Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 AM

This is a private Role Play between:
Evergreen Goddess and Faded Beauty.

It is the year 1837, arranged marriages for power was the most popular at this time. Middle classed families made their way into the lower of the higher class by marriage of their children; while the higher class grew more powerful with the marriages arranged.

This is the story of two characters arranged for each others hands,
the surprise is what they never expected in a match.

.: Faded's Character Profile :.X

- Change of Anime Picture. -
- I'll describe a different outfit later in my first post. -

Name Daylen di Pavia
Race Demon
Gender Male
Age Twenty-four years of age.
Height Five feet & seven inches.
Weight A hundred and fifty-nine pounds.

Mythical Powers
- Aerokinesis:
The elemental ability to control and manipulate wind.
- Electrokinesis:
The elemental ability to control and generate electricity, and throw lightning.
- Blinking:
The ability to instantly teleport, activated by thinking of a location and blinking the eyes.

Character Background
Daylen had always been a calm, distant man in nature. He is a hard working inventor/alchemist that lives in his family's mansion. His family's manor is known as the haunted mansion on the hill to the village nearby which offend leaves to rarely any visitors. His family is one of the wealthiest in the country, his father and himself are the main reasons their family raise in class.

At a young age his father disappeared, well according to the local villagers. This cause the rumors of the manor being haunted, however only his family knows the truth to his disappearance. His mother lives with him in the manor, as his sisters live scattered throughout the country in the homes of their spouses.

The di Pavia family had risen in ranks but one thing still remained, her youngest son was still unwed. After months of examining she had found the perfect bride for her son, a young human girl to blend the two races. However he felt about the arranged marriage, his mother still was forcing him into it.

Last edited by Faded Beauty; 09-18-2012 at 01:42 AM..

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 09-18-2012, 07:58 PM

~Evergreen's Character Profile~X

Name Varvara 'Puff' Swarovski
Race Elf
Gender Female
Age Twenty-one years of age.
Height Five feet & three inches.
Weight A hundred and thirty-three pounds.

Mythical Powers
- Glistening:
A form of teleportation. When used, it leaves a glistening contour of the body.
- Petrification:
The ability to turn beings or objects into stone.
- Sonic Scream:
The ability to generate vocal sounds of a higher amplitude than a normal human, often to such high levels it can be lethal or highly destructive.

Character Background
Varvara, often just called 'Puff' is used to being picked on due to her slightly larger than normal ears she has. Most elves also have a hard time understanding her due to her Romanian accent she got from her father's side of the family. Her mother is a tailor and has her own tailoring shop in which Varvara spends most of her time helping her mother out in anything she can. Her father is sculptist and is rarely home since many people as him to make them something. They don't live in a mansion but they do have a lovely home and enough money to survive.

Being the only child of the house and family, Varvara feels that a lot is expected of her. This is also why she loves to help out anyone whenever she can, though her father never lets her help him and says instead for her to go help out her mother and wait for him at the house with her mother for him to return.

The only issue her parents had with her, what the fact that she still wasn't married or engaged. It wasn't too long of a wait before her parents found her a young human boy to marry and unite the two races peacefully. Varvara hesitantly accepted in hopes that they would be proud of her.

---------- Post added 09-18-2012 at 08:57 PM ----------

Varvara awoke one cold day and looked outside her window at everyone heading off to work. "PUFF!" called her mother. Varvara quickly ran out of her room to the living room and looked at her mother. "Yes?" she asked softly. "Ready to come to work Varvara?" asked her mother. "If you can let me bathe first I'll be ready in fifteen minutes." answered Varvara. Her mother only nodded and left to get ready herself. With her mother's permission, Varvara grabbed some clean clothes and left to bathe. When she was done, she got dressed and hid most of her ears under her small hat in hopes that no one would notice, then waited for her mother before heading off to the Tailor shop with her mother. "I wonder how many costumers we'll get today mother." said Varvara softly.

Last edited by Evergreen Goddess; 09-18-2012 at 09:00 PM..

