~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-14-2013, 05:03 AM

Name: Hikari Starr
Species: Human
Weapon: Large dual swords that lock together into scissors. Each blade as long as her arm, they are designed to set on fire when struck together. When in scissor form, Hikari wears them across her back.
Bio: Hikari was born into a famous hunter family, and was therefore expected to be one herself. Though everyone expects her to be a prodigy, she actually struggles and has to work harder than most just to get by. She designed her own weapon and never parts with it.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-14-2013, 08:09 AM

Name: Areku "Ark" Tenjin
Species: Human
Weapon's Name: Purgatory's Moonlight

Weapon's Description: This quarterstaff was handed down from generation to generation as a rite of passage. The silver within the middle of the staff is a complete sphere before two straight lines go from the "moon" to the end of the staff. This line is a meter wide and cuts through the darkness that is the edge of the weapon and slowly goes from complete darkness into the dawn light. Hidden within the quarterstaff are two katanas that can be "summoned" by forcibly hitting the ground with one of its ends.

Bio: Areku Tenjin was once a heir to a prodigious clan of hunters but was wiped out by a combined effort by several different types of Grimms and a female witch. Looking for retribution, he found out that the witch once went to Beacon Academy who has excellent control over fire and hopes to use those clues to find out more about her.

Name Amaya Uzuino
Race: Human
Weapon: Tonfas/blaster/shotgun
Weapon Name: Kaze no Ryuujin (Wind of the Dragon God or Dragon God’s Wind)

Weapon Bio: Amaya created the Kaze no Ryuujin three years after the incident, imbedding it with the element of wind. Looking like regular tonfas with the main color being red and the ends being a black cap, the caps can be twisted up revealing their second feature as a blaster, using her Aura to fuel the device. Putting both tonfas together, Amaya can get a stronger shot, but it drains her Aura that much quicker. She has dubbed these it’s “pistol” and “shotgun” modes respectfully.

Bio: Having lost her parents at a young age in a Faunice attack, Amaya holds hatred towards all of the hybrid race. However, she knows that as she is now, she cannot do anything towards them, not as weak as she is now. Hoping to get stronger while at Beacon, she has enrolled herself there, not knowing that she would have to deal with Faunice there as well…

I figure Team HANA needs their own version of Weiss...

Last edited by Phoenix of the Immortal; 12-24-2013 at 07:26 AM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-14-2013, 08:21 AM

((Would you mind taking the first post? Wolfie will post tomorrow, since it is very late now.))

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-14-2013, 08:34 AM

(Sure. Also, with Hikari, Areku and Naruto as a team, we'd need one more member...so that way we could have Team H.A.N.D. lol)

Ark stared up at the massive building in front of him with his amber colored eyes, taking in the grandeur that was Beacon Academy. The last clues he found about the woman that killed his family were that she could manipulate fire, to which he already knew, and that she previously went to said academy. 'I just hope I can find some clues on her...' he thought as he saw other students coming in.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-15-2013, 04:24 AM

((lol H.A.N.D. Too bad we didn't thin of names that could form a color word.))

Hikari was so busy staring up at the school that she didn't see the boy standing there. She bumped right into him, and fell on her butt. "Oof, ouch! Oh, I'm so sorry!" She said, scrambling up. She tried hard not to look like a fool, but it was difficult from the position she was in. Once she finally managed to stand, she bowed. "G-gomen. Really, I'm sorry. I should have been paying attention." She apologized.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-15-2013, 05:27 AM

(I know...:( )

Ark felt someone bump into him as he stared at the building, lost in thought. Turning around, he saw a girl with navy blue hair on the ground. Before he could offer to help her up, she quickly got up and bowed, apologizing towards him. 'Is she Japanese also?' he thought silently for a few seconds. "Don't worry about it miss, I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings either. I'm Areku, but most people call me Ark, so I'll answer to either," he said before asking for her name, knowing that he would have to wait in order to do his research on the witch that killed his family.

