kashoe

Old 04-04-2016, 02:28 AM

Five ordinary high school friends find themselves thrown into the world of Hydaelyn, a mystical world of monsters and magic. Though glamorous in all its mystery and wonder, Hydaelyn is in danger of being taken over by a dark force wreaking havoc and destruction, led by the Dark Lord, who seeks power and control over the world. This is why Hydaelyn has reached out beyond the realm to seek those able to hear her cry for help.

Upon transcending their own world into the mystical realm, Hydaelyn has blessed these five ordinary students with a piece of herself, bestowing upon them the power to combat the dark forces. This gift comes in the form of a crystal shard - a piece of the Mother Crystal. But the Dark Lord is also hard at work, building his own forces of darkness and empowering chosen chaos-bringers with corrupted crystal shards.

Those blessed with crystal shards from the Mother Crystal are called the Warriors of Light. It's up to the five new Warriors of Light to find their way in this strange new world, make new allies to combat the forces of darkness, and save the realm.

l o r e

SPOILERX

Long ago, darkness reigned. Chaos and strife plagued the realm. Only when all hope was lost did five Warriors of Light emerge to combat the darkness. Blessed by the Mother Crystal, these five Warriors of Light slayed the Dark Lord and his forces of darkness, returning peace and harmony to the realm. The Warriors of Light vanished, never to be seen again. Though their names were mysteriously forgotten, their legend remained in Hydaelyn, passed down through generations.

Now the people of Hydaelyn plead for another savior - for the Warriors of Light to return and once again slay the darkness that plagues the realm.

t e r m i n o l o g y

SPOILERX

[Hydaelyn] The world, embodied by the Mother Crystal. She seeks peace and harmony for the realm and is able to gift chosen individuals with her blessing of light.

[Mother Crystal] The embodiment of the world, Hydaelyn. When Hydaelyn calls out to her chosen ones, she is often seen in the form of the Mother Crystal, a giant crystal at the center of the aethereal world.

[Crystal Shard] A shard of the Mother Crystal, embedded in chosen individuals. Each crystal shard bestows a different gift or power, each unique to the individual it inhabits. While some crystals are element-based, others allow the manipulation of aether or other physical properties that make up the universe.

[Warrior of Light] Individuals chosen by Hydaelyn and gifted by her blessing of light. They take up arms to fight for Hydaelyn to bring peace and harmony back to the realm. The first warriors of light emerged centuries ago and haven't been seen since.

[Dark Lord] Kalvaroth has returned to the realm, bringing chaos and destruction after centuries of peace and harmony. He's building his army of loyal followers, empowering them with the darkness of his corrupted crystal shards. With the return of the Warriors of Light, Kalveroth is determined to snuff them out before they can foil his plans yet again.

[Forces of Darkness] Those that have sided with the Dark Lord, Kalvaroth, whatever their reasons. Most have been blessed with a corrupted crystal shard, gifting them with great power. Those that haven't been blessed with a corrupted crystal shard are probably still trying to prove themselves to the Dark Lord, or have for some reason or another refused the offer.

[Corrupted Crystal Shards] It's not fully known how Kalvaroth has obtained his corrupted crystal shards, but he's wasted no time putting them to use. Only when an individual pledges their undying loyalty to the Dark Lord and his plight will he bestow upon them a corrupted crystal shard. Like the crystal shards from the Mother Crystal, corrupted crystal shards grant significant power over the most base elements of the realm.

c r e d i t s

SPOILERX

Most terminology and general inspiration comes from FFXIV - a super-mmo that dictates like half my life.

Hydaelyn is a world of magic and mystery. The continent we'll be focusing on for now is Sapience, Hydaelyn's largest and primary continent. This land is full of many different areas and environments, from lush forests to arid deserts to frozen tundra. Don't be afraid to be creative, add in a town or village, and make things happen!

[click map for larger image]

[ NOPE, REDO ]

SPOILERX

xxxxx

Hydaelyn [1/1]
The world herself, also known as the Mother Crystal. She is in a vulnerable state and has bestowed pieces of herself - crystal shards - to those she feels destined to fight the forces of darkness in hopes of saving the realm.