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-18-2012, 09:55 PM

A loud banging echoed through the large mansion, "Daylen, I am your mother and I promised you would come meet your future bride at a lunch date. Stop working on... whatever it is you are doing and get ready. Don't make me come in there." A woman's voice called out before the sound of a locks unlocking came fallowing. The young lord of the manor came out to face this mother, he looked just like her; only more masculine. "Good, now go clean up." She told her son as she patted his shoulder before walking off to get ready herself. He slowly made his way up to his room before bathing and dressing himself in better clothing. He wore a simple white loose fitting shirt with a black elegant, satin vest with a silver trim over the shirt. His shirt was tucked in black loose fitting pants, he wore his normal black shoes.

A soft knock filled his room, "Come in." He called out only for his mother to enter his room. "Oh my, Daylen. That's how you want her to see you?" She asked her son. Without him answering she went over to his closet and grab his vest's matching jacket and a tie. He just made a face when she put the cloth ribbon she called a tie, "Is the tie really necessary, she is already engage to me. Who do I need to impress?" He asked his mother who just looked at her son, "Daylen, stop it. You will not run this girl off. Do you hear me." She sternly told her son, he just nodded to his mother. "Good, now put on the jacket and lets go." She order her son before leaving to get to the coach, with a great sigh he placed the jacket on before fallowing her.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 09-18-2012, 10:24 PM

"So tell me mother, what is this man I am to marry like? Is he handsome?" asked Varvara as she and her mother walked into the dark tailor shop. Turning on the lights, varvara's mother just shrugged. "That is for you to decide Varvara." she answered. Varvara huffed up her cheeks and sighed as she got everything ready for the costumers. "Oh yes, on your lunch break I believe he is coming to see you." announced her mother. "Wait, he's coming to see me? Why didn't you tell me earlier mother?" asked Varvara as she looked down at her clothes; she was wearing a light grey dress with long sleeves and a fur trimming around the collar with a small white satin ribbon at the waist. Her feet were covered by pair or small white boots and her ears were semi covered with her hat. "I would have dressed nicer..." she explained.

Her mother laughed and shook her head. "You look beautiful and I'm sure he'll think so too." she replied. Varvara shrugged and tried not to stress out too much about it and began to get to work. Her mother chuckled and pet her head before going over to attend a costumer. "Varvara! I need an Ivory clothe with lace trimming now!" she ordered. Nodding, Varvara set off to the back of the shop to get it for her.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-18-2012, 11:10 PM

He brushed away his mother when she tried to mess with his hair, "Will you please stop it, mother? I'm a alchemist, a inventor, play with grease and chemicals all day. We don't have class, we don't do lunch dates. You should know this." He told his mother who just glared at him, "Daylen James di Pavia, don't you ever talk to me like that." She told him, she was enjoying playing the human mother and he knew it. He just smiled at his mother, "My mother, you sure having fun playing that role." She smiled back, "Well, not everyday we get married into a human family. You're the last time, dear." She told her son, "Besides I have to learn to keep it up after all, she'll be joining us in the big empty mansion... until my grandchildren at least." She spoke happily to her son. "At any rate, I have shopping to do. Your bride works at the tailor's with her mother, I'll be joining you shortly after the shopping; just wait there for me." She told her son who just nodded at her, she was already excited about the grandchildren that he didn't really want.

He was told not to say anything about his race or to ever tell the human bride what he really was, however at least he was able to use his powers in his laboratory. After a hour of riding in the carriage with his mother talking nonstop, he wanted to electrocute his brain out. When the coach stop, he nearly jumped with so much joy. He looked at his mother after he was out of the carriage, "It is right over there, I'll see you in a bit." He looked at his pocket watched, it was really early; about two hours before lunch time. He walked a crossed the street and slowly made his way into the tailor's. He walked around the shop looking at all the fabrics til a bit later he was nervous when he saw a young girl working there. He took a deep breath before releasing it, "Excuse me, miss. I'm looking for a young woman by the name of Varvara Swarovski, would you happen to know her?" He asked clearly, no hint of nervous lingering. He stood straight and proper as a gentleman would, his demeanor was polite as he spoke.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 09-19-2012, 07:09 AM

