Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-01-2008, 10:50 PM

This story is the sequel to a previous story, Stasis. It is a Danny Phantom crossover with House, MD that I worte as a favor for a friend. The story was so popular people wanted a sequel.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-01-2008, 10:52 PM

House call – prologue

In a cold, desolate region of the ghost zone, far away from any homes or prying eyes, two ghosts huddled in what seemed to be a make-shift science lab. Beakers and sheets of data were strewn about, and several machines blinked quietly away in the corner. The two ghosts didn’t seem to notice any of this, as they both looked intently at a beaker full of boiling purple liquid.

“After nearly a month, we’re finally finished!” The ghost on the right said, an evil grin spreading across his face. “Soon we will be rid of those three half-ghosts for good. Something no other ghost has been able to do,” He grinned even wider, seeming to imagine a world without half-ghosts.

The ghost standing next to him frowned. “They’re far too powerful in my opinion. They have the ability to rally both ghosts and humans behind them, something no one else has ever been, or ever will be able to do. They’re too much of a risk.”

The first ghosts nodded, looking at the beaker. Seeming to detect a slight shift, he announced, “It’s finally done.” He quickly turned off the Bunsen Burner and carefully removed the beaker with tongs that were sitting nearby.

“Be careful not to spill any of that,” The second ghost reminded him, getting frustrated when the other shrugged, seeming unconcerned. “That affects full ghosts as well, and you know that one drop of that can start an epidemic!”

The first ghost chose to ignore his warnings. He set the beaker down on a lab table, putting a stopper in the top of the bottle. He leaned down and looked at the substance they had created with a grin. “They next time those two halfas are fighting, we’ll make our move.”

“Wait,” The second ghost said, a grin appearing on his face as well. “I have a better idea.”

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-01-2008, 10:52 PM

FentonWorks

“Don’t forget you essay for English!” Maddie Fenton shouted as her son walked toward the doorway, leaving the four-page paper on the counter. He had waked abut halfway to the door, and was about to fly off to school.

This situation was actually quite normal in the life of Danny Fenton, resident of Amity Park, student at Casper High School, and full time ghost-fighter. More than a year and a half ago (it was December now) he’d gotten into an accident with a ghost portal that changed his life forever, turning him into a half ghost. He chose to use his powers to fight off the ghosts that invaded the city nearly every day, and his grades showed it.

“Thanks,” the black-haired teen said, running back and taking the finished essay from Maddie’s hands. “Mr. Lancer would’ve killed me if I’d forgotten this. I actually managed to finish an assignment on time,” Danny laughed. He’d probably asked for more extensions on assignments than anyone else in the grade, and he knew it.

Maddie agreed, chuckling slightly. “Just get to school before you get into trouble for being late, and remember to thank you’re sister for helping you with you’re essays,” she chastised as she looked at her watch.

“See ya!” Danny said as he stepped back a few steps. Suddenly, two rings of white light surrounded him, and a second later he was his white-haired, green-eyed alter ego Danny Phantom. Without glancing back, he took off toward Casper high. As he flew, he silently hoped that Valerie Grey had decided to take the bus, and was to busy to either notice or try and hunt him down on the way to school.

Besides that, Danny’s life had definitely taken a turn for the better after he had been hospitalized for nearly a month over the summer. The doctor who’d treated him, Gregory House, has discovered his secret identity, but thankfully he and the four other doctors who knew had kept it to themselves.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-01-2008, 10:53 PM

His parents were more overprotective than ever, now that they knew he was a half ghost. They worried constantly, but knew deep down that he could protect himself better than they ever could. Even with that to account for, it was good to not have to lie and sneak around anymore, worried about what there reaction would be when they found out. Granted, they did test out some of their inventions on him, but nothing that hurt.

Landing behind a clump of bushes near Casper High, Danny transformed back into his human self. He got the inexplicable feeling that he was being watched, and quickly looked around. There were no students, teachers, or anyone else in sight, and he knew that if a ghost were around, his ghost sense would’ve gone off. After a minute, he chalked it up to paranoia, and set off toward the school.

