Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-11-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Yeah, I don't know jack diddly about any of that stuff. I've never even tried pixeling, and that alone looks so beyond hard to me. xP The stuff they can create is just breathtaking. We are very fortunate to have such amazing pixelists here.

Mmmhmmm. I haven't heard about it in a really long time, so I'm not sure who all does that kind of stuff. But I do believe that certain tasks at times need to wait for other staff. On that note, we haven't heard anything about Jelly. I wonder what's going on.

There is one that you hold under your arm. Its part of the Cheesy Romance CI.
I 100% agree - mine were all on one layer and were super basic! I actually think I still have them somewhere.. -digs around-
FOUND SOME! These were my early efforts - The Belles and Alice were some of my later attempts xD;

I GET AN E FOR EFFORT RIGHT?!?!?

Hmm - me too! I think we were discussing this a few weeks ago weren't we? There hasn't been any news since! Hope it's nothing serious. :(

Ohhh! I forgot about that one! Good call!

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 11:32 AM ----------

Also -- woot for page 200! :D

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 06-11-2015, 03:48 PM

lol Those are way better than I could do
They're not bad except that they're fuzzy looking. Like they're a little blurred. Otherwise, I'd say you did pretty well. I really like Belle's hair.

Yes, we were. It's just been so long now.

We have a few books in CI's, actually. They're gradually popping up a bit. I think you guys covered the other ones for the most part. From what I remember, there are books in Wizard's Wish as well. And there is one that is under the arm if she wanted a larger book. I'll actually go edit that into the post I told her in, that way she sees it .

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 06-11-2015, 03:49 PM

The belle and alice aren't bad ^.^

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-11-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
lol Those are way better than I could do
They're not bad except that they're fuzzy looking. Like they're a little blurred. Otherwise, I'd say you did pretty well. I really like Belle's hair.

Yes, we were. It's just been so long now.

We have a few books in CI's, actually. They're gradually popping up a bit. I think you guys covered the other ones for the most part. From what I remember, there are books in Wizard's Wish as well. And there is one that is under the arm if she wanted a larger book. I'll actually go edit that into the post I told her in, that way she sees it .
Thank you! <3

Yeahhhhhh - the blur tool was my way of shading - it was the only way I knew how That and the burn tool.... Those were my go-to tools T_T That and they were done on a really old computer so they lost picture quality over the years haha! And I stole these from Facebook, so that made it even worse xD; I mean really, I don't think I can make them any worse quality if I tried!!!

No no that's what I mean! It's been a few weeks now since we last chatted about it and at that point it had already been a really long time!

Oh I forgot about that one! Good call on the Wizard's Wish! I could only think of the one from around the time of the smoke and chains and stone walls - I don't remember if it's in that CI or if it's in one from around that time period - but the one on the pedestal! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
The belle and alice aren't bad ^.^
Thank you! Alice was my favorite - Belle didn't get finished but I loved how it was going so far - I also started a line of Cards but I don't know if I have those saved anymore - they're probably on an old external hard drive of my Mom's - she always used to back up our computers religiously so if anything I bet it's floating around one of those! :3

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 06-11-2015, 04:32 PM

I wish I still had photoshop. I burned all my copies of it on a laptop that broke, one that eventually died, and my dads laptop. :( Now I no longer have it. It was so helpful to have around. I liked the burn tool, too, but it was pretty easy to overdo it and ruin the image. It would sort of distort it, I guess kind of like it was actually burned

Exactly. :( But I don't think anyone well tell us what's going on. We'll need to have a little party whenever she comes back. I'm sure we all miss her very much.

Yes, the basement dweller has a book on a pedestal, but it just makes me think of someone giving a speech. I haven't ever used it.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-11-2015, 04:40 PM

Oh that stinks!! We still have a really old version of it but I don't know how good it is - my brother has a ton of newer programs though because he's in the computer tech field and he gets so many programs for free from his instructors! Lucky little bugger gets all of the good stuff xD;

I'm starting to think we probably won't hear anything, which is a shame. I mean, it's not like no one is going to notice that Jelly hasn't been on for like, months it seems! It's definitely been several weeks at minimum. :/ And I agree on a party! A welcome back thread is definitely warranted :3

That's what it is! Haha Yeah - I always picture it with a dark avi or with a ministry-type avi - though now that we have the floating books and black floor books, I don't really see it with a dark avi as much haha! I did use it for a wedding avi once - I made it seem like the bride was left at the alter - though I reallyyy want to do a crazy Vegas wedding one using the Romantic guys and girls! Would be so much fun xD; <3

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 06-11-2015, 05:14 PM

My brother is a computer nerd in the Air Force. I should see if he can get me one. ;P

Yes, well, it's been about a month and a half since she's even posted anything. That's not to say she hasn't been on, because she has it set so that you can't see when she was last on. RL probably got really hectic for her. It can certainly do that at times

Ooh, yeah, it would suit a wedding one, too. It just seems so formal to me. I can't really imagine it with an avi very well.