Handing her mother the roll of fabric, Varvara fixed her hat and her dress. "Mother...." she started but cut herself of and helped measure the costumer's waist, chest, arms, legs, and hips before writing them down in a paper and handing them to her mother. "Measurements are done..." she said softly. Her mother smiled and looked at the paper, then at the costumer as she asked what it was that she wanted made. When she got everything written down, Varvara's mother smiled. "I will call you in two to three weeks if not earlier." with that, the customer left a deposit and left the shop. Varvara looked at the time then at her mother. "Mother..." she started again. Her mother glanced over at her and smiled at her through her round glasses. "Yes Puff?" she asked. "You really think he'll really think I'm pretty?" she asked. "Of course he will, if he doesn't then he is blind! Also, you musn't tell him of your race!" she ordered. Varvara chuckled and nodded. "You don't have to tell me twice."

Just then, a male had walked into the shop, and Varvara glanced at him then her mother who only shrugged and began to work on the previous costumer's request. Varvara was busy organizing the cloths back where they belonged and sweeping up the place but stopped when she heard the male speak. "Y-yes...that's me. How can I help you?" she asked as she turned and looked up at the male. Varvara couldn't help but feel so short and vulnerable in comparison to this man who seemed very strong in her eyes. His red hair really stood out and it was a huge contrast to her white hair, and his clothes were so much more fancier than her own clothes which looked lick dirt rags in comparison to his.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-19-2012, 06:16 PM

He slightly froze when he heard her say it was her who he was looking for. She looked really young, granted she was very beautiful; he felt over dress after he started to thaw out. "Oh forgive me, I wasn't expecting you to appear so young." He told her nervously, "Not that you're not beautiful, just young in appearance." His face lightly blushed, he was making a fool of himself. "I am terrible sorry, where are my manners." He straightened himself up before he continued. "My name is Daylen di Pavia, I am your betrothal." His demeanor slightly changed for himself making a fool but still held his elegance, yet it was obvious he was nervous.

He placed his hands in his pant's pocket, "I know I'm early, I just couldn't wait to make a fool of myself. I apologize for that." He told her sweetly, he was half expecting her to scream and run to call off the wedding. However he just expected a normal human girl average in everything, hair, height, weight, looks. Instead the girl before him was very fair in looks, her white hair was very interesting him. He just waited for her reply as he looked around the store, he just knew his mother would love it here.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 09-19-2012, 07:25 PM

Varvara blinked up at him with a blank expression on her face. Looking at him closely however, she was able to sense that he was just as nervous now as she was. When he started speaking, she smiled a bit and felt a light blush come to her face when he mentioned the word 'beautiful'. "It's a pleasure to meet you Sir Daylen di Pavia." she said and gave him a small curtsy. As she continued to listen, her eyes widened when he said that he was her betrothal. This must be the man her mother was talking about. "Oh...it's you?!" she gasped and took a quick step back, causing her to bump into some fabric and drop the broom she was holding as she squirmed in attempt to get out of the tangled mess she had created with loose and torn pieces of fabric. When Varvara finally managed to get out of that mess, she fixed her hat and felt the blush on her pale face darken. "So-sorry...I didn't mean to make...such a mess..." she said quietly as she scowled at herself and fidgeted with her dress.

