Hidari
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Hidari

Old 10-30-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidari
Antacid- I think it's stupid. I'm not an RPer, I just can't get over how silly it is. I can't do it non-sarcastically, so I'm just buying my items, because gold is so easy to come by. D: I also prefer Mene, even though I've been on gaiaonline for YEARS, almost everyone I've met here is friendly. Almost everyone on gaia is nasty to me. D:
Yeah, same. And when people on Gaia aren't nasty, they're just... neutral. They ignore you, or just... aren't friendly. They're not MEAN, just not FRIENDLY.
But everyone here on Mene is so nice goes out of their way to make you feel welcomed. And since the community is so nice, very few people are greedy. On Gaia, it's easy to be greedy and capitalist, because everyone is faceless. I mean, on Gaia, I ripped off TONS of people. Because in the marketplace, you don't have to deal with people. You just put it up, and they buy it. But on Mene, you have to deal with the people, and see them all the time. So you just CAN'T rip them off.
I'd never dream of doing anything like that on Mene. I feel a little guilty hoarding event items as it is.
I'm a freebie artist on Gaia and I can say that the people are horrible. Unless the art is top-quality, they don't want it. Instead of accepting and appreciating everything, they complain if somethings not to par of what they'd buy for like 10k. The artists are just as bad, though! Instead of drawing for free, they draw for tips! WTF?! I mean, god, it just doesn't make sense. I am almost always broke, but I'd NEVER pressure someone to pay me for a service that is supposed to be free. D:<

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-30-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokotheshadowfang
@ Cherry: I have to agree with you there on what you said. However I'm still pretty active on Gaia. I just found so many awesome people there that I can't leave behind.
I had found some nice people in a guild before I unofficially left.
But I just felt so unnoticed there. I recognized everybody, but I only felt like one or two people actually recognized me.
But within just a week of being on Mene, I had a few people who already knew me. And not just in a "Oh yeah, I saw you post in that thread that one time" way. But in a "Ohh! Hey! How are you doing? *asks something related to the last time we spoke*"
Ha. That's another thing. People here actually remember conversations they've had with you in the past. That's nice. ^^

itachiowns - Yeah. Instead of the people winning being these people who are practically "too cool to post", the winners on this site are just normal users.

EDIT: Hidari - Yeah. D: I hate when you get something under the pretense of it being free, and then they're like "TIPS R LUVD. *HINTHINTHINTHINTHINTNUDGEKICKPUNCHMUG*"
I have tipped a few artists on Gaia, (I'm a freebie whore XD), but mostly only ones who really really deserved it. Like one artist, who's art is probably worth about.... durr.... 20-30k or something? Really nice CGing. She drew me for free, so I gave her a 1k tip. But at least she didn't pressure me too. She understood that she was drawing a FREEBIE. Not a TIPPIE. XD

itachiowns
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to itachiowns

Old 10-30-2007, 06:55 PM

lol i agree i am like almost always broke and i kid you not i posted my art ONCE in a thread and you know the pik of the wave done by that asian guy it was like a print whatever i redrew that by hand and then painted it all by hand ((yes not my original but i never said it was)) and they are al like NOT YOUR ART OMFG on like all of my art when HELLO IT IS ART SOMETIMES YOU REDRAW PIKS LOL if you wanna see some of it i would be happy to show u ^___________^ and yeah i dont like how they want tips thats stupid lol

itachiowns
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-30-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
@ Cherry: I have to agree with you there on what you said. However I'm still pretty active on Gaia. I just found so many awesome people there that I can't leave behind.
I had found some nice people in a guild before I unofficially left.
But I just felt so unnoticed there. I recognized everybody, but I only felt like one or two people actually recognized me.
But within just a week of being on Mene, I had a few people who already knew me. And not just in a "Oh yeah, I saw you post in that thread that one time" way. But in a "Ohh! Hey! How are you doing? *asks something related to the last time we spoke*"
Ha. That's another thing. People here actually remember conversations they've had with you in the past. That's nice. ^^

itachiowns - Yeah. Instead of the people winning being these people who are practically "too cool to post", the winners on this site are just normal users.
like you lol hahahahahahah yeah i try to remember like what i talk about with people but honestly i like forget anyways kuz i got memory things lol i m weird but yeah so i will forget things sometimes and then i remember the most random things it is odd lol but whatver lol i love mene everyone is awsome lol do u guys like my avi BTW lol ?

EDIT: LOL A TIPPIE HAHAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE THAT LOL A FREEBIE NOT A TIPPIE HHAHAHA LOL

Hidari
*^_^*

Old 10-30-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachiowns
lol i agree i am like almost always broke and i kid you not i posted my art ONCE in a thread and you know the pik of the wave done by that asian guy it was like a print whatever i redrew that by hand and then painted it all by hand ((yes not my original but i never said it was)) and they are al like NOT YOUR ART OMFG on like all of my art when HELLO IT IS ART SOMETIMES YOU REDRAW PIKS LOL if you wanna see some of it i would be happy to show u ^___________^ and yeah i dont like how they want tips thats stupid lol
Personally, I'm not really fond of traced art, because once someone copied a sketch I had worked really hard on and it didn't feel good. D:

keokotheshadowfang
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-30-2007, 07:00 PM

@ Hidari: I know what you mean. I always tip for art that I get. No matter what. I don't judge on how "good of quality it is" I judge by on the fact that the person gave me art. They took time out of there busy life to make something for ME.

