Amelia
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-12-2012, 08:09 PM

I know I've over done it, I've been doing it since I was twelve.
I can only hope that twenty years from now they develop good hair restoring products so I don't go bald. xD

Ultimate Fanbase Lvr
*^_^*
Banned

Old 01-12-2012, 08:13 PM

Lol My hair is so thick that I've dyed it...well I dont know how many times, I tried black and went dark brown. Then added red, then added red all over my hair and then stripped it like 2-3 times and then blonded it, added red, blonded it, added red and it came out pink, on dont forget my hair turned orangish red once, and then recently I covered it with a red and now its a dark orange/red type of color (more orange is coming out of it) and I am hoping just to add another bottle of red to keep it this way :P I can't find the style I love most. But, I am sticking with red since it runs in our family.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-12-2012, 08:33 PM

I like my hair to stay healthy from not being dyed. It's very thick and I have it really long right now. I was growing it back out to donate, but I like it being long, actually. Plus I have a feeling that if I cut it again, then it'd only get curlier. Haha. Last time I donated 14 inches and as soon as she cut it, it kinked up and its been curly ever since, even with being really long? @__@;;

I think it can be pretty when people dye there hair sometimes, though. I like when people have the short hair and interesting colors. For some reason, to me, bold colors only really look good with short hair. Its like when its long, its just too much or something.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-12-2012, 11:03 PM

I agree about that last bit. I've always had my hair long and it's always either been one solid color of just highlights. I've never really had my hair short though.

Ultimate Fanbase Lvr
*^_^*
Banned

Old 01-12-2012, 11:20 PM

my mom cuts my hair or my dad depending on if I want it straight or not lol

But my hair is thick enough that its not bothered by the dye. And I take very good care of my hair otherwise. I used to have it long but everyone saw me like i was an angel so i got it cut and its above my shoulders almost touching.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-13-2012, 02:32 AM

Yeah, i've just always kept my hair its natural brown. I like the color it is well enough and dont care for dying hair. And I look silly with bangs, and haven't bothered to try going shorter with my hair again since the horrible bang incident. :lol: Bad, bad times. Plus its too thick to really do anything with, and clips can't hold it, so its easier having it this long because its so long that I can wrap it up into a bun easily.

@ Lvr - Why would having it long make people see you as an angel?

mynanaflirts
*^_^*

Old 01-13-2012, 05:24 AM

Congrates new winner... I forgot how to spell the name

Amelia
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-13-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Fanbase Lvr View Post
my mom cuts my hair or my dad depending on if I want it straight or not lol

But my hair is thick enough that its not bothered by the dye. And I take very good care of my hair otherwise. I used to have it long but everyone saw me like i was an angel so i got it cut and its above my shoulders almost touching.
I used to think that about my hair, the thickness. It was true for many years, but recently all the damage I've caused is starting to catch up, and it's really thinning out, so just be careful.

That being said, I can't count the number of times I've bleached my hair, which is the worst so that's probably it.
Right now it's black and purple (been putting color's like that in it since junior high, also one of the reasons it's starting to catch up), it was supposed to be pink but when I was washing it out I accidentally let some of the black run into it and it turned purple. xD

Fiona_Watergate
Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse...

Old 01-13-2012, 03:09 PM

hello loves <3

Amelia
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-13-2012, 03:18 PM

Hi Sam, how are you?

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 01-13-2012, 05:56 PM

I've colored my hair for years...ever since I started going white in my 30's.

That wouldn't have been bad, but I also used to perm it (it was the 80's...we all did it).

Then it started falling out. Obviously, I don't perm anymore, but the damage has been done. It's pretty thin. Coloring it is still good though because it makes it feel thicker...

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-13-2012, 06:45 PM

I imagine that I might start dying my hair when I begin graying, too. :lol:
Thats why my mom dyes her hair. :yes:

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-13-2012, 07:04 PM

I have natural red hair in real life. When I start greying, you bet I'm going to start dying. I'll be the 60 year old grandma with crazy red hair XD

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-13-2012, 07:06 PM

I have a regular brown color of hair. It gets a lot of red in it, but its not really noticeable unless i've been in the sun enough to bring it out more. My hair gets darker during the winter when I haven't been in the sun that often. But it looks pretty when it is in the sun. :lol: Has a bunch of different shades in it that'll shine all pretty.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-13-2012, 07:09 PM

I feel like my red hair is just part of my personality - it helps define who I am. I'm going to cry when I go grey XD Hence the dying XDD

I had a friend with hair like yours Suona, brown with some natural red highlights. It was really pretty!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-13-2012, 07:14 PM

I think that red hair is so pretty, so you're very lucky. ^^ Its a gorgeous hair color. What type of shade is it? Is it like the orange red?

Yeah, I wish my red stood out more. It did a lot when I was younger. I was out in the sun so often as a kid, that when I was very young it was nearly blonde. But my mom's hair use to have a ton of red in it. Have pictures from when she was younger, and she had very pretty brown red hair. Now she dyes it a deep red color since she's graying so much. :lol: Looks good on her, though.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 01-13-2012, 07:24 PM

I've always wanted red hair (hence my avie).

lol....Hubby even noticed that all my avatars I choose on all game sites, etc...all have red hair.