Looking up at the clock, she noticed that he indeed was early for their lunch together. "Ah, yes you are early but that's quiet all right." she replied and began to clean up the mess she made, careful not to drop anything else as she cleaned. "I don't think you made a fool of yourself Sir, you were just nervous and that's okay." she answered and smiled over at him once she was done cleaning up. "I probably made a fool of myself just now with the mess I made." she commented as she let out a small and nervous laugh. Looking over at him, Varvara couldn't help but notice the color of his eyes, they were beautiful and she couldn't think of a word to describe the color of his eyes. All she knew was that they were beautiful.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-19-2012, 09:58 PM

He smiled when she looked him over, her blank expression was eerie at first but turned cute after a little. "Please, just call me Daylen." He told the unsure girl, he himself was unsure about this whole arranged marriage but it had to be done. "Like-wise, its a great pleasure to finally meet you miss Swarovski." He told her smiling, his nerves leaving the more he talked to her. When her eyes widen at him mentioning he was her betrothed, it felt awkward between them. He watched her take a step back and make a large mess, he would have helped her but he was unsure what to do. Her reaction made him feel horrible, like she didn't approve of he before she even got to know him. "It is quiet alright, I understand." He told her trying to be comforting and understanding, he was just as bad when he got nervous. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to cause you to back into them." He told her shyly, he felt awkward more then nervous cause of her first reaction.

He looked at the floor of the tailor's shop, he didn't know what to do. He wanted to help her clean up the mess but was unsure of her reaction. "Oh, you noticed that? I'm sorry I tried to hide that." He told her shyly, it was kind of embarrassing that she did notice it. He just listen to her talk about the mess, "No you did't, I made bigger messes in my laboratory by accident. At least you didn't get you hurt, that's the good thing." He smiled softly at her, her nervous laugh was cute. His face turned a light shade of pink when she started staring at his eyes, he wanted to say something but decided against it. Instead he just looked at the floor.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 09-20-2012, 06:53 PM

Varvara blinked and nodded. "Very well, from now on I will call you Daylen." she said and smiled sweetly. An arranged marriage was something that Varvara had heard of, and for some strange reason she didn't think it would ever happen to her. Varvara believed that only rich families had arranged marriages; not middle class families. All this was a huge surprise for her, but she was really looking forward to it since she knew her parents would love her even more if she just accepted it. "I want to apologize for my reaction to the news...It's not that I hate you, it's just that my mother was telling me about a man that would come see me for lunch and well, I felt that I should have dressed better and when you came here asking for me and telling me who you were...I was surprised to finally meet you." she explained softly. "Puff sweetie!" called her mother. Looking at Daylen, she curtsied. "Excuse me for one moment Daylen." she said softly before heading over to her mother. "Yes mother?" she asked. "Puff, can you get me the measuring tape and some more thread?" she asked. "Right away." answered Varvara as she walked back to the back of the room where Daylen was waiting. "I'll be back..." she whispered and grabbed the measuring tape and some white thread. "What color thread mother?" she called. "White will do teh trick!" answered her mother.

With the thread and measuring tape in hand, Varvara walked back over to her mother and handed her the items. "Anything else?" she asked. "Thank-you sweetie, and no that is all for now." answered her mother before getting back to work. At this, Varvara walked back to the back room and looked over at Daylen with her light brown eyes. "I'm back!" she said cheerfully as she looked over at the clock. It was almost time for lunch, which meant that they would probably talk a lot more. "So...you have a laboratory? I believe that's what I heard you say you had." she asked quietly.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-20-2012, 08:55 PM

He just smiled softly as she talked, he was glad she would call him by his first name and not his whole human name. He was glad his mother actually picked a middle classed woman to have him marry, all the rich woman were to uptight for his liking. He was actually looking forward to marrying her but he tried to hide it for it was unclassy to show excitement, well not really but everything was classed that anyway so why not that as well. "It is okay, I felt that a little but no harm done, I just found out about the lunch date myself just before I left my manor." He paused for a second, "To be truthful, I feel like a twat dressed like this." He told her sweetly as he smiled embarrassed. He looked in the direction the voice came from then back to her and lightly bowed in return. He watched her walked away before looking around the stored.

