exeno chan
The emo ninja

Old 10-31-2009, 01:59 PM

One question how do I make words bigger?

I got a story.

Last edited by Melody; 10-31-2009 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: double post

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 10-31-2009, 02:08 PM

You can make your words bigger by including the font size tags like so:
Quote:
[size=4]Hey there![/size]
It will come out as:
Hey there!

Earth Maiden Fallon
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Earth Maiden Fallon

Old 10-31-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exeno chan View Post
Guess I'm out of the challenge before it started, I'm not a very good speller.
Google. It's a miracle worker. ;)

.Jazzed
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to .Jazzed

Old 10-31-2009, 02:18 PM

Ohh, it's campfire ghost stories time!

Reminds me of that show on YTV from way back when...

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 10-31-2009, 02:25 PM

What show is that, Jazzed? =D

daemon_lucifer
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2009, 02:29 PM

I am absolutely in this one! I love to write, but the 400 word or less challenge is going to be hard...I'll get my two entires in as quickly as I can think them up...and condense them...I don't think I even write poems under 400 words...

exeno chan
The emo ninja

Old 10-31-2009, 02:29 PM

Don't open the door!!!!
Username: exeno chan

word count: I don't know

entry: Candy time is almost over when I get a strange trick or treater or is it? .

It was Halloween, I was waiting for Trick or treating to end,

when a float head under a sheet came up to me.

"Nice costume," I said. "How you pull it off?"

"It isn't a costume." said the head in the sheet, as it pulled off the sheet revealing a real severed head.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

"I want you body!" it said.

At this point I ran away.

As I looked back, I saw it following me.

then the lights went off, and the walls started dripping blood!

I felt my head being left off my body, then all went dark.

when I could see again I had no body and the folating head had mine,
and it said, "happy Holloween."

Last edited by exeno chan; 10-31-2009 at 02:36 PM..

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 10-31-2009, 02:35 PM

@daemon_lucifer:
I'm looking forward to seeing your entries, daemon! ^_^
I admit the 400 words is a bit short, but that's the point of a challenge, is it not? Plus, imagine if there were more than ten 1k+ words entries to read through to judge... :lol:

@exeno chan:
Now, that didn't turn out so bad, did it? It looks good.
Thank you for your entry, exeno! ^^

exeno chan
The emo ninja

Old 10-31-2009, 02:37 PM

Your welcome.

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 10-31-2009, 02:51 PM

I wrote this a long while ago for one of my writing blogs. I cleaned it up a bit and did some editing. I think it is appropriate for this topic.

What is that behind you...?
Username: Moxie
Word count: 390
Entry:
The hair stood up on end on the back of my neck. I could feel every inch of my skin prickle. I held my breath, unaware I was even doing it. The silence was stifling and forced. I forced myself into deafness to drown out the silence.

The fear was irrational.

It always had been irrational. I don’t even know why I had it. The fear turned me not to ice, but to fire. Every sense came to life, over-reacting to the slightest sound, the slightest movement. The movements that made my heart hammer.

The shadows were moving.

I had never been more sober in my life. These were no swirls of drunken movement in my eyes. The shadows themselves were definitely moving, like looking through the white noise on the television into the shadows, feint lines of people visible. They had been there my whole life at the end of the hallway.

In that garage.

My feet froze, but still, my veins were on fire. They were moving and there was nothing I could do. Why was I seeing this? What was I seeing? What it real or just my overactive imagination? But the sight was not what scared me down to my soul.

I could feel it.

It was real.

I closed my eyes, but the feeling did not dwindle. They were reaching for me. These shadow people that crawled around at the end of the hall. It wasn’t even night. It was the middle of the day. These shadows were shadows of day - not the nighttime shadows that just bleed into more shadows.

In my mind, I saw skeletal hand reaching out from beneath the veil to grab me. The red eyes of a face peeking out from there. They were laying in wait to drag me under. They were always in wait to drag me under, pull me in, and make me disappear.

The hands that wanted to pull me in and erase me- destroy me. They wanted to pull me under and erase me from ever being. Make me nothing but a shadow. I don’t know why. I opened my eyes and the shadow ghosts were still there. Still as white noise. Still as silence.

Those shadows twist behind me always.

Those shadows will pull me under one day.

exeno chan
The emo ninja

Old 10-31-2009, 02:55 PM

@ mixie: O_O I'm scared now.

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 10-31-2009, 02:57 PM

I think sometimes the way to scare people is to allude to things. Suspense can be far more terrifying than blood and gore.

