For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-14-2015, 02:19 AM

The thing about super hero soundtracks and theme music, is they often sound a lot alike. The few I have, I'll think I'm listening to one theme and it's actually somebody else's. Oops.

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 02-14-2015, 02:23 AM

Well the SHIELD theme takes cues from the Avengers theme.

Which makes sense considering....what happens in SHIELD and what is found out.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-14-2015, 02:37 AM

Yeah. It would be weird if Shield sounded like Spiderman. Although, Spidey may be coming to an Avengers movie near us at some point. Interesting things are happening. As long as they don't just smash everyone into one movie just to have them there though.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-14-2015, 02:57 AM

Isn't Marvel working on a Black Panther movie too?
Busy bees!

I really enjoy the theme song for the Avengers. I like it the most of any of the superhero movie themes I've heard.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-14-2015, 03:15 AM

Yeah, they announced a whole list of upcoming films. Black Panther. Dr. Strange...which they cast Cumbersnatch for and I am not really excited about. Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Captain Marvel. Inhumans. And a bunch of others, like more Thor and Avengers.

Also not happy that they won't give us a damn Black Widow movie. Cough it up Marvel!

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-14-2015, 05:03 AM

Hello to For-Chan Cookie's thready!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-14-2015, 05:21 AM

Hey salvete! What's shakin?

Nola
Forever Depressed, Forever Stres...

Old 02-14-2015, 03:16 PM

Hello! Finally was able to post in here. xD

Kory

Old 02-14-2015, 05:28 PM

Marvel is really busy! They're going to make so much money with all of these movies!
I sort of wish Disney owned X-Men though so they could merge those characters with the Avengers. I see they're doing that now with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, but I really liked the actor of Quicksilver from X-Men Days of Future Past.

Hi Nola, hi salvete.
What's going on?

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 02-14-2015, 05:55 PM

No big plans here - well the hubs has something planned, but I think it'll not be too over the top. But we'll see.
Is it wrong of me to hope for a picnic dinner on the floor at home? :P So I don't have to share him with the rest of the world?

Nola

Old 02-14-2015, 05:59 PM

I love the marvel movies! Gah! I am so ready for the second avengers! It comes out my month of graduation :D And I'm good, Just posting in threads and drawing xD

Chaxy
On fleek?

Old 02-14-2015, 06:01 PM

Happy Galentine's Day

Kory

Old 02-14-2015, 06:33 PM

I think that sounds romantic, Moon!

I'm excited for the second Avengers too! It looks like it's going to be really badass and more serious than the other Avengers. I wonder how that's going to play out!

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 02-14-2015, 06:34 PM

Ava: Totally right?! But he won't tell me what he has planned, so I'm not sure! But that's what I'm hoping for. ^_^

I know my hubs is excited for the next Avengers movie. I personally can't get into those movies.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-14-2015, 06:41 PM

@Ava - I'm really disappointed about the X-Men being out of Marvel control. The only X-Men movie I enjoyed was First Class, with the epic bromance of Charles and Erik. And they saw how unexpectedly popular it was, brought Bryan Singer back on board and then ruined it again. Days of Future Past was not that good. It was missing the chemistry of the first one and drawing on the horribleness of the other Singer X-Men films!

I'm looking forward to the next Avengers movie, but I'm wary of the next Cap movie. I'm not really interested in the whole Civil War thing, but whatcha gonna do. We have no say in comic books or their movies, or else they'd be more diverse and we'd have a Black Widow movie! *shakes fist*

Hi Moonlit, Nola and Chaxy :D

I just rented some terrible movies and I'm going to install myself in bed and watch them with interludes of Mene and Marvel Puzzle Quest :D

Nola

Old 02-14-2015, 06:44 PM

I am worried because they say Samuel Jackson is going to only be in two more movies unless he gets his contract extended ;~; They said that they would kill off nick fury if he couldn't continue because no one would be able to fill that spot.

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 02-14-2015, 06:44 PM

Hey Cookie!

That sounds like a good plan there!
What movies did you rent?

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-14-2015, 06:55 PM

@Nola - As long as he's having fun in the role, I'm sure they'll extend the contract. I mean, he literally changed the color of the character. Nick Fury was originally a white guy with red hair. They literally changed the race of this character for Samuel L. Jackson to play him! They didn't create a new character, they just erased the old white character. That's pretty big if you ask me.