He smiled at her when she returned, "Welcome back." He said lightly to her return, "Yes, I am a Alchemist and Inventor. They are the trades my family been in for centuries." He told her politely, in a way he wasn't lying, his father and his-self have been in the trade for over two centuries. They offend traveled to keep up the human appearance, they had created a liquid to make them appear to age in the eyes of everyone that looked at them but never really aged; however it only worked from a day. He looked at his pocket watch and smiled, "It is close to lunch, would you mind if we head out to eat? I know a great little restaurant by the river." It was a expensive place only where the higher classed ate but he just liked the food there.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 09-20-2012, 09:46 PM

When Varvara returned, she looked at Daylen and chuckled. "You're probably wondering who's puff...well that's me." she said and pointed to herself. "My parents call me that every now and then, mostly my father though." she explained. "Just letting you know now that way you are not confused if you hear them call me puff instead of Varvara." she added softly as she fixed her dress and wondered if he suspected anything of her since she was wearing a hat. He probably wouldn't suspect anything since it was pretty chilly outside. "Oh, and you don't look like a twat at all Daylen, you look quite nice." she said and blushed slightly. Varvara feared that he would think of her as 'too forward' and that would be bad right?

When he told her that he was an Alchemist and Inventor, she gasped and grinned widely. "An Inventor and Alchemist?" she repeated and clasped her hands happily. "Tell me, what exactly does an Alchemist do?" she asked. "I know an inventor makes things....correct?" she asked. Varvara quickly stopped herself when she heard him ask her if she'd like to go eat now. "Oh..." she answered and blinked a few times. "Y-yes I'd like that. Let me just tell my mother now...that way she doesn't worry." she added softly before curtsying and walking over to her mother. "Mother...we're heading out to lunch now...I know it's a bit early but I think we're both hungry..." she whispered. Her mother only smiled. "Just keep your hat on....and have fun." she whispered back. Nodding, Varvara walked over to Daylen and smiled. "We can go now." she said.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-21-2012, 04:29 AM

He just smiled at her, "Oh, it's a cute little nickname." He told her sweetly, he figured that's what it was but he just let her explain it; he thought it was cute how she felt the need to. "My parents never had a nickname for me, just son and dear. Commonly used for someone." He told her trying to share and let her to to know him as he was planning to get to know her. He wasn't curious how she was dressed, he knew many people that wore hats as a fetish, they would feel naked without it; so he just left it alone even though he could feel she was unsure about it around him. He smiled at her words, "Oh, well thank you. However since I never dress like it I can't help but feel that." He told her shyly, she spoke her mind it seemed. He wondered if she would be more so as he got to know her, not that he mind. It was actually nice from all the shy and timid girls he had meet in the past.

He nodded to her questions, "That's right. Alchemist search for ways to turn metal into gold, we search the elixir of eternal youth. Some actually think we're magical, but I can assure you, we're not." He smiled at her, and nodded once again in agreement. "Correct, I create things. My manor is full of my inventions, I actually created a way to have lantern oil burn far longer then it does now, on a normal basis." He he told not trying to brag but fill her in to what he does. He waited til she returned before holding the door open for her to exist, his mother would be a long time and he knew she would forget to come and met him. She offend did that when she went shopping. "Shall we? He asked her sweetly.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 09-21-2012, 06:29 AM

Varvara blinked and widened her eyes at what he said. "You really think it's.....c-cute?" she asked and felt a light shade of blush creep into her cheeks. Hearing that he had never had a nickname before confused her a bit. "I thought everyone had a nickname though." she said quietly as she looked down at the floor thinking. Varvara couldn't help but feel the urge to come up with a nickname for him; but that would have to wait since she couldn't think of that right now. At the moment, the most important thing was getting to know each other. They were to be married so they had to know a bit about each other before the wedding. At least, that's what she thought. Looking back up at him she tilted her head to the side slightly. "You never dress like this?" she asked curiously. "I would imagine that you dress like this at least a few times, not that I mind you dressing differently. I do always say that one should dress in what they feel most comfortable in." she said with a nod.

