Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 11-26-2011, 05:44 PM

[[^0^]]

"Don't get killed... Got it." Jun muttered quietly under her breath as she went to sit. Hugging her knees and covering her ears to muffle to sounds of the building crumbling. Rie heard Jack and she watched him leave before hovering closer to Jun and resting placing a hand on her head. Jun couldn't see anyone but she felt her fear slowly calming as the warm feeling Rie gave her. ~Don't be afraid... You're safe.~ Rie sweet mother-like voice played in Jun head. The smoke wasn't even getting to Jun because of the constant flapping of Rie's wings.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 11-26-2011, 06:33 PM

It's so BRIGHT! Jack's thoughts screamed to him. The sun was practically setting and he still couldn't see. The smoke..., he kept telling himself. He was blinded because of the smoke. It was a good 30 seconds before he realized where he was going. Thankfully, it was in the right direction. He picked up speed once again and could see the fire station coming into view as the restaurant grew smaller. The flames and smoke above it did not, however. Those only grew.

"FIRE!" He yelled. He ran into the property of the firehouse and practically broke through the front doors. Nearly slamming into one of the front old-style desks, he caught his breath. "There's a fire! At.." he paused. He never really learned anything about the name of the restaurant. Feeling like an idiot, he continued to babble. "The restaurant! The kitchen exploded and the building is burning to the GROUND!"

Within moments, he could hear sirens going off and people running around. The lady at the front desk nodded and picked up a phone, and started giving orders. When Jack was satisfied that people were on their way in firetrucks to the scene, he turned around and ran back out the doors- into the blazing sunlight again.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 11-26-2011, 06:44 PM

Jun lifted her head when the sound of sirens could be heard, they were muffled though. She didn't move from her position and the warmth of Rie kept her calm. She only had a few scratches on her from before Rie came into the picture and there was a little bit of ash on her cheeks and nose but other than that she was completely fine.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 11-26-2011, 06:58 PM

Jack could see the firetrucks heading towards the burning building. He wanted to go inside and wait with Jun, but he found himself in questioning. This girl.. I don't even know her- why am I-- He stopped running in his tracks. Jack glanced around and saw that the rescue help was turning into the parking lot of the restaurant. He knew that once the firemen were inside, people wouldn't be allowed to go in; their goal was to get everyone out and safe. Jack gritted his teeth. He wasn't going to let some safety help stand in the way of him and Jun. That was really lame, he thought, before running up through the broken restaurant doors and into the dark abyss.

"Jun!" he called, coughing a bit at the smoke and crouching to his knees. He could hear people screaming and crying, but it wasn't as loud as before. Maybe that was because his ears were ringing like mad. "They're coming!"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 11-26-2011, 07:12 PM

Jun lifted her head when she heard Jack and she smiled a little out of relief. Then she heard him cough and she closed her eyes. After everyone was out the firemen quickly worked one getting around the pile of rubbish and to girl on the other side. When they did one of the firemen gently pulled the girl to her feet and put a towel around her shoulders and reunited her with Jack outside the restaurant. The fires were out and the building was barely standing on its own.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 11-26-2011, 10:07 PM

Jack had gotten some water from the firemen- a bottle, of course. His lungs were going, but it was like they tripped over every obstacle that wasn't pure oxygen. The water helped clear his throat a bit and soothe him when his dry coughs were too harsh. Jack had waited patiently, so the moment he saw Jun out of the security of the firemen he ran up to her and hugged her. He let go after realizing that it was somewhat attention-drawing.

"You kept your promise." he said, smiling.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 11-26-2011, 10:53 PM

Jun blinked a few times when Jack hugged her and he pulled away before she could hug back. She nodded lightly and managed a small smile. "I try to." The feeling of fear Jun had felt while she waited slowly crept into the back of her head and she shook her head to clear the thoughts. She would be having nightmares about this for a few nights. Explosions reminded her of thunder only more terrifying. Jun didn't like thunder... But no one knew that, not even her aunt.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 11-26-2011, 11:04 PM

Jack smiled and looked off, his teeth still showing happiness but his eyes already melting into curiosity. He looked at the building and then looked at the people who were rescued from the fire. Those who were close to the explosion didn't look so great... I wonder how many people survived...

