Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via MSN to Donna

Old 12-30-2007, 03:45 AM

• Donna looked back at her friend, and finished up her mocha. Damn, she drank fast sometimes.
    "Excuse me for a moment," she said to Zaner and got up to get another iced mocha.

"What's up chica?" she laughed, "Like the music eh? Oh hey, can I get another?"
    She shook her empty container and proceeded to throw it in the trash near her.
    "So hey, I was talking to that guy and he seems pretty nice so far...not sure if he's cafe material. He doesn't like coffee."
    Donna shrugged.
    "And want to go out clubbing tonight? I think it'd be fun. Dancing, meeting some cute guys..."
    Donna laughed and winked.
    "It'll be fun!"

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 12-30-2007, 04:13 AM

• "Haha, oh god girl, this next one's on the house though," she laughed and went to blending the coffee. "Of course I like the music. You and I went to go see the damn musical together that one time. Well not once, but TWICE! It was so worth it!"

She reminisced of the times she and Donna went out to see some plays way in the past but those plays were long gone. Her ears perked up when Donna was talking about the guy that walked in with the intention to find a job.

"You know...he can do cleaning, I guess, since I need all the help I can get in that department. But absolutely under no circumstances, would I allow him to make coffee if he doesn't know how to!" It was easy for the blender to drown out their conversation so nobody would hear.

"Clubbing, hmm? Uh...well...I dunno. Maybe? You know me, I'm not that social for clubbing," she blushed. "That's more you, and you could never pay me to go clubbing," she sweatdropped.

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-30-2007, 04:28 AM

• Donna walked behind the counter to check out the back of the album. Which song did she want to listen to?
    Johnny don't goooooo! She mouthed the words and did the dance they'd seen from the play and laughed. She didn't care how stupid she looked. Oh well. There was hardly anyone there anyways.
    "Oh no!" she gasped, "dude, we so have to listen to How can I say goodbye to love!"
    Without asking, Donna went to the player and switched the track, smiling widely.

Donna heard Eclair talking about the guy and listened.
    "Yeah, besides, you could always use another hand. But yes, I don't trust a man to make my coffee that doesn't like coffee himself."
    She laughed.

"Aww, come on chica. It'll be fun! You like fun right?" Whatever. Donna knew that Eclair wasn't as much of a party girl as her. Donna liked some nights to herself, but she just had to get some craze out of her system at least once a week or so.
    "Orrrr...I could tell that new guy that you like him and you want to go on a date," she joked, laughing a little too loudly. She noticed and quieted herself, "no, really. Maybe we can at least chill or something?"

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 12-30-2007, 05:21 AM

• She burped, as a force of habit, without saying "excuse me", but the blended still drowned out their conversation. Eclair couldn't help it. Her attitude was always relaxed and carefree with her best friend around. Donna was probably a bad influence on Eclair (just not on burping, but other things), and both of them said so.

Eclair laughed though when Donna chose to listen to "How Can I Say Goodbye To Love?" because it was the cheesiest, corniest song out of the whole soundtrack. She shook her head in disbelief and took the iced latte out of the blender, this time, making a large instead of medium sized coffee. "De, you seriously have some Z-P issues, you know that?" Giggling, she admitted that she had Z-P issues as well. It was a hot musical! Who could deny it?

"Of course I like fun...but I don't really feel like clubbing. And you know me, I don't have any clothes FOR clubbing either way!" Her jaw dropped when Donna threatened to talk up the guy lookin' for a job. "If you tell him that then I can't hire him, De. I still need to hire new employees here! You KNOW I'm the only one working here, and it's a wonder I put out so many orders so fast!" Eclair was more of a stay-at-home girl but living alone was a bit boring as well. "Anything else you have in mind?"

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-30-2007, 05:29 AM

• Donna made a sound of a mixture between laughing and scoffing.
    "IIIII have ZP issues?! You're funny," Donna took the drink and thanked her, "Wells maybe we could get together and go SHOPPING!!!"
    Donna burst out in laughter. Thank god she hadn't taken a sip of her drink yet. Hell, when WASN'T Donna laughing? Life was a hell of a ride and humor was a necessity.
    "Nope, I'm good. Now I think I'm going to return to interrogating your soon-to-be new employee. Anything in particular you wish me to ask him?"

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 12-30-2007, 05:57 AM

• "Honey, you have MOVIE QUOTE issues!" she laughed. Toning her voice down to a whisper, however, she leaned over to Donna. "Ask him what makes him think I'm gonna hire him. I mean, this dude can't make coffee...what does he expect from me hiring him?"

Just then, the phone rang. "Hold on, I gotta take this." Eclair picked up the cordless phone. "Good afternoon, you've reached Cafe Madison, this is Eclair speaking! Uh huh? Uh huh..."

She had to pick up a pencil and paper and started scribbling things down on them. "All right, the total is going to be $25 for that order. We'll have it to you in about half an hour." Eclair paused. "Oh, someone will pick them up? All right, thank you and have a good day!" She hung up the phone and looked to Donna. "Corporate order. Some big business is having a meeting and a bunch of them wanted coffee and some cakes." Turning around to the large refrigerator behind her, she checked the cakes and noted she had the one available that whoever ordered it wanted.

"Oh yeah, and a bunch of coffee..." A few different types of them and eight orders so lemme get to that.

Eclair worked pretty efficiently, but seriously needed an extra employee. She would consider hiring Donna but Donna didn't make coffee she just usually bought it, and already had her own job.

"So that's a...caramel macchiato times two, mocha latte, espresso shots times three, a mint chip mocha smoothie, and they wanted a chocolate mousse cake. Simple enough." She had to get to work right away. Thank god for all the different types of equipment her family bought for the cafe.

