RovingMercenary
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to RovingMercenary Send a message via MSN to RovingMercenary Send a message via Yahoo to RovingMercenary

Old 03-26-2007, 06:28 PM

Okay, here comes the skinny.

I made an RP based on Soul Calibur, the fighting game that is filled with all sorts of awesome goodies. Except this time, there is no Mitsurugi, no Taki, no Cervantes. Just you and your crew against them and their crew. They have an advantage, you just have your wits. Will you be the one to sacrifice your soul for power, or will you stand up and defend your individuality?

Any and all IC posts are to be made here. Please read the rules on the first page. Heck, they'll even be posted here.

Have fun.

RovingMercenary
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to RovingMercenary Send a message via MSN to RovingMercenary Send a message via Yahoo to RovingMercenary

Old 03-26-2007, 06:31 PM

Rules:
  • Here, we follow the rules of the Anti-Munch Project. Pay attention to these, as it will dictate what is kosher and what is not.
  • As stated before, no in-game characters. This is your character, in your situation. What would you do if a weapon that had the capacity to trigger armageddon were about to piece itself together?
  • Respect above all. That means letting people know (in the OOC threads) that you will be gone, and for how long you'll be gone. No drama outside of the IC threads- we don't want a flame war influencing the RP itself.
  • Remember- your character is in mortal danger in every conflict you enter. If you cannot accept absolute defeat, re-consider the reasons why you joined this RP.
  • Literacy is a must, but a few mistakes are allowed, so long as you remember what goes where, so to speak. Other than that, feel free to use your imagination, for without it, there is no RP.
  • PM all bios to me, or post them in the OOC. Once again, the IC thread must maintain its flow.

Other interesting things you may need to know:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RovingMercenary
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaming-Scorpion
mmmm well can they have powers before hand? because my character already has wings and is a pyromancer >.>

by difficult i mean...won't other RP'ers cut in when 2 people are fighting?
Not if they have common sense. Besides, although they have a rather hive mentality when they're together, the pieces of the sword are still smart enough to pick one person and have him/her/it cut you apart. It adjusts to the situation. If there's a small army ahead, then everyone attacks. One person? One person. Two people? Two people.

And as for powers... in the game, Taki has the ability to cast magic. She was born with it. Ivy has a sword that has a mind of its own, changing shape and form. She made it. Talim has the ability to use the wind in order to dodge attacks. She learned it.

So I wouldn't be too surprised if someone came out with the ability to toss fire. Powers are allowed, but remember- you need a weapon. You can't just go around tossing flames without some kind of alternate means to defend yourself, just in case the fire goes out or doesn't work.
So yeah, if you want to have powers, place mention of them somewhere in your history. Otherwise, you will be using what you don't have. And please be nice and don't cut in when there's already a dance.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexeos
Hmm.

I probably missed this, but what period of time is this in? Modern times?
Yeah, pretty much. *Shrug*
:D Speaks for itself.

Quote:
Wow, everyone seems to be having their characters come to New York.

But remember, your scenario can start from any location on the planet. These incidents are happenning in more than one place in more than one country. So please, feel free to get your RP on from any point you wish.
In other words, let's see some variety! France, Italy, Germany, China, England, Japan, wherever! Put your character somewhere else so we can have fun!

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 03-26-2007, 06:45 PM

The Entry Form. What you need in order to play. Here's what it entails:

Code:
Username:
Character Name:
Birthplace:
Birthdate:
Appearance:
Alignment: (Good, Evil, Neutral.)
Weapon: (Firearms are pretty much useless against Soul Edge. Thus, don't use any.)
History: (Make it somewhat detailed and readable.)

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 03-26-2007, 06:47 PM

The Legend Will Never Die
The story thus far, and the memorable battles that have occurred.

Prologue: The Legend of Soul Edge

The modern age of technology.

The gun rules. Armor-piercing weapons are paramount in self-defense and military situations, as they were in ages past. A good vest will not always save one's hide, and blades have become useless outside of competition and exhibition. The only good, sharp thing is a piece of glass, a razor blade, a steak knife. Common household items found on the street.

But some things found on the street... or in this case, in the trash, are not so common. Around the world, in multiple areas and quiet corners, a movement is starting. A movement that will change the world forever, and in a quite bad way...

Memorable Combat Scenes:
  • None yet. Watch this space- an excerpt from one of your fights may end up here!

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 03-26-2007, 06:48 PM

26/03/2007- RP is now open for business. Prepare for battle!

17/05/2007- RP is undergoing a revival. Looking for people, here.

hexeos
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to hexeos Send a message via Yahoo to hexeos

Old 03-26-2007, 09:53 PM

Hmm.

I probably missed this, but what period of time is this in? Modern times?

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 03-26-2007, 11:41 PM

Yeah, pretty much. *Shrug*

My little brother (who is smarter than he looks, mind you) had this idea, and I was so bored I thought, "Hell with it, let's do this." He had a dorky name for it, so I decided to make a better one.

