, Chaos put his cards away again and stared at the man for a long time before snapping out of the trance. "A...a job?" he repeated and raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What job are you offering me exactly?" asked Chaos curiously. Yes he wanted a job, it would actually give him something to do, but he wasn't too desperate on getting a job.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:51 PM

Rift tried to suppress a laugh, but it came out in a snorting giggle. “What job? How about a position on the crew of Counterclockwise? It’s a huge ship, and we’re low on crewmates. ‘Course it’ll be a low position at first, can’t go from oil rag to silk in a day, know?” He crossed his arms. “My captain’s a pretty hard lady, but she’s looking for a good young man, strong and energetic. You got those qualities?”

He looked around. Without waiting for an answer, he turned on his heel. “If you think you can handle it, come on with me. I’m takin’ you to Aloe and she’ll be the judge of you.” He stalked away. Once again, people avoided him. It was a fearful avoiding, possibly because they had heard his voice. It was often gruff and a bit harsh, not that Rift intended it to be. He didn’t look back. If the kid wanted a place on the crew, he’d follow. If not, he’d have to go back to Aloe empty-handed.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 PM

"Counterclockwise?" repeated Chaos. To be honest, Chaos didn't really know anything about this 'Counterclockwise' ship, but now he was curious to see it for the first time. "Well of course...that only makes sense...and if your captain lady was a strong and energetic guy, I can fit the bill...but...I enjoy being alone too." he explained to the man. "If I can get some alone time I'll be happy to work for the captain lady..." he said and noticed that the man was walking away. "Hey!...Wait up!" he called as he ran after the huge man.

Chaos ran after this man as if there was a monster chasing him from behind. "So Aloe is your captain?" he asked as he tried to catch his breath once he was walking beside him. "Aloe...and you say she's hard...so you mean to say that she's very strict and bossy correct?" he asked tiredly as he sunk his hands into his pants pockets.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:39 PM

Rift stopped outside Rusty’s. The bar was active even early in the morning, serving more than booze to the ship captains that frequented the floor. He had anticipated pickiness, but not this much. “Look, boy. The ship’s always active. Even at night we have guards posted on deck. You can’t be alone unless you like being in a hot kitchen, and even there, the cook is always around. Aloe doesn’t take whining, complaining, or bargaining well, so if you really want this job and think you can handle it at all, don’t request shift changes or job trades. We’re given our tasks at the beginning of every day, very early, so be awake or you’ll be way behind.”

He turned again without giving the boy an instant to reply, and stepped into the bar. Rift’s keen eyes caught sight of Aloe immediately, sitting between the two twins at the long bar in the back. He stepped forward, moving swiftly across the floor. Aloe glanced around at his approach, and took her hat off. The move made her curly hair, usually kept pinned up rather messily, drift to the shoulders of her brown leather jacket. “Rift!” She clapped her hands once. “You’re quick, I’ll give you that much. Who’d you find?” She looked around him. “Young and energetic I hope. Strong?”

“Ehh...” Rift nodded behind him.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-02-2012, 09:32 PM

Chaos listened carefully and sighed mentally. He really wanted this job now, he just hoped it was all worth it in the end, and having to wake up early was what scared him. "I hope I can keep up then..." he muttered to himself as he followed the large man into the crowded bar. The smell of rum and whiskey hit him like a punch to the stomach and he gagged. "I think I'll wait outside...the stench is getting to me..." he said and began to walk outside.

Once outside, Chaos looked around at the people and wondered what this was going to be like. "I know this isn't going to be easy...but nothing is ever easy in life...especially when you look like this..." he mumbled as he pointed to himself. His dark eyes scanned his surroundings and he would occasionally glance over into the bar and at the large man who had led him here.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:58 PM

Rift sighed as they went back to the door. “I’m thinkin’ he’s got a sensitive nose. Or something. Can’t even stand being in here.” He indicated the room.

“It’s fine. He’ll learn.” Aloe took the lead and exited the bar, seeing that the young man was pointing to himself. “Heh... You okay?” She asked. Observing him, she narrowed her large eyes and placed her hat back on her head. He was young, absolutely, possibly not even twenty years old. A bit small, in her opinion. She sniffed. He smelled like some sort of hair product, and at that, she snickered quietly. He seemed awfully overdressed as well. In comparison, she didn’t wear clothes nearly as complex, or, in her opinion, fragile.

