Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2018, 04:47 AM

This was why Mitch hated humans. That sly smirk, the cry for power and domination over those who would oppose him. It seemed, for now, their enemies might be the same people. The question was still raised in Mitch's mind, could this man be trusted? The information it would take, to achieve Mitch's, was not something so easily given out. Another thing, was Mitch willing to again give up freedom to protect Cliff?

Yes.

There was no a doubt in Mitch's mind that Cliff was worth relinquishing freedom for.

Thaddeus began to come uncomfortably close and Mitch took a step back until there was nowhere left to go. Pinned against the bookshelf Mitch grabbed one of the few books as a precaution. "Please step back." Mitch did not like to be crowded it never ended well. "There is only one thing I desire, the safety and protection of a specific elf by the name of Cliff Hawthorn. As soon as I am sure that he is completely beyond harm's reach, I will willingly become your tool." Mitch was aware that it was possible that Cliff was dead, but even in that instance, if Thaddeus discovered that and Mitch could verify it, the elf would still stay true to their bargain. "Do we have a deal?"

Though one hand was outstretched in the human custom of "shaking on it" Mitch still clung tightly to the book. Masters were tricky and it was not smart to trust one as far as you could throw one.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-20-2018, 07:30 PM

Thaddeus held Mitch's gaze for another second longer before he shifted back to allow him space. It wasn't that he meant to crowd threateningly close to the elf or force his hand, but that Thaddeus tended to forget just how imposing he could be especially with his height. The steel in his gaze didn't help either. However, at Mitch's request, he found curiosity coloring his expression instead. "Another elf?" He tilted his head, considering this. He wasn't sure what he expected from Mitch, but he did seem far off with his assumption that freedom would be his first priority. Instead, it was something far more complicated. Still, Thaddeus wouldn't say no.

"We do," he answered finally, not realizing just how long he paused in silence to run through scenarios in his head. No, no, he shouldn't speculate all by himself. It would serve him better to ask questions directly. After he shook Mitch's hand, he stepped away, pacing in an almost ambling manner as he thought. "Who is this Cliff Hawthorn? Since you've requested it, I will move the forces of the world in order to find him, but I have no idea what I am looking for yet. Is he a friend?" He looked at Mitch again, finding that his curiosity could not be contained. "Actually, I do have one condition on this deal. I won't life a hand until you tell me why you want to save this elf too much. If you lie, I'll know. I won't accept it if I'm not convinced." He didn't know why he cared so much when it was just a step in his ladder of a plan, but it did matter. Or it would later, though he had no idea how yet.

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-20-2018, 07:50 PM

Mitch relaxed as he took a step back and released the book back to it’s shelf. Mitch watched him carefully. Was it okay to tell this man about Cliff? Well there wasn’t much choice was there. Straightening up Mitch looked closely at Thaddeus. “Cliff is my brother.” It was the full and complete truth. Mitch had once given up freedom to save Cliff from slaves, what was it to do the same a second time?

((Sorry it is short, I didn’t have to much to say))

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-05-2018, 08:45 PM

(It's okay. ^^)

A faint smile twitched over Thaddeus' lips. He felt pleased to get what he wanted, but also pleased to understand a little more of the puzzle that was Mitch. So that was it. Not a lover or a prince, but family. As a man without any himself, he couldn't understand it at his core, but he knew the ties that family could have, having watched its affect in others. "Very well," he hummed after a second of silence. "I accept your answer and will do as you want. If you can give me any idea as to where he might be now or the last time you saw this brother of yours, then it will help me greatly." He paced a short circle around the room, his eyes already turning toward the door. He would like to start searching immediately, always the sort of man that took thrill in a chase and left nothing for tomorrow.

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2018, 03:57 PM

"Andraste, last year when I traded my freedom for his," Mitch said in a strong but flat tone. This seemed to be a habit, this elf sacrificing everything to protect a family member, to protect this specific family member. Though he had turned Mitch stared at him intently, it was the only thing that could be done to prevent the memories from flooding back. Andraste was the name it had gone by for the elves in the past when the city had been a beckon of hope for the future. It had been the largest elven city, and it had also been the last to fall. In the final fights of the war, Andraste had been protected with the vigor of the elves' last stand, but their moral code to not kill was what had gotten them in the end. It fell.