He made his way through the overcrowded halls, heading toward his first-period math class. ‘Of course my worst subject would have to be first thing in the morning,’ he thought with a sigh. It was times like this he believed the universe truly held a grudge against him. On good thing about having scientist parents though, they could check over all his science and math homework, while Jazz took care of the rest. He chuckled as he realized that keeping his grades above an F seemed to have become a family project.

“Hey Danny,” Sam said as he sat down next to her. She then said in a much quieter voice, so that no one else could hear, “How are you doing after that fight with Skulker? You were hurt pretty bad.”

Danny shrugged. “They were mostly superficial wounds, really, and you know how fast I heal,” he said in what he hoped was a reassuring tone. She didn’t seem to buy it, but eventually decided to let it go for now.

As the math teacher started the lecture, Danny drifted into thought. It seemed that for once, his life was actually looking up. The ghosts seemed to have gotten the hint to leave him alone, as there had been less and less fights the past few weeks, his parents cared for him, and his grades were actually at a steady C+.

He should’ve known it was too good to last.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-01-2008, 10:53 PM

Ghost Zone

“Well, where is she?” The ghost threatened, nearly choking a scared-looking Box Ghost, “Where is the girl that looks like phantom?”

Nervously, the Box Ghost pointed toward a run-down building about a half mile away. He usually managed to get information no one else could, because nobody recognized him as a threat. That was particularly what the ghosts had hired him to find the location of Danielle Phantom.

“Here, enjoy,” the ghost said, tossing the Box Ghost a wad of cash and a shoebox. As the Box Ghost took off into the distance, he turned to the other ghost that had worked with him on the project, and they headed toward the building.

They quietly flew through the door, and found her sleeping peacefully on a couch in the run-down living room. It was the best she could do, since she didn’t work like most ghosts did. Ember hosted concerts, Technus built technology for other ghosts, and even the Box Ghost worked cleaning up junk, packed in boxes of course.

The second ghost smirked as he took out a syringe full of the substance they had been working on for weeks. He carefully injected the substance into her arm. Before she even had a chance to react to having a needle stuck in her arm, he placed a helmet on her head and she went back to sleep.

“Give it an hour to work. That’s how long it took with all our other experiments,” The first ghost said. “Then we’ll go on with the plan.”

The response of the second ghost was cut off as Danielle started coughing.

“Maybe less,” the second ghost smirked.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-01-2008, 10:54 PM

FentonWorks

Danny tossed his backpack onto the chair after he laded in the living room. His biology homework, half-completed from study hall, was the last thing he wanted to do. Nevertheless, he sat down on the couch and pulled the books he needed from his backpack, setting them on the coffee table. He couldn’t count on having time later, so he always started his homework early.

He sighed as he looked at the other assignment they had gotten in biology that day. “Final Project, due at the end of the year. You will be assigned to study a current topic in biology to study and give a report on it on the last day of classes.” Danny read out loud. He then flipped the page and looked at what he had been assigned – Research in the field of genetic engineering and manipulation.

He snorted as he thought of what those scientists would give to study his DNA. Setting aside the assignment, he got to work on the simple worksheet that was due the next day.

After a few minutes, Jazz walked through the door, carrying several thick psychology textbooks under her arm. “Start you’re homework?” she asked.

“Yes, Jazz,” Danny answered, trying to keep his annoyance from showing. He knew the only reason Jazz asked was because she wanted him to do well.

“I wanted to ask, what were you doing flying over the park?” She said as she got a glass of juice from the kitchen and sat beside him.

At that, Danny looked up from his homework, a confused expression on his face. “What do you mean? I wasn’t anywhere near the park today,” He said.

“Well it certainly looked like you from where I was. Who else flies around in a black and while suit with white hair? They did seem pretty short though,” She admitted.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-01-2008, 10:55 PM

It took a second for Danny to realize who she saw. “Danni,” He said.

“You mean you?” Jazz asked, not understanding.

“No, Danielle,” Danny responded, standing up and forgetting all about his biology homework. “I wonder what she’s doing in Amity Park?”

Vlad’s home

DING-DONG

The loud doorbell echoed across the house of Amity Park’s Mayor, Vlad Masters.

“Who do you think that is, Maddie?” Vlad asked the cat sitting next to him, and patted her head. He got up and walked over to the door.

