Penpal

Old 04-19-2014, 04:37 AM

At least you're wanted. :)

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-21-2014, 08:53 PM

Poet - that's true XD

April 21, 2014

Some days I just feel so run down. I go to work and come home and do home work. Then go to work and come home and do homework. It's never ending. With my class ending on Wednesday, we have some major projects due...and sometimes I look at it and think, "There is no way I will do this" and yet I always push myself and pull through some how. Hopefully this will be the case this time as well!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 04-23-2014, 12:55 AM

Maria, you should tell your students that 'teachers have to do homework too'

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-25-2014, 12:42 AM

Ling - lol - I totally do!! Some of them don't care >.< I have a percussion ensemble that meets after school on Mondays. I had one kid who was late being picked up so much that he would be picked up 45 minutes after the ensemble met. I told him he needed to start getting picked up on time or he couldn't participate anymore. And all the kids were like, "Well, what's so important that you can't stay here and watch him?" >.<

I wish they knew how much I actually cared about giving them a good music education D;

hummy: wanted an update on my project! We have 29 days left and 923 dollars to raise! The optimistic side of me wants to think it might come true but the realistic side is saying, "probably not."

Buuuut I can relist for a smaller amount after this project ends. The donors to this project will have the option of using the money to still send to me but for a different project if it comes to that!

Orff Instruments!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-25-2014, 12:45 AM

i hope you jmake it sweetie <3

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-25-2014, 02:09 PM

Oh wait, so if you don't hit your target you don't get the money? But...It's already given! I don't like that >.> The site holds the money, and no doubt gains a bunch of interest from it... Hmm >.> I'm confused.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-25-2014, 07:44 PM

Sites like that hold the money but don't charge you until the end, if it doesn't finish, the money is returned.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-25-2014, 08:07 PM

jellysundae: - if the project fails - what happens is - the donor has the option of either sending it to you via gift card or crediting to a different project - OR if you have no faith that the person will ever complete the project - you can donate it to a different project. It's just an option to give to the donors who decide, "Well she didn't complete it - what a moron" XD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-25-2014, 08:52 PM

Interesting, I'd just assumed that you got whatever had been donated, even if it didn't reach the target.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-01-2014, 02:17 AM

MARIA♥SUCCESS

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-02-2014, 10:54 PM

Aw thanks Hummy <3

I got observed on Tuesday by my boss at the county level. I think I did a good job during the lesson but I have yet to sit down and talk to her about it because she took off right after the lesson and then cancelled our meeting today because she was sick.

On Wednesday I got to go see an amazing school in the county above us. The teachers were just incredible! I really had fun.

When I got back I checked my email - I got an email from my boss saying she wanted this teacher at another school who is also a new teacher to come and observe me next week. It sounded like she wasn't happy with what he was doing at his school and wanted him to come see what I was doing!!! O////O So much pressure!!! XDDDD

It's been a rough week at school though. 6th graders are getting WORSE because it's so close to the end of the year.

Plus I told them all we weren't going on the Disney Field Trip this year. I've been telling them all year that if they couldn't behave, they weren't going. And they thought it was an empty threat. So I put my foot down and we aren't going. So I've had a few of them quit chorus this week because of it....oh well.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-02-2014, 10:59 PM

Woah... total model teacher eh? Congrats!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-02-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Woah... total model teacher eh? Congrats!
Aw thanks Poet! Apparently my boss REALLY likes me. I mean - she chose me to be part of some writing team this summer (as a new and fresh teacher - the only new one chosen)...although the dates conflict with a certification class I'm taking unfortunately. In addition, my Principal always tells her how much she LOVES me apparently XDD

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-02-2014, 11:06 PM

Have you decided class or meetings yet? That sounds like a really hard choice.

Well, mene loves Maria too, sounds like liking you is popular

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-02-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Have you decided class or meetings yet? That sounds like a really hard choice.

Well, mene loves Maria too, sounds like liking you is popular
I'm doing the class because I have someone donating 300 dollars for me to attend the class. It's such a wonderful gift I'd be stupid to turn it down. There is always next summer for the writing team :)

Aww O////O I try to be nice and work hard :)

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-02-2014, 11:17 PM

That's true. Surely they'll understand why you'll turn it down right?

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 05-06-2014, 02:23 AM

It's good that the principal likes you... given she's a principal and you're a new teacher... it's probably an indication of either your ability to teach and potential to improve and become a great experienced teacher one day...cudos to you Maria!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-09-2014, 01:05 AM

This is my life:

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 05-09-2014, 08:30 PM

Ahh...Maria...I feel your pain...I'm not a teacher by profession, but I'm one of those types of people who try to help others by telling them a better way of doing it if i can think of one.

