Drexy4ever
Don't start nothin', won't be no...

Old 02-05-2012, 06:45 PM

Minnie Farroth

Army Rank: Soldier

Rodger Davis

Army Rank: Soldier

Last edited by Drexy4ever; 02-05-2012 at 06:53 PM..

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Divine Seduction Send a message via MSN to Divine Seduction Send a message via Yahoo to Divine Seduction

Old 02-05-2012, 09:01 PM

Julian McLaughlin

Army Rank:Ambulance Worker

K'Shauna McLaughlin

Army Rank: Nurse

Drexy4ever

Old 02-10-2012, 12:30 AM

Minnie felt sweat collect on her fore-head as she crouched in the bush. She was half-way through No Man's Land, the desolate area that the troops were fighting across. She wanted desperately to go back to the trenches, but knew that if she did, she'd be shot with a little "friendly fire" from the guard put there. There was no way she was gonna give up, though. She'd broken her back trying hard as she could to pass for a man.

She'd lowered her voice when people talked to her, she cut her heair short so it'd be able to fit easily under her helmet, which she never removed. She never wore any make-up (although there wasn't much available anyways.), she'd made sure that when she'd ordered her uniform she'd ordered one two sizes too big so that her curves weren't visible. All she wanted was to fight in the war, and the whole 'women can't do anything but have babies and clean' thing made that hard for her. No one could ever know, or she'd be either killed or sent back to America.

Minnie inched slowly past the bush and screamed at what she saw. Three German soldiers were nearing. They hadn't noticed her. She ran back to the trench, not even thinking about the guard-man. She crawled in slowly, and looked around. The guard, Rodger Davis, was standing up, his knees shaking, with his gun pointed at her. "Don't shoot!" she screamed. He lowered the gun and pointed it back up.

"I ain't cut out for war." Rodger said solemnly. Minnie stood next to him and nodded. "Me neithah. If I wanted to be shot at, I coulda stayed in New York." Minnie said, her thick New York accent sounding odd compared to Rodger's country one. They sat with their guns pointed at the sky.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Divine Seduction Send a message via MSN to Divine Seduction Send a message via Yahoo to Divine Seduction

Old 02-12-2012, 04:57 PM

Julian placed his fingers to his lips as he looked back at his younger sister, who was following behind him with one of his uniforms on. They were trying to slip away from the station in the dead of night, without arousing anyone. And the fact that they were siblings might be further misconstrued if they were caught.

K'Shauna wasn't sure if she was ready for this, her brother pulling her along like a child as they tried to escape this nightmare by running as far as they could, by hiding and becoming deserters, she'd heard what was done to the white boys who deserted, and since there was still prejudice from so many people she was even more afraid about what would happen should they have been caught.

No need to cry or even try and avoid anything, her brother would protect her to the last and he'd made sure she knew how to defend herself which is why there was a blade hidden in her boot. As he turned to look back at her, he could only remember their childhood, all the happy things in their tough life seemed to flash before his eyes as he made it quietly past some of the men who'd fallen asleep on watch, which wasn't easy.

Everything they wanted was back home, and he couldn't take it any longer, he'd left a sweetheart there, and now he wasn't even sure if he'd be able to get back to her. War wasn't what people thought it was, and he wasn't going to let himself or his precious sister be sacrificed to men who would use them up before they died by enemy hands.

Drexy4ever

Old 02-13-2012, 03:55 AM

Minnie heard the loud gunshots in the distance. "Rodger, I'm about to tell you somethin' that I need you to promise not to tell nobody." Minnie began. She took a breath. Rodger faced her. "I'm gonna run away back to New York. I ain't gonna just stay he-yah and get shot at all day. I wanna go back to my New York. I wanna get my apartment back, try as hard as I can to get my job back. And... and... I want you to come with me." she said. Rodger but his hands on his face. Minnie stared with worry in her eyes. "Rodger? You okay?" Minnie asked. Rodger's shoulders were shaking and his hands were leaking a clear liquid. He was crying!