SPOILERX

• Hydaelyn - Kashoe

Warriors of Light [0/5]
They hail from another world, brought to Hydaelyn to save the realm. They've been gifted with the power of Hydealyn herself to combat the Dark Lord and the chaos he and his followers spread throughout the realm.

SPOILERX

• ---
• ---
• ---
• ---
• ---

The Dark Lord [0/1]
He appeared about a year ago and has grown in power ever since, wreaking havoc and chaos. He commands the forces of darkness and bestows his own dark power upon them in the form of corrupted crystal shards.

SPOILERX

• Kalvaroth - ???

Forces of Darkness [∞/∞]
Those that have sided with the Dark Lord, Kalvaroth, whatever their reasons. Most have been blessed with a corrupted crystal shard, gifting them with great power. They often clash with the Warriors of Light, spreading chaos and destruction.

SPOILERX

• Janus, Fire Crystal - Kashoe
• ---
• ---
• ---
• ---

Others [∞/∞]
There's a battle waging between good and evil, yet some sit on the sidelines either refusing to pick a side or biding their time to pick one. Perhaps they're even playing both sides, are unaware of what's going on, or simply don't care.

SPOILERX

• ---
• ---
• ---
• ---
• ---

g e n e r a l

SPOILERX

• Literate roleplay here. No txt speak and whatnot during the actual rp.
• Be as active as possible. If you're going to be away, please say something.
• Don't be a tool? K, thx.

c h a r a c t e r s

SPOILERX

• Some character slots are limited. There can only be one Hydaelyn, one Dark Lord, and five Warriors of Light.
• Other character slots may be added over time. We'll see where it goes.
• Be graceful with your power. Godmodding is a no-no.
• All characters can die! No character is invincible, no matter how powerful.

j o i n i n g

SPOILERX

• There's a profile format under c o d e below. Please use it to create your character profile.
• Please post your finished character profile either in the [TEST FORUM] or in the [JOURNAL FORUM], in your own thread.
• When you're done making your own profile thread, PM me the link to the thread. I'll post it up.
• Title the PM "CRYSTALINE".
• I want everyone to make their own profile threads so that they have the ability to edit them any time they want.

c o d e

SPOILERX

I'm very lenient on character profiles. I like the concept of mystery and development throughout a roleplay - not just a wall of text explaining the in-depth intricacies behind a character's entire backstory. I mean, flesh out your characters, yes, of course. But leave some room for discovery too, yea? That's the best part about roleplaying. <3

Also, feel free to decorate your profile any way you like, with extra pictures, colors, text, and whatnot - I just need the basic information to be there. You can add extra information too. An ability list, a backstory train, a journal, etc. Alternatively, you can also just plop down the code and do nothing extra at all to it. All a-ok.

NAME: (What your character's called. Can be a full name, just a first, just a nickname, or even unknown.)
AGE: (Can be actual age, just what age-range they look like, unknown, etc.)
CRYSTAL: (IF they have one - which they might not. If not, just put N/A. If they do, list what crystal it is - Fire Crystal, Earth Crystal, Light Crystal, etc... Don't be afraid to be creative. If you need help coming up with ideas, PM me and I'll work with you, or you can also post in the OOC thread.)
POWER/ABILITIES/SKILLS (If they have a crystal, plop down a few powers/abilities gained from it here. You don't have to go into crazy detail - I'd rather you flesh it out in the actual roleplay, tbh. If they don't have a crystal, what other neat stuff can they do? Are they good at sneaking and stealing, or swinging swords around?)
BIO: (Just a little bit about your character here. Nothing too crazy. Maybe tidbits about their personality and lot in life. Again, I'd rather see you flesh this out during actual roleplay, but we still need a general idea to work with.)
APPEARANCE: (Either an image or a url-link. No real-life pics, please.)

Code:
NAME:
CRYSTAL:
POWER/ABILITIES/SKILLS:
BIO:
APPEARANCE:

Last edited by kashoe; 04-06-2016 at 10:06 PM..