It opened up to reveal none other than Danielle Fenton, nearly doubled over and coughing violently. She looked terrible, and leaned against the door for support.

“Danielle!” Vlad shouted, shocked to see her, “What are you doing here? I thought you wanted nothing to do with me and-” but he stopped.

She’d passed out cold right before trying to give an answer.

__________________________________________________ ____

END OF CHAPTER 1

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-01-2008, 10:56 PM

House call – Chapter 2 –

The two ghosts watched as Vlad helped Danni through the door. They stayed carefully hidden in the shadows, and both had identical evil grins on their faces. Getting Danielle to go to Vlad had not been easy. In the end they’d had to bring her to the mansion themselves.

“Things are going smoothly. Though I didn’t expect her to hate the elder half-ghost so much,” one of the ghosts said.

The other ghost frowned, “Then you obviously haven’t been looking through all the research I’ve done on their habits and histories. Both of the younger half-ghosts hate Vlad, though I have yet to understand why.”

The first ghost scowled, “You’d think that since there are only three of them in existence, they’d stick together.”

“I’m not even going to try and imagine how their minds work. Another two weeks and we won’t have to worry about them anymore,” The second ghost responded.

“Are you sure that the third half-ghost will come and help them?”

The second ghost nodded. “I’ve studied their personalities carefully. Once those two realize that they can’t cure the disease on their own, they’ll call Danny Phantom for help. It’s inevitable, and when he does finally come and help them, all it will take is a minute in the same room as either one of them, and he’ll be sick as well.”

“How are you sure he’ll come?” The first ghost asked.

“He cares far too much to ever let someone suffer unjustly or unnecessarily, even if it is his worst enemy.”

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-04-2008, 08:25 PM

Vlad’s Mansion

Danielle opened her eyes, and found herself on a comfortable couch, with a warm blanket over her, and an icepack on her forehead. Looking at a strand of hair hanging in her eyes, she realized that she had gone back to her human form. After a severe coughing fit, she turned to look at her surroundings. She was obviously in someone’s living room, as she found a TV, several sofas, and an expensive-looking stereo system nearby. It was decorated in a with a green-and-gold color scheme.

Her attention was diverted by a cough coming from the doorway. She turned around suddenly to see Vlad standing there, holding a tray with chicken soup and cough medicine on it. ‘Probably poisoned,’ she though bitterly, narrowing her eyes into a dangerous glare. “What am I doing here? Who were those two ghosts that you sent to capture me. I want answers, Vlad.” She said in a dangerous tone of voice. After being stabilized, she had gained a lot of confidence, but she didn’t think she could ever fully stand up to Vlad.

Vlad, for what in Danielle’s opinion was the first time ever, looked speechless at her outburst. Frowning, he said, “Excuse me missy, but you were the one who showed up at my doorstep, in the middle of a packers game no less, and passed out without giving me any explanation as to why you were there or how you got in that condition. I’m not accustomed to waiting on teenagers who can’t take care of themselves! You’ve been out for nearly an hour, and I believe you owe me an explanation!” He yelled. A second later he coughed into a handkerchief that he held.

“You’re telling me that you had nothing to do with a plot where two ghosts show up at the place where I live and drag me to your house?” Danni said. “And you expect me to believe it. Sorry, but I’m not nearly that naïve. After dealing with you, I learned not to be.”

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-04-2008, 08:26 PM

“Fine, don’t believe me! Just tell me what illness you have so I can cure it!” Vlad shouted, loosing patience. Even if he did want her to be his daughter, she could be infuriatingly stubborn.

“Why do you need to know?” She asked.

“Because about a minute after you came in, I started coughing as well. I tried diagnosing myself, but all the tests have come back negative. What do you have?
Whatever it is, it’s obviously airborne and very contagious.”

“And how do I know you’re not lying, making it look like you’re not part of the plan?” Danielle asked.

“Trust me, if I was the one behind this, I wouldn’t pretend to have the illness. I would pretend to have the cure so that you would be forced to sign papers that make me your guardian. I actually need your cooperation in helping me find a cure for this, so I’m forgoing all the usual mind games.” Vlad said, scowling.

“How thoughtful,” Danni scowled. “Fine, for now let’s just say that I believe you’re ill too. What next?” She asked. Vlad still made her scared out of her wits, but she now noticed that he looked as miserable as she felt.