"Don't cry! Don't cry! Did I hit a soft spot. I ain't mean to. I was just tellin' you my plan. Come on, Rodge! Don't... don't be doin' this to me!" Minnie whisper-screamed. Rodger took his hands away from his face. His cheeks were covered in wetness and his eyes were puffy and red. "I can't handle this if you leave. Miles, you been the best friend I ever had. You the most genuine, nicest boy outta all thes otha boneheads, and you wanna leave me here by myself? I know I don't wanna go with you, and I know I need you to stay but you're leavin', so you kinda just forcin' me to go with ya." Rodger said sadly. Minnie forgot for a second that her name for the war was Miles, but quickly remembered and rubbed Rodger's back. "Well ya bettah go get ya stuff then, smarty, 'cause it looks like ya comin' with me!" Minnie said, patting Rodger's back and standing. Rodger wiped his tears and stood.

"But I don't wanna go to New York. I wanna go back to Missouri." Rodger whined. "Once we get to the airport, I guess you can go to wherever you want. But we gotta get there first." Minnie said, picking up Rodger's bag. They were in for a long ride. The France airport was far away from their trenches.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2012, 12:17 AM

"Julian! Please, let's just get out of here! We still have a chance to go back!" she whispered urgently under her breath because currently they saw no one around. And she didn't want to face the consequences, they'd taken the two siblings from their home in New Jersey and had put them smack dab in the middle of Hell, and she was sure this was where they'd die.

However Julian had other plans, he'd heard another man sneaking out, because he'd been on the line for guard duty and had come to check on the other men. But they'd been exhausted, a few skirmishes did that when you weren't experienced and were still wet behind the ear. You never forgot your first kill, and he was thankful his sister was his sister, he'd never want her to imagine the horrors he'd seen and heard, but she'd been in her own version of Hell too, locked in the hospital rooms and operating rooms with the dying and desperate.

Shivering the two shared a look, they heard someone chatting nearby and even more carefully and slowly made their way to where Julian was leading them, he was determined to catch that guy, and convince him to take them with him. Even if he stayed here, he at least needed to get Kay outta here, she deserved a happy life, either working or raising a family, whatever she wanted, he didn't want to see her die inside and then out. He needed her happy, she was the last thing that he had left right now, and the only reason he clung so hard to life. Not even his girl Heather was that important, but then again, she also wasn't pregnant with child.

But God, life was f--king hard! All because they were black, he had to make sure he took care of her, and kept her safe, he wanted her to be happy and healthy. He was more determined than before, when he caught the words of the man he'd been watching.

"HEY!" he called out softly, shielding Kay with his body automatically.

Drexy4ever

Old 02-19-2012, 03:34 AM

(Sorry for posting so late. I kept trying to but I'd never have enough time to finish them :P)

Minnie and Rodger began to walk silently to the back tunnels of the trenches. They were almost to the other side when the heard low talking. It was the sarge and some other commanders. The walked slower than slow, shallowly breathing and leaning low to the ground. They passed the room that the men were in quietly, and continued their fast-paced sprint to the last wall of the trenches.

Once they got there, they began climbing the ladders slowly. They both knew that if they got too high up, the enemy forces would most likely start shooting which would reveal their presence and get them killed. They stayed low to the ground, slithering on the cold dirt. Once they were about 7 yards away from the trenches, they pciked up their pace and finally made it to a forest.

"We can start walkin' now, Rodge, but stay on ya feet. We can't get lost or found." Minnie said as she slowly stood. She thought she saw 2 figures in the distance, but then was sure it was just wild animals, not real people. The two began to sprint once again, this time searching for a road or abandoned farm.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-19-2012, 04:06 PM

He mutter an oath under his breath furiously, now they had to move further to catch up with them. He didn't need Kay to run at this point. If she did, it might harm the baby. He sighed and pressed her into the bushes and then hugged her tightly. "I'll be right back, let me get them and I'll come back for you. I promise." he said softly into her hair, before releasing her and following closely behind the other deserting pair.

