Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-20-2016, 10:02 PM

Cain Anders
Species: human
Appearance:

He has black hair that spikes out to the back with a few white streaks in it toward the front. His eyes are grey-blue and he stands about 5'10" but lanky. He's got a decent tan and delicate features. He dresses mostly in fur, leather, cheap, or other clothes made from his natural surroundings. Always a solid pair of boots though.
Personality: He's self sufficient and enjoys his freedom. Traveling has become second nature to him, so being forced to stay still is the worse punishment. Stability lies in movement and adventure is in his blood. He has little trust and interest in love, but he's sweet by nature and non-violent. A generous person as long as it doesn't impede on his freedom. He can seem rude and hot-headed though since he's ruled by emotion more than his head. If you're on his wrong side, it's obvious. Likewise if you're on his good side.
Extra: terrified of flying and his feet being off the ground in general.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 11-21-2016, 01:00 AM

Nicholas (Nick) Akasha

Five foot even, silver eyes, he has blue black hair, that reaches his waist in a tight braid, his ankles when released from the braid. he has pale skin, sort of like porclin, but a bit darker.

Personality: A loaner, but he loves children and will do anything to protect them, he can play many instruments, fairly well, and tends to visit bars a lot. he moves place to place. never sure what he's searching for.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-28-2016, 08:09 PM

The almost eerie quiet of the forest sunk deep into Cain's bones. He took careful steps, using the half light to navigate through dense foliage. It should be midday, but the sunlight barely made it to the ground. Few forests he walked in gave such an impression as this. He should he should not tread here it seemed to say, but he already traveled this deep and Cain never turned back. Besides, he reminded himself in his head, he enjoyed the danger and the journey. He was a smart man, but still a bold one. So, hefting his pack up his shoulder, he carried on.

For a while, nothing happened. He walked and let himself relax enough to inspect some of the flora and fauna of the forest. An entire country away from his home island, so much looked different--the shape of the leaves, the color of the mushrooms, and this odd scent like acid that seemed to exist in the very air. Faint, but always present when the wind blew from the North. He knew he shouldn't walk that way, but it was his mission to explore, so he turned his boots to the North none the less.

He had no idea whose forest he tread through though. That anything should be forbidden or secret, he would never guess. No matter how many strange creatures he encountered, he promised never to falter. However, as he neared the northern most edge of the forest, he gained the feeling that eyes were on him. Without a doubt, he was being followed.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-07-2016, 12:39 AM

If the other had looked up into the tree's, he'd of possibly seen a flash of silver, not a wepon, just a person's very unhuman eyes. Nick moved along the branches on silent feet, hopping from tree to tree with barely any noise of his passage. curious on who exactly this person was tredding into these particular woods. which weren't safe for the normal type of person. then again nick wasn't normal. he stood at five foot even, five two in the heeled boots he wore. heels came in very handy on discouraging people from keeping a grip on you when you stomped down on an instep. leather pants joined the leather boots climbing up his body. he also wore a lose shirt with a leather vest over it. a belt encircling his waist with a knife on both hip's. then agian nick had knives everywhere on his person. from in his braided hair to the opening of his boots around his lower thigh area. and he was very proficiant with them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-11-2016, 01:50 AM

The feeling of being watched crawled over Cain's skin again. He hesitated at the edge of the woods. He could see the end of the trees, just yards away, but he stopped. Something...something was out there. And also, something made him fear the path before. Intuition? He was a hunter and knew to trust these feelings. Turning, he fled all at once, toward a path that almost seemed to materialize out of he trees. He ran and ran, the path becoming more treacherous and full of warning signs. He shouldn't be here. This was secret, not his. He couldn't tell as to what built the path, but that didn't matter now. Whatever followed him, he needed to get away. That and that thing alone, he knew.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 12-13-2016, 12:23 AM

Nick darted along the branches after the other then shot ahead of him and dropped down tot he path the staff slung across his back by vines was tugged up and over and slamned int o the dirt. "Stop." he snapped at the onrushing male. theother was headed into danger if he kept going along this path. then again given his age nick looked amazingly young. thena gian his ty pe didn't age very fast.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-16-2016, 08:55 PM

Cain slid to an abrupt stop. Just in front of him, he could see a hidden oasis of trees and pools of water, but the path had been blocked. Out of nowhere, someone dropped down, nearly making Cain cry out. He held his ground though, breathing heard, but already reaching for the thick, slightly crooked hunters knife he kept at his belt. "Get out of my way!" he yelled back, already pulling out his weapon. If it came to a fight, he should not be underestimated just because of his inexperience. Hadn't he already come this far? Absolutely no one got to stand in the way of his destination!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 12-16-2016, 10:52 PM

"Death waits for you in this direction turn back." Nick snapped back at the idiot as he shifted his stance to give his much shorter fram a more solid position jerking his staff free. he was not going to see another person run tot heir death. he knew what laid past those tree lines. a enticing veiw to bring any who where stupid in so that the creature below the waters edge could eat them. he'd seen many a seasoned warrior go into taht glade.. and never come out. the water would turn red with their blood and eventually settle back into its crystal like blue ness..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2016, 06:06 PM

Cain's eyes hardened. He didn't know who this guy was, or even what because he had a suspicion he messed with something he should not, but he also knew that going back the other direction was dangerous. So whichever way he went, he'd prefer to pick his danger himself. "Don't treat me like some child. I don't need protection from a stranger!" he snapped with a lunge. He had his knife in hand and no desire to let anyone stand in his way. Maybe he would listen to this guy's advice in the end too, but first, he would make it his choice. "I told you, get our of my way!"

