Early Bird Special
Yeah, I'm one of the cool kids.
Send a message via AIM to Early Bird Special

Old 07-13-2011, 02:28 AM

◗◗ⓤⓜ◖ ⓢⓤⓡⓔ❢◗◗ Charlotte smiled at Zephyr. "Which ones did you make?" she asked.

((^Sorry for shortness, not sure what to say for now loll next post will be longer!))

Last edited by Early Bird Special; 07-13-2011 at 02:34 AM..

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 07-13-2011, 02:33 AM

Zephyr's expression turned thoughtful and he tapped his chin with the pencil he held in his hand. "I think the question would be better phrased as what did I not make. I tend to go overboard so nobody else really gets to bake much, except Faye's croissants are the best~ I can never get enough of them." He seemed to realize he was getting off topic and grinned sheepishly. That lasted for but a moment before he clapped his hands together as an idea hit him.

"Oh! I just finished decorating a cake today. How about I show it to you and then you can be the first one to try it? I tried a new recipe, so I'm not sure how well it turned out."

musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, ...

Old 07-13-2011, 02:36 AM

Smiling in return at Alex, Delilah leaned over the counter she had since returned to. Someone had to man it, and her brother became a little... unfocused at times. Actually, most of the time. Her hand met his as she stuck it out to shake, feeling his warm fingers on her skin. "I don't think we have," she agreed and beamed at him.

Her right elbow rested gently on the counter as she took him in. She wondered about the relationship between him and Faye. At times he seemed almsot englufed with her, always talking to her and paying attention to her. She was unsure if Faye felt the same, she hadn't paid enough attention. Thinking of that, she glanced back at Kyle and gave him a warm smile too. "I'm Delilah," she introduced simply, not including her full name. She loved meeting new people and getting to know them, especially being in an area where she knew practically no one.

Early Bird Special

Old 07-13-2011, 02:44 AM

ⓣⓗⓔ ⓖⓘⓡⓛ had to laugh a little. He seemed so full of himself, though she had to hand it to him: it looked as though he deserved the credit; she could tell he'd been up from an early hour preparing food. As she looked around the cafe, she noticed all of the finely decorated cakes, pastries, and other sweets. Were all of these his handiwork? She still thought he might be exaggerating; but even if he'd only decorated a few of the cakes, she'd still be impressed. They were beautiful.

Turning back to Zephyr, her eyes lit up as he mentioned the new cake. "Sure!" she exclaimed, perhaps too eagerly. "I mean," she said quietly, looking at the floor. "I mean, I'd love to." She looked up at him, still hoping he wouldn't change his mind about her.

--------

ⓐⓛⓔⓧ ⓢⓜⓘⓛⓔⓓ back at Delilah. "Where are you from, Delilah?" he asked, noticing her accent for the first time. "You can't have picked it up around here." He raised an eyebrow, suddenly curious.

Lightning_Serah
The 'Boy Who Lived' has come to ...

Old 07-13-2011, 03:01 AM

Emma walked out from behind the counter, knowing she shouldn't have even been there in the first place. Emma thought about Demetri's question, before shaking her head, "No thanks." She told him, suddenly not in the mood for anything. She then looked at the counter, thinking of something, anything to say.

"So how long have you worked here?" She asked. Emma knew it was a tad random, but the thought hadn't occured to her before she actually said it.

Early Bird Special

Old 07-13-2011, 03:04 AM

((Guten nacht, my friends.))

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-13-2011, 03:10 AM

<<Buonanotte. (waits for a moment to come in)>>

Last edited by Aerinn; 07-13-2011 at 03:21 AM..

musikfreakx

Old 07-13-2011, 03:16 AM

"Heilbronn, Germany," Delilah said proudly, showing her pearly whites as she grinned. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she thought of home, her quaint little town on the outskirts of Bonn, the nation's old capital before Berlin. It was a beautiful place, made up of hills and valleys. That was one thing she missed about her country; it was so beautiful, so natural. Sure, America had its perks, but it couldn't replicate or even come close to matching Germany's gorgeous surroundings.

"It's beautiful," she added, coming out of her daydream of her native land. Alex stared at her curiously as she made her reply, Delilah havng to force herself to get her head out of the clouds

Thinking back, Demetri tried to remember how long his sister and he had worked at the cozy little cafe. "Eh... A few months, maybe.. half a year?" He glanced at his sister, raising an eyebrow in question. She sent him a brief nod. "Ja, six months," he said with a nod and a grin. They both loved working at the cafe that seemed to be stuck in older times; it oddly reminded them of the cafes in their hometown.