Remember- the tallest mountain is the one in your head.

exeno chan
The emo ninja

Old 10-31-2009, 03:03 PM

I have no idea what that means, now I am scared and confused.

daemon_lucifer
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2009, 03:07 PM

What is that behind you...?
Username: daemon_lucifer
Word count: 324
Entry:
She walked down the molding walled halls with no sign of threat in her pale silver eyes. The windows had all been barred, covered, and boarded so no sunlight could threaten her perfect darkness. Her pale white skin—delicately covered with black laces and frills—trembled with delight as the screams rolled down the corridor of her humble home. Castles weren’t what the world imagined; it was the dungeons that gave them their glory.

Her footsteps were silent as she followed the pleading to its source, a young man, twenty or so, chained to the prison’s wall and nearly limp from the previous torture. He could still scream—she had enhanced all of the victims so even if they were unconscious they could scream. The cell door slid open and she caressed his torn cheek gently.

“You shouldn’t be so upset, dearie…you know it will all end. Just a little bit longer and Halloween, the honorable day of the dead, will grant you freedom. Just scream your pathetic little heart out, papa will come by soon to make sure you are treated properly,” she whispered, forcing her hunger into silence. Being a purebred Vampire was complicated this time of year. Her father always demanded more food than usual and she was forced to feast on the remains.

She walked silently down the hall, begging for a meal in her mind. She couldn’t stand the luscious smell of rot tickling her senses and not being allowed to taste it…but she had to keep going. She began to stumble, knowing the dungeon and its aroma was taunting her. She opened the door to the grand ballroom in hopes she would be granted a reprieve. Sudden pain filled her and she screamed in horror, horror just like the dying victims she tormented moments before.

I walked the wrong way…this is the way outside-

Her last thought faded as the dawn’s light ate her flesh, bone, and soul.

----

So I made my entry, and I don't know that it is great, but I tried to take a totally different approach with the whole horror...so I hope I actually met the requirements, and I am really thankful for word count on my word processor program...^^

Well, I might enter another one if another idea strikes me, but i don't know, I always find forcing myself to write makes the plot so much less, and that having an inspiration makes things much more fun...

Good luck to everyone who enters!

Last edited by Iro; 10-31-2009 at 03:18 PM..

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 10-31-2009, 03:16 PM

Thank you both for your entries, Moxie and daemon!

@Moxie:
Nice entry you have there. Indeed, without imagination, there wouldn't be horror in the first place. =D

@daemon_lucifer:
Just a quick reminder on double posting, daemon. Try not to, as they are against the rules. I have merged the posts for you. ;D

That is an interesting twist there at the ending. :lol:

Mehimaru
Hey, peoples. I know I have been...

Old 10-31-2009, 03:19 PM

I want to enter!!!!!!!! I love writing...this should be fun!!!!!!

That's what friends are for... (this is my title)
Username: mehimaru
Word count: 396
Entry: I always thought of Halloween as a commercial holiday. I mean with all the cute little ballerinas, princesses, pumpkins, and cartoon characters running around saying, “Trick or treat!” just knowing they are getting a load of candy, what is there really to be afraid of? For some reason, a friend of mine, InYa, was terrified of Halloween. She said that spirits rose from the grave to haunt and even kill people on Halloween. I never believed her, that was until the Halloween that InYa died.

Last Halloween found InYa, Kitta, and myself just sitting around the T.V. We had just finished our seventh horror film when the lights suddenly went out. Of course, InYa screamed at the top of her lungs. She honestly sounded like a banshee. It took Kitta ten minutes to calm her down. But she finally did stop screaming.

“It’s ok, InYa. I’m just gonna pop onto the kitchen and flip the breaker,” I said as I began walking towards the kitchen. InYa turned her terrified eyes to me, and I could tell, InYa was honesty freak out by this.

“No! You can’t go! You won’t come back!” she cried as she lunged for me. One hundred and thirty pounds of girl suddenly landed on me. I fell to the ground and had the breath knocked from me.

“InYa get a grip. I will only be gone a moment. Kit, help me,” I said breathless. Kitta pulled InYa off me and forced her to sit on the couch. I made my way to the kitchen. Now the breaker box was easy to find, but the correct breaker, not so much. I was going to need help.

“Kitta, bring me a flashlight!” I called. I heard a terrified scream, silence, and then, Kitta walked in with the flashlight.

“Thanks,” I told Kitta. Then I turned to the box and stared dumbfounded. All the switches were missing. “What the..!” Suddenly InYa scream again. And this time it was the bloodcurdling cream of someone being murdered.

“INYA!” Kitta and I exclaimed. We turned and ran back to the living room. Sure enough InYa lay on the couch, her insides ripped out, her blood staining the carpet. Kitta screamed. I screamed. Then I was hit over the head hard. I don’t remember anything after that. In fact I’m not even sure if I woke up. Curious…

Last edited by Iro; 10-31-2009 at 03:25 PM..

