Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-06-2011, 04:25 PM

*Spiffy Banner here*

Hoho~ Welcome to my journal about the EPIC TALES of Baby Yan and Ahmelo!

Some of the posts will have more than one picture per activity, but only the ones listed here are the ones I will be submitting for judging.
I've linked the rest of the pictures to avoid stretching the page to a massive length ahaha...darn I took a lot.

First Time in a Car

Family Fishing Fun

Nature Hike

Peterborough Lake

Real Canadian Bacon Poutine

Indian Cuisine

Chilling in the Backyard

Yan at the Playground

Chocolatier Yan!

Old Fashioned Candy Shop

Yan's Fan

Life Guard Duty

IKEA Breakfast

Playing With Vegetables

Ducks!

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-12-2011 at 06:07 PM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 02:08 AM

First Time in a Car
safety first!

My frist got her G2 license and is now legally allowed to drive, so I asked her if she wants to let Yan take a picture in her backseat for good luck.
And TA-DA! Here is Baby Yan all strapped in. She looks awfully excited to be on her first car ride ever!
It was just a short ride around the neighbourhood and then back home we went.
It's a testament to our friendship that she didn't even bat an eye when I asked her for permission.

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-07-2011 at 03:09 AM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 02:22 AM

Family Fishing Fun

adult supervision
The young man you see in that picture is my dad hahaha.
Here he is giving Baby Yan the first lesson in fishing, always have an adult around when fishing with a baby.
They look like quite the duo, and my dad's such a great sport for giving Baby Yan lessons in his killer fishing technique.

growing up
Baby Yan just won't take no for an answer! He got tired of letting my dad do all the work and decided to take charge by fishing himself!
Of course, we are all just 2 steps away in case anything were to happen.
Sadly we didn't catch any fish that day, but the cloudy weather was too good to pass up, seeing as how the sun would scorch all of us in 10 seconds.

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-07-2011 at 03:10 AM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 02:23 AM

Nature Hike

purple and orange
I took Yan out with my during my usual evening walk, and look what we found!
A bush of beautiful bluebells and some delightful orange berries. Baby Yan wanted to touch those beautiful little things, but I didn't let him until I checked that they weren't going to give him a rash like poison ivy.
We also found some mushrooms growing, but definitely weren't going to touch those, not safe for young kids you know.

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-07-2011 at 03:33 AM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 02:25 AM

Peterborough Lake

cooling off
After out nature hike we decided to head over to nearby Peterborough Lake and cool ourselves off.
The scenery was AMAZING, and the camera does not do it justice.
Here is Baby Yan dipping his feet into the edge of the beach.

the docks
Here's another view of Peterborough Lake from the docks a bit away from the beach.
Baby Yan looks like he's just about to do a cannonball into the clear waters of the lake. Too bad there were no boats there that day, would have took him on a little cruise.

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-07-2011 at 03:19 AM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 02:28 AM

Real Canadian Bacon Poutine

he drank, then ate, and ate
I took Baby Yan to my favourite poutine restaurant and ordered the only real Canadian dish I know. Real Canadian Bacon Poutine.
First Baby Yan drank all my cup of iced water, then I shared half of my delicious cheese hotdog with him, and finally we had a massive bowl of poutine. Mmmmm. Poutine is a delicious mix of fries, gravy, and cheese curds, and this one had Canadian bacon on it. That's how you know it's authentic hoho~

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-07-2011 at 03:55 AM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 02:29 AM

Indian Cuisine

crazy folding skills
fooooodd
spicy iced tea?

I decided to be adventurous that day so I dragged my family to try this Indian restaurant we saw before.
Baby Yan really loved the decore, especially the paintings of women with their bewbs showing.
In that first picture you will see Baby Yan holding a cup with a folded napkin inside of it. It's hard to tell, but he's showing off how the folded napkip comes out of the cup and twirls together at the ends, alas, I couldn't get it in a picture. It was pretty tall too, the entire folded thing was as long as my forearm.

The second picture you see some of the food we ordered. Because Baby Yan is still young, he got to eat the not so hot ones, Lamb Bhoona was more creamy than curry, and Lamb Saaq was 90% spinach 10% lamb.
Mmm just thinking back about it makes both of us drool.