"Do you live here?" Demetri asked curiously, flipping his brown locks of hair as he peered at Emma. Wow, she was a sight, he thought to himself, letting his eyes wonder on her delicate features. He mentally scolded himself for looking so long, and returned his eyes to her own. Glancing to the kitchen, he wondered what was taking Faye so long. She was usually pretty quick on her feet, always making sure to keep the guests happy.

((Guten Nacht auch fuer dich! [good night to you too!] :) ))

Lightning_Serah

Old 07-13-2011, 04:04 AM

"That's cool." Emma told him. She wished she had a job at her parents house. Well, one like this one. Filled with great food, and great people.

Emma nodded at his question, "Yeah, well, temporarily anyways," She explained, "You see, we 'came' to my grandmothers house for the summer, but we will have to return to our parents once summer is over." She told him. She had to admit, he was kind of cute, well, maybe really cute. She shook her head slightly, before smiling.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-13-2011, 06:12 AM

Faye was about to rejoin the group outside when a thought stopped her in her tracks. She set the tray down on a kitchen counter. Everyone outside is talking and having a good time today. She smiled to herself. How nice... Maybe I should wait before I bring these out. She nodded at her decision and let the cafe work its magic.

musikfreakx

Old 07-13-2011, 06:24 PM

((Will wait for Early to post.))

Early Bird Special

Old 07-14-2011, 05:29 AM

[[sorry guys, I had a kinda busy day (work+then bf) sooo now I'm here... Working on a post, thanks for being patient!]]

----------

ⓐⓛⓔⓧ ⓢⓜⓘⓛⓔⓓ warmly. "I can tell," he said. "Just from the way you said it." He looked at her, imagining the home that must have inspired her wistful tone. "I'm sorry," he said, suddenly sad for her. "You must miss it there." He looked around the cafe.

"You know," he began. "I can relate to that... I mean, I've always lived in the same town... But it's changed so much since I was a kid, I hardly recognize it now." His jade eyes became misty as he thought of the warm, sunny home of his childhood. When people still had large yards, when everyone still knew each other; before the austere parking lots and designer shopping outlets.

Last edited by Early Bird Special; 07-14-2011 at 05:38 AM..

musikfreakx

Old 07-14-2011, 07:06 AM

Grinning back, Delilah felt a pang in her heart as she thought of home. She knew she had to come here to live out her dreams, to make something of herself and make her parents proud, but that didn't take away from the home sickness she occasionally experienced, usually when walking through a pretty park alone or staring out her window late at night.

"It's not your fault,"
she replied with a shrug, pushing off the apology. "I do, I really do," she added sadly, losing focus as she yet again drifted off to thoughts of her hometown. Coming back in focus, she gave Alex a feign smile. "I had to come here anyways, might as well make the best of it," the redhead said.

Raising an eyebrow, she glanced outside the window at the rest of the town. "I've only been here a short while, it hasn't always been like this," she asked intrigued. Staring at him, her mind began to wonder about all of the people in the cafe. The twins, of which the girl had taken a liking to Demetri, Faye who seemed to be Alex's long time crush, Zephyr and the wondering girl.

"Do you like it better here?" He asked her. Most people would take trips or move away from their hometown or childhood neighborhood, but always came back to their roots. It was a little fact he learned early on, and it interested him the Emma spoke as if she preferred the area here.

Stomach rumbling slightly, Demetri leaned back and glanced into the kitchen. "Faye!" He whisper called. "Sneak me one of Zephyr's cupcakes," he asked, usng his sweet voice and puppy dog eyes.

----------

((It's alright :D ))

Early Bird Special

Old 07-14-2011, 07:08 AM

((ugh toooo tired right now - it's 3 am here! I'll post tomorrow.))

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-14-2011, 03:42 PM

Faye heard Demitri's thickly accented voice call for her to bring cupcakes. "Customers first, Demitri!" she whispered back, but reluctantly went back to add an extra cupcake onto her tray. She then exited the kitchen to greet the rather lively outside. She slipped a cupcake to Demitri and continued to the rest of the customers. "Sorry for the wait, guys! I brought a bunch of goodies for you! With that, she unloaded, putting a cupcake and a croissant in front of every guest. "Today we have these adorably scrumptious lemon meringue cupcakes made by this guy," she pat Zephyr on the back, "and knowing him, they're top-notch!" But then she added sheepishly, "Still, he's got nothing on my croissants! Though they came out a bit darker than I would have liked..."

