Mene Switchboard
。◕‿◕...
Staff Envoy

Old 07-07-2011, 04:13 PM

Welcome to the Mene Runway! This forum is a place to save and display all of the marvelous avatars you've created. Use your Runway thread to flaunt your favorite layering tricks, share avatar tips, and most of all, show off your favorite outfits to your fellow Menewshans!

Runway Rules
We don't want to bludgeon you to death with extra rules, but there are a few things we need you to know about this forum:
  • One thread per user. You are welcome to make a joint thread with a friend, but this will count as your "one thread" for both of you ~ you will have to PM a Moderator to close your joint thread before you can start an individual one.
  • Be courteous when visiting others' threads. A Runway thread is not an open invitation for criticism. Even if you think you're simply being helpful, the person on the receiving end may feel insulted. Before you critique, be sure the person actually wants feedback. (If they haven't said so in their threads, ask!)
  • Be mindful of extra images. We aren't going to start off restricting art in Runway threads, but if you find yourself adding a ton of extra images to your thread for decoration, please add an "Image Heavy" warning in your thread title so that those with slower computers and connections don't die of anticipation while waiting for your thread to load. ;-) Remember the purpose of the Runway is for you to have somewhere to save your favourite outfits. A better place to display your avatar art might be your quest thread. :)
  • And please, follow the Site Rules too! If you are unsure of something, PM a Moderator - they're here to help!
.. that should do it. If issues arise, the staff will add to/change these as necessary. Have fun! :-)

Runway F.A.Q.
Q. I'm kind of lost as to what goes in a Runway Thread.. halp?
A. Our primary vision in creating this forum was for it to be a place for users to be able to display their avatars, while giving each person control and creative freedom over their own thread. Sometimes you make an amazing outfit and are afraid you won't be able recreate it; you might have a nostalgic avatar you want to remember (i.e. "this was my first complete outfit") or maybe you just want to show off your skills and share your expertise with others. Some ideas for things to include in your thread: outfits by theme, neat hair colors you've made (including the hex codes), layering tricks you've discovered, item shopping advice, links to your friends' Runway threads, etc. Be creative and have fun with it!

Q. I'm setting up my thread and the site keeps merging my reserve posts together! How can I stop this?
A. From jellysundae:
Quote:
If you want to reserve posts for a permanent thread such as a shop, a quest or a hangout, here's what you have to do.

You need to use the main reply window for this, not quick reply, so click on the post reply button , then scroll down and check the override double post box for each post that you want to make.

Last edited by BellyButton; 07-17-2011 at 06:08 PM..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 07-17-2011, 01:20 AM

This is such a cool idea! I think I may have to make one of these today. Thanks guys!

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 07-17-2011, 01:25 AM

I will surely do one of these well I get out of my lazy stage

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:19 AM

This is a fantastic idea, I'm really glad Mene decided to create this sort of forum. *rummages through closet* I can't wait to start my thread!

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 08-03-2011, 06:26 AM

Is this based of *Hime*'s thread where she have everyone a post of there avi's?

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 09-20-2015, 09:45 PM

I have a question, Can we close out an old runway thread and start a new one??

~Aimee~: or any admin who gets to this.