Xensas
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-16-2011, 03:49 PM

We're having a leavers party on Tuesday for chemistry and I agreed to make the first 6 elements for out cupcake periodic table of elements.

I sort of want to do something a little different to just plain old vanilla cakes with the elements written on with icing pens so I thought I would ask you guys!

I was ideally thinking of something with maple syrup in but apart from putting some on while they're still hot I can't think of a good way to put it in.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 05-16-2011, 06:00 PM

Do you have to do the first six? Or could you jump around? Either way, you'll have Neon, which should speak for itself 8D

Arkkath
Broseidon, King of the Broceans
Send a message via MSN to Arkkath

Old 05-16-2011, 06:08 PM

Hmm well along with the icing you could maybe have each one a different flavour or have different toppings or things in them.
Chocolate or peanutbutter chips, maybe caramel, sprinkles.
Or even just using food colouring and changing the colour of the cake batter itself.

Razor
Menewsha FOREVER!

Old 05-17-2011, 02:24 AM

Maybe make a cake instead...that way it's easier to shape to the periodic table of elements and gridded? Just a suggestion!

Ashlyn Mae
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2011, 02:40 AM

I'm not up-to-date on the periodic table, but food coloring might work on them along with the symbols/numbers for the elements. Chocolate and peanut butter icing might also work if everything else fails.

Matcha
tea mistress

Old 05-20-2011, 08:12 AM

Maple Carrot Cupcakes Recipe - Allrecipes.com
this one is very good, if you like carrot cake and maple. very good with a cream cheese icing.

Cinnamon Mocha Cupcakes Recipe - Allrecipes.com
this is one of my personal favorites, i prefer to use a light vanilla icing instead of the heavier cream cheese or chocolate you could also go with.

Green-Tea Cupcakes Recipe - Allrecipes.com
this one is freakin amazing if you love matcha like me. i leave out the almond and add just a touch more vanilla and a little more matcha powder instead and make a light lemon and honey glaze to go on top.

if none of these suit your fancy, allrecipes.com is an amazing site for more ideas :D

Xensas
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matcha View Post
Maple Carrot Cupcakes Recipe - Allrecipes.com
this one is very good, if you like carrot cake and maple. very good with a cream cheese icing.

Cinnamon Mocha Cupcakes Recipe - Allrecipes.com
this is one of my personal favorites, i prefer to use a light vanilla icing instead of the heavier cream cheese or chocolate you could also go with.

Green-Tea Cupcakes Recipe - Allrecipes.com
this one is freakin amazing if you love matcha like me. i leave out the almond and add just a touch more vanilla and a little more matcha powder instead and make a light lemon and honey glaze to go on top.

if none of these suit your fancy, allrecipes.com is an amazing site for more ideas :D

Thank you! It was this sort of thing I was looking for not really different flavours for an element as I simply need to write the element on.

Any more suggestions? :D

LightDarkJes

Old 05-21-2011, 07:09 AM

carrot is good, so is red velvet (that's probably been mentioned already), get cream cheese frosting because that stuff is the bomb!

Xensas
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-23-2011, 06:44 PM

I went for plain cupcakes but with almond and vanilla essence. Still debating if I want to use buttercream of form for the middle keeping in mind i need to write on the top of them. Ideas?

Dillo
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-23-2011, 10:21 PM

Make rainbow cupcakes! THERE SO SICK.

Miss Eevee
♡sweet lolita ~

Old 05-27-2011, 06:36 AM

not sure how they'd fit in for the periodic table, but i've made some interesting cupcakes in my time;

★maple, walnut & pistachio.
★pumpkin spice.
★cinnamon & orange zest.
★key lime & white chocolate.
★ground almond + sour cream & dark chocolate frosting.

(damn, i just noticed that you already made them! oh well, perhaps these will be inspiring for another time? ^^; i hope your cupcakes went down a storm!)

Changling Death Wish
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-27-2011, 06:46 AM

To put maple in just pour some mix into the holders but only a lill. the a strip of maple. keep layering it up? that way instead of whole thing being maple its vanilla and maple