xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 11-05-2015, 11:12 AM

erm... I like NaNo threads so I can terrorize people while they struggling their NaNo. XD >D

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 11:38 AM

I'm behind too, I hardly wrote anything yesterday and it's looking to be just as bad today.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 11-05-2015, 12:06 PM

Actually my first NaNo, I also didn't do much words during event. XD yet I manage to achieve the target.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 05:21 PM

My first nano, I didn't even know it existed until basically a week in. I wrote a lot getting caught up.

Ya know, I somehow got ahead yesterday even though I felt awful and I was getting sick and I was so behind. I already passed my level of 'doneness' for the night so it was easy to just keep going.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-05-2015, 08:46 PM

Congrats on getting ahead, Kat! Before I really knew what NaNo was, I thought it was just a widget or something that some people were fascinated with, since people were using all sorts of widgets to keep track of their wordcount. My first NaNo was how I knew I was a writer. I wrote a complete story and made goal. It was pretty bad, but I haven't turned back since.

Speaking of wordcount, I'm very VERY behind this week. A lot of bad stuff happened in quick succession that it was really hard to concentrate. It's still the beginning month, though, so I think I can catch up. I have to admit, though, I haven't had my attempts at writing thwarted so quickly in November. >w> Anyone else have strange and immediate writing obstacles this early this year?

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 09:56 PM

Not so far, beyond menewsha entries (I've been working on the cooking/baking contest today) and work...well and my own laziness. My first NaNo I got behind towards the end of the month because of getting depressed over a friend of the family getting fired. But I still made 50.000k. Last year was my first year working 25-30 hrs and doing NaNo I procrastinated a lot (I told myself I'd just write big amounts on my day off...pfft) and only wrote like 6-8k...it was a bad NaNo year. I'm doing okay this year but I've been so busy today I haven't written a thing...

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-05-2015, 10:12 PM

Don't worry about it too much, I haven't written a lot either. Life happens, you know? My mom was in the hospital recently, so I know how that goes. I usually have at least a few days where I don't write anything at all. It's not something to stress about. Stress can kill off motivation really quick. >w> The cooking/baking contest sounds like fun, though! I don't think that really counts as being lazy, though. Cooking can be really difficult.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 10:22 PM

I'm definitely sick so that will put a damper on my writing but at least for this week, my hours have lessened. It's nice to work under 30hrs for once (barely). I've been working close to 40 lately and my writing has suffered a lot.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 10:25 PM

My Mom has been dealing with kidney issues since may, shes weak and tired all the time, they can't keep her hemoglobin up, she went to the hospital to get a blood transfusion yesterday.... Hopefully you mother is doing alright now? o.o

I'm trying hard to write 1600-2000 words a day I don't want to repeat last years failure lol It's easier for me if I can stockpile some
words in case I feel like taking a day off or need a break come thanksgiving If I fall behind now I might lose my "word cushion

the cooking contest is fun but so much work lol

---------- Post added 11-05-2015 at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
I'm definitely sick so that will put a damper on my writing but at least for this week, my hours have lessened. It's nice to work under 30hrs for once (barely). I've been working close to 40 lately and my writing has suffered a lot.
Aw hope you feel better D:

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-05-2015, 10:46 PM

She's home, but we still don't really know what's going on. She's stable and we have a hunch, but they need to run more tests. Her heart rate and blood pressure has gone down from where it was, which is good, so at least she's more comfortable right now. She's not in danger of dying right now, but she had me pretty scared yesterday.

Kidney issues are rough. I hope your mom gets better, or at least more comfortable, soon. o.o

I know what you mean about the word buffer! Usually I try to write a lot in the first week to build up a buffer for when bad days happen and I can't write anything for whatever reason. Thanksgiving's usually when I wind up trying to play catch-up since I'm usually off from school (or generally don't have homework to deal with on top of it). It feels weird not having that right now. At least I know where my plot's going, though. >w> I can write a lot so long as I know what to write.

Yep, which is why I commend you for taking part in it. I thought about participating, too, but I'm not much of a chef. ^^;

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 11-05-2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADFND View Post
She's home, but we still don't really know what's going on. She's stable and we have a hunch, but they need to run more tests. Her heart rate and blood pressure has gone down from where it was, which is good, so at least she's more comfortable right now. She's not in danger of dying right now, but she had me pretty scared yesterday.

Kidney issues are rough. I hope your mom gets better, or at least more comfortable, soon. o.o

I know what you mean about the word buffer! Usually I try to write a lot in the first week to build up a buffer for when bad days happen and I can't write anything for whatever reason. Thanksgiving's usually when I wind up trying to play catch-up since I'm usually off from school (or generally don't have homework to deal with on top of it). It feels weird not having that right now. At least I know where my plot's going, though. >w> I can write a lot so long as I know what to write.

Yep, which is why I commend you for taking part in it. I thought about participating, too, but I'm not much of a chef. ^^;
Well, that's good. Hopefully, they'll figure it out o.o

My main plot point for mine is: everyone dies XD I don't usually do those kind of stories but it just feels idk, like it needs to be written lol

Yeah I'm almost tempted to start writing just to take a brek from it lol but I still want to do a savory dish, and there is only 2 hours left of the event.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-05-2015, 11:35 PM

Yeah. The docs actually seem to care this time, so I think we're on the right track.

Sounds really cathartic, to be honest. If you feel it needs to be written then it definitely needs to be written. :) The plot of mine revolves around my main character going through hell. I think it's a sign you're an author if you're willing to put your characters through hell.

Yeah, it feels like a time crunch. >w> I'm going to be kinda sad when it's over. Good luck with your dish! :)

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 11-06-2015, 12:35 AM

Yeah my Mom recently had to get a new PCP (primary care doc) because the other one never wanted to do anything...some docs really suck lol

I made some killer squid and some bats (hot dogs in ketchup and grilled cheese bats lol) I'm very strange.