Goodness. We have baby birds in a nest box on our porch and they are super loud right now. They must have only recently gotten old enough to be loud enough to hear, because I haven't noticed them at all before today.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 06-11-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
I 100% agree - mine were all on one layer and were super basic! I actually think I still have them somewhere.. -digs around-
FOUND SOME! These were my early efforts - The Belles and Alice were some of my later attempts xD;

I GET AN E FOR EFFORT RIGHT?!?!?

Hmm - me too! I think we were discussing this a few weeks ago weren't we? There hasn't been any news since! Hope it's nothing serious. :(

Ohhh! I forgot about that one! Good call!

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 11:32 AM ----------

Also -- woot for page 200! :D
i love the first two and the fourth one their very good.

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 06-11-2015, 10:36 PM

I wish someone would at least update us on Jelly, ya know....so we know she's still alive and all :(
I don't know why, but it just seems that lately everything is hush hush around here. No news on Jelly, no news on the CI, I don't think we were even told there wouldn't be an Easter event this year until after it had passed. I'm thinking maybe we'll get just one CI this month since it's almost the 15th - which is totally fine with me (I'm not meaning to complain or anything, I know Wishie is really the only CI pixelist around here and it's hard for just 1 person to tackle that much pixeling) - it would just be nice if we knew. I'm not trying to offend or upset anyone, because I know everyone is super super busy in real life, it's just worrisome that we aren't being kept in the loop. I hope the sites not struggling and that's why nothing is being said...

Last edited by fireprincess; 06-11-2015 at 10:39 PM..

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 06-12-2015, 03:18 AM

Yes, I am worried about her as well. :(

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 06-12-2015, 03:41 AM

Awesome avi, Velvet! I really like it

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 06-12-2015, 04:25 AM

*huggles cute Timon Cosplay*

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 06-12-2015, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireprincess View Post
I wish someone would at least update us on Jelly, ya know....so we know she's still alive and all :(
I don't know why, but it just seems that lately everything is hush hush around here. No news on Jelly, no news on the CI, I don't think we were even told there wouldn't be an Easter event this year until after it had passed. I'm thinking maybe we'll get just one CI this month since it's almost the 15th - which is totally fine with me (I'm not meaning to complain or anything, I know Wishie is really the only CI pixelist around here and it's hard for just 1 person to tackle that much pixeling) - it would just be nice if we knew. I'm not trying to offend or upset anyone, because I know everyone is super super busy in real life, it's just worrisome that we aren't being kept in the loop. I hope the sites not struggling and that's why nothing is being said...
I agree on all accounts I don't care if there's more then one CI, i mean it'd be sad to lose the second CI but if they had to down grade it to one CI a month that' dstill be fine.. but im more worried that we haven't HEARD anything. not a peep. i consider the people who run Mene my family and I like to know what's going on with said family.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 06-12-2015, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
*huggles cute Timon Cosplay*
*does the hula for you* ;)

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 06-12-2015, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Awesome avi, Velvet! I really like it
Thank you! I cna say the same about yours. :D

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-12-2015, 06:03 AM

Quote:
My brother is a computer nerd in the Air Force. I should see if he can get me one. ;P

Yes, well, it's been about a month and a half since she's even posted anything. That's not to say she hasn't been on, because she has it set so that you can't see when she was last on. RL probably got really hectic for her. It can certainly do that at times

Ooh, yeah, it would suit a wedding one, too. It just seems so formal to me. I can't really imagine it with an avi very well.

Goodness. We have baby birds in a nest box on our porch and they are super loud right now. They must have only recently gotten old enough to be loud enough to hear, because I haven't noticed them at all before today.
Haha You should!! You never know - it might work!! ;P

Ohhh - that's true - I guess we can't for sure say she hasn't been on, then - I forget you can turn invisible haha! But yeah - I thought it was going on a couple of months now - hopefully it's just chaos!

I feel the same :3 I don't really see it fitting with the CI it's with, but it has uses in other areas! Mainly church or wedding xD; That's literally all I can think of for it!!

Aww - yay for growing but their chirping is definitely a nightmare lol I go through it everryyyyy spring! I actually haven't heard the babies yet this year, surprisingly - I have heard the adults though - and the mamas are major preggers so it's only a matter of time haha! When the daddies start feeding the mamas on the telephone wire, you knowwww they're about to pop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
i love the first two and the fourth one their very good.
Thank you!! :D <3
I did them years ago but it's always nice to hear that they're still liked even though they're nothing like what today's CG quality is! Definitely a fond memory, that's for sure <3

---------- Post added 06-12-2015 at 02:06 AM ----------

Also loving the avi Velvet! What are you using for the dress? The Viking look is really working - it kinda makes me want to start watching that Vikings TV show that I keep wanting to watch haha!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 06-12-2015, 06:17 AM

@ Velvet - Thank you :)

@ Emma - Yes. It throws me off at times.

Exactly. I can't see it being much past that either. But then again, sometimes people can be pretty creative with how they use items

lol I actually love the sound of the birds. Just the pretty birds, though. We mainly have sparrows and finches that nest in the boxes, and they are cute, so I don't mind. My dad is a major bird lover, so he makes a lot of birdhouses. Haha. We have a ton. There are four just on the front of our house and 2 or three more on the back. They get used every year, too.

