jupiter
inactive account

Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 AM

I am somewhat confident that I've returned everything I borrowed from the library, but I haven't returned since I was a child. Partly because I just haven't had the use or time for it--I mean look at all the infinite information at our fingertips and screen? A touch away and you can take a virtual tour of China without leaving your home or putting on pants. And the other part, perhaps the biggest part, is that I'm convinced once I step past the threshold of the library domain I'll be closelined by a burly librarian and dragged away into some unexplored corner of the library and tortured for having not returned a video or book for a decade.

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 04-19-2013, 10:04 AM

Ahaha that's an understandable fear xD I do like having printed books though to read, especially when you can't find them or their audio versions online. Although the only place I read printed books anymore is on the train or the bus.. travelling, basically. I never read anymore at home, except for audiobooks.
Oh and... I can't remember if I mentioned, but I'm listening to the LotR audiobooks read by Rob Inglis, who is just the best reader ever, and last night I was feeling on the edge of dropping into a bout of depression so I decided to just put that on... and realised I was at the part of Tom Bombadil, and when Rob Inglis does Tom Bombadil, who is already my favourite character of Middle Earth, in that sing-song-y voice of his and sings his songs... ahh I was so happy I cried tears of joy :')

On another topic entirely.. I took some self portraits yesterday and I wanted to do a moustache. I don't know how I've never thought of this before but... false eyelashes make awesome fake moustaches! :D