So I can get frustrated when the person I try to help in that way still does it the least effective/efficient way that they always did anyway.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-23-2014, 10:28 PM

Maria♥ that made me laugh like crazy!
*hugs*
i won't do the thing you just told my classmate to do
*resistance is futile*

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-02-2014, 08:49 AM

Maria... while tutoring a class I was in I experienced the worst of all the forms that can take.
When I told them to do something they would do something totally different. Like telling him to click "here" and he'd click "there". Tell him to do "this" and he would do "that". The only way to teach him was to take his mouse and do it for him... >.<
Another guy if you tried to help him he would delete his work and start all over every time you critiqued it. It was horrible... and you'd have to walk him through it from scratch.

Oh yeah... then there was the "I know exactly what I'm doing" guy... who was always about as lost as a fish in a toilet.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-11-2014, 01:20 PM

haha isn't it funny how every class seems to have the same "type" of people? XD

I realize it's been a while since I wrote an entry - so I will write one now. :)

June 11, 2014

It's been a while since I have written an update. The school year ended and I have officially survived my second year teaching (and my first year at this school). I am proud to say that I was asked to return as the music teacher for next year and so I, for once, do not have to go job hunting this summer :) It's really nice!!!

We had a talent show and a spring concert within a week of each other at the end of the year. It totally wore me out!! Our Talent Show was a thursday and then the Spring Concert was the next Thursday. And then I ended up taking Friday off after that concert. I slept most of the day lol! Which is really weird for me because I have developed a reputation as someone who can NOT nap.

My birthday was May 31st and I am officially a quarter of a century old D: *feels old* I had some good birthday memories and not so good ones. Hummy and everyone on mene surprised me with a birthday thread :) that was incredibly sweet!! And I hung out with my boyfriend and my mom. My boyfriend took me out for breakfast and then hung out after that. Then Mom and I went to Longhorn Steakhouse and got really delicious desserts and then my boyfriend met back up with us and we all went to see the new X-men movie. I ended up going home with my mom so I could see my stepdad when he got off of work and we had cake at like 11:30 at night because that's how late he works lmao XD

My best friends from high school all seemed to remember my birthday. The bad memories come from my two friends from college. They are my two best friends from college and neither one of them remembered my birthday :( They still don't realize they missed it I guess D: Because I've heard from them but neither mentioned my birthday. Makes me feel unloved D:

Anyway - my birthday was the DAY after school ended :D It was a good birthday present! LOL

Then my boyfriend and I went on a vacation to the Florida Keys :) We live in Florida - but I have only ever been to the keys once before in 4th grade. So I don't remember most of it.

We ended up going jetskiing - my first time ever. And OMG...the gulf side was beautiful...calm waters. But the Atlantic side - I thought we were going to die! The waves were more choppy and the jet ski reflected that lmao!

So the next day, we went snorkeling. I looove snorkeling. We went on a tour of some reefs...and we were in the Atlantic. Remember the choppy waves? They made a second appearance. While I was IN the water I started to feel like I was going to throw up. I quickly swam back to the boat...and for the rest of the tour I was curled up in a ball on the floor of that boat. I managed to not once throw up...which is more than some of the others on that tour can say (three of them puked off the side of the boat lmao)...but damn...that snorkel trip killed me XD

Overall I had a ton of fun - just got seasick and beat up by a jet ski XDD I've never been that sea sick in my entire life LMAO

Now, I had a webinar concerning my grad school in the fall. I am almost done. The only thing standing between me and my degree in the fall is a 50-page research capstone project XDDDD OMG .... I might die in the fall guys. I might die. Seriously.

But I can do this! I've worked too damn hard.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-11-2014, 05:55 PM

Wow... you were born like a month off from me then?

Congrats on round 2!!

Yknow, there's a pill you can take (you take it I think an hour or so before you get on a boat) that prevents you from getting seasick. My mom always had to use that if we went on a boat anywhere... unfortunately... she never took it early enough...

50 pages?!?!?!?! OMFG

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-12-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Wow... you were born like a month off from me then?

Congrats on round 2!!

Yknow, there's a pill you can take (you take it I think an hour or so before you get on a boat) that prevents you from getting seasick. My mom always had to use that if we went on a boat anywhere... unfortunately... she never took it early enough...

50 pages?!?!?!?! OMFG
Poet, when is your birthday?

haha - they gave me dramamine after I got sick....but it didn't help at all :( I normally don't get seasick though - so I never even though to take the pill before hand D:

and yeah - 50 pages :( *cries*

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-12-2014, 02:28 AM

early May. like early early may.
that makes me older than you mwahaha

well the thing is... That drug kicks in really slow... so if you take it on the boat you'll be on land before it kicks in

gonna need a church full of prayers for that there paper...