Faye then set the cup of coffee next to the two pastries on a vacant seat and gestured Charlotte to the table. "And a signature cup of love for our new visitor."

Lightning_Serah

Old 07-14-2011, 05:34 PM

Emma thought about his question, though she knew she didn't really need to. "Alot better. Here it's so calming, and peaceful, every one is so nice. To be honest, I'm going to hate going back home." She said. Just the thought of leaving here made her sad.

"What about you?" She asked, since hearing his sister say that the two were from Germany. Not to mention his accent kind of gave it away that they weren't from here. Both her and Kyle watched as Faye brought out the treats. THey both thanked her, before turning their attention back to who ever they were paying attention to before.

JessehBoo
oh comme je souhaite pour nos lè...
Send a message via AIM to JessehBoo

Old 07-14-2011, 10:10 PM

[[ i don't really know where everyone is so im just gonna start by walking to the cafe >.>]]

ⓙⓘ ⓗⓨⓔ "ⓙⓔⓝⓝⓨ" ⓣⓐⓝⓖ

"Ji Hye!" The girl groaned as she rolled on her side in her bed, covering her ear with her pillow. "Ji Hye!" The door to the girls shook as a fist banged on it from the other side. "침대에서 나와, 그것은 늦었어요!" (get out of bed, its late) Rolling over onto her back the girl opened her pale crystal blue eye at the ceiling. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she pulled the covers off her body and lene up into a sitting position. "I'm up mom!" She yelled and ran her hand through her hair, she had recently put reddish highlights in it, which thoroughly angered her mother. Looking around her small room she sighed, it though it was small she made due with what she had, for the house itself wasnt very big. Her kitten Cally was curled up on the end of her bed, looking out the window. Jenny reached over and picked her up and headed to the door opening see Mei groggily leaving her bedroom. "Morning Mei" the teen said with a smile and headed toward the kitchen.

Yelling could be heard as her feet made soft steps on the wooden hallway floor. Her parents were yelling at eachother in Korean about her fathers job, he had been beaten out for his promotion again and this angered Jenny's mother. Placing the kitten on the counter Jenny glanced over the the coffee pot, only to see it was empty. Sighing she walked back into her room, well at least this gave her an excuse to go to the cafe, read one of her book and relax for a bit. Picking through her closet she put together and outfit and grabbed her bag, tossing in "Sunday At Tiffany's" By James Patterson. "Im going to the cafe!" She yelled as she grabbed her keys and headed towards the door. "Ji Hye!" her mother called and the teen turned around, here it comes. "I'll need you to babysit Mei later, i have a job interview." Jenny sighed and glanced at her sister, eating cereal at the table. "Alright, just call me and I'll come home." she said with a sigh and headed out the door. Getting into her car she headed out to the cafe.

Parking outside she locked her doors and headed inside walking straight to the reading Nook. In her house there was always yelling so this was the only semi quite place she could read in peace. Taking a seat at the table in the farthest corner she took her book out of her bag and opened to her bookmark, continueing to read.

Last edited by JessehBoo; 07-17-2011 at 01:43 PM..

Lightning_Serah

Old 07-14-2011, 11:15 PM

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
Aaron groaned as his alarm went off. Sitting up and rubbing his head slightly, Aaron's eyes widened as he looked at the time. He scrambled to his feet, wondering how his alarm got set so late. Probably Ricky, a guy who had convinced Aaron that having him stay with him was a great idea. Shaking his head, Aaron knew that he couldn't do anything about it now, and that he just needed to get to work before he got fired. Although, they probably wouldn't need him to much, since it's not like he helped out with making anything. He was simply a singer for the cafe, since he couldn't bake to save his life.

Aaron quickly looked through his clothes, and decided on a plaid, button-up, short sleeve shirt, and some simple jeans. He then grabbed a backpack that sat on his dresser. Aaron didn't actually know what was in the backpack, and never bothered to look, but he brought it with him just in case he may use something from it someday. He also threw on some giant nerd glasses, which actually didn't do anything for his eyes, he just never went any where without them.

Aaron then went to his car, quickly getting into his car and going to the cafe. Aaron ran in looking around, hoping no one noticed he was gone, "Hey, sorry I'm so late. Over slept." He called out, but figured that no one even cared, since everybody seemed to be conversing with each other. He sighed of relief, before looking over, seeing a female reading a book. Now that wasn't any fun. He smiled, before slipping into the seat across from her.