K'Shauna was left with her own thoughts, like what the baby would look like, if she'd be raising it alone. How far along was she, what she would tell her parents. How she would support the baby. She didn't make any sudden movements, but instead arranged herself comfortably, with slow precision and allowed her body to rest. She knew how good her brother was at stealth, which was part of the reason he was on the ambulance squad, he managed to get to men before anyone else noticed he'd disappeared. She supposed that skill of his was handy now, when they needed it most.

Julian worked hard at concealing his presence until he got to the point where the two had begun to sprint themselves. He was desperate, almost to the point of tears, and he wasn't going to shed them, if anyone should cry now, it was his sister. He cursed and then gave into his need to just run and was catching up to the two ahead of him. "HEY!" he called, knowing they would hear him this time, because there was no one else around the area they were in.

Drexy4ever

Old 02-28-2012, 10:51 PM

(Again, soo sorry!)

Minnie's head jolted forward when she heard the voice. It was very loud, left an echo in her ears. Both her and Rodger dropped to the ground at once, trying to hide but knowing it was beyond too late. They'd been caught. "Rodger, if we die, there's somethin' I gotta say t' you..." she began, about to tell Rodger her biggest secret, but unsure of how to say it. They rolled sideways into the bushes, hoping to camoflauge but sure that they wouldn't.

"If we get caught, I just want you to know that... I'm... not... uhm... I ain't a guy. I'ma chick." she stuttered. Rodger looked at her. "Ha ha, good one, rookie, but this ain't no time for no damn jokes. We 'bout to get shot. Now hush up!" Rodger replied. Minnie decided to bring it up again later, since Rodge was right. She kept her eyes on the bush, hoping that whoever had seen them would pass on.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-02-2012, 12:42 AM

(It's cool actually, it makes it all the more interesting lmao)

"I know you two are out there, I followed you all the way from camp... Please I have a pregnant girl I need to get out of here... my sister needs to go home... I'm begging you... You guys can help us get out of here please..." Julian pleaded softly trying to see where they'd gone to exactly, but it was useless. He just couldn't give up now, even if he had to drag them back by force to where Kay was. He needed to get her out of here before she or the baby was hurt.

All the more he needed these two white men to do it. He hated that because he was black his chances of saving her would be less, all because of color! But he knew that not all whites were prejudiced or even color struck. He knew that he was risking his life like this, and that was only fine to an extent, because without him what would happen to Kay? He definitely wouldn't die yet, not until she was safe would he have any modicum of sanity.

Drexy4ever

Old 03-03-2012, 01:25 AM

Minnie rolled out of the hiding place and stood, feeling safer since the person who'd found Rodge and her was in the same boat as they were. "Pregnant chick? Wait, you got a chick pregnant during the war?" Rodger said, coming out from the bush and standing beside Minnie. He began walking toward the person who was talking to them, but he was barely able to see two feet in front of his face, so he stumbled and ended up only a few feet next to Minnie's side.

"I ain't know nothin' 'bout no kids. I don't like 'em, and I ain't never had to deal with 'em. What good would I be?" Rodger continued. "Rodger, stop bein' iggnorant. Kids suck but you ain't gotta be such an asshole about 'em." Minnie said. "Although, Rodge is right. What help would we be?" she continued. The night was so silent, adding tension to the conversation. Minnie scratched the back of her neck slowly, trying to figure out whether this person was a friend, or if they were tricking them to go back to the trenches and be shot for abandonment.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-03-2012, 02:04 PM

"No man! It's my sister! Some solider... well... she doesn't feel you should call it rape..." he said hanging his head and looking into his hands. What could he do for her? He was so desperate to get her out of here, he hadn't taken the time to think of what might really happen. He wasn't sure how long she'd been pregnant; the fact that the baby was no doubt a hateful white man's did not change the fact that it was his kin. "You could help by the simple fact that you're white and we're not... we come from up North but that don't mean a thing to prejudiced people..." he said simply, revealing the fact of himself that they obviously could not see. It was easier for him to see them the tiniest bit because they were white also, he found that to be a bit amusing.