Doofus Soda
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-27-2007, 02:15 AM

• Ooh, sounds fun. I've never done a SC RP before. :3

hexeos
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to hexeos Send a message via Yahoo to hexeos

Old 03-27-2007, 02:23 AM

Hmm.

Can I claim a position while I work on a character?

Because if so, I so want the Soul Caliber.

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 03-27-2007, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doofus Soda
  • Ooh, sounds fun. I've never done a SC RP before. :3

Teh hex- Sure thing. But in order to get the Soul Calibur, you're going to have to find it first. And it's difficult to find, really. Just sign up for the good alignment for now. I might make people fight for the holy sword. People are most DEFINITELY going to be fighting over Soul Edge.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2007, 05:25 AM

I'd totally play if it wasn't for the fact that I only ever did one on one battles against friends and won by button mashing.

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2007, 05:33 AM

i'm tempted but afraid i'll screw up

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 03-27-2007, 06:47 AM

Quote:
i'm tempted but afraid i'll screw up
Everyone has that problem, friend. The fear of jumping into the lake is the same as the fear of losing, the fear of being a poor RPer. The question is... will you let that fear stop you from playing what appears to be a good game?

Fear is only conquered by trudging forward, one step at a time. Sign up, join in, see how you do. What exactly do you have to lose? If this character isn't your main character, then you have nothing to fear. Go for it!

seripha- You don't have to have been good at the game to join this RP. Just join, fight, win, lose, whatever. RP is RP. Have fun with it.

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2007, 06:50 AM

Well I'll think about it. I still want to get my other rps a little farther along first.

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2007, 02:33 PM

1. i don't think my character is exactly soul caliber-ish
2. how do we even find pieces of either sword?
3. won't it be hard to do one-on one battles in an rp XD?

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 03-27-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
1. i don't think my character is exactly soul caliber-ish
2. how do we even find pieces of either sword?
3. won't it be hard to do one-on one battles in an rp XD?
1. Does he really have to be Soul Calibur-ish? It's just a character who either finds a piece of metal on the ground and hears a voice in his head telling him to kill people, or doesn't and has to defend himself from being axed.

2. The Soul Edge is everywhere. People carry it around (though they are intelligent, and are waiting for the right person to possess), there are pieces of it on the ground, in the trash, some people sell it, others (rightly) have a bad vibe about it and want to give it away. You either RP yourself getting a piece, or you don't and prepare to defend yourself, should the time come for it. The Soul Calibur however is still in one piece. It's just... hiding itself.

3. No. Not at all. You only need three things for a good RP fight. Common sense, good positioning, and a good description of the attacks being made. That's it.

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2007, 02:45 PM

mmmm well can they have powers before hand? because my character already has wings and is a pyromancer >.>

just a quick doodle of her

---> http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 03-27-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:

just a quick doodle of her

---> http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps

Not if they have common sense. Besides, although they have a rather hive mentality when they're together, the pieces of the sword are still smart enough to pick one person and have him/her/it cut you apart. It adjusts to the situation. If there's a small army ahead, then everyone attacks. One person? One person. Two people? Two people.

And as for powers... in the game, Taki has the ability to cast magic. She was born with it. Ivy has a sword that has a mind of its own, changing shape and form. She made it. Talim has the ability to use the wind in order to dodge attacks. She learned it.

So I wouldn't be too surprised if someone came out with the ability to toss fire. Powers are allowed, but remember- you need a weapon. You can't just go around tossing flames without some kind of alternate means to defend yourself, just in case the fire goes out or doesn't work.

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2007, 03:01 PM

well i definetly have other means of fighting @_@
Mostly fang-and-claw and daggers....
^^;

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 03-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
well i definetly have other means of fighting @_@
Mostly fang-and-claw and daggers....
^^;
Daggers are good. Just be sure that you have a means of blocking the other guy's sword/staff/spear/what have you. Not to mention cutting into someone in response.

Doofus Soda
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-27-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seripha
I'd totally play if it wasn't for the fact that I only ever did one on one battles against friends and won by button mashing.
  • I hate button mashers. D8
    Yea, maybe when I get the chance (I have a gaia account and buried with RPs over there) I'll join. =D

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 03-27-2007, 03:24 PM

Mouuu...

Well, okay then. Thanks for tuning in, Doof.

...Hoo, boy. I'm up too early. I need something to do. Back in like, half an hour or something.

