Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 10-14-2014, 04:22 AM

Cara laughed, imagining the horrors of an over-stuffed wardrobe. Oh, the noblemen must simply be falling over themselves for her. Truly, though. A girl like Asleen would never go for simple trinkets like dresses, though. Grinning, she suggested playfully, "Perhaps they've formed some sort of cult? They channel information about the beautiful princess across the land, in hopes that you'd fall for one of their dashing members." Cara knew the idea ridiculous, but it rather amused her. Relief washed over her as Asleen seemed to agree to the idea of running to the interior. "Good." She replied simply, nodding as she sent a grin in the other's direction. At least she wouldn't have to worry about that.

"I am sure she will pull through just fine... Through all of whatever comes." Cara spoke softly in response, unsure of what such a connection may mean, but still wishing to hope for the best. Optimism seemed something lacking before her and Kiernan had met up with Asleen, so she now thought it welcome to her own thoughts. It would at least allow her some rest before the Draskone made another move. Turning her gaze to the other as she performed a maneuver linking her bath to clean water, Cara smiled warmly at her friend. It may be a simple task, but the smoothness of it was easy to see. "Thank you." She spoke gratefully, considering for a moment remarking on the task itself, but deciding against it. That was something a teacher would do, not a friend, even if she meant to compliment her. Cara decided against it.

Then came the sudden mood change. As her friend seemed to insinuate that she must have other interesting men lurking about, Cara turned to look at Asleen incredulously, a generous blush across her cheeks as her eyes held themselves wide with the bit of surprise. "Oh, please, as if I would have time for such things." She replied back jokingly, then shaking her head as one of her hands rose to gentle one of her heated cheeks. She lightly nudged Asleen as she mockingly rose her hands as if picturing something, a sheepish smile playing at her lips. "Still... the only men in my life are the Master and Kiernan, sadly enough." Cara gave a little shrug, not particularly saddened by that information after all. Then, a thought crossing her mind, she did decide to make mention of another that had crossed her path earlier. "I suppose I should add Zed to that list, he is our companion that went to fetch help. Someone I ran into at Shild earlier today... He helped us fight off the Draskone. Numira called him a foolish forest man earlier, and I fancy that suits him well." She spoke thoughtfully, giggling a little as she then turned the questions back at Asleen. "How about yourself? Do any of these noblemen actually suit your fancy?"

HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 10-14-2014, 11:24 PM

"Sh-shut up, that'd be too weird..!" She replied to the initial teasing Cara gave her, face going slightly red before Asleen cupped a little water in hand and splashed it her way. The pink on her cheeks soon went away as she adjusted herself in place. She grinned as she managed to get her friend a little flustered in kind, it was good to see a little more liveliness in Cara, however tired she was.
Asleen's attention was raised as her friend managed to at least name the men she knew in her life. Kiernan and Master Yu she understood, but when it came to Zed, she grew a little curious, still, how much information could she really provide about a man she'd only just met the same day? Oddly curious in a way.. Before her thoughts trailed off on it, she heard her friends question.

This made her grin again,
"Are you joking? I wont marry any man who isn't as great as my father, or potentially as great as him, and at least a couple years older than me." She replied, folding her arms in a pretentiously haughty fashion before giggling, "I just.. Don't think there is anyone like that in the world for me," She added, almost in a defeated sense but then simply smiled again, "Though if I could find a man like your brother, that would be okay too, I would want a man that held me that close and meant it." The princess blushed as she placed her hands over her cheeks a moment, staring intot he distance as she thought about it before sighing, "A girl can at least dream a little.. Right?"

She dropped her arms and glanced at Cara a moment before finally standing up,
"When you're done, there's another spare bedroom across the hall from where your brother and companion are, you should both get some sleep soon," She instructed more directly as she used a towel to dry off her hands and face, after all; she'd made a slight mess of herself too, "When your friend returns, I'll make sure he's brought here along with anyone he brings with him, if at all."

Arc Angel

Old 10-15-2014, 12:35 AM

Cara snickered delightedly at Asleen's shy reaction, not pushing the subject further, but happy to hear it and see her face redden. She was also quite relieved she received no further questions about men, herself. Cara had no special guys in her life, because as stated, she truly hadn't had the time for those things. As Asleen talked over what sort of man she would want, however, Cara raised a curious eyebrow over at her. Then, slowly, giggled as she nodded. "It's better off that way, a man chosen well will be less oft to disappoint!" She declared acceptingly, this time not minding the mention of her brother in the least. He was a goof, but a good-hearted one.

As Asleen stood, her gaze followed her for a moment before nodding in understanding. Letting off a quiet yawn of her own, she smiled sleepily over at her friend as she moved to leave. "Thank you again, Asleen. I really do appreciate this." She spoke with a sheepish grin on her face before scrubbing what little remained of dirt from herself. Then standing carefully, once Asleen had gone, she dried herself off well before regarding the fine dress she had been brought. It was rather pretty, the quality something of dreams in comparison to her own typical clothing. Running her fingers down along it to feel it first, Cara grinned with some enthusiasm before dressing and setting foot outside the hall again.

She peeked into the room holding Kiernan and Numira briefly, just enough to see her brother had slumped into sleep, his head resting just inched from where Numira lay as his body remained otherwise in his chair. Stifling a soft laugh, Cara quietly closed the door, not wishing to disturb him. He had been through quite a lot, he deserved the sleep. Numira needed her rest as well, definitely, as Cara knew she also did. Sighing softly and trying to mute her thoughts of the day, Cara instead shuffled off to the second spare room to curl up and find some rest herself.