But when I try to do my own red, it just looks so fake that I've given up on it.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-13-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
I think that red hair is so pretty, so you're very lucky. ^^ Its a gorgeous hair color. What type of shade is it? Is it like the orange red?

Yeah, I wish my red stood out more. It did a lot when I was younger. I was out in the sun so often as a kid, that when I was very young it was nearly blonde. But my mom's hair use to have a ton of red in it. Have pictures from when she was younger, and she had very pretty brown red hair. Now she dyes it a deep red color since she's graying so much. :lol: Looks good on her, though.
It's like...a golden red if that makes sense? The base color is like...typical ginger red head. But I have natural blonde high lights on top that make it lighter and not so....CARROT TOP IN YOUR FACE XD There - that's me XD

My hair is like yours in the sense that when I'm in the sun longer, the blonde is more prominent XD It would get lighter during the summer months because i was always outside playing with my brothers XD

My voice teacher in college had RED hair...like...the color of my avvie. She said that she had the same color I did but once she got older she just went RED and she looks so beautiful! Some people are just meant to be redheads!

@Jean - lol - my OCs, my avvies, they all have red hair. It's not like I plan it...I'm just so into red hair that I do it without thinking XD

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-13-2012, 08:50 PM

Oooh! It is soo pretty! o 3o What a lovely hair color. ^^
And you're very pretty, too. You can pull off yellow very well. I wont wear it at all. ><;; It doesn't agree with me in the least. lol

Here's two that you can really tell what its like in the sun sometimes. These are way old, though. The first is from my 8th grade graduation. :lol: And the other was after i'd cut my hair off to donate it. All grown back out now. That could be why I dont have as much color in my hair now. Haven't been in the sun often enough since I got it cut off.

And then this is how dark it is now. You can kind of see the red in it, a tiny bit. This was still awhile ago, too. ><;; Its gotten too long to have it up like that now. But its hard to tell there is much red in it unless i'm in the sun or good lighting. Many of the pictures that I have of myself are in poor lighting, so you can't even really see my hair too well anyway.

Oh, and yes, that is a real snake. :lol: Its a rubber boa.

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Kendra

Old 01-13-2012, 08:55 PM

Hey everyone~!

Aww. Your hair is adorable, Maria!

I've been dying mine off and on for the past ten years or so, and the color I gravitate towards the most is red. Though I've gone a darker shade of brown than my natural one, and a few years ago I was dark brown with black lowlights and a pink/purple undercoat... I tend to stick to a really deep red because even as it fades (as red is prone to do) it still looks pretty damn good. :3

This is what it tends to look like right after I dye it:

Though not usually as sweaty and gross... that was just right after a concert in the middle of the summer.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-13-2012, 08:58 PM

@Sunoa - Wow - your hair was kinda similar to my color when you were younger! It does look browner now. But I know a lot of people who had their hair deepen in color as they grew older. My brothers both had red hair when they were babies and by the time they were 2 they were brown haired kids. XD I'm not blood related to them either (we're all adopted from different families) so it was weird when we were all that young and we all had red hair XDD My one brother is 4 weeks older than me - people thought we were twins when we were younger XD

I used to not be able to wear yellow without looking washed out. I still can't wear pastel yellow but that deeper yellow is fine XD I had to wear it - it was teh colors of my acapella choir in college XDDD

OMG I thought that was reall.....

@Kendra - that's the color I'm going to do when I start dying later in life...I'm gonna wait until my natural hair fades and goes grey...then I'm going to dye it your color XD Red hair is just me. I won't be the same without it D:

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-13-2012, 09:00 PM

Flock of Seagulls haircut! lol

You have such gorgeous skin, kamikaze. Even though that sounds like an odd statement. :lol: Just such an even and good skintone. :yes: I can never keep a very good tan for long. :'(

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-13-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Flock of Seagulls haircut! lol

You have such gorgeous skin, kamikaze. Even though that sounds like an odd statement. :lol: Just such an even and good skintone. :yes: I can never keep a very good tan for long. :'(

I can't tan at all :ninja:

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Kendra

Old 01-13-2012, 09:04 PM

@Maria - It's a very good color. Probably my favorite out of all I've tried. Let's just say that blonde wasn't a good look on me... and I sported it for about a year. >.<;

@Suona - Aww! Thanks! I... don't usually tan very well either. But somehow I've managed to hold onto this one for almost a year. It's a pale tan, but it's stuck. The funniest part is that I still have the flip-flop line on my feet from Florida last spring. xD

And Patrick's hair was just... post-show crazy. Gotta love it. haha

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-13-2012, 09:06 PM

I live in Florida - still no tan for me XD just burns then I'm white again XDDD *avoids the sun*

@Kendra - well red suits you! I like your color - it looks good with your skin :D