Dead Account Holder

Old 06-11-2008, 08:44 PM

Author: The-Shadow-Girl
Title: Fever
Pairing: Phoenix Edgeworth
Slash: Implied
Rating: PG 13

Fever

Edgeworth groaned as his head made contact with the cooler part of the pillow. Sweat beading down his forehead. He raised his hand to his head weakly and gripped his own hair tight, trying to force some kind of reaction from it.
Phoenix ran his hand down Edgeworth's face.
He had seen Edgeworth flushed before, no doubt, but never by a fever.
Edgeworth had been ill that morning, he had woken up, ate breakfast, thrown it back up, dosed up on cold killer X, drove to work, prosecuted as best as he good then passed out cold in the box.
Phoenix had been called to collect him and take him home. Phoenix, had taken him home alright. Straight to his own flat, being nearer in the taxi. He had put him to bed straight away and at once had been playing: Catch the sick.
Finally, at 8pm this evening, Edgeworth had rested his head down into the pillows, having emptied his stomach of breakfast and what looked like last nights dinner, and was now writhing restlessly in the white sheets of Phoenix's bed.
Edgeworth was running a very high temperature, and was complaining of a sore throat and headache.
Phoenix had sent Maya to the local pharmacy to get pain killers and flu remedies, but nothing as yet seemed to be working.
Phoenix was at the end of his ideas list and was now sitting beside his lover as the low light of the lamp with a grey t-shirt over it illuminated the room enough for him to monitor his condition.
Edgeworth rolled his head to the side and opened his sticky weak looking eyes to take in Phoenix's condition. Weak and delirious with fever he smiled at Phoenix and murmured.
“...Nick...You look like Sonic.”
Phoenix looked in the mirror to see his hair was now standing on all manner of vertical spikes. He had been tugging on it all day.
“...Yeah...well you look like shit.” smiled Phoenix, stroking his forehead.
“...Nick...?”
“Yeah...?” Asked Phoenix, his hand hovering over to the bucket.
“...Can I tell you two things, I might otherwise, be too afraid to say...?” he asked weakly.
“...Of course.” Phoenix nodded, wiping his head. “Shoot.”
“...firstly...” wheezed Edgeworth. “...i'm only saying this through fear of dying of some absurd unheard of disease...”
“Yeah.”
“...and second...its time you knew Wright...” Wheezed Edgeworth as he closed his eyes, beads of sweat bleeding into his eyes.
“...Yes?” Phoenix asked, wiping them away.
“...I miss my dad...” he whimpered. “...I really want him here now.”
Phoenix nodded and stroked his partners hair. “I know you do. Its okay to miss him...”
Edgeworth swallowed hard a few times. Phoenix grabbed the bucket just in case.
“...and...this comes hard to me Wright...” he panted. “...may I have a glass of water...?”
Phoenix reached for the glass beside them and poured some water into it before gently lifting Edgeworth's head with the crook of his arm, the sweat blotting his sleeve. He guided the glass to Miles' pale lips and allowed him to sip at it weakly before turning his head, refusing more.
Phoenix put it back and wiped his lips.
“...Secondly...Wright...” he weakly began, reaching for his face.
Phoenix neared in, so near he could smell the staleness of vomit on his breath.
“...Wright...” he began again.
“...Yeah...”
“...I love you...”
Phoenix smiled weakly and kissed his lovers nose before stroking his hair back.
“...Tell me when you feel better...” he smiled and sat up again.
Edgeworth weakly rolled his head the other way and let the drowsy headache take him again.
Phoenix sat back and smiled, even if Edgeworth was delirious, this was still nice to know he had the words inside him.
After a very rough night, full of night sweats, and nightmares where Edgeworth called out for his father over and over, struggled against his blankets and cried he was afraid of the dark, he finally fell asleep at 4 am.
Phoenix leaned in close to his ear and smiled, tucking stray hairs behind it and said softly.
“...I love you too.” before resting his head next to Edgeworth's and stroking his skin gently as he too dropped off to sleep.

“Get up Wright.” began an oddly shaky voice that was stern, but somehow kind at the same time. Phoenix blinked a few times, and sat up, noticing the crick in his neck for the first time, reminding himself not to lie in that position again.
Edgeworth was stood up, his flushed face now pale again, his hair greasy, but straight, and his symptoms, miraculously, gone.
“...What the...?” asked Phoenix.
“...24 hour vomiting bug. Its been going through the department all week. Now, I need to go home, and get a new suit ready, can't turn up in that...” he began decisively as he wrapped his lovers dressing gown.
“You're going to work?” Phoenix asked, letting his jaw drop.
“...No. I'm going to take you to the park.”
“...Is that sarcasm?” he asked dully.
“...Is that pessimism?” asked Edgeworth playfully as he leaned in to Phoenix and kissed his forehead. “...and incidently...Wright. I love you.”
Phoenix smiled as Edgeworth stroked Phoenix's hair and left the room to shower.
A day in the park...sounded ideal. Shame he felt like he was about to throw up...