Regardless, she took the young man’s hand. “I’m Aloe.” She said. “So, Rift thinks you’re a good catch, eh? Tell me your name.” She put her hands on her hips, studying the reaction this young man had to her. Female captains were rare, if they even existed at all, and the ones she knew were far too easy-going.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-02-2012, 11:05 PM

"So she's apparently strict...well from what the guy said he sure made her sound strict." he continued. "If she's strict like I think she is...then this might be tougher than I thought. I'm sure it will be worth in in the end, although I'm really hungry and all I want at the moment is food." Chaos stated.

Seeing a girl approach him through his peripheral vision, Chaos dropped his hands which were still pointing at himself, to his sides. "Hello Aloe..." he said and took a deep breath before answering her question. "My name is Chaos 'Tyrant' Vassily..." he answered and looked down at her hand in his confused. "It's...It's nice to meet you too..." he answered. So this was the captain that the man was talking about. Well she seemed like a nice person, but looks were always deceiving.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 PM

Aloe raised a brow. “Chaos and tyrant? You’d damn sure better live up to your name, then.” She crossed her arms, however, and studied the boy. “I’ll just call you Vassily.” She leaned close to Rift. “Maybe he named himself?” She muttered through still lips. Rift answered with a shrug. “I pity the parents who named him if not.” She added, just as quietly. “Mmkay, Vassily, how ‘bout you come with me?”

She put her hand between his shoulder blades to direct him. “We’re staying in town for the day, but you’ll have to take a look at the ship before anything solid’s written out.” She leaned close when he wasn’t looking and sniffed slightly at the air just above his head. “You’ll lose the hairspray and gel too.” Aloe added. “You don’t live on a ship to impress anyone with your looks. You’ll have to strengthen your senses too, some smells on-board aren’t exactly floral.”

Rusty’s bar wasn’t far from the port, and at that moment their footfalls went from stone to wood. A few ships had already departed, leaving the monstrous Counterclockwise resting at its line.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-02-2012, 11:31 PM

Chaos nodded. "Well Tyrant is just my middle name. No one has ever really called me that, I've only been called Chaos by my parents." he explained quietly as he heard her mention the word 'parents'. Being called Vassily surprised him since he thought she would call him by his name, and at that moment he knew that he shouldn't upset her for any reason.

"I have a question...you travel to places all over the world...but will we be coming back here at some point? I mean...I DO live here you know." he explained. "Alone, but I live here..." he added sadly as he let her lead her over to the ship. "Loose the Mousse?" he repeated and instinctively touched his hair gently with a quizzical look on his face. "I don't use hairspray or gel, I think it messes up your hair not fixes it..." he whispered to himself flatly.

Shielding his eyes from the sun, he looked up and gazed at the huge ship they called 'Counterclockwise'. "That's a very nice ship from what I can see..." he confessed shyly.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:07 AM

Aloe stared at him for a moment. “I don’t think you parents are particularly smart.” She said. “Or, were particularly smart, whichever it is. Chaos is a state of being in the world, and tyrant is a ruler who exercises cruelty. Neither can be considered a name when one is a title and the other is a state of nature.” She rolled her eyes. “Seems Vassily is the only part of your name that doesn’t seem completely unreal.”

She sighed. “Anyway, to answer your question, we sometimes visit the same town more than once. But if you really want this job you have to deal with not seeing home for years. Some of my men haven’t seen their own home since they left, not that I’ve ever heard them complain or talk about it. They weren’t savory people where they come from.” She stepped up to the edge of the port, and looked down. The distance into the crevice was massive. “Go on and take a look.” She indicated the ship before boarding it herself. Unknown to her, the twins had followed them from Rusty’s, along with Rift, who joined her on her way up.

Near the stern she found the mouse. He’d not been called anything other than Mouse since he’d joined the crew a month before. The only reason he was still around was because they hadn’t seen a town in a while and she didn’t have much reason to leave him to die or kick him overboard. She found him sitting near the piles of crates and boxes. “Mouse! C’mere boy.” She waved him forward. He stood, stepping up. He was almost taller than her, a lot thicker, but obviously younger.