Lastly you see him drinking out of the cup in the first picture. I'll tell you, that iced tea was HOLY FREAKING DELICIOUS.
It's not JUST iced tea, it had some funky spice taste thrown in there and Baby Yan couldn't get enough of that stuff!
One of these days both of us will sneak back in and steal their secret recipe for ourselves!

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-07-2011 at 04:56 AM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 02:29 AM

Chilling in the Backyard

amongst the herbs
It's a little hard to see in this picture, but we are in fact in the EDIBLES section of my garden. The safest place for Baby Yan, and with lots of awesome organic foods too!
There's lettuce to the right, basil towards the back, and butter squash waaaay behind us.

sit back and relax
After a while frolicking about the grass and edibles, Baby Yan took a nap in the shade on my best comfy lawn chair. From there you can see the view of the whole backyard! That tree to the left sure provides some really cooling shade.

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-08-2011 at 01:35 AM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 03:58 AM

Yan at the Playground

swings!
big blue slide
Phew that was fun. Usually I would have preferred to spend the day indoors surfing the internet, but indoors is no place for a baby!
So off to the park we went. First we played on some swings, I tried to sit in those baby ones, and almost got stuck!
Baby Yan looks like he was having a heck of a time though.
Next we played on the big blue slide, which was fun as well, we raced each other and tried to get the title of "Fastest Slider".

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-08-2011 at 01:38 AM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 03:58 AM

Chocolatier Yan!

Y-A-N
watermelon fudge?!
A family friend of ours owns a chocolate store, and today they invited my family out to eat lunch.
Lunch was great, but the best thing was browsing their chocolate store afterwards!
There were all kinds of chocolates, but Baby Yan seemed to like these alphabet blocks the most. I'm so proud that he could spell his own name. Too bad there were not enough blocks to spell out Baby as well.
We ended up buying one of their fudge sample packs; chocolate, maple walnut, milk, and watermelon flavour. Who knew there was watermelon flavoured fudge? Yum!

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-10-2011 at 11:49 PM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 03:59 AM

Old Fashioned Candy Shop

as far as the eye could see
peacock
Look what we found today in our wonderings!
This wonderful little old fashioned sweets store was tucked away between a print store and a designer clothing store. We must have spent like half an hour in there. I wish we could have bought everything as Baby Yan was staring and making some grabby hands, but alas, I had already spent most of my money on university textbooks *le sigh
But never fear! It's within easy commuting distance, so we shall visit it again soon enough!

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-10-2011 at 11:45 PM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 04:00 AM

Yan's Fan

cooling off
I did some grocery shopping today at the local convenience store and decided to take Baby Yan with me to have a look at the responsibilities of an adult.
Phew was it ever a super boiling day! Thank goodness the store was air conditioned and provided that nice big fan near the door for both of us to cool off.
I ended up buying some ice cream and two arizona teas before we drove back home.

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-10-2011 at 11:40 PM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2011, 11:37 PM

Life Guard Duty

buoy was it fun
Today was another sweltering day as usual, so we headed down to the local pool to dip our feet in the pool.
Baby Yan saw that life buoy and decided right there that he wants to grown up to be a lifeguard and teach other people how to swim!

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-11-2011 at 05:44 PM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-11-2011, 05:29 PM

IKEA Breakfast

it's only a dollar?
IKEA has the best breakfast deal ever, and it's about time Baby Yan learns of this amazing place.
The breakfast plate consists of potatoes, 2 sausages, and scrambled eggs, deeelicious.
Baby Yan saw the bacon and immediately started munching on it. Thank goodness I rescued what was left of my omelette before it was all gone.
Bought an extra helping and ate that for lunch 'cause we're sneaky like that.

Last edited by Ahmelo; 08-11-2011 at 05:47 PM..

Ahmelo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-11-2011, 05:43 PM

Playing With Vegetables

carrots, radishes, and broccolis oh my
We passed by a cute little plush store on our way back from IKEA Breakfast and guess what we found?
I know they say not to play with your food, but just look at how happy Baby Yan is!
If I bought one for him I wonder if he will finally eat his vegetables hmm...

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-13-2011, 10:06 PM

YAN SUCCESSFULLY ADOTPED!