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-30-2007, 06:02 AM

• "Psh, what do you expect? I love movies," she grinned and then heard the phone ring and knew it was time for Eclair to get back to business.
    Donna took a sip of her mocha and smiled. What WAS it about that taste? Oh well. Donna walked back over to the table and sat back in her seat.
    "Sorry about that, I just HAD to get another drink," she said and continued, "so, you want to work here. What makes you think they're going to hire you?"

Ezeakial Moon
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-30-2007, 11:48 PM

Christian opened his eyes and sighed, "Most have sliped off to sleep." He mummbled and rubed his eyes. He sat up in his seat and reached into his back pocket to pull out a tablet and pen. He layed them on the table and walked up to the counter, "Excuse me!" He called out.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 12-31-2007, 02:39 AM

• Eclair looked up, still working on the blender stuff. "Hm? Yeah?" she asked, looking again to the shirtless guy since nobody new had come in yet. She walked towards the couch the guy was laying on. "Can I help you?"

Ezeakial Moon
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-31-2007, 04:19 AM

"I would like to order!" he said to her. he looked over the menu and then settled on one, "I want a latte with two shots of expresso please! I need to wake up!"

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 12-31-2007, 05:50 AM

• She looked at him and smiled strangely. 'Someone seriously needs to lay off the coffee,' she thought. Sighing, she smiled. "Latte with two shots of espresso, coming up! That'll be $2.50, please. Name?" she said, holding a cup and Sharpie pen in hand. "Oh yeah, iced or hot? I forgot to ask," she added.

Ezeakial Moon
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-02-2008, 10:29 AM

He smiled at her and pulling out the money and handing it to her said, "Iced please. The name is Vance." Vance was his middle name but Christian tended to like going by it instead. Christian thought to himself, She is kinda cute but seems a bit off in some way!

zaner
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to zaner

Old 01-02-2008, 10:36 AM

• Zaner walked into the cafe and looked around for the two lady's he talked to earlier that day "hmm, i wonder where they went." he walked over to a table and sat down to wait for the lady's to come back.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 01-02-2008, 10:44 AM

((Zaney - we're still on the same day o.o...
Ezeakial - I thought your character's name was Christian??))

• "Arrighty...how do you spell that?" She had to guess at this point but marked the necessary order down since she still had to work on the other one for whatever corporate business person lackey was going to show up and pick up their order of eight coffees and one big cake.

Eclair looked to the guy from earlier that just walked in. "Oh hey, welcome back. Need anything else?" she asked him.

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-02-2008, 10:56 AM

• Donna laid down on the couch, nodding her head to the beat of the jams playing on her ipod. Her eyes were closed and her arms lay crossed behind her head. She was lipsinking the words to one of her favorite jams.

Donna sat up a second to grab her coffee and sip on it. Then she noticed Zaner and waved. She didn't know if he saw her or not but whatever. He could do whatever he wanted. She probably came off as a crazy person earlier that day anyways...she had wondered why he had to leave so suddenly...maybe he had to go meet some friends or something. Who knows.

zaner
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to zaner

Old 01-02-2008, 11:34 AM

• Zaner saw Donna wave to him and he waved back "Hey sorry i had to run off like that" he said walking over to Donna "my cell phone went off and a friend of mine was bugging me to come check out the waves. They were not as good as hea said they were" he chuckled

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-02-2008, 12:06 PM

• Donna sat up and pulled her earphones out, turning off the power, locking it, and wrapping the buds around the ipod.
    "Nah, it's cool," she said, "So they weren't that great huh? Nah, maybe tomorrow hm? So you surf huh?"

Donna sipped her coffee, finishing it off, and threw it into the trashcan five feet away.
    "Slamdunk! Yessss!"

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 01-02-2008, 10:41 PM

• The "assistant" for the corporation had picked up the coffees and cake long ago already, and now Eclair was sighing out of slight boredom. Other customers had come and gone, some even staying to study with homework on their couches or individual tables.

She watched them all, as she was taking orders and making more coffee, but at this point, everyone was just relaxed.

((Yes, y'all know I'm bored.))

Ezeakial Moon
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-03-2008, 01:28 PM

(( :oops: Oops it is in here! I was useing the wrong character! So it will be changed too say Christian now!))

"Oh yeah sorry, I guess there is something else on my mind rigth now" Christian rubed his head agian and smiled at her, "It is spelled V.A.N.C.E.!" He waited at the counter.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 01-03-2008, 10:49 PM

• "All righty then. Vance it is," Eclair said, writing the name on the cup. "It'll be ready in a couple of minutes, all right?" She smiled at him and went off to working on the latte with espresso shots. Not too difficult. She poured in some ice cubes into a shaker cup, then put the coffee into it. Covering it with another cup, she had to shake it for the drink to become cool, then poured the whole contents into the original cup with Vance's name on it. Eclair then squirted the espresso shots in from the flavoring bottles and covered the drink with a lid.

"Mmkay, Vance, here ya go!" she said, handing the drink to him along with a straw and insulation sleeve. "Enjoy," she smiled.

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-08-2008, 04:39 AM

Donna stood up and went to grab herself a cup of water. She was done with coffee and needed something refreshing. She passed by the radio, turning to a random station playing some new pitbull single and she strutted back to her seat.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 01-21-2008, 05:26 AM

Eclair had tied her hair into a ponytail, the black apron still covering her t-shirt and jeans. The afternoon rush was getting into gear and Eclair had to be on her toes serving everyone. Not to mention the many orders of different coffees could NOT be messed up at all!