KrysusKitten
The Tentacle Lady

Old 01-25-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
@KrysusKitten - Oddly enough, I don't care much for romance...except for a really good shoujo romance. Weirdest thing.
For-Chan Cookie: Well, most of the shoujo's I do watch watch have a lot more to them than the romance, it's just a bonus for me. I like ones with really good character development, back stories, etc. ^^

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2015, 05:24 AM

Ah, sorry it took me so long to reply guys.

@Naruto forever - Sports anime are so wasy to get lost in. It helps that I am a BL fangirl and end up shipping stuff. >_>

I agree, comedy can be pretty hit or miss for me. Japan's idea of what's funny doesn't always mesh with mine. Especially if they feel that harem situations with gratuitous nudity and beating of males if funny. No thanks Japan.

@KrysusKitten - Well developed romances are the best ones. I kinda like the slow builds best. Yeah, it can be frustrating, but your'e developing the characters the whole time. So I really like Kimi ni Todoke and Skip Beat. Although admittedly, Skip Beat has really been dragging lately.

Yuuki Sena
Bookworm

Old 06-03-2015, 08:21 PM

I love almost anything fantasy with a dash of action and romance ^^

la-la-london
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-29-2015, 11:06 AM

I will at least seriously consider reading any yuri manga i come across. I also like horror anime and manga because it's always so weird lol.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 12-30-2015, 01:44 AM

I feel you there. I am a sucker for yaoi, but there's a lot of terrible stuff out there. I get burned a lot

I'm a big scaredy cat about horror, so I don't read much of that. Tokyo Ghoul, Parasyte and Attack on Titan are the closest I've really gotten. They have elements of horror, overarching horrory bits, but aren't completely horror.

Juunansei

Old 12-30-2015, 08:18 AM

My favorite genre is fighting. Or comedy. The animes I prefer to watch are JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, which is a fighting anime, but it's really fun to watch. There's also One Punch Man that I watch; It is a perfect mix between fighting, and comedy. Other times, when I just want to laugh, I go watch Gintama. Very funny episodes, and some references are hilarious!

la-la-london
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-30-2015, 08:22 AM

Haha yeah, there's a lot of terrible yuri too. But it's worth it when you find the good ones!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 12-30-2015, 08:46 AM

@Juunansei - I LOVED One Punch Man. It was amazing! I haven't seen Gintama. Maybe one day, I'll try it out.

@London - Yeah, it's always nice to find a good one. I always find myself going back to the good ones over and over.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-21-2016, 01:40 AM

I am definitely into sports anime and bl/yaoi. = w= There are some crap yaoi out there tho.
Sports has never disappointed me tho. ; w; I love all the adorable boys. > w<

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 03-24-2016, 02:53 AM

It's kind of funny since sports anime and BL go hand in hand. Sports anime like Prince of Tennis, Haikyuu, Kuroko no Basket, Yowa Pedal, etc, have huge huge huge BL fanbases. So yeah, it's easy as a dirty fujoshi to get into those sports animes

Oh man, sometimes I really question the titles that they chose to animate. There is a lot of crappy yaoi out there and so few good ones brought to the screen.

This season, This Boy is a Professional Wizard came out. It's part of an ongoing series of short BL tasting bits. This is is both the longest and the best story. It's a quick four episodes and it's cute.

And I have since looked at the upcoming season and it looks like we're getting a BL title there too. Super Lovers, though I'm thinking from the summary it might be a little incesty? It's about a guy helping to tame his younger adopted brother. I dunno, here's the PV

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-25-2016, 12:20 AM

Yeah, that's so true! What I love about sports anime is the boys are so cute with each other, its hard not to ship them! XD

Yeah, I question a lot of the ecchi anime titles out there too. They're really ridiculous sometimes.

Aww! I watched that! It was so adorable. > w< <3

Oh? Super Lovers.. o: Oh! I remember that was one of the projects of one of my fave scanlation groups that disbanded! Looks good. O: Well, it's not incest if they're not related by blood, but it does feel a bit shota-ish. XD

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 03-25-2016, 01:41 AM

Better yet, sports anime often puts boys in pairs for you. Prince of Tennis had all those "doubles partners".

Only so many titles can be gold. And as I've gotten older, the tired tropes like "no means yes" and "rape is love" sort of thing that is weirdly popular in yaoi just turn me right off. And that's a lot of what gets animated over some of the better, less problematic titles.

It was wasn't it? :D Did you watch any of the other shorts from the Kono Danshi series? This Boy is turning to Crystal was my other favorite, even though it didn't get as much time to really develop.

I feel like once you set the stage for them to be related, it makes it a little incesty even if they're not actually related. I'll still watch it, but that's another damn trope I get tired of. "I'm in love with my wonderful big/little brother/cousin/insert male relative." Can you please stop with that weird hero worship sibling love? After a while, my suspension of disbelief for those sort of scenarios deteriorates.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-29-2016, 01:34 AM

Yes! I love that! XD Haikyu does seem to do that too.