HC-Gal

Old 10-15-2014, 06:05 AM

Asleen left the bathroom before Cara got out, having vanished off to her own room, after helping where she could, she felt a little exhausted. That combined with finding out the fate of Shilf and hearing about these giant metal knights. The strange feeling she was getting from Numira, the idea that so many people had been killed or harmed.. It all finally bore down on her as she switched to some night cloths and collapsed into her bed for a moment, curling up in place. She clung to her pillow and stared at the far wall. Yet she couldn't get her mind to rest. She turned once or twice before she slipped out of bed for a moment and silently padded down the hallway.

She looked in quietly on Cara, but then went across the hall to Numira and Kiernan's room. The sight brought a slight smile to her face, though after staring at Kiernan a little, she frowned a little. Gently she snuck to one side of the room where spare blankets were kept in a trunk and she grabbed a light one before creeping over to Kiernan and placing one over his back, adjusting it so that it covered him just enough. With a satisfied smile she half-turned at first to leave the room but then looked at Numira again. She wanted to reach out and touch her just once more, to see if she could understand that feeling.. but instead she quietly made her way back to her room and crawled back into bed, pulling her covers up over herself and clinging to her blanket once more.

She didn't know enough of this Zed person, but she hoped in her heart that he would come soon. It sounded like he was going well out of his way for people he'd only just met. She wanted to believe that he wouldn't just abandon his new-found friends. As the last thoughts of her mind faded out; she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

"My-my." A voice above Kiernan muttered with an odd delight, it was a woman's voice, though there was a tone to it, not so much dark as it was of an estranged curiosity, "Who would have guessed it, hmm?" She added with a wry smile, Zed leaned against the door frame calmly. It was already early morning, but the sun had not yet come up. The silver-haired male was sporting a black eye and several cuts and scratches, but he seemed mostly unaffected,
"We should.. Probably wake Cara and Kiernan up." He stated glumly, a little tight-lipped as the older woman looked over her shoulder at him a moment with a light smirk before she stared down at Kiernan and Numira again,
"So very interesting, indeed.."

Arc Angel

Old 10-15-2014, 02:20 PM

Kiernan slept yet, only beginning to stir as the voices rose up from over him. The dreamy images of Shilf and the destruction whirred around him, as they had all night. It left him tensed with his joints locked up, caught in the nightmare of the previous day. At the mention of his own name, however, he completely jolted from the horrors of his sleep. Body tensing as his eyes flickered open quickly, he sat stiffly up as his gaze rose to meet the figures looming overhead. This sudden reaction jerked the chair he sat in, nearly making it clatter out from under him. Finding Zed there, a little relief trickled through him as his brow creased and he wordlessly looked over Numira. His hand still clasped hers, the sheet slightly indented beside her where his head had rested. Yet, Kiernan hadn't felt as if he had rested. Instead, stiff and grim, bit the inside of his cheek as he saw Numira yet lying there.

After a moment, he rose a hand to smooth dow his hair before clearing his throat a little. "Hello," he began, grinning a tad sheepishly. "Nice to see you back, Zed..." Kiernan spoke with some weight, gratitude tugging at him from within. This stranger had went and fetched someone to care for Numira. He had helped him and his sister get to safety. The fact that he'd returned after already having did this allowed him deep respect from Kiernan, not that he'd speak of such. Instead, his gaze swept to the woman beside him, assuming her to be his aunt. From the look of Zed, it appeared she had given him quite the homecoming. Nevertheless, he managed to try for a decent introduction in his sleepy state. "I appreciate your coming, as well. I am Kiernan, this is Numira..." He cast a quick glance at the girl yet lying beside him, before standing up stiffly to stretch. "I am fairly certain my sister, Cara, is yet sleeping... "

Certain, indeed. Cara was still sleeping quite well, as she had the majority of the night. She lay curled up in a muddle of twisted blankets, warm and peaceful despite having twisted about quite a bit. While her brother had awoken to the noise, such a thing wouldn't have woken her even if she were inside the same room. The haunting images of Shilf were lost to her for now, as she lay there calmly.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-15-2014 at 02:37 PM..

HC-Gal

Old 10-15-2014, 08:26 PM

Ixera stared at Kiernan quietly as he jolted into waking up, mumbling his first greetings towards her, however even as he spoke it was clear she was not so interested in him, instead glancing at Numira with a strange smile on her face as she rubbed her chin. This whole situation was very curious indeed. When Kiernan thanked her for arriving, she stared at hi again before cupping a hand to her ear as if to hear him better,
"What? You appreciate me coming? You have no idea who I am. Dont be so quick to thank some-one you dont know. However I know who you are and I know who this is." She waved her finger on the air above Numira, "Such a curious situation indeed. So very curious," She let out a chuckle, positively amused by it, "Why I never thought this even possible, of all the strange coincidences." Ixera smirked, staring at Zed again,
"Well? Dont just stand there, boy! Get your other friend, I need all of us here if we're going to transport." She demanded, her voice wasn't shrill, but it was sharp, the kind of voice you listened to when you were a child.

Zed almost jumped out of his place before he rubbed the back of his head,
"Y-yeah, sorry Aunt Ix." He responded quickly and moved across to Cara's room, though part of him didn't really want to wake her up, he knew it was rather necessary. Meanwhile Ixera practically towered over Kiernan, at least while standing as she adjusted the armor she had on,
"Good grief that boy can be so scatter-brained, he couldn't even speak a straight sentence when he climbed the mountain, had to have his sister beat him until he was thinking clearly." She grumbled a little before reaching down and grabbing Kiernan by the arm, the prosthetic one. She held it up with a rather strong grip, quite disproportionate for some-one of her size and much akin to the strength Numira had when her body had reflexively grabbed his wrist. The woman stared at it plainly before sighing, "Shoddy.. Absolutely shoddy, how have you survived in this world with something like this? So much wasted energy. Typical of you young people." She let go of his arm, before glancing at Numira again, "As for her, coming to this place, what was she thinking? Then again she probably didn't know that any kind of magic could disable her. Even a healing spell. But what is she even doing here? Goodness, the royal guard of Kiranes are useless."

