HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 12-23-2010, 04:17 PM

Sizz: Central CA, in the valley. But yeah, Socal is getting hit pretty hard; at least I don't have to worry about mudslides here...

Oh man, that sounds awesome! I would love a white christmas, until reality hits me in the face and I realize snow is cold and wet and puts a damper on all traveling plans. I don't even know what chains on tires are supposed to help with, much less how to put them on. :lol:

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 12-23-2010, 04:20 PM

hehehe. Okay, so dried flowers are okay I suppose. I do have several bouquets of roses from my man that are dried and hung up in my apartment. XD

@Hammy: Oh yeah, I know central Cali is also getting a lot of rain. God, I can't even imagine what it'd be like to have mudslide. Aack! NO good, no good. Here it's tornadoes you've gotta worry about. :yes:

Yeah, snow's all nice and good when you're a kid and you don't have to drive in it! I hate driving in the snow. People here are already assholes on the road, and when you get snow involved, it's just bad news tennis shoes. :/ People do dumb things when they drive. Snow just makes it that much more dangerous. :yes: I've never put chains on my tires though -- you don't really need 'em unless there's a lot of snow. They just provide more traction. :yes:

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 12-23-2010, 04:20 PM

I love snow, but its cold and wet.....and when I have to take the dog for a walk, she wont use the bathroom when it is snowy. ._.

Sizz: YAY!!! *sticks some dead flowers in your hair* You look so pretty with those in your hair!

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 12-23-2010, 04:27 PM

I think I'd take mudslides and earthquakes over gigantic tornados. :shock:

Haha, oh that makes sense. I'm such a snow noob. Rain makes people drive crazy too; I've seen at least 5 accidents while out Christmas shopping. Only the aftermath tho, and thankfully none are very serious.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-23-2010, 04:30 PM

@momo: My cat always goes out on the porch, gets her feet all wet in the snow and decides she wants to come back in immediately. XP

*flaunts her dead/dried hairflowers* :D

@Hammy: I'm not afraid of tornadoes anymore. When the sirens go off, I'm more likely to look out the window/go outside than to take cover. :lol: It's all about what you're used to I guess. XP

:lol: Snow noob. :lol: Yeah, rain is not good either. But I think snow's worse, since there's an even greater chance of sliding around -- though I think ice/sleet is, BY FAR, the worst thing to have to drive in. :yes: Around here, our streets aren't salted/plowed enough, and I tend to slide into curbs sometimes, especially when I have to stop at the bottom of a hill. It's better to slide slowly into a curb than out into traffic because I couldn't stop at the stop sign.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 12-23-2010, 04:35 PM

*sings Christmas tunes on her way in*

Holla! I have to wear a mask here though because I am coughing and I don;t want to infect anyone with my sicknesses >.<

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 12-23-2010, 04:35 PM

I've just seen too many movies and tv shows about horrible juggernaut tornados, I guess. :lol:

Oh man, I watched a video of people sliding around on this hill street in Seattle... I can only imagine how bad it can be when its actually a srs amount of snow/sleet. :gonk:

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-23-2010, 04:39 PM

Mornin' Pancake! :D I'm not afraid of your virtual germs. No need to wear a mask. XP Plus, I haven't gotten sick in years now. I swear by Vitamin C, healthy eating and exercise. :D

@Hamlet: Yeah, the movies make tornadoes out to be much scarier than they are. I mean, granted, if you really have a tornado touch down in your area, it will do a ton of damage. Luckily, I've never had tornado damage at any of the places where I've lived. Although I have been "chased" by a tornado when my boyfriend and I were out driving in the country once. It was right behind us as we drove from county to county. Then there was another time I was driving back to my college town from home, and a tornado passed over the area I was in. I had to stop and take cover under a bridge because I was seriously afraid for my life. But in all my 29 years, those were my only two close encounters with tornadoes. XP

Yeah, driving in snow is soooo scary. I hate it, but usually I don't have a choice but to drive in it. :yes:

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 12-23-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzla View Post
@momo: My cat always goes out on the porch, gets her feet all wet in the snow and decides she wants to come back in immediately. XP

*flaunts her dead/dried hairflowers* :D

@Hammy: I'm not afraid of tornadoes anymore. When the sirens go off, I'm more likely to look out the window/go outside than to take cover. :lol: It's all about what you're used to I guess. XP

:lol: Snow noob. :lol: Yeah, rain is not good either. But I think snow's worse, since there's an even greater chance of sliding around -- though I think ice/sleet is, BY FAR, the worst thing to have to drive in. :yes: Around here, our streets aren't salted/plowed enough, and I tend to slide into curbs sometimes, especially when I have to stop at the bottom of a hill. It's better to slide slowly into a curb than out into traffic because I couldn't stop at the stop sign.
My cats like to do that, they go outside, then come back in with nasty paws. ._.;;

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-23-2010, 04:41 PM

Wow! I have been sic wayy too many times this year >.< Its getting scary. Probably because my immune system isn't the best...

But I have gotten a bucket load of vitamin C from the doctors today so that should help me stay healthy!

And thanks for having me in here even though I am coughing! *coughcough*

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-23-2010, 04:47 PM

@momo: Oh fickle kitties... but I love mine. XD

@Pancake: It's important to have a healthy immune system! Have you been taking a lot of antibiotics or something? If your immune system is down, I also seriously recommend probiotics. I swear they also will keep you healthy and your system in good running order. :D I ran out of mine a week ago, and need to get some more very soon. :yes:

I don't know what your doctors told you, but you can take a lot of vitamin C -- I take 3,000 mg a day, which is more than the "recommended daily value," but you can take up to 8,000-10,000 mg and not have any problems. And really, the only side effect of taking too much is you get to go to the bathroom a lot. :lol: So yeah, take your vitamin C, start eating stuff with garlic (or take garlic supplements -- also good for the immune system) and get a probiotic (or yogurt with active cultures). :D

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-23-2010, 04:49 PM

I only really take antibiotics when my doctor prescribes them really O.o But I try to take lots of Chinese herbs in my food. I think I was born quite weak as a child. Mom always made Chinese herbal soup everyday for us. Lately because I am at work, I have not been drinking enough soup >.<

----------

EDIT: I'm off to bed now! I will come in here to post again!

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 12-23-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzla View Post
@momo: Oh fickle kitties... but I love mine. XD

@Pancake: It's important to have a healthy immune system! Have you been taking a lot of antibiotics or something? If your immune system is down, I also seriously recommend probiotics. I swear they also will keep you healthy and your system in good running order. :D I ran out of mine a week ago, and need to get some more very soon. :yes:

I don't know what your doctors told you, but you can take a lot of vitamin C -- I take 3,000 mg a day, which is more than the "recommended daily value," but you can take up to 8,000-10,000 mg and not have any problems. And really, the only side effect of taking too much is you get to go to the bathroom a lot. :lol: So yeah, take your vitamin C, start eating stuff with garlic (or take garlic supplements -- also good for the immune system) and get a probiotic (or yogurt with active cultures). :D
I love my kitties too, but there poopsies are a pain in the ass to clean up.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 12-23-2010, 11:54 PM

On the tornadoes subject, I'm terrified of them. When I was a little kid there was one near our area. The place we lived in didn't have a basement and we weren't even home at the time, so we had to rush home, load up all of our pets into the car (and our neighbors because they didn't have a car at the time) and then go to my dad's place of work to use their basement (it was also in the path of the tornado). For a while they wouldn't let us bring the animals inside. So my friend and I were in the basement while my mom was upstairs and we were freaking out (we were 7-8). Eventually the tornado got close enough that they let us bring the animals downstairs.