Yeah, I hate that. So many yaoi manga is like that that it's just sad.
I seriously don't understand how anyone can like Okane ga Nai. It just kills me.

Hmm, I've watched This Boy Caught A Merman, that's it. X3 Never heard of This Boy is Turning to Crystal. o:

I guess. Though I don't think they get to know each other too well? The older guy seems to move away or something. But yeah, I never see/hear of relationships like that in real life so its hard to believe someone would adore their sibling so much. o uo; Although there are siblings who look up to siblings because they're so good at something. X3

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 03-29-2016, 03:57 AM

You know what else helpfully wraps up boys in little partnerships for you? Reverse harem shows! Even though there's a glut of pretty guys sitting around fauning over the girl, they still pair them off for your quite often. "Oh, these two are "roommates" and these two are "childhood friends" oh, and these two twins just really like to pretend to be gay to mess with people. It's all an act, really!" It's kind of funny, like they're trying to catch both the girls who want to see the girl get the guy and the girls who want the guys to get the guys.

Man, Okane Ga Nai is like, a wealth of everything wrong in yaoi all in one neat little package. The giant seme hands. The uke that looks like a girl with eyes that can eat your face. The rape. Just, ugh, so much wrong there!

It's Kono Danshi, Sekika ni Nayandemasu. The boy in question suffers from some crystallization disease. Did you also see Kono Danshi, Uchuujin to Tatakaemasu or This Boy can Fight Aliens? It's my least favorite of the four and I wouldn't really call it a necessary watch, but it was part of the Kono Danshi series, so I watched it.

I have no idea what the plot of the series is other than the quick blurb and whatever little bits you can pick up in the trailer, if anything. Ill still watch it to see what they're gonna do.

I mean, there's hero worship of your siblings. And then there's "Oh, my brother is so amazing, get away from him bitch! I'm gonna marry him first!" Ooook. Step away from the Onichan!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 04-13-2016, 08:31 PM

I don't really know what my genre is. I guess maybe its shojo? or technically humor. yeah humor is awesome. If there's love interests mixed in i don't mind as long as it doesn't get crazy dramatic to the point of obnoxious i just give up on it. I do that with any show though not just anime..

i'm horrible. xD

i'd love to have some of the genres explained to me... like um.. what's moe?

moniker

Old 04-23-2016, 09:49 PM

im into josei/seinen in which that has slice of life elements. with a pint of romance as a sublot.
mainly about human psyche and emotionally driven for growth and development that is almost close to rl that has relate-able life problems about oneself.

unfortanately they come so rarely so i "try" to watch handpicked that looks passable enough for my standard to watch but never really bothered to continue after 10 minutes in and eventually drop them. so i just roam around searching for manga instead and japanese drama live actions.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 04-23-2016, 11:13 PM

that is an interesting genre. I wonder how i would do with that one.

peachycandy

Old 05-05-2016, 02:16 AM

Gag...the more absurd and ridiculous, the better.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-06-2016, 01:25 AM

gag like funny gags?

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-10-2016, 08:44 PM

Well of course I love yaoi and yuri, but lately I've been really into sports anime. I didn't expect it, but I started watching Haikyuu and I got addicted, then I found Kuroko no Basuke and I got addicted to that too. I also like pirate themed ones, or ganster themed ones. I enjoy samurai stuff ass well.

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 05-10-2016, 08:53 PM

Gosh, I'm such a sucker for romance. But I also love action too. I prefer older anime, some of these news ones aren't so good imo. It's like they put more effort into animation and the op than the actual plot. Plus it's usually to promote the mangas so they don't get many seasons. I don't mean to appear bitter! There are good new ones, but I don't see many of them.

Of course this is all my opinion.

My go to I guess then, is romance? Next would be fantasy/action stuff. Like Seven Kingdoms. I love when all those genres are mixed. Though they aren't too easy to find.

Ƥαη∂αмσηιυм

Old 05-13-2016, 01:46 PM

My taste is a little weird...while I can watch anything, I'll jump at anything that has the following tags - Dementia, drama, psychological, seinen, romance, shounen ai...
Though I can switch from an anime like Elfen Lied to something like My Melody(the kiddiest anime I ever watched - a branch off of Hello Kitty) pretty easily.
I guess since I watch just anything, my interest is piqued by extremes lol

Last edited by Ƥαη∂αмσηιυм; 05-13-2016 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: wanted to correct mistakes

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-16-2016, 07:06 PM

holy cow. how do you remember your username o.O

okios
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2016, 07:33 AM

Romance and Josei most def. Historical is a nice bonus, but I don't actively look for it.

Btw, For-Chan: Awesome One-Punch man cosplay! :D

Emotional
Powerful

Old 07-12-2016, 08:08 PM

If it doesn't have ghosty-goos in it, I'm not interested.

That was only half a lie.
I go for Horror, psychological, supernatural etc. Otherwise, I'm really picky.

On the topic of sports, I tried to watch that genre of anime and just couldn't. But I really do wanna watch it so I can pair characters together xD;;; So much fun to be had. I'll have to try again.