"Look, I can obviously tell that one of you is from the South... I'm not an ignorant porch monkey and I have a college degree in Physics... I'm not sure if you're a racist, but for now if so I'd like you to look past that. I also mean no offense to you. But I will not treat either of you as betters but as equals if you help me, you decide not to, the fact that we met no one will ever know..." he said in a serious and solemn voice. He needed their help desperately, but if because they or even one was racist and they decided against it, he'd have to find another way for Kay to get out, but he wasn't sure how.

Drexy4ever

Old 03-04-2012, 03:00 AM

Minnie listened to what the man was saying. Why was he telling her these things? Why would she care if he were black, or whatever else he was saying? Although, she knew Rodger might. He seemed to have a slight racist vibe. He didn't talk much with the few blacks that were in the trenches with him. The most Minnie'd ever heard him say to one was, "Good luck." That was simple enough. Just two words. He didn't seem to show any emotion after this guy's speech. Minnie coughed then began explaining.

"We don't know how to take care of any kids. We don't know how to birth any kids. Please. We just wanna leave. With no harm. Standing here bickerin' is gonna get us caught." Minnie said, straining to see her surroundings. Was that a person over there? No. That was a tree. There? No. That was a bush. Her nerves were tingling and she was definitely on edge. "Look, kid. That shit's all fine and dandy but we tryina' get to the airport. I don't think a pregnant chick and a black guy with a degree is gonna help us get there." Rodger said rudely. Minnie sighed, trying to think. "Look. We'll, well, I'll go with with you and check out this chick. I don't think I can do anything for her. Like I said, I don't know anything about kids. But whatevah. If it'll make you stop you're bitchin', I'll go." she said, letting her voice go from it's fake soprano to it's natural light and girly octave. She was tired of faking when she didn't have to. After all, it's not like she was in the war anymore.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-04-2012, 03:31 AM

"First of all, my sister is more important than me... so if I sell you out with myself I'd be quite happy. If you ever make her cry with a comment like that, trust me... You'll know why they wanted blacks on the front line, we do more than play excellent shields... you the one from, I'm guessing New York, you can come with me... she's quick and still not showing, we'll be back in two shakes. I don't expect this Southern man will leave without you, they are loyal to a fault, a very admirable trait..." he said the last part honestly, not caring one lick about these guys' feelings about how he seemed to them.

"You don't have to come back for me, I'm already here..."
Kay said softly as she walked up behind the men, surprising the mess out of her brother. He hadn't expected her to move from where she'd been. "I'm not an invalid, thank you. And if you two would be so kind as to help I would appreciate it. I'm sorry if Julian insulted you, he thinks all Southerner's are racist, but you Mr. Rodger are just as high strung as everyone else being so far from home and forced into all this. And I'm Kay, I can gut a man alive probably better than you can shot him... Being a nurse and all... All I ask is that you help us get out of here... If it was your sister you would want the same..." and with that being said she stood and watched as her brother gaped at her, not able to say much else.

"..."
the was a loud silence following her words, sometimes he forgot how bad his older sister was... she had been raised to help out as a man, and had the muscles to prove it, so maybe he was being too over protective, but white men right now were not their allies, they never were. And he just didn't want to see her hurt worse because of them.

Drexy4ever

Old 03-04-2012, 04:23 AM

Minnie turned at the sound of the girl's voice. She wanted desperately to run over to Rodger and cover his mouth before he could say anything. He was a true Texan boy, and she knew that he wouldn't take kindly to big words and things that sounded like insults in the slightest manner. She waited for him to blow. Surprisingly, he stayed silent as a deaf man. He only opened his mouth when the girl finished talking.