Last edited by Phoenix of the Immortal; 12-15-2013 at 07:34 AM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-15-2013, 07:34 AM

Hikari straightened when the male returned her apology. She got a good look at him for the first time, and quickly decided that he was probably a good fighter. "Areku. Ark. That's a nice name. Unique. I'm Hikari Starr, and it is a pleasure to meet you." She said, holding out her hand to shake. He seemed nice, and at least he wasn't angry at her. Why did I tell him my last name? Now he's going to feel awkward just like everyone does.

Skirting around a girl who had fallen down and a boy she was apologizing to, Naruto headed for the school building. He was a bit nervous for his first day, but that was overshadowed by his excitement at being accepted. He couldn't wait to get started. He noticed more than a few people staring at the pair of orange fox ears perched on top of his head, and tugged at one self-consciously. He would not hide his nature as a faunice! Everyone would just have to learn to accept him the way he was.

((Wolfie hopes that's okay. She wasn't sure how to integrate Naruto into the story.))

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-15-2013, 08:21 AM

(That's fine)

"It's a pleasure meeting you Hikari Starr, and thanks," Ark replied with a light grin as he shook her hand. So what if she was related a famous family of hunters? "I'll let you in on something right now though Hikari-chan: if you're a person who uses her name to get what she wants, we'll be having problems," he stated, especially when he started hearing a loud feminine voice.

A black-haired girl was watching events unfold as she saw a girl in a red cloak stumble into a girl with white hair who started yelling at the girl in red. She was going to ignore it and continue to head inside before hearing the white-haired girl continue to yell at the girl in red. Sighing lightly, she made her way over towards the two, stiffening for a second when she realized who was talking: Weiss Schnee of the Schnee Dust Company and enemy to her former affiliation: the White Fang. While this happened, she didn't even realize the fox boy who sneaked his way into the academy.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-16-2013, 04:18 AM

Hikari turned bright read and almost cried. "Oh, n-no! That's not it at all! I don't know why I told you my last name, I usually avoid telling people. N-not that I'm ashamed or anything, I j-just think it's easier...everyone always expects me to be some amazing huntress just b-because of my family, and I'm really not that good at all, a-and I hate disappointing people so I j-just don't tell them who I am..." She tried to explain. She would never be one of those snobby girls who used their family name as entitlement. Like that Schnee girl.

Naruto had to pull up short to avoid the next collision, this time a red cloaked girl and a white haired girl. Why was everyone bumping into each other? Just as he thought it, he bumped into a black haired girl who he had overlooked in his attempt to avoid the other two. "Oh, sorry, my fault." He said.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-16-2013, 04:50 AM

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I just wanted to get across that I didn't care about who your family name was. I think the actions make the person, not their name," Areku stated as he started rubbing the back of his head, scratching his snowy locks in embarrassment. His sister always said that he was terrible when it came to expressing himself...as he thought about his sister, a somber expression crossed his face for a few seconds before it quickly vanished. He didn't need to verbally attack her any more than he already did.

Blake was about to tell Weiss Schnee off when she felt someone bump into her. Hearing the boy next to her apologize, she quickly replied saying that it wasn't a problem before turning towards him and asking if he was alright, surprised to see the fox ears on top of his head. Subconsciously reaching up to make sure her ribbon was secure, she let out a soft sigh. It wasn't that she was ashamed of who or what she was, she just didn't want others to stare at her as if she were a slab of meat or had an incurable disease.

Last edited by Phoenix of the Immortal; 12-16-2013 at 07:10 AM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-16-2013, 07:18 AM

"No, no, it's okay. I agree one-hundred percent. So...what's your weapon?" Hikari asked, finding a topic that she was comfortable with. She was a huge weapons geek, having designed and created her own. She was always excited to see new designs and functions.