The tornado ended up lifting and not hitting our area, but it scared me so badly that I've been petrified of tornadoes ever since. And as I'm sure you know, Sizz, Missouri gets lots of 'em in the spring. >< So I'm thrown into a panic every time I hear the sirens.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-24-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa-pancake View Post
I only really take antibiotics when my doctor prescribes them really O.o But I try to take lots of Chinese herbs in my food. I think I was born quite weak as a child. Mom always made Chinese herbal soup everyday for us. Lately because I am at work, I have not been drinking enough soup >.<

----------

EDIT: I'm off to bed now! I will come in here to post again!
Well, in the U.S., doctors prescribe them for anything and everything. But they're really bad for your immune system, so it's best not to use them too often. When I moved, the allergens changed so suddenly that I got tonsillitis several times in a matter of months. I took so many antibiotics that my immune system was shot. It was terrible. I'm good now, but it took a long time to recover from all those antibiotics. :yes: Probiotics are my friend. :yes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momochan View Post
I love my kitties too, but there poopsies are a pain in the ass to clean up.
heh. Yeah, it's gross, but I use scoopable litter, so it's kinda like digging in a sandbox... :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
On the tornadoes subject, I'm terrified of them. When I was a little kid there was one near our area. The place we lived in didn't have a basement and we weren't even home at the time, so we had to rush home, load up all of our pets into the car (and our neighbors because they didn't have a car at the time) and then go to my dad's place of work to use their basement (it was also in the path of the tornado). For a while they wouldn't let us bring the animals inside. So my friend and I were in the basement while my mom was upstairs and we were freaking out (we were 7-8). Eventually the tornado got close enough that they let us bring the animals downstairs.

The tornado ended up lifting and not hitting our area, but it scared me so badly that I've been petrified of tornadoes ever since. And as I'm sure you know, Sizz, Missouri gets lots of 'em in the spring. >< So I'm thrown into a panic every time I hear the sirens.
Yeah, despite my close encounters with tornados, I don't panic when the sirens go off anymore. XP

But I've never lived somewhere that didn't have a basement. I'd probably freak out in that case. Totally. You've gotta have a basement if you live in the Midwest!

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-24-2010, 05:59 PM

It is officially Christmas here :)

I somehow feel happy even though I had a pretty crappy start to the day. But just the day itself being Christmas, I seem to have forgotten all about it and am happy!

And I have a gathering with friends later too! Yay!

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 12-24-2010, 06:26 PM

Random question here, does any of you guys know whats in the EI's? I know whats in Old Jack Frost and Homa made Angel EI's but I don't know whats in the other EI's...and I don't want to buy something that I m going to be selling back to the store and getting half of my money back!

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-25-2010, 03:15 AM

Here momo:
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/1768807212-post4.html

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 12-25-2010, 05:12 AM

Thank you Sixzz! :hug:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 12-25-2010, 05:33 AM

Sizz - Yes! Luckily, we have a basement now. So I'm much less panicky about it than I used to be. But sometimes it still throws me into a scare and I run down into the basement with my most treasured belongings even if the tornado isn't near. >>

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-26-2010, 09:18 AM

Snow days with Supah Sizz?
Dude, i'm totally dressed for a snow day

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-26-2010, 02:31 PM

Loving your avatar Suona! Its down right Chilly! :)

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 12-26-2010, 11:58 PM

Looking at Suona makes me cold. *shivers*

How was your guys's holidays? :D

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 12-27-2010, 12:29 AM

I can't say I've ever experienced a snow day living in Phoenix for 20.5 years. I wish! It's the ultimate childhood dream. Snow days to get out of school for the day haha!

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-27-2010, 02:57 AM

Hey guys! :D

It's been a crazy weekend. I haven't been home much until about an hour ago. XP

How was everyone's Christmas? Anyone get anything good? :D

:lol: Aww, poor Seiki! Snow days were awesome. :D You missed out!

----------

My holiday weekend was fairly uneventful. I saw relatives, hung out with my mom a lot and ate a bunch of food. XP I dread getting on the scale tomorrow. :lol: Ah well, it was worth it. I :heart: my mom's cooking.