“Yes’m?” He brushed his hair back, grabbing a handful of it at the top of his head. His blue eyes were wide.

“Get out.” Aloe nodded to the boardwalk. That curt response made the mouse’s eyes ever wider.

“What!? Why? What’d I do?” He stepped back, an anger showing on his face that had been plastered there as suddenly as if she had put it there herself.

“You’re useless. I found a replacement.” Aloe poked him in the chest. “Get your ass off this ship, take your things, and get lost. I don’t need a useless screw-up weighing down my work.”

“No! I’ve been busting my ass trying to keep you happy, you’re not getting rid of me that easily!” The mouse stepped backward and balled up his fist. “You’re not being fair, you’re hardly a captain. I guess it shows me for thinking a woman could be a good ship captain, eh?”

Aloe didn’t respond verbally. She turned her right hand into a fist and reacted immediately, throwing a punch with every ounce of her body’s weight behind it. It sent the mouse into the starboard side of the ship and nearly over the edge. When he looked back at her, the mouse’s hands were cupped over his nose and blood poured onto his dusty shirt and the deck.

“You bitch!” The mouse’s voice was muffled behind his hands. “I’ll kill you!”

“Rift!” Aloe glanced to her left, but Rift had already appeared. “Get this fool off the boat, he’s staining the wood.”

She stepped back as Rift obliged, grabbing the front of the mouse’s shirt and dragging him to the boardwalk. Aloe rubbed her closed fist, ready to throw another if need be. At least, she considered, the annoyance and anger from the other day had been relieved with that punch. She glanced around for Vassily.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-03-2012, 12:29 AM

"Well I heard that both Chaos and Tyrant are monsters..." he replied flatly and shrugged. "So I have no idea why my parents named me that...bunch of weirdos I guess..." he muttered to himself as he stifled a yawn. What if I AM a monster?! he thought to himself and followed Aloe's gaze. "Ah well that makes sense. I think I can handle it...it's not like anyone is going to miss me anyway." he admitted.

Chaos looked around the ship, analyzing all that he could, but being careful not to touch anything. Some talking had captured his attention and he began to listen while staring at the cloudless sky. Hearing the way Aloe just talked to this 'Mouse' character made him wince visibly. "poor guy..." he whispered to himself and watched fearfully as the large man from before, now known as Rift, dragged the bloody Mouse fellow out of the ship.

Fear had seized Chaos as he saw this and he quickly tore his eyes away from Rift and mouse; deciding to stare at his boots. He felt very much out of place on this ship where everyone didn't really dress nicely. They just seemed to make sure that they had some clothes on, looks didn't seem to matter on this ship which confused and surprised him.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:54 AM

When Rift returned, Aloe had approached Vassily. “Sorry ‘bout that.” She said, bending down to see the young man’s face. “The mouse was a useless addition. And I never should have listened to you, Shane!” She called above his head to one of the twins, transporting the crates and some barrels below deck to the kitchen. He didn’t reply, but acknowledged her call by turning slightly.

“Anyway, Vassily,” Aloe patted his shoulder. “How about it? Think you’re better than the mouse? Can keep up and not screw around and shun your responsibilities?” She looked at Rift. “My main man’s a pretty good judge of character, wouldn’t have chosen you if you didn’t look like a good addition.” She stepped back. “If you’re good, you’ll come with me and change clothes. Then you’ll do whatever you like and come back to the ship tomorrow before noon, which is when we’re taking off.” She turned, stepping off toward the cabin where the twins had vanished.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-03-2012, 04:09 AM

Chaos looked at Aloe and then back down at his boots. "Aloe...listen. I think I can handle it...and then I think I can't...besides, you're main man gave me a choice." he explained and walked a few steps away from her. He was already feeling pressured and intimidated by her. "He said that you were looking for someone young, strong and energetic. Saying that if I thought I had the qualities you were looking for, that I should follow him. I followed him out of curiosity." he admitted meekly.