Zed approached Cara quietly a moment, nervous at first, he wanted to say something, but still he didn't want to disturb her. He was stuck between wanting to wake her up and not wanting to, anyone sleeping that deeply must have been comfortable. But eventually he knelt by the side of the bed and placed a hand on her shoulder, shaking her gently,
"Hey Cara, wake up, time to go." He stated firmly, but he continued attempting to get her attention and wake her until he'd managed to succeed.

Last edited by HC-Gal; 10-15-2014 at 08:38 PM..

Arc Angel

Old 10-16-2014, 12:38 AM

Kiernan's lips parted to snap a comment back at her, though he was entirely too thrown off at her words to do so. Instead, frowning slightly as her, he was careful not to say anything potentially harmful to the situation. "Right..." He replied hesitantly, shifting where he stood awkwardly. She seemed to speak down to them, though she was clearly aware of the situation and must therefore have some ideas of how to remedy it. Looking down at Numira briefly, he swallowed his pride and let out a soft sigh. Not only was she aware, but also amused, something that brought his blood to a boiling point. Had he not watched his mouth, he surely would have barked a retort back at anyone with this air about them. There was nothing amusing about this situation. Absent-mindedly his hands curled into fists at his sides as his brow creased, even hearing how she had addressed Zed drawing him to further frustration.

Calm. He tried to relax there, minding his breathing as his fists uncurled. He may have tried to speak in the other man's defense, if not for her sudden grasp on his arm. Kiernan's eyes widened as she held it up suddenly, scolding him of the craftsmanship. "It was the best I could afford, and it works just fine." He spoke a bit lowly, the arm remaining a sensitive subject with him though his words took no sharp tone with her. Was she suggesting she knew of something better to do for it? Looking down at it for a moment as he curled the fingers of the hand, he dismissed it as his gaze drew over to the woman as she now regarded Numira. Speaking up a little on her behalf, he hesitantly supported Numira by stating, "She didn't know anything of magic,... miss." Apparently she also came from Kiranes, something he was curious of, but what drew his attention from her statements was her mention of the royal guard. Was Numira a criminal, or something? Frowning a little, he felt the need to finally question her as well. "Are you from Kiranes, yourself? What does the royal guard have to do with this?" He spoke firmly, not demanding, but wishing to stand his ground in a way. It had been a long time since anyone had made Kiernan feel like a child, and it was not a comforting feeling.

Meanwhile, Cara stirred at the first shake she received, waking up slowly as she heard his voice. "Mmmmh," She groaned lightly then let out a small yawn, her body stretching along the bed for a moment as she sleepily rubbed her eyes. "Zed?" She then questioned curiously, sleep thick in her light voice as she opened her eyes to see him kneeling there. Blinking quietly at him, she tilted her head from where she lay curiously before sighing and moving to sit up stiffly. "So, you did come back. I thought you would..." She answered her own question with a small smile, one of her hands reaching to rest on his shoulder for a moment. "Thank you. Now, what's going on?" Cara asked, standing slowly and moving past him to straighten out the fine dress her friend had gifted her.

A grin passed over her lips as she ran her hands along the green fabric, but her attention soon turned to her things as she clasped her belt and sword to her waist in preparation to leave. Then, casually, back over to Zed as she rested her calm gaze upon him. "Wait a second..." She then spoke quietly, noting only then his appearance. Sleep brushed off of her as her eyes widened a tad, leading her to step forward and gently grab his chin. Remembering what he'd said of his aunt the previous day, she made an assumption. "She did this to you? Who does this to family?" Her voice took on a bit of an edge, distaste and sympathy at the same time tainting her features as her eyebrows drew together slightly.

HC-Gal

Old 10-16-2014, 03:02 AM

"Well I would find it surprising if she knew about magic before coming here, no-one in Kiranes should know about it and it should stay that way!" Ixera replied firmly, a broad smile on her face as she looked over Kiernan again. As she recalled, she'd seen him holding Numira's hand, he'd been slumped over next to her like he'd been there the whole night, "Do you know you're only the second person who has spent an entire night asleep next to her? Though for very different reasons I would say.." She smirked, keeping the information vague though at the mention of Royal Guards she chuckled again,
"The Royal Guard of Kiranes, they are tasked with never letting a certain princess out of their sight." She winked once with a grin, "A certain princess who happens to be too high-spirited and free in her heart to be kept in place by a gilded cage.. And a certain princess that.." She stopped then simply laughed out loud, raising a hand to her face as she covered her eyes, she found the situation hilarious, "Imbeciles! Like they could ever keep her in place!"

Her state changed almost immediately as she leaned towards Kiernan and pointed at his face, no care at all for his personal space,
"You! Kiernan, yes? You're going to protect her once I get her back on her feet! And don't pretend I cant tell that you have feelings for her, you're as transparent as the air around us." She added the last part with a wave of her hand and rested the other upon her hip before looking over her shoulder, "Zed! Hurry up, boy!" The woman demanded.

This prompted Zed to pull a face, wincing a little as Cara grabbed his chin but then he grinned at her as though it all seemed normal,
"Who, aunt Ix? Nah, it was my big sis. I needed it." He replied, smiling at the girl before he grabbed her hand, "We do things in an unorthodox fashion, it's just how we live, I wont say you'll understand some time, just don't worry about it." At that he tugged her towards the doorway of the room to lead her across to where the other three were, however he was stopped in his tracks as Asleen stood not far from the doorway, staring up at the silver-haired man before leaning past him to stare at Cara with a look of disappointment on her face as she suddenly whined,
"No fair, Cara! You said Numira called him a foolish forest man, but he looks so cute..!" With that she folded her arms and huffed. Though Zed's face went a little red with embarrassment before he looked at Cara again,
"Did you have to tell her about the forest man thing..?"
"NOW, Zed!" Ixera's voice could be heard and he jumped again,
"We should go. Nice to meet ya!" He bowed quickly to Asleen before leading Cara towards Kiernan and Numira's room again. Asleen watched with some curiosity, following after them but she didn't enter the room, instead staring at the new woman that was there with them. It was strange but even with all the yelling and that stern appearance.. Something about her seemed strangely nice.

