zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-06-2024, 03:44 PM

I signed up for another shift this Monday. I hope I get to see Velvet again!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-06-2024, 08:28 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-06-2024, 08:32 PM

Thanks! If she's not there it wouldn't be the worst thing since that would mean she was adopted. If my kitty wasn't such an only child I would bring her home for sure.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-07-2024, 08:59 PM

Goodness, Yuna hahahahaha. Still at least you get to love on Velvet at the place and Yuna home, win win ^_^

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-07-2024, 09:25 PM

Jealousy, you say? Never!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-08-2024, 07:57 PM

Haha, yeah, she's NOT having it with other cats. In my apartment in Brooklyn I was slightly underground so the window was at ground level and whenever a cat came near she would get super upset. I also tried to introduce her to my ex's cat once which did NOT go well. I've even had notes from vet visits that have like clinic resident cats where they've said they had to remove the clinic cat from the room because Yuna was MAD. LOL!

I just refreshed the page to check on Velvet and she's gone! It's great that she's been adopted but I'm sad I won't get to see her again. Looks like there's some new kitties though!

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-08-2024, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Haha, yeah, she's NOT having it with other cats. In my apartment in Brooklyn I was slightly underground so the window was at ground level and whenever a cat came near she would get super upset. I also tried to introduce her to my ex's cat once which did NOT go well. I've even had notes from vet visits that have like clinic resident cats where they've said they had to remove the clinic cat from the room because Yuna was MAD. LOL!

I just refreshed the page to check on Velvet and she's gone! It's great that she's been adopted but I'm sad I won't get to see her again. Looks like there's some new kitties though!
Yuna gets that jealous? :o

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-08-2024, 09:49 PM

Funnily enough she's not really jealous. She doesn't care when I come home smelling like other kitties. I think it's more like she feels threatened having other cats in her territory...

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-08-2024, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Funnily enough she's not really jealous. She doesn't care when I come home smelling like other kitties. I think it's more like she feels threatened having other cats in her territory...

A hermit cat?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-08-2024, 11:10 PM

Quote:

Well, Yuna just likes what she likes. As long as she's not being mean to you over cat smells then she's ok. Cats can be very territorial.

Sad that you don't get to play with Velvet anymore, but congrats to her! She's got a loving family now!

On another note - I'm giving serious thought to getting myself a bird. I don't think my landlord will let me get a cat, but I think I might be able to convince him to let me get a bird. Thinking like a sun conure or quaker parrot. I haven't been brave enough to ask yet though hahaha.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-09-2024, 07:24 PM

"I is so shy"

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-11-2024, 06:51 PM

Yesterday I got to play with Tabitha and Leila and Rizzler! Tabitha was sooo cute. She's a 9 month old little black cat. She was super vocal and loving and even came to sit on my lap for a while! I had to work pretty hard to get Rizzler to say hello but he did come out for a little while. He's an orange boy who was waiting for his new family to pick him up. I felt really bad for Leila. She's a 9 year old grey lady who I guess was surrendered when someone's partner moved in and they were allergic. Despite my attempts she didn't want anything at all to do with me and sat high up where no one could possibly bother her. :( I wonder who will be around for my next shift!

---------- Post added 03-11-2024 at 01:52 PM ----------

Also a bird!!! Wow! I've known a few different people who have had birds and heard that they're very intelligent and loyal. I'd be afraid they'd be too noisy for me though because I'm such a light sleeper.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2024, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Yesterday I got to play with Tabitha and Leila and Rizzler! Tabitha was sooo cute. She's a 9 month old little black cat. She was super vocal and loving and even came to sit on my lap for a while! I had to work pretty hard to get Rizzler to say hello but he did come out for a little while. He's an orange boy who was waiting for his new family to pick him up. I felt really bad for Leila. She's a 9 year old grey lady who I guess was surrendered when someone's partner moved in and they were allergic. Despite my attempts she didn't want anything at all to do with me and sat high up where no one could possibly bother her. :( I wonder who will be around for my next shift!

---------- Post added 03-11-2024 at 01:52 PM ----------

Also a bird!!! Wow! I've known a few different people who have had birds and heard that they're very intelligent and loyal. I'd be afraid they'd be too noisy for me though because I'm such a light sleeper.

Everyone pet the birb.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-12-2024, 01:37 AM

Quote:
[/COLOR]Also a bird!!! Wow! I've known a few different people who have had birds and heard that they're very intelligent and loyal. I'd be afraid they'd be too noisy for me though because I'm such a light sleeper.
I am concerned about this because I sleep during the day, but if you cover their cage at nighttime when you sleep they quiet right down and sleep too.

---------- Post added 03-12-2024 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerockman View Post

Everyone pet the birb.
omg how cute hahaha!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-12-2024, 02:50 PM

Awww! I brought Mochi out last night and Yuna went into full on hunt mode.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-13-2024, 08:52 PM

Oh no, is Mochi gonna be okay? XD

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-14-2024, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Yuna really wants to be a hermit cat, huh?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-16-2024, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Thats no good!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-19-2024, 02:11 PM

Mochi is okay. She got really feisty Sunday night. I brought her some crickets and as I was getting them ready she pounced and bit my finger.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-19-2024, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Mochi is okay. She got really feisty Sunday night. I brought her some crickets and as I was getting them ready she pounced and bit my finger.

Anything like this?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-20-2024, 07:46 PM

OMG that's hilarious. What a determined bug!