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 12-21-2016, 08:42 PM

Nick twisted an dlashed out with the but of the spear, aimign for theo ther's wrist. if he hit it hard enough theother'd drop the knife, heck he woudln't have a choice after all, because Nick sure as heck didnt' feel like getting cut. getting cut drew blood, drawing blood tended to bring something bigger and meaner after your backside tot urn you into dinner.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-24-2016, 01:22 AM

Cain bit down hard, tensing his muscles just in time to avoid the brunt of the other man's blow. He didn't drop the knife, but found himself unable to follow through with his attack. Dull pain radiated through his wrist instead and he pulled back, trying to make the movement look smooth instead of like a retreat. Because he certainly wasn't do that now. "I told you-" He twisted to the side, baring his knife like he actually intended to attack when he didn't think he could. "To get out of my way!" With that last yell, he lunged forward again, this time diving down to slip past the other and rush past him.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 12-24-2016, 01:36 AM

Nick twisted and kicked out aiming for theothers knee, none of them damaging blows, he wasn't about to elave theother crippled.. not in this area of the woods. "if you'd listen to me. the creature that lives int hat lake EATS people and others.. and I'd rather not have to try and beat it to keep your backside alive. so if you'd just listen i could show you a alternative route if you can't go back the way you came.."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-26-2016, 07:28 PM

Cain stumbled with the blow to his knees, leaving him staggering toward the leaves. At the last second though, he caught himself on a hand, knee hitting hard against the earth. "And what do you know of it?!" Cain snapped. He, in the back of his mind, heard the words of caution. He understood and began to feel wary about them, but his temper didn't feel like cooling just yet either. "I'm tough. I can take care of myself and no one told you that you had to protect me!" He felt himself take a deep breath, just a little of the anger dissipating. Turning on his knee, he kept his gaze sharp on the other man without lowering his guard. If he should choose, he could still run away or fight. For no thought, he simply waited. "What's it to you anyway?"

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 12-27-2016, 07:54 AM

Nick studied theo ther. "Easy, I don't want to see you running to your death with so much enthusiasm.." he muttered in irritation ..though it was more the voice in his head screaming at him not to let theother ru n to his own death. that voice was loud and insistent that he kep the other safe THSI time. not htat he was sure what the heck it meant by 'this time' Nick wore simple leathers. or well not leather exactly but hide. the pants and top where done from deer hide and where supple. no frills or 'dangling' peices like the tribe he'd been living with with for the last several years. all though he still wasn't sure why he didn't age. he'd woken up with no memory of who he was beyond his name. apparently he'd been found after a light show and fight..somewhere. and been brought with. they'd been amazed HE'D made it. "and besides I live in these woods." or well he and the tribe he lived with did. "I know every path like the back of my hand."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-03-2017, 11:12 PM

Cain's lips pulled farther in a frown too similar to a pout. He disliked that he was losing this argument, but he knew that he was. What was even the point of talking back anymore? Of course he, the foreigner, didn't know anything about this forest. It was a given and irk at the same time. Just thinking about it sent a wash of bitterness into his heart. Like he couldn't do any better than this. He turned away from the path he ran toward before. "I'm not listening because you told me so. I've just changed my mind," he huffed in indignation and just a hint of pride. He didn't even consider himself a prideful person. He liked learning new things and listening to the cultures he met. There was just something about this encounter that set him on edge.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-04-2017, 04:33 AM

Nick's eyes narrowed at theother but he snorted and begain to lead theother on a path that would take them around the dangerous zone. his feet made no noise..hell he didn't even seem to step on a twig at any moint. then again if one lived for eyars in the forest.. one picked up a thing or two.Rechign a denser part he made a waiting motion, tugged a staff, that wasn't long enough to do much good but had a sharp edged hook on it and begain using it to climb up the side of a tree easily until he could reach the branchs and move much faster up the tree. once at the top he looked around found the direction he wanted and made his way back down. "This way..unless you'd perfer to join up with a hunting party i saw a few miles that way?" he pointed in the correct direction.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-05-2017, 11:09 PM

Sighing again, Cain decided to follow the other man. Not that he wanted to and he still refused to admit he listened due to any reasoning but his own. But he also didn't see anything better to do right now. He still felt uneasy and strength lay in numbers--if he could trust this guy. "Where are you going?" he muttered, trying to sound irritated still. When the other motioned for him to stay, Cain did just that, not the least bit interested in following anyone up a tree. Arms crossed, he raised an eyebrow at Nick's return. "And what's in that direction? I'm not inclined to go anywhere in particular."

