SSCeles
*mreow?*
Send a message via AIM to SSCeles Send a message via MSN to SSCeles

Old 11-15-2009, 04:31 AM

Hi!! I've never actually posted in the art sections of the forums before. ^^;

Normally I'm on deviantART doing normal artsy stuff so I don't actively seek critiquing since I've got a style set up and everything, BUT I'm doing something out of my norm, out of my comfort zone.

I'm pixelling.

I've not done this in YEARS. And because I used Menewsha's male base, where better to ask than here, on Menewsha? I don't expect my pixelling to be wham-bam-hey that looks like it'd be cool to really have on this site. But it'd be nice if someone were to think so, or think it was almost up to par. Of course with an 'almost' I'd also like to know what I can improve on.

Like I said, I used the Mene male base. But that is all. Everything else was from scratch.

The character is a friend's OC, Sasuya. For reference as to what the character looks like non-pixel-like, all I can show you is something I drew back in July (mind you, I've only owned a tablet for less than a year and I'm constantly improving my art so this is a little out-dated to me... I need to draw him again, soon).

Anyway, the pixel art -

1 - The sparkly magicky stuff - do you like the black or white more? (From the perspective of Menewsha I'd imagine that if it were a real item you'd both from the same item, yay for choices!)

2 - What do you think I've done the best on clothing-wise? The worst? (I really, really like the boots and jeans, I'm not so fond of the shirt....) If you can try and figure out why you don't like it and you have suggestions for improvement, please tell me! =3

3 - The hair and eyes are both unique so they're just as important, if not more important, than the clothing. I think the eyes are done well enough, but I'm still not sure if I did the best I could possibly do on the hair...? (The smirk is also custom... I didn't like anything default that was already on Menewsha for males... )

Pixelling isn't something I do on a normal basis so if I get some decent feedback I'll be encouraged to do more. >w<!!

Thank you!!

edit: If this absolutely -must- be merged with the sticky on avatar edits, so be it... but I kind of like having my own thread? I suppose it can be called an edit... but all I really did was use the base. I used no currently existing items in reference, I modified/edited nothing. I created from scratch. So I don't consider this an edit? So if mod thinks it needs to be moved I will comply. T_T

Last edited by SSCeles; 11-15-2009 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: asking for clarification

SakuraFei
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-16-2009, 04:58 AM

The darker red shirt with the shiny black pants. If you're on a light background than the black sparkles work best, on a dark background than a light color would work.

The smirk, though, is the best part.

SSCeles
*mreow?*
Send a message via AIM to SSCeles Send a message via MSN to SSCeles

Old 11-16-2009, 07:12 AM

Ironic to me because I personally liked the darker sparkles on the black background and the lighter sparkles on the white background. The shirt and pants are the same all the way around. The only differences are in the sparkles and the background color.

I definitely like the smirk, too. The mouths for men on Mene I think are a little lacking... but I don't know what should be done about it. (I've also noticed there's a 'noses' tab lying around with no options... wonder if they're actually ever planning on doing anything with it. o_o... and if they do I'd hope for a no-nose option.)