"What I'm trying to say is that I'm afraid of ending up like Mouse." he whispered and looked her in the eyes. "I think I have what it takes...but I'm also doubtful. This is all very sudden, you didn't ask me a day before...I need time to really think about it. Then again, we don't have time do we?" he asked as he stared at her.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:26 AM

Aloe leaned against the mast behind her. It held one of the main sails that helped direct the ship with wind power in case of engine failure. “Curiosity often gives you the chance of a lifetime.” She said. “It puts you in situations you never thought you’d be in, and that may or may not be a good thing. The true objective of curiosity is to make you learn, give you experience that you’ll use later.”

She glanced at the twins, coming up from the cabin. “Anyway... The only way you’d end up like the mouse---by the way, his name isn’t Mouse---is if you’re a glutton who’d eat more than their share, or someone who’ll shun their responsibilities and sleep in all the time, lie to me or their superiors, which there aren’t many, or try to pawn off their job to someone else. I’m pretty sure you’re not like that, but you never know, and I’ll never know unless I give you a chance.” She crossed her arms. “The mouse deserved getting his nose broken. I wouldn’t have let him hit me first. I’m not an idiot.”

She stood straight and placed herself in front of the young man so he’d have to look directly at her. “You have a choice. You can mull it over until tomorrow and show up before we take off, or decline this position right here and now and not waste your time or mine anymore. It’s that simple. And if you decide not to come with us tomorrow, just don’t show up. But you’d be missing out on a huge opportunity to see the world, the sky, everything from a huge altitude. It may or may not be easy, we’re not your typical sailors.” She laughed. “But, if you really need some time, I’ll give it to you.” She paused. “But at least stay here on the ship, I’m pretty sure Rift’s recruitment made you miss breakfast, eh?”

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-03-2012, 04:41 AM

"I always thought that curiosity got a person killed..."he responded. "You're right though...opportunities like these don't come around often. This is a once in a lifetime chance to get a change of scenery, to actually look forward to waking up...to seeing new places and meeting new people." he began. "To finally do something with my life..."

Listening to what Aloe was saying, Chaos nodded in agreement at what she said. "Well I don't really eat much...I eat what I have. If I want to work here I know that I'm going to do my best in anything you tell me to do, and I don't like to lie to people, I know that lying doesn't solve anything it only makes things worse." he agreed. When she mentioned not letting Mouse hit her first, his eyes widened. "Well good, a man isn't supposed to hit a lady, that's just not right. It's stupid and unmanly...at least...that's my parents told me." commented Chaos seriously.

"You want to give me a chance Aloe, and I am willing to accept it and do my best at whatever it is you want me to do on the ship." he announced. "Yes, I did miss breakfast...I was in such a hurry to come outside that I had completely forgotten about breakfast; and when Rift recruited me...well it didn't give me a chance to go back home and eat something really quick." he explained nervously.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:12 AM

Aloe repeated her previous gesture and lead Vassily to the door of the cabin. “Curiosity kills the cat, not the human. Regardless, it’s a learning experience.” She opened the door, leading to a set of stairs that went into the subterranean cabin area. “I agree, kid, you’ll be able to be useful! That’s gotta be something to look forward to, eh?”

She looked him over as they passed the storage rooms. “You need more meat on those bones.” She said. “I mean, you’re... a little scrawny. It’s good to be light but you can’t be skin and bones.” They turned left, and immediately left again, this time the floor taking a diagonal plane and heading down for a time. They passed the sleeping quarters and engine room, then Aloe’s office and room. “You know, I’m not considered a lady in most senses.” She admitted. “I’m female, beyond a doubt, but I’m a very manly female, it seems. A man would have to fight me if I wanted to fight him. Besides, regardless of what gender you are, in my opinion, you shouldn’t not hit or fight someone based on that. It’s not right. Especially to me. I want to be treated as an equal, not as a delicate little flower that needs protection. That’s bull.”

She and Vassily stopped in front of a steel door. Turning the heavy handle, she pulled it open. “I’ll be glad to give you a chance, but you’d better learn fast.” She let Vassily in first and followed. Immediately they were hit with a warm, humid air. “Gino! Where are you?” Aloe looked around the darkly-lit kitchen for the one she called Gino.

He appeared from behind a massive stack of crates. “Aloe! It’s early, eh?” He was twisting his long brown hair, and appeared to have slept behind the crates. His vest was askew, and the heat-retardant goggles around his neck were turned to an odd angle.

