TasiaChiba
  • Challenge TasiaChiba in the Arcade

Old 05-29-2010, 11:40 PM

Tassie's Spiffy Event Freebies

So, no pretty graphics for this thread. More time to spend on arts that way! Let's keep it alllll so simple.

I've decided to open an event freebies thread for people so I can make freebies as I choose. This will be completely random and at my discretion. The art will also be a "you get what you get" because I have no idea what kind of art I wanna offer up. I'll just let the avatars inspire me, rawr! However, all freebies will be head/bust shots and in sketch form.

Erm, rules: ToS and be nice! Oh, and please, PLEASE be sure to save the picture and upload it yourself as I will be deleting these pictures from my photo bucket account some time after the event. In the even you don't save it before hand, or you lose it, just send me a PM and let me know and I'll be sure to get a copy back to you. ^_^ (I keep everything.) O_O

That's all! Come and chat and perhaps score an art of some sort while yer at it!

The Victims:
XxPERFECTxMESSxX: HERE! - SIG size
Torrinne: HERE! - SIG size
steelmagghia: - HERE! - SIG size ---- Version2 - HERE! - SIG size
MinaBaby - HERE! - SIG size

EDIT: For those who are interested, I've gone ahead and set up my shop. It will officially be open after this event ends, but posting the link now for stalkers, haha! Go --> HERE!

Last edited by TasiaChiba; 06-04-2010 at 06:37 AM..

XxPERFECTxMESSxX
Send a message via AIM to XxPERFECTxMESSxX
  • Challenge XxPERFECTxMESSxX in the Arcade

Old 05-29-2010, 11:46 PM

haihaiii~
i see free arts<3
may i have one? :3

TasiaChiba

Old 05-29-2010, 11:47 PM

Stick around and chat and I just may. ^_~

So how're you this evening? Well, it's evening where I am. :)

XxPERFECTxMESSxX

Old 05-29-2010, 11:49 PM

it evening here too =^-^=
im good! but very bored since i have 100 and something questions to do for tuesday and only have 47 done D:
how are yous?

TasiaChiba

Old 05-29-2010, 11:59 PM

Not too bad. Glad it's not as muggy here as it was yesterday, though that's due mostly to the lovely rain we had last night that cooled everything off. Often it will get muggy again after it rains, but it's stayed nice... thank goodness!

What are your questions for? I'm assuming a class, lol, which one?

XxPERFECTxMESSxX

Old 05-30-2010, 12:02 AM

its for my physics class ((which im failing epically))
these questions are worth a MAJOR grade and they take forever to figure out :P
ive been doing them all day but its soo hard Dx

Torrinne
  • Challenge Torrinne in the Arcade

Old 05-30-2010, 12:13 AM

-sneaks into the thread-

I saw that you posted a link, but I was working on a description of an RP character. Hurrah, another thread for me to lurk in.

XxPERFECTxMESSxX

Old 05-30-2010, 12:14 AM

lurking in threads is fun ;D
thats all ive been doing lately

MinaBaby
Send a message via MSN to MinaBaby
  • Challenge MinaBaby in the Arcade

Old 05-30-2010, 12:15 AM

-tackles everyone in a sleepy kitteh manner-
ok, Mina is here, but tired.... so.... sleep tiem! I shall be back!

TasiaChiba

Old 05-30-2010, 12:17 AM

Bwuahahahaha! Come to meeeee, lurkerrrrrssss!!! =grins wickedly=

@XxPERFECTxMESSxX: Ah, I love Physics. I took an honor's class in high school as an elective, but I can't remember the formula's all these years later. I love theoretical physics, though. LOVE!

My bro just took a physics class last semester, though.

@MinaBaby: =hugs= later hon!

Torrinne

Old 05-30-2010, 12:19 AM

-giggles- I'm imagining the face that goes with that evil laugh, and I just can't take it seriously.

XxPERFECTxMESSxX

Old 05-30-2010, 12:19 AM

HOW CAN YOU LOVE IT?!?! DDD:
its the reason im going to summer school the first year of my life!
it also took my deep concentration on math away so im failing that too Dx
((I spent too much time on trying not to fail science i ended up not realizing that i was failing math all this year too. which i never had to worry about ever in my life))

TasiaChiba

Old 05-30-2010, 12:26 AM

@ Torrinne: =laughs with you= Oh, I can only imagine what it was myself!

@ XxPERFECTxMESSxX: Oh, I find that usually it's the teacher's fault for not really getting physics across to the students. There's too much emphasis on equations and what not without explaining real world applications. I mean, hey, every single physical thing we do in life is an act of physics, lol! But theoretical is friggin' awesome. That's when you get into discussions of black holes, dark matter, quantum mechanics, dimension theory, space travel, the works. (I could keep going, lol) It's fascinating and limitless. But, of course, the core science, those horrible equations and whatnot that you learn in class are what are used to support or disprove any of theories that crop up.

Mostly, though, you find physics used to build cars, buildings, airplanes, create those awesome holograms that everyone loves, etc. And you have to have a basic understanding of physics and algebraic applications to do these things. Hey, it can be tough. But yeah, there are some people that excel at it, while others fall flat.

XxPERFECTxMESSxX

Old 05-30-2010, 12:31 AM

Aaha well im one of those people who fall flat. xD
and THANK GOD SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS ITS THE TEACHERS FAULT NOT MINE!
i understand most things she says but sometimes it makes no sense whatsoever and then she words the questions so weirdly you dont even know what shes talking about.

