Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 04:47 PM

Awww man I wish I was great at writing, I really suck.
Good luck everyone.

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 10-31-2009, 05:11 PM

Good luck, everyone! The entries so far are fantastic.

What is that behind you...?
Username: Iltu
Word count: 355
Entry: He was going to break off their engagement. Eduard. Eduard, Eduard, Eduard. How could he? Clutching at her chest as though the organ inside would be ripped apart by malevolent demons, she moaned in despair. Eduard. She wouldn’t be able to bear it.

It was then that she felt the idea creeping around the edges of her mind, wrapping its self like vines of wisteria around her temples and whispering unobtainable bliss into her ears.

“Murder,” she tried the word aloud, and it tasted bitter on her tongue, unsweetened chocolate laced with cyanide. Oh, but she loved Eduard. Her darling Eduard. How could she ever kill him?

The more she thought on it, however, the more the wisteria grew, finally working its way into acceptance, dripping crimson blood from its lavender blossoms. “Murder,” she repeated the word now, and let out a hysterical giggle. It was sugary this time, the utterance of ‘murder.’ Eduard couldn’t leave her if he was dead, could he?

“Poor girl,” they whispered a week later as she sat, dry-eyed, in the front pew of the church. “She must be in shock, how awful to have your fiancé killed.”

It had been cyanide, the coroner had told her. Someone had laced an anonymous gift of chocolate with cyanide. She had taken it surprisingly well, they had heard, but the shock; oh, it must be the shock…

Calmly poised in her seat next to Eduard’s sobbing mother, she tried not to smile as she stared at the casket.

That night, she lay in bed, covered in graveyard dirt, and stared into his face. His eyes were closed, and he still smelled of the lilies they had buried him with. She tentatively touched a lock of his golden hair. He was beautiful. So beautiful, her Eduard. Down to the bone.

The only evidence of what she’d done was the cyanide hidden in her bureau and the empty coffin, buried again beneath six feet of earth.

Satisfied, she curled up beside the corpse and closed her eyes to dreams of an eternity. Here he was, with her forever. Her darling Eduard. Eduard, Eduard, Eduard…

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 10-31-2009, 05:12 PM

@Mehimaru:
No problem. I always enjoy a good read. ;D

@Kyrianne:
I understand if a story is sometimes not able to be condensed. It would cut out many of the bits that makes the story THE story. It just doesn't sound right. :)

@Iltu:
Thank you very much for your entry, Iltu! ^^

Mehimaru
Hey, peoples. I know I have been...

Old 10-31-2009, 05:16 PM

Iroase and Kyrianne i also know how hard it is to condense a story...sometimes u work so hard on it that u just cant stand the thought of condensing it...to u it is perfect...or it would take out too many vital details...i had a hard time condensing "thats what friends are for..." because i felt i was taking out too many vital parts but i think it works anyways so thats awesome...

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 10-31-2009, 05:20 PM

Iro- And thank-you for holding this contest. :) I had such a blast writing it.

Okari

Old 10-31-2009, 05:23 PM

This is so cool! I'm going to work real hard on my entry. Is it just horror or can I add a different setting, like outerspace or something like that?

Kyrianne
the Fierce

Old 10-31-2009, 05:32 PM

Ugh, still working on condensing it. 530 words after the original was 733... KEEP GOING, SELF! YOU CAN DO IT!

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 10-31-2009, 05:33 PM

Go, go, Kyrianne! \o/

@Iltu:
And you're welcome. Glad to hear you had fun. ^^

@Okari:
As I already mentioned, any other things you want to put inside the story, whether another genre, whatever setting is perfectly fine so long as there are also bits of horror in the story. :)

Okari

Old 10-31-2009, 05:35 PM

Thank you for clarifying, though^^. I'm still sleepy I guess.

End of silence
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2009, 05:38 PM

Username: End of silence
Word count: idk :(
Entry:

Charlie Hekkison was a traveling man, he made his living that way. One day, he found himself in need of a place to rest, he knocked on the door of an old wooden shack, and an elderly man answered.

" What do you want?! " The man spat at him.

" Sir, i would like a place to sleep tonight. " He replied politely.

" Do you have a story to tell? " the man asked, and when Charlie replied no, the man shut the door on his face.

Charlie didn't know what to do, it was almost night-time and he needed rest. He then spotted the old mans bar, I know, he thought, I'll spend the night in his barn! He'll never know!

And charlie did that. In the middle of the night he heard three voices arguing. " It's your turn to turn the body ", " no! It's YOUR turn! " and the third voice replied; " why should i turn the body when Charlie hekkinson is up there, not taking his turn? "

Charlie was shocked, how had they known that he was there? Before he could hide, he was dragged down by two strong hands, and charlie stood there, turning the body, which was now hanging over a fire.

No sooner had the last man fallen asleep then charlie had ran out the door, as far away as he could. He was hiding under a bridge when he heard it, Clonk, clonk, clonk. Then he heard voices arguing, " why should i hold the body? It's your turn! " another voice replied; " why should i hold the body when Charlie hekkinson is hiding under this bridge? "

And thus he was grabbed again, they took him to a graveyard where they demanded he dig a grave. " shh, " one of the men said, " i hear somebody coming, stay here, and we'll come get you " So he waited in the grave, and waited, and waited.

