flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to flamethrower1391

Old 05-06-2013, 01:07 AM

Halloween is just around the corner. Why not dress up as a ghoul or fairy princess and come to the Halloween Bash at the Wellington mansion. There will be games, food, and maybe even prizes. Nothing could be more fun than scaring the crap out of each other in the haunted maze. We'll be waiting for you.

Sir Michael Wellington III

The Curse (1634):
Sir Michael Wellington III was an arrogant bastard. He looked out only for himself and no one else. After his father's funeral, an elderly man, who smelled of mud and death, knocked on the door. The guards, with their bows and swords pointed at the man, refused to let him by until the new king shooed them off. The guards stayed put, however, in case of any assassination attempts.

The man felt generous toward the king. The boy had just saved his life. He bowed toward the king before speaking. "Thank you for saving my life, sir, but I have a proportion for you."

The king was intrigued. What could such a homeless man give him? But he listened anyways.

"I will give you all the riches in the word if you give me your beautiful wife. She is said to have eyes that glisten like diamonds and shimmering, soft hair."

The king laughed at the man. It was obvious that he didn't have any riches. The man was weak and wore rags. "I am sorry, but I have to decline. You do not have any riches, and I will not allow you to take my wife. Even if you had any, I might not let her go. Now if you asked for my first born, I would not have minded, since my wife can bear more children."

The man was appalled by this. With a hand raised in the air, and all of the guards advancing on him, he cursed the king and his children. "Any child born to you will be a monster excluding your first child. The curse will not be broken until everyone of your children has accepted someone as their mate and is accepted in return."

From that day forth, every child was born a different monster: vampire, lycan, necromancer, fairy, everything. Only the first stayed human, but became immortal like the rest.

Masquerade Ball (2011):
Sir Michael Wellington III set up the ball in hopes that his many children would find someone to spend the rest of their lives with. They all hated him for the curse that was put on them because of their father's behavior towards that old man.

He invited everyone he knew or heard of from every race. He felt bad for what he did to his children, but it wasn't remorse for them. It was remorse for himself. His wife couldn't deal with seeing her children looking like monsters, so she left, but would return this night to see if her children could find their soulmates.

Everyone believed they are long descendents of the king rather than the actual family who lived during the 15th century. None who arrived at the ball could believe it when they found out the truth.

Some found loves, others flings, some nothing at all. Sir Wellington was found to have put a hit out on a group of were-bears who lived in the woods nearby. Confronted by the leader, he cowered. Some of his children felt they should protect him while the rest felt he deserved what was coming.

Eventually in the end, the two were able to compromise. Everyone at the ball left to go their separate ways.

Halloween Bash (2013):

Another attempt by Sir Wellington to find mates for his children. Invites have been sent out, the mansion has been decorated, and the food has been prepared. All that is need are the guests.

Who will show up? Will the curse be broken? Can he keep the family secret a secret this time? Has Sir Wellington finally cared about someone else other than himself? Who knows.

Setting:
It's Halloween night, and the moon is shining bright. Everyone's arriving in horse-drawn carriages with four people piled into one while the showfers (sp?) park their cars in a nearby parking lot at the bottom of the mountain. They will climb up the mountain and cross the bridge to the Wellington mansion to begin their spooky night.

Rules:
1. Follow all Menewsha rules.
2. No OOC fighting.
3. Romance is allowed, but has to be PG-13.
4. Please report when you are leaving the RP or can't get on for sometime, so we don't assume you went missing.
5. PM profiles as "Am I Cursed?".
6. This RP is semi-lit. That means full paragraphs with complete sentences, correct grammar and punctuation. Mistakes happen and are acceptable as long as it doesn't happen a lot. No one-liners, please.
7. If you don't follow the rules, I'll give you a warning. The third time, I kick you out.
8. To reserve a character, post on the OOC thread which one you want reserved.
9. Drama is encouraged, so there can be more than one person from the same species under guests.
10. I can add more rules later.
11. I'd like the ratio between males and females to be even.
12. Reserves only last a week so get them in fast.
13. If I'm not on in a while, my second-in-command (who will be decided at a later date) will take over until my return.

Characters Needed/Taken/Reserved:

Wellingtons

Sir Michael Wellington III: flamethrower1391
Codette Wellington: Codette

*Merpeople have legs for the ball. Their fins will only show if they get wet, but that doesn't mean that your charrie should get wet and cause drama. Also, fairies and pixies are human sized for the night.

Skeletons:
[img] (Anime or real) [/img]
Username:
Name:
Race: (Vampire, druid, monkey?)
Personality:
Bio: (A nice paragraph at the least, please)
Halloween Costume: (url form, please)
Extra: (anything you forgot and need to mention)

Accepted Profiles

Wellingtons

Username: flamethrower1391

Name: Sir Michael Wellington III

Sexuality: Straight

Race: Human

Personality: Arrogant, duh. Still cares about himself over others, but is trying to change.

Bio: His wife and him were arranged to be married many years ago as was custom. A curse was put on his entire family for his insolence. He had twelve children over the years, each one a monster but the first. Many tried killing him and his family. During the 18th century, his wife left him. She couldn't bare to be with the man that turned her children into freaks who'd never be loved.He tried fixing what he did only because he was sick of living. He cared about his children, but not enough to cover up his selfishness. After the events that night, he realized that he'd lose his entire family if he didn't start caring for them. He decided to throw a Halloween party to be reunited with his children and to meet some of his grandchildren for the first time.

Halloween Costume: The clothes in his picture.

Extras: None.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codette

Username:Codette
Name: Codette Wellington
Sexuality: bi-sexual but in a straight relationship
Race: Necromancer
Personality: Smart and smart-mouthed, less flirtatious than year ago, but just as deadly. Incredibly loving and protective towards Kaleb, and the family members that she had built a connection with.
Bio: Codette was born under the Wellington Curse, not to have her form changed, but to be filled with a strange and dark magic. Necromancy. Through years of study she has trained her mind to find spells and incantations like a book, to summon spirits of the dead and demons. Her lack of society propriety worried her mother to no end.

However at last years ball, something incredible happened. She found love with a guest, Kaleb Girma, a Were-Hyena. Together they travel to-and-from the Wellington home-and Codettes library/study-, to Kalebs beloved Africa. Learning, teaching, exploring and experiencing, has given the wild soul leashed inside her, the ability to be free and grow.

Coming back now for the Halloween ball, she wonders how her family will react to how she's grown in just a year.
Halloween Costume: Dress
mask

Last edited by flamethrower1391; 05-10-2013 at 04:12 PM..