“Sweets, we have a new crewmate.” Aloe said, patting Vassily. “He’ll be starting here with you, as a dishwasher. I’ll give him a more complete schedule later.” She glanced around. “That good with you?” She asked, but didn’t appear to care whether it was or not. “If it is, Gino can get you some breakfast. Whatever you want that he can make, eh? I gotta go back on deck, how about you two get to know each other?” Without another word, she spun around and left, slamming the steel door to make sure it closed.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-03-2012, 02:51 PM

Chaos listened to her and nodded. "Ah yes, I also heard my mother say that." he said and looked at her as he began to follow her. Looking around in the cabin, he nodded at what she had said. "Well yes. I need to see if I'm good at anything, and this is where I start looking."

He stared at her as she looked at him and then looked at himself. "Well I suppose you're right. Like I said before though, I don't really eat much. I only like to eat what I'm allowed to eat." he explained while following her quickly as to not to stay behind and get lost in the large ship. "Well it's okay if you don't want to be protected, I respect that Aloe." he answered and stared at the large steel door.

Walking inside, he looked around the dark kitchen and wondered if anyone was even here at the moment since it looked pretty alone. "I'll try to learn as fast as I can I'm only human. Just tell me what needs to be done, how to get it done, and I'll see that it gets done the way you want it to get done." he replied.

Chaos was still scanning the dark kitchen for any sign of movements, and was surprised to see 'Gino' appear from behind some crates. We woke up the cook...and he's right, it does seem a bit early to be cooking unless you're a restaurant. he thought to himself as he stared at Gino then looked at Aloe as she spoke.

A dishwasher? Well that seems easy..I mean, I've washed dished before so this I can handle. he thought to himself with a confident nod. "That's-" but he stopped himself as he watched Aloe leave him alone in the dark with Gino and slam the door behind her. Chaos looked back at Gino and waved slightly. "Hello there..." he whispered.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:37 PM

Gino waved his hand. “Bah, stop gesturing, that’s for me!” He snapped, and rubbed his eyes. “Ehhr... Teach me to sleep on the job again. Should’ve been awake an hour ago!” He looked at Vassily. “We all get up at precisely five in the morning. Actually, the rest of the crew gets up at five, I get up at four-thirty to start my job! Lucky for me I only cook, since I’m not good for anything else. ‘Cause believe me I’m not.”

He turned to the kitchen. “So, you’re the new face around.” He continued, grabbing a rubber band from around his wrist and tying back his hair. “You keep on your toes. People learn fast around here.” He looked around to the young man as he positioned his goggles over his eyes. “See, when you’re down here you’ll wanna wear these.” he tapped the glass over his eyes. “Keep the sweat from running in your eyes and keep the heat from damaging your sight when you’re over a huge pot.” He laughed. “I don’t have dishes to do right now, so let me know what you’ll want and I’ll make it up.”

He bent down and grabbed from underneath the counters a large brass-and-copper pot, setting it on the top of the stove. “The rest of the crew’s in town, but I’ve been to this one. Don’t like it much. Shady people. Been pickpocketed more times than I’d like to count.” With that, Gino turned. “So?”

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-03-2012, 06:10 PM

Chaos cringed slightly at the sudden anger in Gino's voice. Must be because he was woken up...I don't blame him for being cranky... he thought to himself and listened to what Gino was saying. "At five sharp..okay I'll keep that in mind." he answered as he tapped his temple. Looking at Gino, he nodded. "Well I don't know how to cook at all...but I do know how to clean...I think cleaning is all that I'm good at...and putting things away." he explained.

Chaos watched as Gino placed some goggles over his eyes and nodded at his question. "Yes sir...I'm the new kid." he confirmed. Listening to the cook, it all made sense to Chaos. "I see...well it makes sense when you think about it." he said as he watched Gino grab the large brass-and-copper pot. "Ah I understand. I don't really get along with anyone I meet..and I live here so I really don't get alone with anyone from this town. I just prefer to stay cooped up in my house and play card games with myself." he explained softly.

Chaos was glad that Gino hadn't asked to know his name and began to think of what he was hungry for. "Well any kind of stew would be nice." he answered and nodded. He wasted it to be spicy though, but he decided not to be picky about his food since any food sounded good at the moment.