View Poll Results: What kind of internet connection do you have?
Dial-up... T_T 2 13.33%
Broadban. ^^; 7 46.67%
Wireless! ^_^ 5 33.33%
Other? >.< 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-02-2008, 06:03 PM

So! Dial-up! I'm not sure if a topic has been made about this before but I don't think I've ever seen one...

Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who's still stuck with dial-up! So Menewsha, what kind of internet to do you have? Are there any other people still stuck with this sort of connection?

As for me, I've been stuck with dial-up FOREVER. And I will be too... T_T

My mom and I have tried numerous times to get some sort of better internet through Verizon or Time Warner Cable and so on but the problem is that no one has run any of the necessary cables up my road! I live like five minutes out of town and like a minute up the road from Route 16, the main road around here. It's so hard for me to understand sometimes how the people literally like one house down can get better internet but I can't. T_T

The only way I would be able to get better internet would be to go through a dish company... Something like Huges Net? The only thing is that sort of connection is really, really expensive (or at least a lot more than my mom and I can afford).

So Menewsha! What's your opinion on your internet?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 06-02-2008, 06:11 PM

I've got DSL.
My boyfriend still has dial-up, though. He has basically the same problem as you.
His area has been promising to get the wiring and stuff soon for years. But it's yet to happen.

Kiri Rose
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Kiri Rose Send a message via MSN to Kiri Rose Send a message via Yahoo to Kiri Rose

Old 06-02-2008, 06:13 PM

My internet is perfectly fine and it's wireless, it's just my laptop that is the one that has it in for me. There is one or two times where my net disconnects me but it doesn't do it all the time.

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 06-02-2008, 06:35 PM

I'm gonna give this a helpful nudge in the right direction into the Computer forum :)

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-02-2008, 06:51 PM

Oh, thanks! I guess I never realized that forum existed.... T_T

applepie54
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-02-2008, 09:08 PM

i used to have dial-up for a long time so i know how you feel but i got a laptop recently so now i have wireless and my boyfriend has always had cable internet.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-03-2008, 02:51 AM

Ah... Yeah. My boyfriend has wireless at his house but he lives like 7 or 8ish hours away from me so I can't really leech it off of him... T_T

PupJc
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2008, 07:58 PM

My internet is fine except its encrypted (how do you spell?) and I can't connect wireless without a code that I dont know.... Only my dad knows and he wont tell me....

Nii Amikasame
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-03-2008, 01:02 PM

I'm on DSL, thankfully. I used to be on dial-up too, and I tell you, it ain't the most pleasant thing when you're playing MMORPGs. x.x;

Terra517
*^_^*

Old 07-03-2008, 03:59 PM

I've got a DSL. I used to have dial-up but that was many many years ago when I was much younger. ^_^

DSL works great for me and its fast so I don't have to worry about slow loads or downloads. When I did have dial up I had Netzero. It was popular then and there were ads that made it free or something and then later upgraded netzero to a no ad and dial-up internet. Then my mom upgraded to DSL.
The PC is connected to it while the laptop is wireless.
^_^

Yamapi-Ttun
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-15-2008, 03:39 AM

Im stuck with dial up when im at my house. I can access wireless sometimes. Mostly when i go to town to listen to my grandpa play music with his friends. When i go back to college then i will be on wireless all the time. I dont even try to download anything at home. I wait til i can access wireless before i watch anything on youtube or other sites. That goes the same for downloading anything

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Sanoko Send a message via MSN to Sanoko Send a message via Yahoo to Sanoko

Old 08-05-2008, 01:28 AM

I'm stuck with dail-up.

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 08-05-2008, 08:02 AM

Wow that really sucks. x_x I know someone who had a similar problem to you, where dial up was the only kind of internet available in his location even when high speed was being used nearly everywhere else. But it finally became available there and he got better internet, but he waited quite a long time. So hopefully someone will eventually do something about it in your area. I think I'd try complaining to the companies or something and make them realize they are missing out on potential customers. I have DSL wireless but sometimes when stuff goes wrong and it stops working or anything I grab a phone cord and just use dial up, because I'd rather have slow internet than no internet at all. And sometimes when I go on vacation we'll get a cheap dial up service to use because I just can't stand to be without internet. So I have to put up with dial up every now and then.

Kasumi
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Kasumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kasumi

Old 08-05-2008, 01:09 PM

I used to have Dial-Up but little over a year ago I switched to Cable.

SnowBunny
Rico's Angel

Old 08-06-2008, 06:02 AM

I feel for everyone still with dial up. Seems like a cruel and unusual punishment.I have DSL myself,and I admit I am spoiled to it.

Shrimp_Man
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Shrimp_Man Send a message via Yahoo to Shrimp_Man

Old 08-10-2008, 07:41 AM

I had Dial up until about November of 2005 where I got DSL and I am so glad I have it. I never want to go back to the hell that is Dial up. I truly feel sorry for those that can't get better net access.