"I guess we could do that. I have to admit, I thought ya'all wanted us to help you birth a damn baby! That's why I was so stubborn at first." Rodger admitted, scratching the back of his neck. "Alright. No more talk, then. Just stay quiet and follow us. We can't let anyone know where we are." Minnie said. "Oh! And by the way, I'm Minnie and as you know, this is Rodger." she added. She could feel Rodger's eyes on her even in the darkness. "Minnie? Miles? Are you tryina' to say that... that you're a play-boy? That you're on the other team?" Rodger whispered to her. Minnie sighed and removed her hat, revealing her naturally platinum blonde bob which was shiny as glass in the moonlight. "Let's go." she said, walking past Kay without a word.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 PM

Kay smiled at Minnie even as she turned to follow her, knowing that this was probably going to be an adventure. Just from everything she'd heard, she could tell that everyone was younger than her. This was going to be interesting, especially with the fact that Minnie was in fact a woman, which was obvious to her and her brother, but Rodger was not very fast on the uptake.

She didn't make any sounds as she followed behind her, she was no doubt a solider and had seen things no woman should have by now. She almost pitied her, but she knew that if the woman had hidden her gender and come here like that, then she'd had to have been prepared in some way for what would happen. But it wasn't any of her business, even though having another woman on this small journey made her happy, even if she was a different color, in fact, she found Minnie a classical beauty and one who deserved better than she had over here.

Julian trailed behind Rodger, not really thinking about anything, but he carefully watched behind them to see if there were any signs of someone coming for them. He doubted there was, no one would notice for a while and even then, they would possibly think that they'd gone somewhere to do something, or had been called away. Hopefully by the time that they got to where they were going, they could find a change of clothes. Because the army uniforms would not help in any civilian area, they reported deserters. He didn't quite care about Rodger, but as soon as he'd seen that Minnie was a woman, he knew that he would protect her.

It was just the way things were. K'Shauna was sort of like the older sister to everyone if they wanted, and Julian was most certainly the defender, probably because they'd grown up like that. But neither minded. They only hoped that they ran into no problems along the way.

Drexy4ever

Old 03-17-2012, 05:05 AM

(I've had writer's block. Sorry for not posting.)

"We have to start this way." Minnie mumbled as she continued to walk. "So... wait. You been a girl this whole time? Your name isn't Miles, is it?" Rodger asked, running up behind her. "My name is Minnie. I just enlisted because I wanted to be in the war. That was the only reason." Minnie mumbled. Her head was throbbing and her hands were becoming clammy. "Can we just walk in silence from now on? Please. I gotta a double head injury and I really don't feel like movin' my jaw." she complained. Rodger sighed and continued walking.

"There's a barn up ahead about 3 miles. We can make that our refuge for the night. It's abandoned and fairly small, but that means no-one will come to check it out." Minnie said after a while. The shots that were once loud and startling were now muffled by the distance between the people and the battlefield. Minnie could feel her fingers shaking as she trudged along, unsure if she wanted to continue. She could be killed. And there was still time to go back...

No. She couldn't. She had to go. She had two more people to think about! Well, three. She forgot Rodger. But that didn't matter. She had to stay strong for her group. And if she didn't stay confident, getting caught would be a sure thing.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-30-2012, 03:17 AM

Kay didn't bother to sneak up on her, but she walked up along side her. She smiled gently to herself and ventured gently, where the guys couldn't hear, "So, Minnie, you seem like a pretty brave woman... You should loosen up just a little, else you'll blow a gasket in that pretty little head of yours. Just a thought." She rubbed her tummy absently and then smiled up at the moon, a lazy and slow smile that bespoke of her own inner calm.

Her brother however was the exact opposite, he couldn't seem to stop clenching and unclenching his fists. He still watched the path behind, but that didn't do anything for him; only made him more anxious and probably angry. He groaned inwardly, knowing full well that he was going to have issues if they made it home, he had sudden bouts of anger and fear even here, and heard it was common for battlefield survivors. But he knew full well that he shouldn't be having those reactions, he'd never been afraid on the battlefield, nor angry. Just calm.

There would hopefully be no dissent among them, he feared what would happen to his sister above himself and the others.