chrystiana
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2007, 05:33 PM

For those of you with Christmas trees, which ornament do you love the most, and why?

For me, it's probably my Barbie ornaments. I'm too old to play with the dolls now, but I have fond memories whenever I hang the ornaments. It's that warm, fuzzy feeling of nostalgia. They also have special meaning to me because my first Barbie doll and Barbie ornament were both given to me by aunt whom I was very close to. She passed away when I was twelve.

LennaHime
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-24-2007, 05:35 PM

I used to have a Little Mermaid ornament. The Little Mermaid was my favorite movie when I was little, so my parents got it for me. It's not on the tree this year cause we have a new cat who has already knocked the tree over...so we didn't put breakbale stuff on.

I'd be so sad if the cat broke my Little Mermaid ornament too...;_;

Caitlyn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-24-2007, 05:35 PM

My mom always makes decorating the tree so tedious that it's not too enjoyable, so I don't have any favorites for sentimental reasons. But there are a few pretty ones I really like. Like these glittery glass ones with rose potpourri in them.

salted lightly
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-24-2007, 05:38 PM

Haha. Mine? An ornament of a whale. xD No reason. It's just the only one I ever seem to remember and I get so happy when I see it. D:

LennaHime
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-24-2007, 05:39 PM

Aww, thats kind of cute, lightly~! ^^

salted lightly
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-24-2007, 05:42 PM

Really? O:

We haven't decorated our tree though. Just put giant lights on it. xD So no whale-y.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 12-24-2007, 05:42 PM

I love all my ornaments. They each ghave a special story since my hubby and I usually pick up a new one whenever we go out of town. There are gold stars from Bronners which is a giant Christmas store in Michigan, and then theres the pineapple we bought in Williamsburg, Virginia, oh and can't forget the ornaments we received as gifts after we got married. <3 They are all so special to me<3

chrystiana
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2007, 05:44 PM

Lenna, I know where you're coming from. I have seven cats and a dog. When I was still living with my mom we put all the sturdy ornaments toward the bottom of the tree because the animals would knock them off and all the delicate one toward the top. We were lucky because the cats never tried to climb the tree, but the dog used to spin it around every time he ran past it. lol
I loved The Little Mermaid too. I used to have the movie memorized word for word because I watched it almost everyday for months. lol

Aisha Woku
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 12-24-2007, 05:46 PM

My favorite ornaments have always been these little tinsel poof balls. xD Ever since I was little I always loved standing back from the tree and just hurling them as hard as I could at the tree. xD

Of course I can't really "hurl" them now since I'm older...but at our new house I like to see how far away from the tree I can get and still manage to stick the things on the tree. xDDD

LennaHime
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-24-2007, 05:47 PM

I don't think I watched the Little Mermaid that much. I would get up and sng along with all the music whenever I did watch it though. ^o^ Hehe.

Yeah...this year we have plastic and cloth ornaments.

chrystiana
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2007, 05:48 PM

Aisha, that's hilarious! I wanna try :lol:
Shadow, we do something similar. Every year we go down to Pawly's Island, SC and just have to get a new ornament or two from the Christmas shop down there. I love the glittery sea shells. :D

salted lightly
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-24-2007, 05:51 PM

Woku: xD That's great!!

Ooh. I bought the Little Mermaid soundtrack a while ago on iTunes. I still listen and sing along. I LOVE "Kiss the Girl". ;O

Andand, I used to be able to spy Ariel barbies (or anything really relating to the movie) fifty feet away... according to my mom. D:

LennaHime
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-24-2007, 05:54 PM

Hehe. I used to have an Ariel Barbie. Favorite one until I outgrew Barbies in general. ^^ She was the only one I had with red hair and she had prettier eyes than the other Barbies. XD

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2007, 06:21 PM

I've got a clay jazz ornament, with a trombone and musical notes on the front and Wynton Marsalis' autograph on the back. I went to go see his family is concert a few years back, and they were selling a whole mess of ornaments in the lobby, so I just grabbed one when I found out that he would be hanging around after the show. It's pure awesomeness, I tell you!

chrystiana
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2007, 06:26 PM

I used to have the Ariel barbie too! I still do... somewhere. She wasn't the only one I had with red hair though. I had Midge, both my mom's and the one from the 80s/90s.
Knerd, that is awesome! I wish I had an autographed ornament. I have books and cds with autographs on them, but an autographed ornament is not something you see everyday.

iViolent
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2007, 06:26 PM

my favorite is my barbie one, too ;]
i got it when i was..6 er 7..
shes cute.
she has a long flowing dress and a pretty hat.
the box means more to me, though.
my mom wrote the sweetest message in there..
its hard to explain why,
it just means a lot to me.

chrystiana
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2007, 06:30 PM

Aww, that's sweet. Personalized ornaments and gifts are the best. It just gives them that extra something special. ^_^

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 12-24-2007, 06:31 PM

Probably a green bird ornament I got from my mom. I treasure it mainly because the wings are broken (they're still on but highly fragile now) and it reminds me of myself in some ways. It also relates to a poem I wrote ^^.

chrystiana
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2007, 06:40 PM

You just reminded me, I remember writing a poem about a bird with a broken wing (me) back in high school. I was going through a rough time then... I wonder what I did with that....

vernors
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to vernors

Old 12-24-2007, 06:56 PM

My favorite ornament would be.....
hrmm
This ice cream cone ornament I made in the third grade. It's so prettty<3 I love it. And it makes me miss the old elementary days. I was so proud of it when it was finished. :3

chrystiana
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2007, 07:38 PM

Mmmm.... ice cream :D

What did you guys use to make it?

Emoticon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-24-2007, 07:39 PM

The chocolates >w<
I luff them so much.
With little disco balls on them. <3

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 12-24-2007, 07:42 PM

I like my angel one. It's a little old..and not really mine, but my parents, but it's very pretty ^^ I really like it.

chrystiana
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoticon
The chocolates >w<
I luff them so much.
With little disco balls on them. <3
:shock: You have chocolate ornaments!?

Asahi Kumoru
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Asahi Kumoru Send a message via MSN to Asahi Kumoru

Old 12-24-2007, 07:49 PM

We have this set of wooden nutcracker ornaments that we've had for as long as I can remember. I think those are my favorites. There are six of them, and each one is different; they've got such personality to them.