Varvara listened to him explain exactly what an Alchemist did. Turning metal to gold really did seem impossible, and if it was ever done it had to be done by magic. However, Daylen was saying otherwise. He was saying that it was not magic at all. Hearing him say that he had found a way to make lantern oil burn longer really fascinated her. "Oh my! That really does sound wonderful!" she said and smiled with a small nod. "Yes, we shall." she said and giggled. "Please, do tell me of other inventions you've made, perhaps your favorite one?" she asked as she walked out of the Tailor Shop with him; out into the cold weather.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 PM

He nodded at her, he found it very cute, specially when she was blushing. "Not everyone I guess." He told her sweetly, his family always just used each others names more then anything. Nicknames seemed more pointless to them but they weren't humans or anything. He didn't really know what to do, he wanted to get to know her so it wouldn't be awkward but he felt it would be; they have no time really to. "No, I play in grease and chemicals all day. I don't want to ruin these clothes." He told her softly, "Maybe if I had different professions, I might dress more like this but I get grease covered daily." He told her chuckling lightly, some times it stayed in his hair even after he washed it count less of times.

He smiled at her, as they slowly walked down the street to the restaurant. "Well, lets see." He said thinking, "I have created allot of things. I have one that rolls around my manor cleaning the floors, sometimes it glitches and smashes into the wall. I'm working on it, it just over heats." He told her smiling at the image of it bashing into the walls. "There is to many to really tell, you'll see them when you come to move into the manor." He told her hoping that wouldn't get her to freak out on him.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 09-22-2012, 08:16 PM

"I guess not. I think that not everyone has nicknames because maybe they don't want to take someone else's nickname for themselves?" she suggested with a small shrug. Hearing say that he played with grease and chemicals all day made her wonder. "Do you get sick a lot because of it?" she asked him softly as she looked over at him. She knew that if she was playing with grease and chemicals all day she'd most likely get very sick. Varvara was a delicate little flower as her father put it. "A different profession? I don't think you'd like a different profession though, am I right?" she asked him. Just from the way he talked about his profession made her know that he'd never change his profession, which is good. If you really like something, you shouldn't change it.

Varvara's eyes wandered to his hand, then straight ahead as she walked beside him to the restaurant he had been talking about. As she listened to him speak, she began to imagine this thing he was talking about that cleaned the floors and smashed into the walls. "That sounds very interesting Daylen." she said softly and nodded. "Well then, maybe you can find a way for it not to over heat?" she suggested and smiled. When he spoke of her moving into the manor, her eyes widened a bit. "Moving into the manor? When is that going to happen?" she asked him curiously.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 09-24-2012, 01:56 AM

He just listened to the girl as she spoke, she seemed shy at times but really talkative in others. He was enjoying hearing her speak then him actually talking, he only really talked to himself as he was working more then anything. He looked at her and shook his head, "Not at all, I do at rare times but nothing serious." He told her happily, most of the time he only grew sick from not eating or sleeping. "I tend to over work myself allot, that's the only time I get sick." He told her giving her a heads ups just to be safe. He smiled at her and nodded with agreement, "You would be right, I love my professions. I grown so accustomed to them that it would not be the same without them." Just the thoughts of experiencing and fusing things together made his heart jump with excitement.

"You will love this place, I always sit in the indoor garden. It's mostly for the higher class, however the people there ain't that friendly but the food and tea are delicious." He told her reassuringly, he kept his smile upon his face as she spoke some more. "Yes, it's a mad house." He told her playfully joking, though it kind of was. "Yes, I'm currently working on that. I hope to come to the answer soon enough." He told her sweetly. He looked at her kind of scared he said something wrong. "I'm sorry, normally after a marriage the woman moves in with her husband. The wedding, I was told is in a few days. If memory serves me correctly, its in a day and a half." He told her shyly.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 10-02-2012, 05:54 PM

As Varvara listened, she nodded in understanding. "I see. You overwork yourself which shows just how much you love your profession." she started and folded her hands behind her back as she continued to walk beside him. "It's good to know that you love to work, that's always very good but you must know your limits. I mean...the body can only handle so much before it starts shutting down. Continuing to work after this is what causes people to get sick and get hurt...though I suppose if it's nothing serious it's okay, but it's only a matter of time until it becomes something serious." explained Varvara softly as she glanced over at him then continued to look straight ahead.