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2007, 03:43 PM

i know, i've fought rp battles before i'm not a complete noob xD

Username: Flaming-Scorpion
Character Name: Sheionti Age: Unknown. She appears to be 16-17 but in demon years she has lost count her age completely
Sex: Female
Race: Half-Demon. Part Phoenix, Dog, Human and Spirit
Birthplace: Country side.
Abilities: Powers: Pyromancer, some healing abilities but she cannot heal herself unless she uses a lot of energy. Erecting barriers (only for short amount of time). Sharp claws, fangs. Strong hearing and smell. High stamina, strength. Her number one weakness is recklessness and useing her energy quickly. Ability to fly.
Birthdate: Long forgotten
Appearance:
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs14/f/200...g_Scorpion.jpg
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs12/i/200...y_vanzvire.png
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs12/f/20...y_aquastar.jpg
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...+age_scale%3A5
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...tibykafine.jpg
Alignment: Neutral, or so she see's herself as. She used to be bloodthirsty so if she was presented with an evil piece of souledge she could be corrupted. However, she was never much of a power seeker
Weapon: Daggers. She uses long bladed daggers for close rang fighting. the blade is as long as the space between the wrist and an elboe. Uses short handled daggers for throwing.
History: Mother was killed as she tried to protect the humans in the village from another demon. Afterwards, the humans chased both sheionti and her brother out of the small village. Shento, her younger brother, was shot in the elboe and the bone shattered. Now he can no longer move his left arm. Sheionti had found a corrupted piece of the sword before hand and she slaughtered the people of the village. She carried the piece with her through most of her past. She was a theif and killed for money. She enjoyed her job and came to be known as 'hisaki' . Preasently, she has disregarded her past completely and is trying to avoid bloodshed (the old rusted peice of blood she still keeps with her, however, she tries not to use it). She has no goal that she knows of, except trying to find a surgeon for her younger brother.
Personality: Strong willed, stubborn, prideful, caring. She hates being pitied or looked down upon for any weakness and is constantly ready to test her skill. She likes helping those in need. Also very devoted but can be lazy. Rebelious. Argumentative. Strong willed, can be cocky and likes to rush into situations without thinking. Secretive and sometimes very solitary but can fit herself into a conversation easily.

should anything be changed?

RovingMercenary
*^_^*

Old 03-27-2007, 05:55 PM

Okay, good. But here's what I saw... note that I have a tendancy to change a few spelling errors, so don't be too angry at me for that.

Quote:
Username: Flaming-Scorpion

Character Name: Sheionti

(Short and sweet.)

Sex: Female

Race: Half-Demon.

(The rest was a bit much. If you wanted to go that far, you should have put all that in your appearance section.)

Birthplace: Country side.

(...Confused. Which country? Japan? Greece? England? Anywhere in the Continental US? Elaborate. Could be any known location in the world, as long as you write it down here.)

Abilities/Powers: Pyromancer, some healing abilities but she cannot heal herself unless she uses a lot of energy. Erecting barriers (only for short amount of time). Sharp claws, fangs. Strong hearing and smell. High stamina, strength. Her number one weakness is recklessness and useing her energy quickly. Ability to fly.

Birthdate: Long forgotten

Appearance:
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs14/f/200...g_Scorpion.jpg
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs12/i/200...y_vanzvire.png
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs12/f/20...y_aquastar.jpg
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...+age_scale%3A5
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...tibykafine.jpg

(See this whole section here? I want you to take one of these pictures, just one, and describe it in detail. Please. Links to pictures show a lack of... what's the word for it... ah, yes. Imagination. You have to visualize the character in your head, and put that visualization in words. Barring that, as stated earlier, get a picture and describe that.)

Alignment: Neutral, or so she sees herself as. She used to be bloodthirsty, so if she was presented with an evil piece of Soul Edge she could be corrupted. However, she was never much of a power seeker.

(This is fine. But there's a contradiction here that is shown later.)

Weapon: Daggers. She uses long bladed daggers for close range fighting. The blade is as long as the space between the wrist and and elbow. Uses short-handled daggers for throwing.

History: Mother was killed as she tried to protect the humans in the village from another demon. Afterwards, the humans chased both Sheionti and her brother out of the small village. Shento, her younger brother, was shot in the elbow and the bone shattered. Now he can no longer move his left arm. Sheionti had found a corrupted piece of the sword and she slaughtered the people of the village. She carried the piece with her through most of her past. She was a theif and killed for money. She enjoyed her job and came to be known as 'hisaki'.

Presently, she has disregarded her past completely and is trying to avoid bloodshed (the old rusted peice of bloody metal she still keeps with her; however, she tries not to use it). She has no goal that she knows of, except trying to find a surgeon for her younger brother.

(Do you see where I'm getting at now? Several contradictions lie here that are shown in the Alignment section. You said that if she were presented with a piece of Soul Edge, she would be easily corrupted. Well... according to this... she already has one. Now, you can say in her Alignment that she has a piece, but has a strong enough will to resist the voice. This balance effectively makes her alignment Neutral. Frankly, that wouldn't be impossible. The sword can be controlled...)

Personality: Strong willed, stubborn, prideful, caring. She hates being pitied or looked down upon for any weakness and is constantly ready to test her skill. She likes helping those in need. Also very devoted but can be lazy. Rebelious. Argumentative. Strong willed, can be cocky and likes to rush into situations without thinking. Secretive and sometimes very solitary but can fit herself into a conversation easily.

(Mmm... good description. Put this same level of quality in a few other places, and it's all good.)
There. Those are the changes that need to be made.

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2007, 06:03 PM

alright will do. but now i'm feeling a little sick and am going to lie down and watch a movie. i'll come back at make the changes when i'm feeling better -glad i checked threads before i did- @_@