Neko-Yoru
Your Friendly Soul and Dream Dev...

Old 05-08-2014, 12:17 AM

If anyone here has seen Dance In The Vampire Bund and tried reading the manga or saw another anime and manga like this (ex. Black Butler/ Kuroshitsuji) should know what I'm talking about.. The manga are breath taking and awesome, but when you watch the anime it's as if they changed the moral of the story, plot, characters, and/or art and made it something different, but call it by the manga's title and/or say it's in reference to the manga. Sometimes it's the other way around too. LIke the anime was good, but the manga isn't, or the manga is base of the anime... weird, but happens lol xD

Do you guys know any animes and mangas that were supposed to be alike, but are totally different... or is it just me? O.o

And for my Dance In The Vampire Bund lovers... What may you have noticed while watching/reading Dance In The Vampire Bund?

AikaCoonCat
Freelance Artist

Old 12-02-2014, 03:56 AM

I agree with you.
I think the manga has more bases to it and the anime seems cut-short to me.
maybe they had a budget cut or something idk.

but I love the series non-the-less.
both the manga and anime to be are great and shall stay on my book shelf. haha

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 12-02-2014, 02:42 PM

That is not always true. I can understand what you are saying however. with Dance in the Vampire Bund. I rather enjoyed both. They left the anime open for a second part, and looked as if they could continue it but just seemed to not care. I loved the manga and really wish it didn't end in the way it did... There was so much they could do with it.

The biggest annoyances to me were Hellsing and FullMetal Alchemist. The first incarnations to me ruined what I loved about the mangas, but I will admit had their own charm that I couldn't hate them. Until Hellsing Ultimate and FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. The two anime that are pretty much loyal as all heck to the manga. I now can't watch the 'original' animes without complaining about what they finally did about Seras in Ultimate and how they finally got all the antagonists right in Brotherhood. >.>;

AikaCoonCat
Freelance Artist

Old 12-03-2014, 06:36 AM

I totally get that Kitsune.

I have yet to finish brotherhood but I am so glad they made it to fit the manga better.
I love that series in and out.