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 06-12-2015, 12:21 PM

I decided to try and make a book. This is what I have so far.
Also, those books are expensive. orz

The dots are the colours I was using. xD

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-12-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
@ Emma - Yes. It throws me off at times.

Exactly. I can't see it being much past that either. But then again, sometimes people can be pretty creative with how they use items

lol I actually love the sound of the birds. Just the pretty birds, though. We mainly have sparrows and finches that nest in the boxes, and they are cute, so I don't mind. My dad is a major bird lover, so he makes a lot of birdhouses. Haha. We have a ton. There are four just on the front of our house and 2 or three more on the back. They get used every year, too.
That's very true! I've seen items used in ways I never really thought about before so it's definitely possible :3

We generally have bluejays and crows etc.- sometimes robins, sparrows, and finches - depends on who lays claim to our trees first! Sometimes I don't mind, but when they're right outside my window and start before the sun has even finished rising, I hate it T_T; When I'm awake it's not so bad, but when I'm asleep? Yeah no - they need to go LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio_Moustache View Post
I decided to try and make a book. This is what I have so far.
Also, those books are expensive. orz

The dots are the colours I was using. xD
Looking good so far! :D

And yeahhh - they have gotten to be pretty expensive because they're so old now We could use a few common choices for sure!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 06-12-2015, 04:17 PM

@ emma - Yeah, people can be so creative. I'm often fascinated by how people use items.

Yeah, I loathe blue jays. They're mean, and they sound awful. The babies sound even worse. It's as though something is dying. Luckily we don't get any that nest in our trees. Crows sound equally bad, but they don't nest here either. The robins use the trees, and sometimes the little birds, but they usually use the nest boxes. Yeah, awful sounding birds in the morning is a grumpy way to start. I'd just feed the blue jay babies to my snake. >:( Prevent them from spreading their evil

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 06-12-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Also loving the avi Velvet! What are you using for the dress? The Viking look is really working - it kinda makes me want to start watching that Vikings TV show that I keep wanting to watch haha!
Thank you. I'm glad you could tell the theme I was going for. And the dress is called Lena Gown. They are in Emporio Palazzo.

---------- Post added 06-12-2015 at 05:18 PM ----------

You guys are silly. Birds are amazing little creatures. Even bluejays. They might be a little mean and over protective, but wouldn't you be if something 100 times larger than you was coming near your baby or house? Sure, they can be annoying, loud, and they crap on everything, but they are pretty cool. Around here we have such a large variety, though there tends to be more black birds than the other song birds. But with the right feeders, you can attract finches, humming birds, cardinals, and other pretty colored birds. We even have different types of wood peckers around here.
The mocking birds are by far the most protective though.. Go too close to their nest and you will be chased. Ahaha. We even get the occasional owl and hawk that's on the hunt for the squirrels and chipmunks that come around for the seeds.. Poor little guys.
But that's okay, after all, lots of birds can mean a healthy environment.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 06-12-2015, 07:28 PM

I don't dislike blue jays because they are ugly noisy and protective, but because they are cruel and plain mean. They destroy every nest, egg, and baby bird they can find. They drive all the other birds away and attack everything. They're just not pleasant birds to have around. They kill our robins every year, and lately they've been seeking out all the doves too. I hate them, and I'm an animal lover. Lol.

@ pistachio - that looks great so far! Although the paper near the binding seems to be folding in, like its curved, which is usually straight on books. you're quite good at pixeling

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 06-13-2015, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Haha You should!! You never know - it might work!! ;P

Ohhh - that's true - I guess we can't for sure say she hasn't been on, then - I forget you can turn invisible haha! But yeah - I thought it was going on a couple of months now - hopefully it's just chaos!

I feel the same :3 I don't really see it fitting with the CI it's with, but it has uses in other areas! Mainly church or wedding xD; That's literally all I can think of for it!!

Aww - yay for growing but their chirping is definitely a nightmare lol I go through it everryyyyy spring! I actually haven't heard the babies yet this year, surprisingly - I have heard the adults though - and the mamas are major preggers so it's only a matter of time haha! When the daddies start feeding the mamas on the telephone wire, you knowwww they're about to pop!

Thank you!! :D <3
I did them years ago but it's always nice to hear that they're still liked even though they're nothing like what today's CG quality is! Definitely a fond memory, that's for sure <3

---------- Post added 06-12-2015 at 02:06 AM ----------

their very good. and i like both modern and past arts..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-13-2015, 02:01 PM

It's time for your (somewhat belated ) Friday Admin's Pick!

This week's winner is... McNugget:!

When I first saw this avi a few weeks ago I immediately fell in love with it. It's simple and yet with just a few items, McNugget has manage to make a wonderfully whimsical avi! The alignment of the two water spirits fits perfectly with the umbrella's pose and the symmetrical background nicely balances the weight of the top half. Just what are these silly spirits and hummingbirds doing? I really don't know but it looks like they are having fun in their mischief!

Let's give a big round of applause to McNugget on his fourth star!

BellyButton:

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 06-13-2015, 02:51 PM

Congrats, Nuggers!! :)
I especially love the bottom of the avi and how the items later together