Ixera stared at Zed and Cara as they entered, though almost immediately her gaze fixed on Cara. The woman glared at her for along moment before smiling a little,
"Well, well.. The coincidences are just piling up.. I'd recognize the feeling of that magic in you anywhere, you are a student of dear old Master Yu.." The womans gaze softened only briefly, but then she grinned again, "It'll be interesting to hear what he has had to say about me. But perhaps later, my dear sibling student." She used the last words a little teasingly, but it was at least the correct way to consider Cara, "I imagine Shina is about done setting up too.. The morning mist will bring about some interesting results."
"The.. Morning mist..?" Zed piped up, smiling nervously, "Isn't that a little mean, Aunt Ix?"
"It is," The woman pulled a malicious smile, the look of a trickster, "I wonder how the Draskone will handle it.."

Last edited by HC-Gal; 10-16-2014 at 03:09 AM..

Arc Angel

Old 10-16-2014, 05:38 AM

At the words he met and the smile Ixera gave him, Kiernan quirked an eyebrow at her oddly. "Eh?" He questioned, quite perplexed by this woman so far. She seemed stern, bold and loud, yet she knew quite a bit of Numira and was willing to help them. At the same time, her amusement frustrated him in a way he couldn't put to words. When more personal information of her slipped from the woman's mouth, his gaze trailed dow to Numira as worry again met his eyes. Her vague words didn't hurt him, but they and the ones referring to her as a princess did. Was she really...? His brow furrowed slightly, swallowing a lump in his throat. Kiernan was acutely aware at the moment that the woman standing here knew Numira better than he, already. What was she implying in her words?

It was only the finger in his face that broke his daze, his golden eyes rising to meet it with a dull expression on his face as he looked her over warily. "Of course I will protect her." He spoke firmly, not bothering to deny his care for her nor question further how she knew this information. It was becoming evident he would just have to ask it of Numira herself when she woke. His hand moved to grasp hers again gently as he stood at Numira's side. Yes, she would wake. He felt it.

As he declared to have needed the beating, Cara's eyes widened as she blinked at Zed curiously. "Needed it-?" She began, though her words trailed off in her surprise as he grabbed her hand and tugged her onwards to the door. Then noting how odd she already found him, she added. "Of course. I forget who I'm speaking of here." A little smile played along her own lips for a moment until another voice intermingled in the sudden whir of speech about them. Kiernan was awake and speaking to someone as well? She could hardly make out his voice, but Asleen's overpowered what she heard of his. Freezing where she stood, a blush crept onto her face as she looked between him and her for a moment. "A-Asleen you can't just say that!" She stammered before sheepishly sending a glimpse in Zed's direction. "Girl talk, you know, it's--"

Cara forgot the rest as the flurry of speech again mingled, instead shooting an apologetic look at Asleen as she was ushered on into the next room. Her gaze met immediately with the woman seeming to hold hers, returning it with a certain intensity of its own, though with no ill intent. Even if met with a momentary glare, hers didn't harden for a moment. Instead, as the woman there smiled, a grin of her own appeared. "So, I'll take it you're this one's aunt." She spoke in brief response, not caring to speak of what she had already heard of Ixera. Especially with that joking tone, it didn't seem like a great subject. Even so, though it was a tad unsettling to be in her presence, Cara held no intent to further discuss it. Instead her gaze remained on her for a few quiet moments, studying the woman for a curious moment before looking to where Kiernan stood.

"Morning Mist?" He questioned, looking between Ixera and Zed. "What do you mean?" Sending his gaze over to Cara, a sort of stern look crossed his face as he didn't appear to like the sound of it.

HC-Gal

Old 10-16-2014, 02:32 PM

Ixera continued to smirk, though she didn't answer Cara's question, talking about Shina and Zed as family was something she had never been good at. They all knew they were family, even if she didn't want to admit it out loud, Zed just grinned at Cara a moment, though he knew better than to tease Ixera about it, best to be quiet for now as he waited in place for her next move, though Kiernan's question made the woman look at him with a smile,
"Oh yes, the Morning Mist. It's a simple little poison I developed," She raised her hand so that he wouldn't respond right away, "It's not a fatal one, I never liked actually poisoning people, it's a hallucinatory poison. All it does is make them see illusions based on outside suggestion and their own perception. I call it morning mist because it works best when spread into a morning fog or mist, such as the one that will be appearing today. It is odorless, tasteless and ultimately harmless, so long as they don't do anything.. Stupid." On the last word she smirked, of course the natural reaction of anyone stuck in a world that was bringing out illusions that they didn't understand was to panic.

"Anyway, we have wasted enough time!" She clapped her hands together before adjusting one arm. She adjusted the vambrace on her right arm until a panel of light seemed to spread across it, solid and smooth, however it was covered in patterns, like language not from their world, it was the language of Kiranes. A little tinkering and she had managed to place a wrist-mounted computer inside her right arm guard, after a moment she spoke again, though certainly not to anyone in the room,
"Hecate, five to transport, one for the sick bay, make it quick now," She stated, in return, a metallic voice responded,
"Yes, mistress."

Asleen watched as the five people in the room were surrounded by a strange light, several rings of sorts that appeared around them all, even Numira in bed before they dematerialized before her eyes, simply vanishing. The princess was quite stunned. She had never seen magic like that. It was at this time that Bracus appeared at the doorway to the nobles chambers once more, he looked rather tired and haggard himself, but he couldn't rest, not until he had gotten Asleen away from Thirsten. Messengers had already been sent, it was a matter of time now.