Mitch could remember still fighting to the end, still trying to push back, but, with all the others, Mitch had been rounded up, as had Cliff, and they watched their city burn to the ground. The city had once held 5,000 elves, 20 had been lucky enough to be captured and only 10 of them made it to the slave market. Cliff was the only one that had escaped, Mitch still bore the guilt of that. Being crafty and having no self-interest, Mitch had made a plan that would never have worked for both of them, but Cliff had escaped and that was all that mattered.

The city no longer stood, and many humans had taken to calling it the Valley of death, no animal dared set foot in that part of the forest and so the silence was broken only by the occasional howling wind which many believed to sound like the mournful sobs of the dead. They claimed it to be haunted. Mitch knew the truth was that the forest could not survive without magic, nothing would grow as long as there were no elves to take care of it. It wouldn't be an easy task to traverse that area, but this man seemed just arrogant enough to ignore the warnings and search anyway if it meant getting his prize.

By this point, Mitch had relaxed and was leaning against the bookshelf with heavy-lidded eyes. Thaddeus paced in front. Though it would be most beneficial to start searching now, the adrenalin, from Thaddeus getting imposingly close, had worn off and Mitch was beginning to feel the weight of captivity once again. The elf's eyes began to slide closed, as if in contemplation, but it was really just weariness.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-18-2018, 10:29 PM

Thaddeus grimaced slightly at the mention of Andraste. He couldn't just ride there overnight and do his own investigations. It seemed that he would have to pay more of his dwindling money in order to do this investigation. Still, he couldn't very well skimp now. He'd invested too much, both physically and mentally, into his own plans. "Very well. I'll send for information in that region. Elven sympathizers in the area may have word and I still have men loyal to me in the trade industry. Although Mitch had thrown him for quite a curveball with his request, Thaddeus still took it all in stride.

After a second, he turned back to look at the elf, silently observing Mitch's relaxed state. Well, it was to the expected. "I'll leave you to rest then, since I have work to do. If I find any leads, I may have to ride out unexpectedly, but I doubt that will happen so soon. Expect dinner at eight. If you need additional amenities for the room, let me know then." With that, Thaddeus spun on his heel and exited the room. He couldn't afford to stand around and chat aimlessly for hours on end. Mitch was still his pet and he had not forgotten that. However, once this request was underway, he could start his own plans. Until then, he would just lock the door behind him, not yet ready to trust an elf with too much to gain by open doors.

Now, who should he send out to the Valley of Death? Ah, of course. "Anatolie," Thaddeus called as he approached the single butler still attending in the mansion of his home. "Send word to Zacharia for me. Let them know I have a job..."

Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-19-2018, 05:39 AM

As soon as Thaddeus was gone Mitch sighed and leaned against the wall, two minutes of resting, and Mitch counted it down to the second. Any more and it would be to easy to simply fall asleep, but other things had to be attended to.

1.... 2.... 3....

The room had once been a dungeon it seemed but had mostly been hollowed out. The space was large but there was very little in here. I bed, a bath and a book shelf with books on it, none of which seemed to draw Mitch's immediate interest but they might be enough to distract the mind.

46.... 47.... 48....

The bed did not look comfortable and was a metal frame, it would be impossible to break it apart even at full strength. There was a blanket and sheets on the bed, that could be used for the time being until Mitch could get a proper med kit, though it seemed this man probably did not have the money to purchase one. Why spend so much money on an elf when your whole house was in disarray. A point of foolish pride, but could Mitch really blame him?

83.... 84.... 85...

The tub did not look like it was connected to any plumbing but maybe Mitch was wrong, that would have to be investigated after Mitch slept but even still the water would be useful for very little. It was good that Mitch had not seen a single camera in this room. It was not comfortable to live life constantly watched like some criminal.

118... 119.... 120.

Mitch pushed up off of the wall and walked to the bed, stripping it and pulling off the sheet. It took some leverage from the bed but eventually Mitch had shredded the sheet into fine strips and had lied them back along the bed again before beginning to strip. Mitch took off bloodied bandages that had not been visible under the long sleeved slaves clothing, then began to re bandage the areas with the sheet strips, leaving the bloodied pile by the bath tub. With proper sterilization they could be reused in the future.

Once fully bandaged again Mitch began to stretch, loosening muscles that had been tight for much to long. Then a few minutes of meditation, but that lasted very short as Mitch knew sleep would be much more important. After climbing into bed, it was only seconds before Mitch was sound asleep under the cover. The moment someone walked into the room Mitch would be awake again. Paranoia was a terrible thing, it did not allow someone to truly rest.