"Higher class..." she said softly to herself as she thought about it. Varvara knew that once she stepped inside, people were going to stare at her. They would stare at her for whatever reason they found appropriate. Some would stare at her for her appearance, others would stare at her since they had never seen her before. Whatever the reason was, staring was always the answer it seemed. "You have no need to be sorry Daylen, you did nothing wrong. I'm just surprised that I'm only finding out about this now." she explained and blinked at what he said last. "A day and a half?" she repeated and knew that she would have to talk to her parents about this as soon as possible.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 10-06-2012, 04:20 AM

He just listened to her as she spoke, she was smarter then most girls he was set up with and it was quite refreshing. "I agree, one most know their limitations. However if we do not apply our full body and soul then there is no risk, and risk is everything to the greatest inventions." He told her smiling lightly, "Like everything in life it has a propose, with death there is no life and vise-versa. Physics was a risk, learning properties of matter and energy is now a knowledge that men can understand. However was once a theory that no one wanted to hear but now it is one of the greatest scientific discoveries." He wasn't sure if he was making his point but he was trying without boring her to death, plus making him sound to annoying with his words.

He nodded softly, they were getting closer to the restaurant. He hoped they wouldn't make a big deal over her being in there since she would be with him, he was one of the richest family in the country. He knew what she meant, it was soon to him as well. "I'm sorry, I tried to get my mother to push back the date. I really did but she won't listen." He told her in a slight defense, he knew what she was thinking he thought the same thing; well he felt discomfort out of nowhere. "I know it's very fast and I didn't want to marry you this way, so soon." He felt like he was forcing her hand in this, how she was acting told him everything he needed to know.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 10-06-2012, 05:19 PM

Varvara's eyes widened as she heard this and she grinned as she nodded. "Yes!" she said happily. "Risk is a big thing isn't it?" she said and continued to listen to him. Varvara could tell right away that he was a very smart man just by the words he was using when he spoke. Risk has a purpose? I wonder what it is.... she thought to herself as she continued to listen to him. Nodding as he spoke, she began to understand what he was saying to her. "I see...." she started as she nodded. "This is very interesting, I never knew this before. Thanks to you I learned something today." she said and smiled. Varvara wasn't too smart, but she was able to understand things right away if she really payed attention, and it was easy to pay attention to him because he had a nice way of speaking. In short, she liked hearing his voice.

As they got closer to the restaurant, she began to get nervous but tried her best not to show it since she was still looking forward to having lunch with him. Fixing her hat, she looked at him and shook her head. "You have nothing to apologize for Daylen. I understand that this is what our parents want and we will do as they say. There is no use fighting because we won't win...I'm not one for fighting though, I do as I'm told." she said and looked straight ahead. "Please don't think I'm dreading the wedding, I'm just surprised and nervous is all." she added.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 10-07-2012, 02:07 AM

Daylen smiled at the young woman, he was glad she understood what he was saying, though he couldn't help but feel like he was showing off his wits. He nodded in a short reply as she spoke, "Risk go hand and hand with anyone passionate about their professions." He simply told her, which was true. Nearly everyone in history or that he knew worth noticing all risked something for their passions involving their professions. "I'm sorry, I was trying not to show that side of me today. It is a hard side to cover up, but I'm glad you learned something new today." He told her happily as she walked beside her. "Please feel free to silence me at anytime when I begin talking like that." He told her softly, he offend tend to make people feel less intelligent around him and he didn't want her to feel that way around him. "I tend to get carried away with topics in that general gene, or similar." He told her smiling sweetly.