The five reappeared in what could only have been considered a strange place for anyone not from space, after all, it was the interior of a ship. The walls were made of metal, carefully cleaned and polished. There were strange lights and instruments, an open laboratory with all sorts of strange trinkets and gadgets that hung on the back well amongst Ixera's experiments. Numira had been transported directly to one of the sick bay beds, she remained as still as ever. The woman didn't give the others much thought as she immediately turned towards it,
"A far cry from the old lab but that wont make a difference." She stated half-excitedly, butt hen looked over her shoulder to the three that remained in the room, "Zed, dont let them touch anything," She ordered firmly.
Zed nodded but then looked to Cara and Kiernan,
"We should stay out of her way for the moment.. You two are probably hungry, shall we get something to eat?"

Arc Angel

Old 10-16-2014, 03:11 PM

Kiernan rose a curious eyebrow at the explanation he received, finding some touch of dark humor in the idea of it. The Draskone men, once his brothers, now little to nothing more than bloodthirsty murderers in his mind. Yet, the idea of a few choice individuals under the influence of hallucinogens brought a slight grin to his face. There were a few in their ranks that he would qualify as stupid. Rubbing the back of his neck thoughtfully, he nodded in some appreciation for that plan. "Should do the trick." He commented briefly, humor seeping into his tone.

The lack of response Cara got answered her question, leading her thoughts instead to the topic Kiernan had just questioned. Developing a poison on her own, one capable of doing such a thing... Who just up and did that? Hesitantly looking back over at Ixera for a curious moment, she eventually shrugged. "So long as it distracts them a bit longer. The ravine wouldn't have kept them long." She spoke with a soft sigh, only to see Ixera now doing something with her arm. Cara's gaze followed her movements, from the light of her arm to the rings appearing about them. Eyes widening curiously, she studied them for the moment she had to. Then, all too quickly, they were in another place altogether. Blinking oddly, she turned her head to look around now at their new, foreign surroundings. Her brow creased slightly. Not only had she not seen magic of the sort, but the things in this new room... They were all quite strange. Unsettling, rather. One of her hands moved to her stomach as she quietly stood off to the side.

"I guess... so... Hey, where are we exactly?" She questioned, turning to Zed as she tried to comprehend what had just happened. If Ixera hadn't seemed to have already busied herself, she would instead be throwing out the arsenal of questions she had been building up for her. Instead, it seemed like she would have to accept that they could come at a later time.

"Wait, what will you do with her?" Kiernan turned to look over Numira and Ixera instead of responding to Zed, a mix of suspicion and worry edging his tone.

Hearing this, Cara turned to him, frowning slightly. She couldn't answer that, and she knew she couldn't stop him from worrying over it, but that didn't mean the woman didn't seem to know what she was doing. Then again, Cara was typically a bit more trusting of others than he.

HC-Gal

Old 10-16-2014, 08:23 PM

"It's.. Well.. Kinda hard to explain..?" Zed replied to Cara raising a hand to rub the back of his head a little but then simply pointed past himself away from the area where Numira and Ixera were. When Kiernan piped up to ask her the question, she glared over her shoulder at him a moment before she turned on her heel and rested her hand upon her hip,
"Oh the usual, tear her apart limb from limb, experiment with whats left and throw the rest away-" She paused for only a brief moment before practically shouting at him in response once more, "-What do you think I'm going to do with her?!" She demanded but cut him off before he could answer, pointing in the same direction Zed had,
"Go. Eat! She isn't like any of you, I cant just feed her some medicine and she'll get better. I cant use magic. I have to use some of the same processes I used the first time, then a few other things to improve her defenses and make it so she doesn't shut down whenever some-one throws a simple little fireball at her. Even if I tried to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand, not you, not her and not Master Yu either. Now stop making a pest of yourself, I'll get to you once I am done with her." The woman fumed but Zed got between her and Kiernan.

"Kiernan," Zed started, placing a hand on his shoulder, a more serious look on his face for that moment, "Please. Just trust us. She'll be fine," He stated calmly, nodding to him once before patting him on the shoulder once more and leading him away a small distance,
"Aunt Ix acts high strung a lot," He grinned at Cara, "It's like me jumping on buildings to catch lightning," Then he smiled at Kiernan, "Or ambushing people I think are bandits in the woods like a loud moron. It's kinda how we do things." He added, though he stopped still as something came around one of the corners. Metallic clacks could be heard as it took calm steps towards the group before it stopped,
"Hello, young master Zed. Please identify the unknown elements." It stated, the same metallic voice from before, a soft tinny undertone, but it seemed polite enough,
"Oh, right, yeah, Hecate, these are Cara and Kiernan," He pointed to each respectively, the machine processed the information before nodding,
"Greetings, young master Kiernan, young mistress Cara. Welcome to the Iskander." The machine then walked past them calmly, headed towards Ixera,
"That's Hecate." He thought about it then smiled nervously again, "He's also hard to explain.. I think I say that too much.." He sighed and carried on leading the others to one of the doorways at the back. As soon as they approached it, the doorway opened of its own accord with a hiss. The place outside seemed rather dark, save for a light shining directly towards them. It was in fact the sun rising int he distance, for they were inside a cave-like area. Zed stepped out, taking it quite normally. He didn't even look back at the large vessel nestled within the cavern.
"People of the kingdom call this cavern the Maw of Levante, I think." Zed stated, resting his hands on his hips as he walked towards the great opening before them, "We call it home. Though we have a more normal home just outside."

He wasn't wrong, just around the corner from the open cavern was a cottage, it certainly looked normal enough, not to mention big enough for a family, but secluded enough that no-one could bother them. No-one just went out of their way to climb a mountain to cause inhabitants at the top some trouble, it was probably why Ixera had set up base there, including the fact that she had that large ship hidden inside the cavern.