Taking Jun's arm with his, Jack stepped away from the building a bit. If there was any gas left to explode, he didn't want to be part of those fragments and injuries too.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 11-26-2011, 11:54 PM

The fireman who knew Jun since she was a mere child slowly came up to them and placed a light hand on her shoulder. Jun gazed at him and immediately knew that most of the workers she'd know since when her brother was alive were dead.. and the fireman didn't even say anything. "I'm sorry Jun..." He said in a gentle voice. She shook her head and swallowed a lump in her throat. "There wasn't anything you could do..." Jun said looking at the ground.

The fireman gently patted her shoulder before going to join the rest of his crew. More dead... Big brother... Henry, Melissa, Robert, Isa... She thought to herself feeling more and more empty inside.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-26-2012, 12:16 AM

Jack's eyes fixed on the fireman defensively as he stepped in and spoke to Jun. His expression fell to the ground just as hers did when he realized that another tragedy had tumbled into Jun's life. He couldn't help but feel a little guilty for the entire situation, even though he probably had little to do with it. "Jun..." He started to say as his eyes flickered quickly to his gentle hold with Jun's arm, but darted away just as fast. What kind of a man was he to not be able to take care of the girl he asked out on a date?

'No,' he thought proudly. 'I let her live another day-' Immediately, he took back his arrogance. He remembered the blur of a shadow connected to a girl and his interception of the girl connecting to the ground. If she'd already tried to do it at every free chance in her life... Who was he to force her to keep going all alone, with each death of a loved one? Yet somehow she just keeps making it to the next day after every attempt.. Jack looked up at the sky and gritted his teeth. One of his only weaknesses in life was getting mentally over misfortune. Jack could handle it physically and solve any problem given to him, but he would be haunted for years afterwards in many forms of hallucinations, dreams, or just thoughts. Jack never understood why. Not even his father could do anymore than put Jack's emotions into words:

"Ah, lives of men! When prosperous they glitter - Like a fair picture; when misfortune comes - A wet sponge at one blow has blurred the painting.." This phrase echoed through his head.

[[ Just for the sake of giving real authors credit-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeschylus
"Ah, lives of men! When prosperous they glitter - Like a fair picture; when misfortune comes - A wet sponge at one blow has blurred the painting."
from This Site >o<;; I don't even like many of his quotes- but this one worked ^^']]

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-26-2012, 01:20 AM

Jun looked at him when he said her name and shakes her head. "Don't.. none of this was your fault.. we were just at the wrong place at the wrong time..." She barely managed to whisper as she spoke, having some difficulty with swallowing the lump in her throat. A rusty truck pulled up and her aunt got out, closing the door and rushing to Jun and gently placing her hands on the girls shoulders. "Jun! Are you alright? A-are you hurt?" Jun shakes her head again and sniffs. "I'm fine auntie." Jun answers, avoiding eye-contact. "Oh baby girl..." Sabrina cooed and brought the girl into a loving embrace then glances at Jack and smiles.

"You must be the reason why the angels are on break. What's your name son?" Sabrina speaks sweetly as she holds Jun in an attempt to calm her down.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-26-2012, 01:49 AM

Jack was reluctant in letting go of Jun to let her hug her aunt. His mind flashed back to the moment where Jun said that her aunt was the only one who understood her. Could this be...
"The angels are on break?" he asked, not sure if he heard right, having been caught mid-thought. 'Do I even believe in Angels?' Jack went to church a few times when he moved to the United States, but his parents gave him the option of not becoming a Christian and to follow whatever faith he finally decided to commit to. "Jacques Rousseau, Jack Ruso." he said, offering his hand out.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-26-2012, 02:01 AM

She nods. "That's what I said." Sabrina confirmed and kept her kind smile on her face. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you." She gently shakes his hand then releases. "I'm Sabrina, the only adult who wasn't abandoned this poor sweet girl." "I can't say I blame them..." Jun mutters, causing her aunt to look her in the eyes. "Now don't you go talkin' like that missy, you're parents couldn't raise a kid if they wanted to." Sabrina says sternly yet lovingly in the mixed accent she didn't bother trying to hide. "I'm glad I was blessed with such a sweet girl." Jun moves her gaze from her aunt's and pulls free from her grip, not saying any more.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-26-2012, 02:53 AM

[[ I swear I already typed this .w.; Too many tabs.. ]]