Finally he got out, and no-one was there. He then ran ALL the way home..

-----

Five years later he was in the same place again, at a festival, when he bumped into the large man that had made him do those deeds. " Hello Charlie Hekkinson, " he said, " now, when you need a place to stay, you will have a story "

Last edited by End of silence; 10-31-2009 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: 11 words above :(

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 10-31-2009, 05:38 PM

No problem. xD
And I probably need to head to bed soon. It's already way past midnight here.

End of silence
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2009, 05:39 PM

Can anybody tell me if mine was good?

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 10-31-2009, 05:42 PM

Your entry if over the word limit by eleven words, Silence. :)

Otherwise, I find the story interesting. Not the usual scary story one finds.

Mehimaru

Old 10-31-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrianne View Post
Ugh, still working on condensing it. 530 words after the original was 733... KEEP GOING, SELF! YOU CAN DO IT!
go go kyrianne!! you can do it!! YEA!!

End of silence
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2009, 05:45 PM

Agh!!

can i edit it?

Kyrianne
the Fierce

Old 10-31-2009, 05:45 PM

475 words! I'm almost there!

Mehimaru

Old 10-31-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrianne View Post
475 words! I'm almost there!
Yea!! I can't wait to read it!!

End of silence
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2009, 05:47 PM

I edited it... i think its good now...

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 10-31-2009, 05:51 PM

*gives Kyrianne an encouraging dance*

@End of silence:
It looks good now. :)

Nanami Ugachi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2009, 05:54 PM

Urgh... I love to write but Horror is my worst subject. >.<

Cemetery
Mene Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 05:55 PM

Username:Cemetery
Word count:Some where around 100 or so.
Entry:
Over in the corner you see me creeping,
Hiding in the darkness of you're room.
I wait for you to sleep, before I come a-creepin`.

My jaw hangs low and my fangs exspose,
I loom over thee with my tounge hanging out and drool covering you,
You awake staring at the beast next to you.

I scream and howl.
I throw my spikes into you're ceiling,
I look to you with large glowing blue eyes.

I hold out my long slimy hands,
Something glitters between my claws,
"Want some candy, Little girl?" my raspy voice says.

I am the candy monster.
I give candy to children on halloween night.
This poem doth not rythme.
But hey, It's halloween, Give me some cake.

Kyrianne
the Fierce

Old 10-31-2009, 05:56 PM

ARGH 33 WORDS OVERRRRRRR *keeps condensing frantically*

Cemetery
Mene Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 05:57 PM

Hope you don't mind my poem. ^^;; It was something silly and creative, I tried to make it scary.... but eh, We'll see how that works.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 10-31-2009, 05:59 PM

@Nanami Ugachi:
Aww... But this is a challenge for a reason. Challenge yourself? You might be surprised to see what you can come up with sometimes. ;)

@Cemetery:
The poem's not a problem at all. I pass it for horror. The last line made me twitch. xD

@Kyrianne:
:eager:

Kyrianne
the Fierce

Old 10-31-2009, 06:03 PM

Username: Kyrianne
Word count: 400 words exactly. *faints*
Entry: She stood in the middle of the street.

She saw nothing. Not the cars shooting past her through dirt and grime, or the lamp-posts as they gently winked into existence.

The rain sent her the tears that she couldn’t cry. It sung the emptiness of her core as it pattered on the cracked pavement.

A taxi slowed as the driver peered from his window at her.

His concerned voice broke through her stupor, drifting like a lost soul before she realized he was speaking to her.

"You alright, Miss?"

She turned as if in a dream. His eyes were wide, naive, even with his age of stubble, jobs and a driver's license.

She tried to speak, but all she could do was cough, heaving as she fought to regain her breath.

A gasp and the echoing slam of the car door bit into her. Warm hands pushed her into the taxi, ignoring how she weighed less than a frozen feather.

The melody of the rain was muted behind steel and glass.

He watched her in his rearview mirror, windshield wipers shrieking to his heartbeat.

Her eyes were grey, unemotional, unblinking. She stared onward, lost in herself and to the world.

He shivered, pulling his coat around himself as he spoke again. "Anywhere you need to go?"

Her lips were the only things moving as she mouthed the words to her destination.

He watched her curiously in his mirror. Pale girl, grey eyes, dull platinum hair, a white tattered gown. Silent as a mouse, silent as the grave.

He turned his attention back to the road. The rain washed in torrents down the windshield, fogging and distorting an already hazy world.

He could feel her staring. It sent a tingle up his spine, sent the hair at the nape of his neck standing on end.

A beat of something esoteric crackled through the air. Her eyes flashed, mouth wrenched in a grotesque grimace. Her very existence shimmered frenetically. From her maw ripped a scream of the Furies.

He slammed on the breaks, eyes snapping back to the distant world. He swerved. There was something there...

When he found the side of the road, windshield wipers desperate in consolation, he was finally able to breathe. He turned wearily, to thank the girl.

Silence reigned. She was gone. In his memory, visions of eyes stared.

Somewhere, in a storm-soaked street, she stood alone.

----

You should have heard my excited yell when I realized it was 400 words. xD

Last edited by Iro; 10-31-2009 at 06:07 PM..