Last edited by HC-Gal; 10-16-2014 at 08:25 PM..

Arc Angel

Old 10-16-2014, 09:43 PM

Cara's nose wrinkled slightly after the answer she received, sighing softly instead of questioning Zed further as she instead crossed her hands before her and began to head away from Ixera and Numira. Hearing Ixera's response, however, lead her to pause mid-step. Even before looking casting her gaze back towards where she now yelled at Kiernan, she visibly cringed at the tone that had immediately been taken. Perhaps his hint at suspicion had been misplaced, but she could hardly blame her brother for at least asking. After watching him tending to Numira since they had left Shilf, Cara found no surprise in his attachment to her recovery.

Kiernan's eyes at first widened boyishly at the tone she had taken with him, only to harden to a cold intensity of their own as his jaw set itself with anger. This woman may have a better grasp on what Numira needed than he did, but he did not see that to mean he was not allowed to question her method of curing a woman he cared for. Even if beyond his understanding. His muscles tensed as he was prepared to fire right back at her when Zed stepped between them. Kiernan's gaze lingered on the woman behind him for a few moments, fuming, before his gaze casually swerved to Zed. It focused on him for a moment before his muscles relaxed just a bit and he turned to follow after him and Cara. "I know." He grumbled, in response to the prospect of trusting them and her recovery. Kiernan only knew this, of course, because he had no other options. His fists yet clenched themselves at his sides, tensing as he flexed his fingers in thought, gaze lowered as he refrained from speaking further. Angering them hadn't been his objective in asking questions, and he wished to avoid it yet. That just didn't change his growing frustration with the situation.

"I couldn't tell." Cara replied slowly as she watched Kiernan near, removing her gaze from him once he bothered to momentarily return it. Sighing softly, she shrugged a little as he related their encounters with him to it. "It's not that I don't see what you mean, or see some semblance to how she seems in how you've acted... it's just not what we're used to, you understand." She spoke gently, as if for Kiernan's anger, though in her own way. "We do really appreciate what you're doing to help us." She then added, sending a small smile in Zed's direction.

Kiernan softened a bit again as his sister spoke, finding some sense of calm in her words. They were indeed dong them a great favor. It's just that he didn't quite... grasp Ixera's personality well. Brow furrowing as he looked over his prosthetic for a moment, he bent each of its fingers slowly as they walked, lowering it to look up only as... something approached.

Cara's eyes widened as the metal, walking creature drew near them, hesitating a little to stop where she stood and allow Kiernan and Zed before her. "He's-that's a person?" She questioned, a tad taken back.

"Err- hello." Kiernan spoke hesitantly, testing as he watched what had approached oddly.

Hearing the name of it as Zed explained vaguely, Cara stepped forwards again to catch up with them. "I felt no presence..." She murmured, taking what Zed said into consideration and simply not asking of it. Asking questions didn't seem a welcome thing right now. Rubbing her cheek as she looked around again instead, curiosity began to fill her expression. They were in a strange place indeed. When they came up to the door that opened on its own, wonder filled Cara's eyes as she studied the opening doors, though her gaze soon instead fixated on the view of the sun. "So, we are in the Levante." Cara commented briefly, tapping a finger to her cheek thoughtfully as she let her thoughts gather about all she had just seen. It was a bit to take in.

After a few quiet moments, she turned suddenly to Zed. "Are you not actually from around here, then?" She began curiously, then paused, grinning sheepishly. "Assuming I can ask questions now..."

Kiernan stood just behind the two, observing their surroundings with a little unease, though now his thoughts were elsewhere. Was this what Austaros was like for Numira? Full of questions, new things to explore, curious people with odd ways? Running a hand through his hair thoughtfully as he stood aside casually, he frowned slightly. That seemed about right.

HC-Gal

Old 10-17-2014, 05:06 AM

"Well you can always ask questions of me," Zed replied, staring at Cara like this was something she should have known the whole time, he chuckled a little afterwards though, "Although I understand that it seems hard to ask questions around Aunt Ix." He added, rubbing his head a little as he walked, "But anyway, Aunt Ix? Definitely not from here.. Me and Shina though.. We were born just next to the border of Vale to the north. Our father was a merchant by trade, our mother.. Hm.. We didn't know her actually.. Father took us on one of his trading trips south into Austaros, but when we stopped for camp, Shina lead me away into the forest to play. We came back later and.." He stopped in place, lowered his hands to his pockets and stared away from them,
"I was two, Shina was five.. We didn't really have anywhere left to go, we wandered along the road, but we were too scared to go near people, in case they were bandits. Well, until Aunt Ix found us. She said we looked like a pair of pathetic mongrels. We were pretty dirty and hungry by then. Next thing we knew, we were on the Iskander." He thumbed to the ship in the cave, parts of it glowed in gentle colors, lighting the cavern along with the morning sunlight in an aurora of many hues both light and dark,
"She did treat us rough at first, but she also didn't talk to us much. She gave us food, made sure we were clean and dressed, she'd yell at us if we made mistakes, though if we did things right, she treated us too. After a while there was more yelling, but.. I don't know.. I look back on it now that I'm older and I hear what she's saying a little differently. Plus I think if she's yelling at you, or generally being loud and expressive, it means she cares, or feels comfortable around you. She usually just ignores you because you aren't worth her time otherwise. But then again, if she's paying full attention and doesn't say a word.. Then you're really in trouble.." A nervous look crossed his face, he'd had prior experience with that too.

He turned a moment and stared at the ship in the cave with a smile on his face, in spite of his condition, beaten and bruised up, he was still smiling widely,
"As for Hecate. I dont really.. Remember what it's like having a dad, but I kinda think he's what it's like. He isn't actually a person. He's.. Er.. How to explain.. He's a living thing made of metal but with no actual.. Life force? It's about the most accurate way I can describe it. But he's nice and when Aunt Ix is busy, he's always looking after us or training us in her place. But yeah, whatever he is, he is someone, not just something." He rubbed the top of his head a little, a slightly pained look on his face, "It kinda hurts when he does hit us though.. We were brats sometimes so he'd give us a good knock on the head.. Hands made of metal really hurt."