"What book ya readin'?" He asked her with a wink.

JessehBoo

Old 07-15-2011, 12:45 AM

Jenny glanced up from her book, she was at he part where the girl was reminiscing about her imaginary friend from her childhood. Without closing the book she simply said "You can read the cover can't you?" Her index finger lightly tapped against the cover as she held the book in her hands. She always found it funny when people asked that question to her, since nearly every book she read had the name on either the cover or the spine of the book. Usually it was guys trying to pick her up, but she was usually unfazed by it.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-15-2011, 01:27 AM

Faye looked up. She saw a beautiful Korean girl with curled hair walk in. "Good morning!" she called out, "Would you like something to drink?"

She then saw Aaron walk in and heard him apologize for waking up late, coincidentally the same reason she had. "Oh, mornin', Aaron!" She waved happily. But then she laughed and remarked, "Man, everyone's so late today... But she wasn't bothered by it. Sometimes, as the eldest staff member, she felt like she should care more, but today she shrugged it off. The cafe was about having a good time, and she wouldn't ruin the moment with thoughts like that.

She saw Aaron talk to the Asian, and decided to slip away to get some coffee for her.

Lightning_Serah

Old 07-15-2011, 04:30 AM

"Hey Faye!" Aaron greeted. He chuckled at her comment about everyone being late today, "Oh, good, so I'm not the only one." He smiled, before turning his attention back to the girl he was talking to earlier as Faye went to get the female some coffee. He chuckled at her comment.

"You're right, I suppose I can..." He said, while looking at the cover, "Ahh, I love this book." He told her, although it was a lie. He didn't read books often, he generally didn't have the patience for them, and the few ones he did bother to look into were never good enough for him to actually remember what went on in the book.

JessehBoo

Old 07-15-2011, 04:35 AM

The asian raised and eyebrow and placed her bookmark into the page she had stopped reading at and placed the book down. "Oh? well what did you think of the character Michael?" Jenny questioned, testing to see if he, like the other men, were never really interested in the book she was reading. Glancing up at the woman he had been talking to she saw the person had already gone, most likely preparing an order for someone else. Returning her eyes to the man sitting across from her she waited for his answer.

zovilove
Life is full of darks and lights...

Old 07-16-2011, 12:17 AM

Amelia had been staring at her ceiling for hours when her alarm rang. She hit the button that shut it off abruptly and stretched her arms, as if she had just woken up. She placed her feet on the cold wooden floor of her little apartment and then got up. Amelia walked towards her dresser and pulled out her overalls and her only striped tank top. She quickly changed into these and then grabbed a pair of neon green converse. Then she walked into her small bathroom that she shared with her brother, and fixed her hair. Amelia covered up the dark circles under her eyes and put on mascara. She slightly smiled at herself in the mirror and then brushed her teeth.

Since her brother may have been sleeping at the time, she tiptoed past his door into the kitchen. She only grabbed a single pear and then put a post-it on the door saying, 'Went to work, I will call you when I am coming home :)'.
Amelia then walked out the door, grabbing a gray jacket on her way out. She walked down the streets waving to people and saying good morning, while eating her pear. Suddenly she stopped because she had reached her workplace and walked through the doors. "I am here!" She said in a singsongy voice.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-16-2011, 12:50 AM

Faye heard Amelia chime in as she entered. However, she was too far away to call back, so she made quick work of preparing a cup of coffee, a cupcake, and a croissant for Jenny. Jenny frequented the cafe for quite some time, usually reading a different book every few days, as Faye recalled.

Popping out of the kitchen, she greeted Amelia warmly.
"But darn, Amelia, you're the last one to cross the finish line," she joked, gesturing towards the other staff members, "Everyone else is here before you!" Faye then served Jenny, carefully placing the ceramic cup and two plates on the table, and quickly backed away to let Aaron have a proper conversation.

JessehBoo

Old 07-16-2011, 02:34 AM

Jenny smiled at Faye, and took in a big breathe of the coffee, delicious as always. "Mmm, Faye you always remember what i like." She said with a smile and took a sip of the coffee. It warmed her whole body and she instantly felt relaxed. She usually saw Faye here when she'd come to read and the woman would bring her one of the few things on the menu Jenny usually ordered when she walked in. Jenny appreciated it dearly and usually gave the girl very generous tips for the kind action.