Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 11-06-2011, 12:37 PM

Ok, so everyone who's been to my quest thread or exchange shop knows how in love I am with the adorable-ness of Baby Yan - have been since he slowly surfaced and then was actually made available for adoption at the last event. Unfortunately I wasn't able to participate in the last event due to a harsh semester at college, but now I'm able to get into the workshop and build myself a Baby Yan! He'll be helping me build Candy Cakes after he's created, though I have a sneaking suspicion his mischievous little fingers may snap up some of the candy and eat it before I can make cakes out of it! ;)

LET THE CREATION BEGIN!!!! <3

First, I got a present in the mail!

What was inside? A BUILD-ABLE BABY YAN!

Much to Yan's excitement, I got started right away!

With a little love and care, my Yan grew pretty little arms! (Though they were put to devilish use!)

Once Baby Yan got arms there was no stopping him! Instead of helping me make the candy cakes, he started taking the candy and hoarding it in his little present box!

Ah well, at least the little squirt had some fun! He'll be regretting it later when he has a wittle tummy ache, though! ;)

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 11-06-2011 at 01:29 PM..

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 11-06-2011, 09:44 PM

Can I post!? He's so cute! That was an adorable little story Emma! <3

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 11-06-2011, 11:22 PM

Of course you can post! :D

Awwww - thank you!
He was really fun to make!
I had to take pics with my cellphone because I was at work when I made him - but I thought he came out so adorable when I was done!
And work was how I came up with the story ;)
After he was made, I left him to eat candy and went and stored the rest of it in a high place (aka, those silver shelves you see in the back room) so he couldn't snatch any more LOL
It took 3 of the 5 shelves for candy alone, and another shelf for food stuffs (like cocoa, cider, single serving chips/cookies etc.) - it was crazyyyyyyyy how much there was!
I mean, it looked like a lot in the bags, but danggggg - it was way more than I thought!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 04:38 AM

Emma Corrin:

Eek, I think your Yan currently breaks a very specific rule :sweat:

Quote:
You have to make him yourself. A small modification to an already made item won't be acceptable (for example, a ready made Yan-shaped object that you have just stuck some limbs to and drawn a face on).
The body is too skinny and tall to be Yan, too, if you make the body more Yan-like (and give him some legs) you'll be golden :yes:

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 11-07-2011, 12:24 PM

I did make him, actually o.O; -confused-
The styrofoam is made up of different pieces that I stuck together - if you look closely there is plastic on some but not on others - I used what I had available at the shop :3
I gouged out the ball on top, made it fit into the cone, and then secured it there :3
So it's not a ready made piece, it's just out of ready made pieces (styrofoam, marker, skewers, candy, etc.) - but I had to mess with them to get the shapes I needed as well as when I was securing them to make them look more like a head and a body :3

As for the skinniness, I'm afraid that's all I have :(
It's the only thing in my shop small enough to be usable without cutting and ruining expensive supplies - and it's about 7in. high :3
(The rules stated he had to be at least 6in, but didn't give a max height, just a min height requirement)
As for the legs - he has them, they're just hidden within the box - I made it so that he's standing in his present box hoarding all of the candy around him like a dragon would to a pile of gold and jewels :3

I'm afraid I don't have time to make another Baby Yan, though - If you still feel he's not up to code etc, I'm afraid I'll just have to try and buy him or try again if you have another contest for him because I need to focus on my store that's opening in a week and I just don't have the materials or the extra time to remake him :(
I was lucky enough to have some downtime yesterday morning to sit and make him before starting actually working lol