Zed climbed the last few steps out of the cave, it only took a few more to get to the edge and star out across the kingdom of Austaros. He pocketed his hands once more and looked out across the various settlements. They could even see Shilf, or rather a large scar and smoke where Shilf had once been. The areas further in were misted over already, just as predicted, the area around Thirsten was especially foggy, but so high up were they that it were possible to look down on the weather phenomena and observe it all,
"I bet the King himself doesn't have a view of the kingdom this good."

Arc Angel

Old 10-17-2014, 03:35 PM

Cara laughed a bit at Zed's reaction, a warm sound as her fingers brushed her lip and she looked on at him. "Of course." A grin lined her lips in agreement with both things he had said. They may not know him well, but he hadn't seemed anything but open. Ixera, then, hadn't seemed quite so... "Good, I do have quite a few." She then added, grin broadening as she lowered the hand resting near her face. While she didn't actually think to ask all of what she had been wondering since arriving, at least getting the basics out of the way would be nice. It seemed she got more than asked for in his response, though.

As he spoke, Cara nodded along slowly, quiet and intent as she took his words in. It seemed Ixera might then be from Kiranes, where she assumed Numira to be from. When he paused, her expression softened a tad. She moved to gently grab his forearm in the quiet moments, giving it a gently squeeze in what she hoped to be comforting. "I'm sorry to hear that." Cara spoke softly, brief but allowing for him to continue on all the same. As he went on, her gaze drew back to the ship, admiring the light of the cavern as she stared curiously back at it. She lifted her gaze to him, however, with the same curiosity as he turned to look back at the ship. A small smiled tugged at her lips again.

Giggling as she saw him rubbing his head, she drew her gaze away as she considered the idea of the metal man, Hecate, scolding children. It seemed silly in a way, now. "That seems... nice. I think I sort of get what you mean." Cara spoke at first, then later adding, with a small laugh, "I can't imagine a metal hand feeling all that great." She quieted a bit as they climbed the remaining stairs, gathering up all of this information only to lose her grasp of it as soon as the view got ahold of her gaze. It was truly astounding. Eyes widening and lips parting, wonder drew over her as she looked down over the landscape of Austaros. The view was no worse than a map in itself, expansive and clear even above the bits of clouds. "This is incredible! You get to see this every day...?" She spoke up with enthusiasm, though her mood soon settled. Eyeing the scar of earth that was now Shilf, her gaze settled along the crevice she had created and what she could see of the rubble from there. Absent-mindedly, she bit her bottom lip, little silver wisps of magic energy forming near her hands before dissipating as she softly sighed.

Kiernan remained quiet through this, listening but not seeing the need to speak up himself. The man was caught up in thought, tucked away in his mind as he tried to conquer what had happened within the past couple of days. All of it, what would it mean for the future? There wasn't much that now seemed sturdy enough to plan. His jaw set itself again, eyes narrowing in on the scenery once he had stepped up to the edge of the cavern behind the other two. His gaze too, trailed along the landscape, though no such wonder lingered on his features. Instead, his brow only creased slightly as Shilf came to his view. His gaze quickly moved on to study what he could of Thirsten before shifting to settle on Cara. Studying her for a moment, he then shifted to step back again.

"He doesn't." She commented quietly after quiet moments had passed, a bit somber but grinning again as she tapped her finger to her cheek. "The palace is wonderful, what I've seen of it, but not quite so magnificent with its views. I wish Asleen could see this..." The last bit was added as a side thought, but further mentioning her friend didn't seem like the best idea, if Asleen was to remain a normal person to the two men here. A part of her thought to return the gesture of explaining their own childhood, but with Kiernan in such an off mood already... She glanced over her shoulder at him briefly, grinning. It didn't seem a good idea to cross into that territory quite yet.

Returning the gaze of his sister, Kiernan's eyes took up an edge suddenly. Raising his human hand, he cuffed her over the head scoldingly.

"Ow, jerk!" She cried, surprised and pouting as she covered her head now. "The heck was that for?"

"Taking a hint from Ixera," He smirked now, though playful gleam lit his eyes. "Not really. I had to do something at some point after yesterday, though. Using that much power was foolish, you can't expect me to stand there and watch that again."

Cara's pout dissipated after a few moments, her gaze moving to Zed sheepishly as her hands lowered again. "Do it again and I'll cuff you one." She then retorted with a playful tone of her own, gaze moving to her brother with a small smile of understanding before she began stretching her arms as if in preparation. "So, Zed, what do you suggest we do in the mean time?" She then questioned, not mentioning Numira, but certainly meaning while she recovered. "How does that mist of hers work?"

HC-Gal

Old 10-17-2014, 07:00 PM

Zed watched Kiernan's motion, especially the serious face, though when he raised his hand and cuffed the top of Cara's head, then explained why he did it, Zed laughed out loud,
"He gets it!" He stated a moment, but with Cara looking at him, he smiled sheepishly himself, "H-hey, don't look at me, I didn't do it. He's right though, you should be careful about going to such extreme lengths until you can do it without tiring yourself out." He agreed with Kiernan in that regard, at least to a certain degree, but he was also the type to go all out if he had to, so he could see why she did it too and certainly not argue against it.