“I’m trying to figure out what it is you have in my lab,” Vlad said, “But diseases are not my specialty. All I can tell you is that it doesn’t affect full humans, as it only reacts to ectoplasm.”

“You should call the Fentons,” She suggested, completely ignoring the look of hatred that passed over his face as she mentioned the name. It was a test to see if he truly wasn’t behind this whole plot. If he was willing to work with the person he hated most in the world, then he truly was ill as well. “They can help us and you know it,” She continued. “They managed to cure you the last time you were sick, didn’t they?”

Vlad scowled at the memory, but he couldn’t deny that she was right. If anyone could help him get better, it was Jack and Maddie. “You’re right. I guess I’ll just have to deal with Jack’s idiocy some more. ”With that, he picked up the phone and dialed the number to the Fenton household.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-04-2008, 08:27 PM

FentonWorks

“Hello?” Danny said, picking up the phone after putting down his math homework that he had just finished for the day.

“Daniel, how nice to speak to you again,” Vlad’s voice came over the line. “It’s been a while. How’s you’re family doing? Jack still an idiot?”

“Go bother someone else, or talk to your cat. I’m hanging up now,” Danny said with a scowl, ready to hang up the phone. Talking to Vlad was enough to put anyone in a bad mood.

“Wait!” Vlad shouted. Danny would have hung up anyway, but the amount of desperation in Vlad’s voice made Danny reconsider.

“What do you want, Plasmius?” Danny asked, resigning himself to the fact that he would have to talk to Vlad. If he needed to talk to Danny or any of the other Fentons so desperately, then perhaps whatever it was would give Danny a bargaining chip against the billionaire.

“Danielle is here,” Vlad started out, knowing that that would get Danny’s attention more than anything else he had to say.

“What did you do?” Danny asked.

“Actually, I did nothing. She’s extremely sick, and getting worse by the minute. I can’t seem to find a cure, but I was hoping that you’re parents could. They found a cure last time, so I’m forced to ask you and you parents to help,” He finished.

Danny paused for a few moments. Something was definitely off here. How did he know that Danielle was really over there? Vlad’s house was the last place on earth or the ghost zone that Danni would go to willingly. Even if she was there, it had to be a trap.

“How do I know that this isn’t some sort of trap?” Danny asked. “I want to talk to Danielle, and I want you out of the room when I do.”

“Whatever it takes for you to get your parents to help. Go right ahead,” Vlad said, tossing the phone to Danni and leaving the room, slamming the door loudly.

“Danny, he’s telling the truth for once. I was in the ghost zone, and two ghosts caught me while I was sleeping. After I woke up they dragged me here. I think they’re the ones who made me sick, but I know that Vlad’s not behind it. I’ve been feeling sicker and sicker over the past hour. We need you’re parents to help find out what’s wrong with me,” Danni finished.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-04-2008, 08:28 PM

“And you believe that? You know how Vlad works, they’re probably working for him, and he’s just trying to make himself look like the good guy.”

“They’re not working for him,” she responded.

“How can you be so sure?” Danny asked.

“Because whatever I have, Vlad caught about thirty seconds after I came in the door. He’s been getting sicker and sicker over the past hour too,” Danni answered.

“Crud,” Danny sighed. “I trust you’re judgment Danni, so if you believe him then I guess I have to believe him. Alright, let me talk to him again,” He said.

Danielle shouted for a butler to go find Vlad, and within a minute he was back in the room and she handed him the phone. “This had better not be one of you’re schemes,” She threatened.

“So you’ll help us?” Vlad asked, ignoring Danielle’s threat.

“I don’t have a choice. I don’t trust you any further than I can throw a building, and I definitely don’t trust you at my house or near my parents. Me and Jazz will come and collect whatever the need to start testing.

“Speaking of your parents, I heard that they know you are half-ghost now. Did you tell Maddie that I’m…?”

“I told them you were Plasmius and about all your stunts. Everyone whose opinion I care about knows about me being half-ghost and has accepted me, so I don’t need to keep your secret from them anymore.” He didn’t give Vlad the chance to respond as he hung up the phone.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-04-2008, 08:29 PM

Later That Day

“And that’s how you properly store all of the samples,” Maddie said, putting away the last syringe into the kit and handing it over to Jazz. It had everything that they would need to the samples that Jack and Maddie would need to test.