@Cherry: I am a regular in this awesome thread called Redemption the people there are so nice.:3 That's were I hang out most of the time.

itachiowns
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachiowns
Personally, I'm not really fond of traced art, because once someone copied a sketch I had worked really hard on and it didn't feel good. D:
NONONO i didnt trace it i looked at a little pik in a book and i redrew it all by hand lol i dont trace unless i am like doing it on my own work that like i dont want to completly redraw and i use a light table for that lol

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-30-2007, 07:05 PM

Quote:
@ @Cherry: I am a regular in this awesome thread called Redemption the people there are so nice.:3 That's were I hang out most of the time.
Mm, yeah, threads do tend to be smaller than guilds.
What's your name on Gaia?

Hidari
*^_^*

Quote:
@ Hidari: I know what you mean. I always tip for art that I get. No matter what. I don't judge on how "good of quality it is" I judge by on the fact that the person gave me art. They took time out of there busy life to make something for ME.

@Cherry: I am a regular in this awesome thread called Redemption the people there are so nice.:3 That's were I hang out most of the time.
Thank you! Man, I hate the attitude of the people there. Which sucks, because it used to be like Mene there, except faster.

itachiowns- You mean eyeballing? Yeah, most people see it as the same thing as copying because it's not original to you. <__<;

itachiowns
⊙ω⊙

cherry: my name is itachiowns lol send me a PM sayin its u lol and ill add u hahah

zumbie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-30-2007, 07:08 PM

pretty o3o

Username Censored
Grave digger
Send a message via MSN to Username Censored

Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 PM

Bandwagons! What would life be without them?

itachiowns
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you! Man, I hate the attitude of the people there. Which sucks, because it used to be like Mene there, except faster.

itachiowns- You mean eyeballing? Yeah, most people see it as the same thing as copying because it's not original to you. <__<;

here it is and the word in the upper left is my name in japanese lol ((i looked it up and drew it hahaha)) but you see i drew the entire thing then i painted all of it and shaded it using colored pencils and pastels lol i hope u like it

ohhh and this is my originl drawing inspired by this book called the invisable planet with this black and white pik of the planet only and i was like ooo i wanna draw this but beter so i did lol u like it ?

keokotheshadowfang
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-30-2007, 07:11 PM

@ Cherry: same as on menewsha, keokotheshadowfang.
I used to be really big into guilds but they all kind of died.

@ Hidari: I know. I miss the good old days. But oh well :3 at least (more) people are nicer here right? There are still really great people on gaia.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 PM

Hidari - I responded to you on the last page. I just edited it into one of my posts. Just saying, in case you missed it. ^^

Keoko - My name's the same there, too. Just with brackets around it.

Hidari
*^_^*

Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username Censored
Bandwagons! What would life be without them?
Nothing of course! I know my whole life revolves around jumping onto them! XD

Keoko- Yeah, I agree, there are some awesome people here, and if you look hard enough, there are some awesome people on gaia too. They're just harder to find. ^__^;

keokotheshadowfang
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-30-2007, 07:17 PM

@ Cherry: Hmm I'll go look for you!

@ Hidari: Yes. You have to look past all the Narutards.

Username Censored
Grave digger
Send a message via MSN to Username Censored

Old 10-30-2007, 07:17 PM

I want to hop on the bandwagon too. D: But I keep falling off. (my tablet is gone for 8 weeks. xD;; )

Hidari
*^_^*

Old 10-30-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
EDIT: Hidari - Yeah. D: I hate when you get something under the pretense of it being free, and then they're like "TIPS R LUVD. *HINTHINTHINTHINTHINTNUDGEKICKPUNCHMUG*"
I have tipped a few artists on Gaia, (I'm a freebie whore XD), but mostly only ones who really really deserved it. Like one artist, who's art is probably worth about.... durr.... 20-30k or something? Really nice CGing. She drew me for free, so I gave her a 1k tip. But at least she didn't pressure me too. She understood that she was drawing a FREEBIE. Not a TIPPIE. XD[/b][/color]
XDD I never tip, as a personal rule, but I usually draw back people who really gave some effort to it. And I usually don't draw people who send tips first or hint that they have a lot of gold. D:

itachiowns
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-30-2007, 07:18 PM

so do you all like my art lol hahahah i feel ignored but i will live lol i ont mind it i know someone will talk to me just i think all of u already know each other m i right lol i m kinda new still lol

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-30-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
@ Cherry: Hmm I'll go look for you!

@ Hidari: Yes. You have to look past all the Narutards.
Okay. ^^

Hidari - Some of the times I tipped, it was because I felt expected to. But only if I liked the art alot.
And I've only ever drawn a few people, so there was no issue of people saying they'd tip or anything. I was just happy to see my art in someone's signature. ^^
Well, two people actually. Two people I knew put it in their signature. :)

keokotheshadowfang
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-30-2007, 07:27 PM

@ Cherry: I agree with you. I also hate it in charities how they say "Donations will higher your chance of getting something."

What kind of charity is that! Donate to me so you just MIGHT get something.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-30-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
@ Cherry: I agree with you. I also hate it in charities how they say "Donations will higher your chance of getting something."

What kind of charity is that! Donate to me so you just MIGHT get something.
Actually, when you see anything like that, you can report it. It's against Gaia's rules. ^^
That'll teach them for being greedy!

Hidari
*^_^*

Old 10-30-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username Censored
I want to hop on the bandwagon too. D: But I keep falling off. (my tablet is gone for 8 weeks. xD;; )
That's cos I pushed you. D:<

..*kidding* XDD

Antacid- I have a lot of my art in peoples signatures. I've been doing art for a couple of years, and I've had like 4 commission shops. D: I've sold art under the names of Fire glow (my main) and Cillias (my art shop mule)

keokotheshadowfang
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-30-2007, 07:34 PM

@ Cherry: I thought so but I wasn't sure.