Jack nodded, more-so to himself than to Sabrina. He thought about asking what Jun and her aunt meant by abandoning her, or asking about what angels were supposedly protecting her, but he deemed these thoughts wrong. "Do I even believe in angels..?' Jack had grown up with no church experience until he had moved to the United States, where his parents took him a few times for the sake of fitting in as a Christian. They told him that he could choose whatever faith he wanted to ultimately commit to, so Jack carried a bible around for a few months before pitching the rules and deciding to live pure by nature than by law.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the building finally caving in on itself completely due to both the fire and the water. The bricks fell in towards the middle and there was a small gust of smoke outwards until the building really was no more.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-26-2012, 03:13 AM

Jun was quiet and the sound of the building completely sent her blindly into Jack's arms like a kid afraid of thunder without even realizing what she did. Sabrina sighs softly. "I reckon you kids never got any dinner by the looks of ya, how about we go back to my place and I'll cook up some homemade gumbo?" She offers.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-26-2012, 03:57 AM

Jack smiled weakly and held Jun close when he felt her run into his arms. He noticed the color of her hair and compared it to his- it had it's own blue shine to it that he hadn't seen in the shade when he first saw her. Jack looked at Sabrina and decided that away from the city was probably a good idea. Especially on a day where any restaurant explodes.

"It sounds great- Jun what do you think?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-26-2012, 04:10 AM

Jun nods slowly in agreement. "Gumbo sounds good." Sabrina smiles before going to open the doors of her truck for them. "Well come on then, into the truck we go." Jun slowly pulls away and climbs into the backseat, sliding over so Jack could sit next to her.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-26-2012, 04:24 AM

Jack followed and realized that he was going with a semi-stranger. Instinctively, he traced the outline of his phone in his pocket while walking towards the truck. Even when he wasn't with strangers, Jack did this as caution. He slipped into the seat next to Jun and closed the door beside him. The real problem wasn't strangers, though, it was trying to get past the restaurant blowing up into pieces at dinner. Jack cleared his throat casually and smiled out the window regardless of the environment he just walked out of. Physically, problems were nothing. However, he would most likely dream of this event for the next six months.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-26-2012, 04:35 AM

Sabrina closed the driver door and started the truck after everyone was situated, then it was off to the house to make some gumbo for the kids. Jun starred blankly out the backseat window and watched the scenery changed.

It didn't take long for the truck to come to a stop in font of a small yet comfortable little house. Sabrina get's out first and opens the only working side door for the kids since it only opened from the outside. "Here we are, I'll have that gumbo on the table soon enough." She turns to open the front door and leaves it open for them.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-26-2012, 04:49 AM

Jack had turned back and forth from watching out his window to watching Jun. When Sabrina opened the car door, Jack nearly hopped out of the car and held his hand out, palm-up, for Jun. A few manners couldn't help.

"Do you come here often, too?" Jack couldn't help but ask. It was a lighthearted question, so Jack assumed it safe.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-26-2012, 04:58 AM

Jun lightly took his hand and slid out of the truck before closing the door behind her. She paused for a moment and looked at the little house as if just realizing where they were. "I live here with auntie." She answers quietly with a soft sigh. "It's small and could use some fixing, but it's the only home I have."

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-26-2012, 05:11 AM

Jack looked back at the house for a moment. He still hadn't noticed anything about the house worth "fixing." Seeing nothing after a few moments, Jack smiled and entwined his fingers with Jun's. He was happy to be by her side, even though she was the one falling off a building. He was also happy to know that he saved this girl's life. "Shall we go inside?"

[[ Last post for the night- sleep time; Night-night Nova ^^' ]]

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-26-2012, 05:15 AM

[[nighty-night yume-chan~ <3]]

The fixing was needed inside. Jun smiles when Jack interlaces his fingers with hers and nods. "We shall."

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-26-2012, 10:45 PM

[[ I have no idea what this house looks like ^o^; ]]

Jack began to walk towards the house after Jun agreed to go. He watched his feet carefully not to trip up the small stairs to the front door before taking his free hand and turning the knob. He held the door open for Jun, confident in staying to the codes of modern chivalry, even if it wasn't practiced as much as it used to be. "Ladies first~" he stated.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-26-2012, 11:02 PM

[[don't worry. just think reeaally old, raggedy, and small. like an old timers house they had back in the slave days .3.]]

Jun holds in a chuckle and walks through the front door, the house already smelt like the best gumbo anyone's ever had. She walked into the kitchen and took a whiff of the freshly made pot of the gumbo and smiles gingerly. "I think you'll like it, no one makes gumbo like Aunt Sabrina." She giggles. Sabrina had to make a run to the ladies room.