Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 02-24-2008, 03:48 AM

A lot of users have expressed concern in regards to our current username change request system. We've listened and debated for well over a week, and after careful evaluation, we introduce the new changes to you.

Users will now be able to change their username for whatever reason they desire so long as they fall under the following criteria:

- user (mule account included) agrees to pay 1000 gold for their first name change, and 500 additional gold for each change thereafter (i.e. #1 is 1000 gold, #2 is 1500 gold and so on...)

Previously banned users and users with official warnings on their accounts will be looked at on a case-by-case basis. Never hesitate to PM a CM with any questions.

There are circumstances where a user can change their name free of charge. Minimal changes such as typos, spaces, symbols, hyphens and other similar errors are acceptable reasons. If you feel you are being stalked or harrassed because of your user name, PM a Community Manager with your case. If no Community Managers are online, PM an Assistant Administrator.

The actual name change process will be handled in the same way as before. PM an online Community Manager (or Assistant Administrator, again, if no CMs are online) stating what you need and we'll assist you accordingly! :)

Note: Users who have had name changes in the past need not worry. This post reflects name changes from here on out.

Rasengan
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-24-2008, 03:56 AM

This is awesome. Need to save up more gold.

Arie
:D

Old 02-24-2008, 04:05 AM

Wow, that's expensive o_o"

Foxxi
is a kickass Fox

Old 02-24-2008, 04:05 AM

Aww neat idea!Expensive,but neat!xD

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 02-24-2008, 04:12 AM

It's expensive, but I guess the point is to discourage it, limit name changing, which willl make users more thoughful in choosing.
But it's great to know that if you feel the need, and have the gold, you can change your username.
^ ____ ^

I don't like my mule's name, but not enough to change it now.
x' D

Smellerbee
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-24-2008, 04:15 AM

This is a godsend! Very nice.

butterscotch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-24-2008, 04:16 AM

...I'm kind of confused about the no-warnings rule. What was the reasoning behind that?

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to AvengedxxAngel Send a message via MSN to AvengedxxAngel

Old 02-24-2008, 04:21 AM

I think its cool that this has been added; but I agree with everyone else, it does seem a bit expensive >.<
<333

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 02-24-2008, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fevertofuture
...I'm kind of confused about the no-warnings rule. What was the reasoning behind that?
It's in hopes of reducing troubles between users. If someone were warned for attempting to scam other members, for example, they might feel that they could get away with it if they had a name change. (i.e. "No one will know me now, so I'll try again.")

--

On a side note to everyone, Popcorn Gun pretty much has it nailed as to why the name change is expensive. :)

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-24-2008, 04:31 AM

lol! And I was just going to PM one of you this morning to get my name changed. Oh well. I will save up the gold to do it then. Thanks for an easier system. <333333

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-24-2008, 04:32 AM

Fantastic idea. :)

...although very expensive. D:

But it has to be like that so people won't just go changing their user names left and right for no reason.

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to AvengedxxAngel Send a message via MSN to AvengedxxAngel

Old 02-24-2008, 04:32 AM

I hadn't read Popcorn Gun's post earlier
>.<
But yeah, I guess that does make sense :3
<3

butterscotch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-24-2008, 04:38 AM

Oh, alright! That does make sense, thanks for clearing it up. :)

Mascot Sith
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-24-2008, 04:39 AM

I'm speechless

Paying that much gold
Its not worth it

King
Wearer of glow-in-the-dark snowm...
Send a message via MSN to King

Old 02-24-2008, 04:42 AM

You have to think of it on the staff's side too. If they made it cheaper they would spend all day changing names.

Mascot Sith
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-24-2008, 04:48 AM

Well why won't they at least make everyone have like a freebie
Just one, then they have to pay

This is so ridiculous, and I'm not the only who thinks that

Dev
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-24-2008, 04:50 AM

This is awesome and all.

but what about people who PM'ed before this announcement was made? Like me.

I PM'ed Aeris yesterday about a name change, she has yet to read it.

Would I Still need to Pay?

kitkat
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 02-24-2008, 05:09 AM

sounds good :3

i love my username though.

Dangerous Angel
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-24-2008, 05:16 AM

Menewsha, you have just completely won me over. ♥♥♥

Thank you so much for this. I'll be sure to start saving.

Azureile
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to Azureile

Old 02-24-2008, 06:18 AM

I think it's a good idea. :]

It's possible to change your name now, for whatever reason you like, and I've been seeing a lot of people wanting name changes simply because they've thought of a new one.

The 1k gold charge should keep people from abusing this, and it should prevent the possibility of scamming people by changing names.

And it's still free to change names if there's a serious problem with it. x]

Thanks! :D

wonderfinch
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to wonderfinch

Old 02-24-2008, 06:26 AM

Lovely idea :3 Even though I've no intention of changing my names (or my mule's, for that matter) it's nice to know that I can should the need arise. And since it costs 1000 gold, I'll actually be sure to think about it before I change dX

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 02-24-2008, 06:44 AM

I'm not likely to change my name, but I am curious about warnings. Does it go for all warnings, or does level of severity factor in? XD For example, a few months after I joined, sleepy and not all that lucid I made a post that was shorter than I thought it was, and got my little slap on the wrist for it. Is that perma-record and prohibits my name change now (or any other account related endeavours), should I choose to get one? :lol: Or do things like that get expunged after so long? I can only assume that they don't factor in, but you never know. :lol: I like to think Mene isn't fascist like most forums out there. xD~

Astromantic
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Astromantic Send a message via MSN to Astromantic

Old 02-24-2008, 06:49 AM

Dang, 1k, huh? I was thinking of changing my name because there be many a Kiwi, and people be spelling my name wrong..) Well, I guess I'll change my name after I get a crown. Who knows when that will happen. ^^;;;;

Reverie
I ♥ you!

Old 02-24-2008, 07:12 AM

Ceri, it looks like you'd have nothing to worry about if you wanted to change your name. Similarly, I believe only official warnings are counted against you in the case of a name change -- a "slap on the wrist" was not official in your case, and more than likely wouldn't be in the case of others.

Azureile has it down though -- the fee is there to keep the new offer from being abused. While it may be lofty for some, it's high enough to keep CMs from changing names all day, and it's low enough to give you the chance to change your name to something that may appeal to you more if you don't have any other reason than simply wanting to change it.

If any one of you is curious about whether or not you'd be able to change your name due to situations like this, feel free to PM me (or any mod/CM) and I can give you a simple yay or nay. ^_^

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 02-24-2008, 07:20 AM

Awesomeness in a bottle! I'm glad you've made it so expensive, this way it won't get abused and it'll be easier to keep track of people. I really hope not too many people respond negatively to this as it's a great improvement and although I wasn't looking forewards to name changes being introduced, I'm glad of the way it's been done.