Naruto rubbed the back of his head, a sheepish grin on his face. "Yeah, I'm fine, dattebayo." He said. He caught her looking at his ears, which twitched a little, and noticed that she was tugging at her ribbon. A very conveniently placed ribbon. "I like your bow." He said pointedly.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-16-2013, 07:49 AM

Areku smirked at the question before bringing out the folded quarterstaff, pressing a button on the middle before it connected to itself and created the mid-range weapon, glad for the change in conversation. "This baby's been in my family for generations...apparently first created when there were shinobi protecting the world from the Grimm," he said though he would hide it's secondary feature for now. "What about you? Got anything you'd like to share Light-chan?" he asked as he quickly gave her a nickname.

Blake heard what the fox said (must...not...make...song joke...) and quickly forced her hand away from the bow that she was playing with. "Thanks," she replied before holding out her hand. "I'm Blake," she said, hoping that he would introduce himself and shake her hand.

Last edited by Phoenix of the Immortal; 01-13-2014 at 06:30 AM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-17-2013, 06:12 AM

Hikari turned red. "Please don't call me that. Ever." She said, seeming torn between anger and sadness. Distracting herself, she took her scissor blades off her back. Pulling them apart with a shing! She held one in each hand by the circular handle. "I designed and made these babies myself. They're my pride and joy." She said.

Naruto stared hard at the ribbon for a moment, then looked away and smiled. "I'm Naruto, nice to meet'cha." He said, shaking her hand enthusiastically.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-17-2013, 06:27 AM

"Aw...why not Light-chan?" he asked with a light smirk as he saw her take off the scissor blades from her back. "Interesting...and you made those yourself?" he asked as he saw the two blades separate, apparent joy in her voice. 'Seems like I'm not the only blade user anymore...' he thought.

"Nice to meet you Naruto," Blake said as she saw Weiss stomp away from the girl in the crimson cloak, shaking her head lightly. "She reminds me to much of her parents and the company that they run," she muttered softly.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-18-2013, 04:52 AM

Hikari nodded, seeming proud for the first time rather than timid. "With my own two hands." She said, then narrowed her eyes. It seemed that the nickname really bothered her. "Do not. Call. Me. That." She said sternly. "I do not ask for much, out of anyone. But this is one thing I can not tolerate. I do not want to be angry with you, Areku-san."

Naruto turned to look at what she was talking about, and saw the white haired girl stomping around. He suddenly recognized her, and scoffed. "She's just a spoiled brat, dattebayo. Hopefully, this school with knock some reality into her." He said.

((Seriously, no light-chan. Wolfie doesn't like that, ever since reading Deathnote. It just seems like an omen, or an insult. Wolfie knows that seems odd, even stupid, but it's just...chalk it up to superstition and OCD.))

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-18-2013, 05:17 AM

(alright, I won't have Ark say it again, unless it's to get her attention in a life or death situation or something like that, if it's okay)

"I apologize Hikari-chan," Areku said as he apologized, a sheepish chuckle escaping from his mouth. "Though that's quite impressive, to make your own weapon like that," he added somberly.

"I hope," she replied before reaching her hand down to help the crimson clad female up to her feet, wondering who she was, especially since she seemed so young to be joining Beacon Academy.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-19-2013, 06:00 AM

((No, not even then. Please. Please.))

Hikari relaxed a bit and smiled. "I-it's not that impressive, really. Plenty of people make their own." She said humbly. "I think it's far more interesting to have a weapon so steeped in history."

Naruto folded his arms behind his head. "Hey, you okay? That Schnee girl was really nasty." he said.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-19-2013, 10:08 PM

(Understood. Also, sorry about last night. Was feeling very sick. In fact, I got up around 1630 today ^^;; )

Areku raised an eyebrow at that. "If you say so," he responded with a light shrug. He honestly didn't think it was that impressive to be honest, but decided not to say anything. "So...why can't I call you by that name Hikari-chan?" he asked, completely curious.