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-06-2017, 05:46 AM

"My tribe. the party i live with. I need to check in before I can lead you out of the forest..or to where ever it was you where running." he flashed theother again. "Or away from wah tever you where running from." he stowed the odd staff like wepon back into its sling along his back. though that wasn't the only wepon heh ad, he of course had the spear, which went along side the odd staff like item, a knife at his hip over the odd pants he wore and a couple others. not that theother' dknow about that.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-10-2017, 09:19 PM

Cain frowned as he slowed his step. He wasn't sure he wanted to follow this guy to his tribe. Learn new things? Yes. But he still felt irked over the earlier situation and wary. "How do you know it wasn't you that I was running from?" he sighed. In truth, Cain didn't know what made him run in the first place other than an odd feeling that he was being followed and that something dangerous and different lived in these woods. He still felt that, but it bothered him to a lesser degree now. "What is your tribe anyway?" His step still slowed, he made it clear that he wouldn't blindly follow this stranger without first getting answers.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-11-2017, 09:02 PM

Nick glanced over his shoulder at him. "My Tribe are Humans. Me Myself...we haven't decided what I am. I'm just different. they found me in these woods when iw as little and took me in. raised me to be one of them." He shrugged unbothered with his lack of knowledge where his own species where concerned. "So I live with them and help protect our home."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-14-2017, 11:01 PM

Cain's frown continued to deepen at that. This guy didn't even know what he was? But by the context, it seemed clear he wasn't human. Not that Cain could say he minded, but...wasn't this a little too inconvenient? Sighing, he just resumed following the other. "Very well. I suppose I will follow you to meet your tribe, but only because I have nothing better to do. You've lived here your whole life, right? I assume you can tell me more about the area and the wildlife, then. I'm rather interested in new things," he added, his voice growing a little more excited. "I'm Cain by the way. You?"

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-14-2017, 11:11 PM

Nick flicked a look at him. "Nick, Nichoal Akasha, or at least that's the name I am known by." As they travled he begain telling theother of wh at plants could be eaten, what plants where poisonus or made you ill. and what creatures where easier to hunt around there. "Normally we stay up in the tree's as it keep sthe more.. nasty creatures from reaching us." he brushed some long grass aside and then pointed up for the other to look up. there where huts built around the upper parts of the largests trees with bridges connecting them. he moved over to one tree in aprticular and climbed it before dropping a ladder down for the other. "C'mon up."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-17-2017, 09:11 PM

Repeating each of Nick's details in his head, Cain already planned how he would detail the information in his notebook. He might even come back later to draw and press leaves for information. Though he would save room for the best and most unexpected of the area. Just a few plants were plants even if a few appeared to be new species to him. He liked that kind of stuff. "Are there creatures so nasty in these woods that humans would only want to live in the trees?" he asked, head tilted in curiosity. He supposed he didn't mind an upper world so to speak as long as his feet remained on some kind of ground. "Are you sure it's okay for me to just enter without announcement though?" He didn't wait for an answer before he started up the ladder though. It was offered. Why not follow?

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 01-17-2017, 09:23 PM

"Well if it where anywhere other then my hut yes. but the one i'm bringing you up to is my hut so that I can introduce you."Nick's voice was calm and amused. the other was..interesting and asked good questions. the landing leading into his hut was unadorned, unlike the other Huts. which where decorated or had baskets and clay vases.
The roof was a bunch of twigs tied together forming the roof, with leaves dried and pressed into the centers with mud to form a sealing agent and keep the hut roof water tight. inside there where four windows all of them currently covered with netting that kept bugs out and with heavier curtains to create a cooling shadowie spot inside. in the center there was a dip filled with carefully packed earth, and ringed with stones to form a protective space between the 'fire place' and the wooden floors. to one side was a sleeping area. to another a table with four chairs. along one wall and around the window there was shelving which held everything from clay dishes, to clothing. and next to the shelving was a large Loom. with a half made spool of cloth that Nick was working on to make a new warmer top for the upcoming winter. it'd be long sleeved and then he'd use the hides he'd dried and cleaned of 'pests' and had carefully packed away in a spool of hand made cloth with pouches of herbs that would keep bugs away from them inside a woven basket.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-19-2017, 08:46 PM

Cain inspected the hut once he reached the top, his look curious and not disdainful about the lack of decoration. He certainly was not put off by such a thing. Once entering, his curiosity only increased though. It was a cozy and well built space and he most found interest in the loom. So this was a self-sufficient community. The cloth looked high quality enough to trade or sell as well. "So this is home? I guess it's just you," he gathered by the space and belongings. No touch from a woman or child. "You do plan to introduce me to your clan though?"