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 10-31-2009, 03:22 PM

Waiting in anticipation for your entry, Mehimaru! ^^

EDIT:
Nevermind. :lol:
Thank you for your entry!
No problem about the title change. I was at loss at what to place there initially anyway. lol

Last edited by Iro; 10-31-2009 at 03:24 PM..

Mehimaru

Old 10-31-2009, 03:26 PM

i posted it...in fact it was originally suppose to be based off a story i wrote years ago for Halloween for my creative writing class, which actually had a funny end, but was pure horror in the middle, but instead i went for just plain horror. i mean i really wanted to drag this one out but once i got done writing it. it was almost 600 words so i had to edit. i hope it still sounds ok. with a 400 word limit a lot was taken out, bu ti understand with you reading them yourself i would be hard work to read tons of 1000 word stories, so its ok... thanks for letting me enter. i had fun just writing it!!!!

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 10-31-2009, 03:30 PM

It sounds perfectly fine to me. :yes:

If you have the full story, however, I'd like to read it some time. This 'snippet' looks interesting as it is, and I am really curious to how the original goes.

Mehimaru

Old 10-31-2009, 03:43 PM

then i will gladly send it to you and anyone else who wants to read it....as soon as i add the taken out stuff back in...but the very first one i wrote (the one for school) would have to rewritten completely as i lost its file but it was good...my friend Baby and I were home alone and in my bedroom. freaky things start happening like someone knocking on the door, a trail of blood appearing and a ghost woman. in the end things are not what they seem and we learn that we have to keep an eye on our other 2 friends. short and sweet and intriguing ne?? lol but yea i can send u the full story of either version. im sure you would love it.

Little Miss
Queen of all things Yellow

Old 10-31-2009, 04:16 PM

Soul Eater
Username: Little Miss
Word count: 370
Entry:It was the last night of October. The wind grew chill and trickled down my spine, the muffled laughter of children laughing as the walked by. Dressed in armor, sheets, and gowns, carrying bags filled with all sorts of treats. I was too old for this foolish dress-up children perform.
The windows of the streets were clear with Halloween decorations and candy. Each I hated as I passed. At the end of the street though, there was one long store. Its windows were blacked and a small sign read on the door “open”. I wondered why I had never seen such a store before, without a title or anything. I walked in, the faint lights glowed inside. “Hello?” I called, honestly hoping to hear an answer. “Hello.” Responded a voice. It was a beautiful voice, almost sung with the power of angels. “U-uh.” I stuttered, “What do you sell here?” I asked, seeing shelves with nothing and counters vacant. “Oh.” Said the voice, “I sell the most wonderful of things, everything you desire. Come in, you’re foot is still out the door.” I wondered how they knew, but I obediently came inside. “Where are you?” I asked, my voice like a child’s. “Here.” Responded the voice, “come, I’ll show you something.” I followed, of course I did. I saw no one, but a dark figure. I walked up. I expected a beautiful person to match with the voice, what I got was something different. The eyes were like a demons, teeth bared in a way of hostility. I screamed, ran over and tried for the door, there was none. No windows either, no shelves or empty counters. Nothing. It was dark. The angelic voice started speaking, I could feel the breath on my cheek. “Goodnight.” She whispered, and just like that I could feel it. I could feel the darkness. It devoured me, starting with my legs and flooding into my mouth. I couldn’t breath, my eyes saw nothing. No light, no darkness, nothing. I wasn’t there, my presence was one. I couldn’t feel my body, but…I wasn’t in my body. I was extracted, my body left rotting now in that very shop, which has probably disappeared from the town.

EnvyHamsandwich
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to EnvyHamsandwich

Old 10-31-2009, 04:24 PM

*cracks out the old notebook and quill pen*

Ohhh yeah. I'm soooo entering this contest. >D

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 10-31-2009, 04:27 PM

@Mehimaru:
Yes, those does sound interesting. Take your time with it. When you're done, you can just send it to me via a PM. Thanks so much! xD

@LittleMiss:
Thank you very much for your lovely entry, Little Miss! ^^

@EnvyHamsandwich:
Oh, do! I hope you have fun writing the entry too! :D

Mehimaru

Old 10-31-2009, 04:29 PM

no prob Iroase i love writing so i will get them wrote up soon and send them to you...they were great fun to create and i love them...thanks for the chance to write for you....its awesome!!!!!!

Kyrianne
the Fierce

Old 10-31-2009, 04:41 PM

Oh, goodness. I just wrote a creepy sort of story recently, but it's 733 words long. I'm not really sure if I can condense it, either...