He watched her fix her hat, the smile still on his face. "That is a lovely hat you have on. Did you make it?" He said trying to change the topic due to the fact he may annoy her with all his brainy ways of lecturing on topics, he should have became a college professor at the way he loved to teach. He came to a stop at the door of the restaurant, holding the door open for her to enter. He felt like he snitched his mother out but he knew better, "Agreed, but I tend to fight her ruling anyway. A man can not choose his family but he can make the choices in life." He told her sweetly as he smiled, "Well to be told, I was nervous til I met you." He couldn't help but say that as a reply and he meant it.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 10-07-2012, 05:55 PM

Varvara nodded. "Well it makes sense to risk something for something you love. I know that I'd risk anything for something I loved." she explained and began to think of what she would risk to protect her family. The only thing that came to mind was her own life. Though, she was sure they wouldn't want her to die to protect them...they loved her too much. They were the only ones who loved her really. As she continued to listen to him she shook her head. "Well you shouldn't try to cover it up at all. I say it's good to let it show. It shows others that you're a very smart man who can't be fooled." she explained and smiled. "I like it when you talk like that because it's interesting and I learn new things I never knew before." she added and chuckled. "It's okay to get carried away, that only shows me how much you love those topics." she said softly.

Varvara froze for a bit and looked at him with a surprised look on her face and nodded. "Thank-you, Y-yes...I did make it." she answered and stopped walking beside him and thanked him again before slowly walking inside the restaurant. Looking around, she decided not to stare at anyone and looked at him, then at the floor as she listened to him. "I agree, you are able to make the choices you want in your life." she said softly and nodded. "Nervous until you met me?" she repeated and smiled.

Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 10-11-2012, 05:30 AM

Daylen just looked at the ground as he walked in after her, he had listen to her speak about the way he talked and about the topic they had shared on the walk to the restaurant. "Anytime." He told her after she replied about the hat, he thought it was cute about how she clung to it so seriously. He looked around to see people staring at his date, "I'm sorry for their stares, they offend do stare at beautiful woman they never seen here before." He told her once again flattering her with the truth, he nodded to her. "I was nervous to the point I wanted to ask you if you wanted to call it off but upon seeing you, I know we could be happy together. However I will let the choice be up to you. I just hope you give me the chance to try to earn your hand instead of just taking it from a arrangement." He told Varvara softly with a slight blush, he hoped he could win her hand instead of just collecting it as a simple token from her family.

He looked at the waiter and made the mention for two menus before walking over to his favorite table in the garden. Normally people had to wait to be seated but he never did due to the fact he offend donated to keep the restaurant open when it was dead. The restaurant was special to him in a way, it was the first restaurant he ate at when he came to the human world. He took a chair and pulled it out for her to sit in and waited for her to be seated before tucking it in, and sitting down himself.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 03-04-2013, 06:56 PM

((Sorry, life got in the way, but I'm back. ^_^))

Varvara followed him shyly and blushed at his compliment. "Thank-you for your compliment Daylen." she replied and smiled as she continued to follow him through the restaurant. "I'm used to being stared at...but not for my looks it's because of my-" she quickly stopped herself and touched her hat. "My hat, it's because of my hat...." she continued and nodded to herself, liking how it sounded. Listening to him, she smiled at what he was saying. That's all very sweet of him to say... does this mean he really loves me even if we just met? she thought to herself and looked at him. "I'll give you a chance Daylen because I think we can really live happily if we try. I think you can win my hand easily, you're already doing a great job by just being yourself. You don't have to do anything to impress me, I promise." she said to him and smiled sweetly. "So I won't call this wedding off because I'm giving you a chance." she added softly and blushed even more when she noticed his slight blush on his face. "You're a sweet man Daylen, I hope you know that." she confessed and quickly looked down at her feet, shyly and nervously.

Walking over to the table, Varvara thanked him and sat down happily while stealing shy glances at him. She hated being so shy, but she couldn't help it...she never talked to a guy before, especially not this long. "You know something Daylen?" she started and looked at him with a sweet smile on her face. "I really enjoy talking with you." she confessed and nodded.