"I'll be fine, but thank you," the girl said as she took Blake's hand and stood up. Once she was finished brushing the dust off of her clothes, she told the two that her name was Ruby, and asked for both of their names.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-20-2013, 05:43 AM

((Oh, that's okay. But, um...1630? What's that?))

Hikari looked away, her gaze seeming far off. "It just holds bad memories for me, that's all." She said evasively. Obviously she wasn't comfortable talking about it, especially with a near stranger.

Naruto grinned. "Nice to meet'cha, Ruby. My name is Naruto, and don't forget it. I'm gonna be the best hunter the world has ever seen, dattebayo!" He bragged happily, with his thousand-watt smile.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-20-2013, 05:51 AM

(4:30 pm...*sweatdrop*)

"Sorry, I won't bring it up again then," Ark said before seeing Ozpin at the front gates, most likely to give some sort of speech.

"It's nice to meet you Ruby, my name is Blake," Blake said, rolling her eyes as to what Naruto said. "If you continue to boast like that, people won't take you seriously Naruto."

Last edited by Phoenix of the Immortal; 12-20-2013 at 06:59 AM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-21-2013, 05:28 AM

((Oh... sorry, Wolfie's not familiar with the 24-hour based timetable.))

Hikari nodded and smiled. "Thanks." She said, before noticing the headmaster waiting to give some kind of speech. "Oh! Th-the headmaster!" She was awed.

Naruto's ears flattened to his head. "Wait...really? Aw, man! Well, maybe after it happens I can brag more." He said, bouncing back quickly. Nothing kept him down for long.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-21-2013, 05:49 AM

(not a problem)

"You're welcome," he replied, though would start to think of a suitable nickname that he could call her during battle, if they were partnered up that was. He knew that his parents were once great hunters and huntresses...just like the rest of his family. 'I will find her...if it's the last thing I do,' he thought to himself before noticing the headmaste about ready to give a speech.

"It's possible Naruto," Ruby said with a light smile on her face before seeing two people up top, one a male and the other a female, both she recognized after dealing with that Dust thief.

Blake opened her mouth for a second before closing it, already getting use to the bold, and sometimes stupid, claims that the foxboy made. Shaking her head lightly so as to not dash either of their hopes, she waited for the headmaster, Professor Ozpin, and his assistant, Glynda. "Quiet," she added with a light hiss, knowing that the two could get into huge trouble if they missed out on what was heard, not realizing that she did something to give away what she was.

Last edited by Phoenix of the Immortal; 12-21-2013 at 07:37 AM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-23-2013, 05:01 AM

Waiting for the headmaster and his assistant to speak, Hikari leaned over slightly and whispered, "My friends call me Kari-chan. Or they would, if I had any."

Naruto's eyes widened at the hiss, his earlier suspicions confirmed that she was some kind of Faunice. A cat, maybe? I wonder what that bow is hiding... He thought.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-23-2013, 06:14 AM

"Then Kari-chan it is,"he said with a soft smirk. After that, he shut up as Professor Ozpin started to talk, explaining the Hunters and Huntresses of old, and how they first became teams before becoming famous. Once he was finished, he grinned lightly. "Interesting...seems like we'll be tested first before being let in," he thought out loud.

(Phoenix has to admit that he forgets exactly what the speech was about *sweatdrop* and hopes that this is okay enough.)

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-23-2013, 06:54 AM

((lol that's fine. Wolfie doesn't remember, either. ))

Hikari listened intently as the headmaster explained everything. Her attention was most caught, however, by his last statement. "A test? What kind of test would that be?" She wondered aloud.

Naruto crossed his arms and grinned. "I can handle any test. Bring it on, dattebayo. I can't wait to find out who my team mates are gonna be!" He said enthusiastically.

((Wolfie had a thought. What if the final team member's name started with an "A" so that it could be "Team Hana" It's not much but since Hana is Japanese for flower, it seemed like a possibility...))