“Don’t worry, I’ll remember,” Jazz said, walking out to her car and putting the kit in the back seat. Over the summer, Jazz had volunteered to help out as a psychiatrist in
the local hospital. She had also gotten some medical training from the nurses and doctors there. She helped Danny patch up wounds so frequently; she figured it was worth it to learn how to use medical supplies properly.

After one last lecture on safety protocol when handling needles, both the teens
left for Vlad’s mansion.

“Do they even know who they are going to be treating?” Jazz asked, looking over
at Danny as they both stepped into the car.

“They know they are treating Vlad and another half-ghost. I didn’t fell like
explaining the whole clone thing just yet,” Danny answered honestly.

“I still don’t get why we’re helping Vlad, but I trust you’re judgment when we’re
dealing with him,” Jazz said. After that, they drove quickly to Vlad’s house in the center of town. Getting out of the car, Jazz rang the doorbell.

A few seconds later, a butler opened the door with an annoyed look on his face.
“What do you children want?” he asked.

“Tell Vlad that Danny and Jazz are here to see him,” Jazz said, being polite to
him dispute the fact that he obviously didn’t want to deal with them.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-04-2008, 08:30 PM

“He’s waiting for you inside,” the butler said. He turning and walking toward the
main living room, and the two teens followed. When they had arrived, the butler threw
open the doors to the room. Both Danni and Vlad were inside, looking more miserable
and sick than Danny had ever seen them.

Any doubt that Danny and Jazz and had that Vlad wasn’t really ill vanished in an
instant. Both of them needed help, and immediately. Over the next few minutes Jazz
took all the samples that Maddie had requested, and took notes on their symptoms.
Meanwhile, Danny was talking to his clone about the ghosts that had attacked her.

“What did they look like? Do you remember?” he asked.

“They were identical, I remember that. They had blue skin and black hair, and
were wearing lab coats and had glasses. One of them had a pouch at his side, but that
was the only difference between them,” she explained.

“And you didn’t get their names?” se asked

“No, sorry,’ Danni responded.

“It’s alright. I’ll ask around the ghost zone and see if I can find them,” Danny
said. “Just make sure to get lots of rest, and don’t worry. You’ll get better.”

“Alright, I’m done. Let’s get going,” Jazz said as she packed the last of the
vials into the kit her mother had given them.

“We’ll be back soon with the results,” Danny said, sending Danielle a reassuring
smile, and glaring at Vlad.

“I’m just glad that I’m stabilized,” Danni said, “Or else this would be a lot more
difficult.”

Danny nodded, then coughed.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-04-2008, 08:30 PM

“Looks like you caught whatever it is we have too, Daniel,” Vlad said, noticing
Danny’s frightened look.

“Come on Danny, the sooner we get these samples back to Mom and Dad the
sooner we can sure all three of you,” Jazz said, looking sympathetically at her younger
brother.

FentonWorks

“I’ve never seen anything like this before, it’s a completely new disease that
doesn’t fit any know category!” Maddie said, clearly excited at this new discovery.

“Is it ecto-based?” Danny asked.

“Possibly, all I know is that it only feeds off of ectoplasm,” Jack answered

“This is way beyond our expertise, even with its ghostly nature,” Maddie
admitted. “We don’t have nearly the experience in diagnosis that figuring this out
would require.”

“Well, do we know anyone that can help her?” Jazz asked.

“Looks like I’m going to have to call Dr. House,” Danny said, coughing.

Outside

The two ghostly scientists were hidden among the trees outside of FentonWorks, furiously flipping through charts.

“This can’t be right. According to all of our experiments, he should have shown symptoms much sooner than he had,” one of the ghosts said.

“The other two half-ghosts got sick after about a minute, he lasted nearly half an hour before becoming ill. Nothing can account for it,” The second ghost confirmed. “I thought that you had observed them carefully?”

“Apparently I didn’t research them thoroughly enough. Mark my words, I will get to the bottom of this and find out what makes him different from the other two.”

END OF CHAPTER 2