@Moonlit - John Wick and I, Frankenstein. My cousin gave me some free movie codes for the Redbox and there wasn't anything that I super duper wanted to see. Mostly because Lucy doesn't come out in the box till next week. Booo. But whatever. I'll watch some terrible action flicks. I'm kinda hesitant about John Wick. It's a revenge story. Revenge over a dead dog. ;_; But as long as there's a lot of stupid action, it should be ok. I hope.

Kory

Old 02-14-2015, 08:07 PM

Definitely Moonlit! I'm sure whatever your husband has planned it will be romantic and beautiful. :) my parents are going out to eat, but I'm just going to stay home. D;

I have not seen any of the other X-Men movies or the Wolverine spin-offs! So if you say First Class was good, it must be absolutely excellent because I was impressed with Days of Future Past. I really look forward to seeing the other X-Men movies!

@Nola
I'm pretty sure if Samuel L. Jackson keeps doing a hella awesome job portraying Nick Fury, then they won't get rid of him. As long as he keeps making money for Marvel they'll keep him around.
Sort of reminds me of when everyone was like, "Loki is going to die and never came back" before the second Thor came out. It's obvious now they're going to keep Loki around for a while. We need to find out what happened to Odin!

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 02-14-2015, 08:14 PM

Cookie: I hope that it's not too sad!

Ava: I'm sure it will be. :] He told me last night that there is no way that his gift will top the gift I gave him last night. I told him that whatever he does do, that I'll love it because I love him. :]
He and my daughter just made me this totally sweet handmade valentine's card, filled with scribbled as Norah got her hands on all the crayons they were using. But I love it! <333333

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-14-2015, 08:17 PM

Days of Future Past wasn't the worst film ever. It just didn't have the special serendipity that First Class did. It just had the right chemistry and an interesting spin on things. Days of Future Past was a storyline pulled from the comics. Only in the comics, they sent back Kitty Pryde, she was not the one doing the sending. Because that is not her power.

I get it. They wanted someone already familiar to people, someone to tie the movies together. But look, First Class took some lesser known mutants (to the movie crowd at least) and put them together and it worked. So why try to pull out the big guns with Wolverine for the second? The chemistry wasn't the same with the characters. The whole thing was rather bleak, what with most of the First Class cast killed and dissected or otherwise imprisoned or in terrible circumstances! The whole professor trading his powers for the ability to walk via some serum is unbelievable. Then they used that to make him a drug addict and drunk. I've seen it done in plenty of fanfic, but it's usually more believable in fanfic!

I guess I could rant about this longer than I thought. But I'll end with saying what the hell was that clusterfuck of an ending. It was terrible and made little sense and I am done with this rant.

Moving on, Loki is like a roach. Step on him all you want, but he'll pop back up again

@Moonlit - I've been stalling. I had lunch. But now I need to watch these movies. I want to watch them and return them before the blizzard hits tonight! Already, my car is covered in snow and it wasn't a few hours ago. So here I go! John Wick first!

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 02-14-2015, 08:20 PM

Good luck! Hopefully the blizzard doesn't get too bad, and the movie isn't too sad. And haha that rhymed, totally on accident!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-14-2015, 08:25 PM

I'm of two minds about the blizzard. I have work tomorrow and I don't want to go, so it's ok if it shuts things down. On the other hand, I have to shovel it all. And, if I don't get these movies back to the box by tomorrow, they are no longer free movies. :P So, I guess as long as I can get the movies back and don't have to shovel and go to work tomorrow, I don't mind

Kory

Old 02-14-2015, 08:25 PM

Stay safe in the storm, Cookie!

It totally makes sense what you're saying. I'll have to watch the other X-Men movies myself to compare. I like hearing opinions of people on movies like this, though. Some people, you ask for an opinion and they just say, "Movie good." Or "Movie not good." (Yeah, they sound like Cookie Monster.)
My friend told me First Class was awesome too! I'm looking forward to it, I may as well watch it today. I own all of the X-Men movies. Just haven't watched them yet.

I can see Loki staying with Marvel for a long, long time. People love him too much. Marvel knows this, they want money and people would pay to see Loki. Even if he's not in the movies anymore, I'll sure they'll give him something to do. TV show, video games, something!!

Nola

Old 02-14-2015, 10:04 PM

They need to make a movie all about loki. I was watch that, no matter that price xD I love loki! lols