Torrinne

Old 05-30-2010, 12:31 AM

It was kind of fantastic, I really hope you were making that face in real life. (But probably not.)

Mmm, physics. I'll be taking that next year. Not really looking forward to it, because I have to take the three-hour night class. But I can see not liking it, because not a lot of people use it in the real world. It's like calculus.

XxPERFECTxMESSxX

Old 05-30-2010, 12:34 AM

I HATE CALCULUS TOO!!!!!!!!!
terrible classes made for the teacher's entertainment to watch us suffer from the stupid work that will never leave the classroom nor the homework paper set in front of our faces.
WHOEVER MADE THAT KIND OF MATH UP IS LAUGHING IN MY FACE AND WANTS ME TO FAIL OUT OF SCHOOL. T-T

Torrinne

Old 05-30-2010, 12:38 AM

-hides in the corner-

Uwah, scary. I shouldn't have mentioned calc. ^_^"

TasiaChiba

Old 05-30-2010, 12:42 AM

Oh, my brother just came in and mentioned that most likely your physics class is trig based. Calc based ones are much more fun and easier to understand. The difference is on how you solve the equations. With trig you have to apply it to 2-3 different formulas and use more algebra, while calc you just uses one derivative step to find your answers. He loves math and said the calc based is TONS easier. Even my class was trig based when I took it, so I understand that.

=hugs you both= lol, actually, there really ARE real-world applications... just not in every day jobs. Well, sometimes you'd be surprised that there are every day jobs that use it advanced math, you're just not aware of it. So many jobs use algebra, but no teacher I ever had TOLD anyone how it would be used. Teachers have REALLY got to start connecting with the students. It's no wonder so many people have issues in these type classes! I can totally understand the sentiment to not want to learn something if you can't see or figure out how it would be used in a real world setting... >_<

And yes, I fully will call teachers out on something if they're teaching inaccurately or being negligent in their teaching. Even my physics class... when I took it... the ONLY thing the teacher did was assign us homework and then go over it the next day in class. She never TAUGHT.... O_O And the only thing that set the honors class apart from the regular class was ONE 10 page research paper. >_<

But yes, calculus IS used in the real world, as well as physics, hehe! We're just not always aware of it. The first thing I can think of off the top of my head is economists, lol. They must rely on calculus. Stock brokers, investors, etc, use basic principles of Calc and various other mathematics.

Torrinne

Old 05-30-2010, 12:46 AM

I guess I'm kind of biased, because our Biology department tries to avoid math in general as much as possible. Honestly, I think most of the people are in my major because they just like animals, or because they never got over wanting to be a doctor when they were 5. So a lot of stuff gets dumbed down, which makes me mad. >.<

TasiaChiba

Old 05-30-2010, 12:47 AM

Are you in college, Torrinne? And yes, I think that happens a lot. >_< Science should be about science, lol, not fluffy bunnies! .... Though... I likes fluffy bunnies... @_@ =kerthunks=

XxPERFECTxMESSxX

Old 05-30-2010, 12:48 AM

i know phisics is used in the real world but calc def isnt!

lolol i always get that way when my teacher decides to tell me i better pull my grade up because she doesnt feel like working on calc with me in summer school because of the way i react when i start working on problems.

i flipped out once and started to protest how none of it made sense and should not exist in the world. Shes a very bitchy person and decided to argue with me saying she uses it all the time in life and i was all like cause your a MATH TEACHER you dont see me walking down the street saying "OH HAY GUYS I DIFFERENTIATE YOU!" and she backed down and i won the argument ^-^

((she hates me a lot more now :3))
and i wish i took biology like i did last year but they wouldnt let me cause it was full :[[

TasiaChiba

Old 05-30-2010, 12:54 AM

@ XxPERFECTxMESSxX: hahaha! Oh, that cracked me up! You got her good! Really, teachers need to know how their lessons are really applied to real life... O_O;;;; It's why they get made fun of so much and why students don't accept/trust them as much as they should... =shakes head= Too many teachers who don't really wanna teach...

I had to take economic classes, though, which is why I know for certain that calc is used in real world settings and definitely for economics. Business majors also have to have a good understanding of calc. =shrugs= It's the fault of the teachers not to explain things properly. What's really sad, though, is if that's what they teach... then for crying out loud, they should know how it's used!!!

Last edited by TasiaChiba; 05-30-2010 at 12:56 AM..

Torrinne

Old 05-30-2010, 12:56 AM

Yush. Torri's a college senior. -dies a little- Some of those people, I just want to shake. While shouting "WHY ARE YOU HERE? GTFO MY LAB!" But fluffy bunnies are adorable.

Ahaha. I had a similar argument with my calc prof last semester, but he's a cool dude, so we were both pretty much joking around.

TasiaChiba

Old 05-30-2010, 12:59 AM

=hugs= Soon it'll be over and you'll be out working in a good setting... hopefully around others who aren't all fluffy bunnies over science.

Oh... astronomy.... can't do ANY astronomy without calc! *_* (higher level astro that is...) ;p

Torrinne

Old 05-30-2010, 01:03 AM

Well...soon it'll be over, and I'll be on my way to more schooling. Hopefully in a field where people aren't quite so...fluffy.

Back in a few, shower.

Tags