Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-07-2018, 12:14 AM

Yes! I absolutely loved it. Especially when all of the moon drawings were together and they found the rumored extra drawing!! Kind of awkward that it was her ancestor and they kind of had a crush on each other, or in his case love (but he didn't really grasp it, but she definitely did), but still a great story and plot development I felt. :3

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-07-2018, 12:26 AM

it wasn't her ancestor, it was her, herself, when she went back in time due to the device. It was definitely good plot and character development as well as having a great story.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-07-2018, 01:19 AM

No I didn't mean ancestor as in her lol I meant Galileo - he's her ancestor - I didn't feel he really grasped that, but she fully knew he was her ancestor :3 Just very awkward how they set it up because they're kinda cute but then you remember she's his descendant and you're like okay, little awkward and mixed feelings here lol!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-08-2018, 09:06 PM

I decided to start watching Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi after finishing Fushigi Yugi - it's really good so far! Kind of reminds me of Spirited Away & The Ancient Magus' Bride. I love how the ending scenes/songs change based on the characters introduced as well! Really awesome touch :3

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-08-2018, 10:57 PM

I see your point now, little misunderstanding on my part. And I'm two eps of Bed and Breakfast for Spirits (aka Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi) and I love Ai-chan.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-09-2018, 06:35 PM

Bwahaha no worries!! <3
I don't think it took away from the show though to be honest - just a few mixed feelings at the end, but the storyline and drawing reveal were awesome and totally unexpected until you got to those scenes! I really love how it all came full circle :3 I just wish she wasn't his descendant lol!!

Right?? She's awesome - she has such a depth of personality as you go on - each new character kind of brings out another side of her - I feel like they all sort of grow when interacting with each other as well! Each episode you kind of learn something new, or maybe adjust how you see a certain character. It's definitely a new favorite of mine for sure!
I'm already caught up with the simulcast too - I was hooked

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-13-2018, 04:56 AM

I definitely agree with you there on that one. And it's nice to see that she's finally starting to have feelings for the Master...

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-13-2018, 07:43 PM

Agreed. I also love that it's not really forced, but rather kind of gradually developing as she's living in the Hidden Realm and she's getting to know him. I sooooo want to know more about her childhood, her parents, and the akayashi she met as a child because somehow he/she knew that Aoi would see them again as an adult. So like, HOW. I need answers!! There better be a concrete flashback episode or I'll be frustrated - I'll even take it as an OVA at this point LOL!

While I was waiting for a new episode to air I watched Bonjour♪Koiaji Pâtisserie and Danchigai, and am currently watching Dog Days :3

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-15-2018, 05:34 AM

Aoi thinks that Ginji is the one that saved her, but something tells me that isn't right. I haven't read the manga yet, but I'm quite intrigued by the relationship she had with her grandfather before he passed away, especially since all the akayashi portray him more in a negative light than a positive one. I don't really care about her mother since she left Aoi and wanted her to die. some sort of maternal psychosis I believe, but not entirely sure there and we know nothing about her father, most likely not being there in the first place.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-18-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Agreed. I also love that it's not really forced, but rather kind of gradually developing as she's living in the Hidden Realm and she's getting to know him. I sooooo want to know more about her childhood, her parents, and the akayashi she met as a child because somehow he/she knew that Aoi would see them again as an adult. So like, HOW. I need answers!! There better be a concrete flashback episode or I'll be frustrated - I'll even take it as an OVA at this point LOL!

While I was waiting for a new episode to air I watched Bonjour♪Koiaji Pâtisserie and Danchigai, and am currently watching Dog Days :3
I just watched episode 20 of Kakuriyo and...DAMN IT MASTER, YOU COULD HAVE KISSED AOI THERE!!!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 11-02-2018, 03:51 AM

Watched several episode of Hataraku Saibo with my friend a few weeks ago, it's pretty fun though I keep thinking that at the rate they're going the host is going to die soon with all of that happening to them all the time.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 12-17-2018, 06:23 AM

Zombieland Saga. In the first episode, a schoolgirl want to sign up for an idol audition, She exits her house, form in hand, intending to drop it off on the way to school... and gets hit by a truck less then five seconds later.

And then she wakes up ten years later to find that she's a zombie(with no memory of her previous existence) who was reanimated by a idiotic pretty-boy necromancer along with several other "legendary" girls in order to form an idol group to bring attention to the prefecture they reside in.

Yeah. It's weird. But good.

Crimson Fang
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Fang Send a message via MSN to Crimson Fang

Old 01-27-2020, 10:59 PM

I am up to date with One Piece and My Hero Academia, I roughly watch their new episodes when they are available each Sunday. During the week I am watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I am still really early on into JoJo so it will keep me occupied for a while.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-01-2020, 11:45 PM

I've been on a binge, but I'm currently finishing up Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga. I really love how they originally ended Blue Exorcist and still find it more fitting than Kyoto Saga, but Kyoto Saga was a nice alternate ending. Never read the manga, but I hear the original was way different and Kyoto Saga is the ending "it should have had". It's a great season, but after having watched the original ending I'm finding the development just lacking in so many ways. The original just had more depth! :( I do really love seeing Suguro's background, though, and learning this side of the series. If the two had merged (if the original were given more time....) I think it would have been a really kickass ending!

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-11-2020, 02:31 AM

I just watched a new show a few days ago. I think. I think I'm blocking it out because
it wasn't very good.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 04-11-2020, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namune View Post
I just watched a new show a few days ago. I think. I think I'm blocking it out because
it wasn't very good.
Do you remember what the name of it was by chance?

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-11-2020, 03:24 AM

I'm currently watching something else on Netflix, and my recent watches on Hulu are Flying Witch and Fire Force. I think maybe Fire Force has been a let down. It was a great premise, but the overall execution was meh.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 04-13-2020, 05:33 AM

Quote:
I'm currently watching something else on Netflix, and my recent watches on Hulu are Flying Witch and Fire Force. I think maybe Fire Force has been a let down. It was a great premise, but the overall execution was meh.
Haven't heard of Flying witch...is it a Hulu exclusive?

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-14-2020, 12:11 AM

No, I don't believe so. It's a pretty delightful slow burn; a more modern take on Kiki's Delivery Service. It's not perfect, which is why I haven't finished it yet, but it's still a good sit. The thing I'm curious about is why being a witch has to be a secret in this whereas everyone was familiar with witches in the original Ghibli film.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 04-14-2020, 11:24 PM

Quote:
No, I don't believe so. It's a pretty delightful slow burn; a more modern take on Kiki's Delivery Service. It's not perfect, which is why I haven't finished it yet, but it's still a good sit. The thing I'm curious about is why being a witch has to be a secret in this whereas everyone was familiar with witches in the original Ghibli film.
Interesting...I'll see about giving it a watch then once I catch up on a few things. So much to catch up on... plus all the new stuff too...*sigh*

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2020, 12:30 AM

After I finish Supernatural I'm gonna bust into some anime. Don't know which yet.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 04-15-2020, 05:45 AM

Yay, another friend who likes Supernatural!

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2020, 03:08 PM

Ehhhhh not really. I'm starting to like it more, as of season 11 it seems to have gotten back on track. Season 12 feels just like the old days. The lack of melodrama is glorious.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 04-22-2020, 09:32 PM

that's fair.

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-22-2020, 10:15 PM

I've finished up to 14 now and I'm wondering when anyone will release 15.