Her next question mad he shrug a little as he turned towards the cottage hidden next to the maw, hands rested in his pockets, though he looked back at them again with a smile,
"Well, you could always start asking those questions? I don't know how well I can answer some of it, but I could give it a go?" Zed stated with a smile, she did say she had questions, so now was as good a time as any to start asking, "While we're at it, like I said, some food. You're not gonna recover all that energy you used just by willing it. Have to keep the body and mind healthy. Aunt Ixera researched magic and all sorts of things for the last fifteen years or so. According to her; the basics to becoming stronger is a healthy diet, looking after the body, practice with your magic and meditation can strengthen you considerably."

As Zed reached a few meters from the home he reached his left hand into the air and brought it down in front of him. Energy sparked in front of him and the cottage seemed to glimmer and shift as a barrier pulled away for a moment, allowing them to pass through,
"Aunt Ix gets pretty cautious." He added a little, waiting for them to pass through before putting his hands in his pockets as he watched them again, "As for the morning mist, honestly we could use it any time, but Aunt Ix likes to trick people. My sister Shina is best suited for the job of planting the mist. It's just a bunch of jars she can put in the ground, they release a fine mist, like smoke and eventually the enemy inhales it. It doesn't affect animals too much, they may get a little confused but it mostly makes them run away to safety. But for people it.. Well, it is like being hypnotized, in a sense. You believe or see things either that you desire, or that get suggested by some-one else. Say for example, I wanted to lift my arm. I think I've lifted it, but my arm might still be by my side. If I don't think about it, my arm will move like normal. If I suggested to you that there were twenty of me all around you, twenty of me might appear. It simply activates and amplifies the affect of hypnotic suggestion." He chuckled a little as he opened the door into the cottage,
"Aunt Ix doesn't really like fatal poisons.. She calls it.. Uh.. Biological warfare? Something about poisons for killing people makes her really angry, so she made the morning mist."

Zed stepped into the building. What was there wasn't too different from a normal home, furniture, a fireplace, a kitchen area, bedrooms in the far back and a bathing room besides, it was rather clean and the floor much more smooth and solid compared to some rougher floors, tiles of polished stone and carpets, no furs or skins, it all seemed woven and hand-made,
"We have some food supplies, but I need to go shopping again, I still haven't among all the things that went on yesterday."

Arc Angel

Old 10-17-2014, 08:00 PM

A touch of amusement brushed Kiernan's features as he at first sighed at her reaction, before chuckling. "Maybe a little." He replied casually to Zed, though the look that earned from Cara made him cringe a little. Her eyes narrowed in on him for a moment before briefly sticking her tongue out at him. Then pouting slightly, her gaze moved back to Zed. "It's not fair to gang up on me, not like I had a choice." She replied with a bit of sass, one hand rising to her hip as she then let out a small sigh of her own. "I'm not always that reckless, I'll leave that to you two."

Kiernan merely chuckled again and greeted her playful remark with a grin. His mood had softened a bit again, but his thoughts still remained elsewhere. For a moment, looking over the view, they wondered back to a time he had been a part of these invading forces. Kiernan let himself imagine those he left behind, both those he couldn't convince to follow him out and those that he had never gotten the chance to explain himself to. He paused there for a moment behind the others before moving to quietly catch up.

Cara let out a small laugh at Zed's advice before smiling and nodding in agreement with it herself. "I can't help it, you sound a bit like Yu. Man, your aunt really must've been his student at one point..." She commented with mild amusement, having had a hard time thinking of her that way up until he made the mention. Izera had seemed a bit too... severe, maybe to study under someone so formal before. They had had a falling out, though, something Cara reminded herself of as the thought crossed her mind. That didn't mean they got along. "He's always pushing me to meditate, eat healthier, get plenty of exercise." She then explained briefly, finding it all quite normal to run through. When the mist was explained, her gaze took on a curious gleam again, trying to imagine such a thing. It certainly wasn't too much of a stretch to consider a magical, but that Ixera had developed it was quite impressive yet.

"Does she create a lot of things like that?" She began, then thought to Thirsten for a moment, "I hope it gets its use soon... I can't imagine we held them up for too long." While it may not take out the army - which was a relief to Cara, because even that would be slaughter of its own - it might slow them, from the sound of it. Tapping her chin thoughtfully, she thought back to other questions she yet had. There were quite a few, so she was prioritizing as others might just come in time. "What exactly is the Iskander?" She decided to ask, thinking back to the glowing hunk of metal in the cave. "Another type of home?"

Then, off-topic but going back to Zed's suggestion, Kiernan piped up. "Food would be a great idea." He knew at least he and Cara hadn't eaten since beginning to eat the stew the other day, which mean his last full meal had been biscuits the previous morning. It was also a key component in regaining strength, as Zed had said, so it was sort of important at this point. Feeling about himself for a moment, he ended up producing a coin pouch which he tossed and caught his ease. "I can go grab some things, if ya need. It's the least we can do. Also wouldn't mind grabbing supplies in town, anyways." He suggested. They had left their home relatively empty-handed. Kiernan had had his money on his person already and had grabbed his blades, so there was a plus, but Cara had left with only her short cloak and Kiernan's sheathed sword.

HC-Gal

Old 10-18-2014, 05:27 PM

Zed only grinned when Cara said she would leave the reckless things to him and Kiernan, that was a fair deal if he ever saw one, especially if it meant she would be safer, in some way he was sure Kiernan would agree with that sentiment, but he didn't say anything. At the mention of Yu again, Zed could only shrug though, hands rested on his hips as he looked at her,
"Well.. She still hasn't said anything about that name in particular.. I guess she did know him, I mean she said something about it when we came to get you three.. But if he's your teacher and you like him then.. Uh.. Thanks, I guess?" He rubbed the back of his head, perhaps a little embarrassed, he felt like he'd just rambled a little there.

The question about creating things, that got him grinning,
"You don't know the half of it. She makes a lot of things, we get materials from various lands, then she makes all kinds of things-" He paused, realizing he was about to go on about some of it, but then he remembered there were certain rules about some of things she created that she was very clear about. He and Shina knew about technology, and they knew how great it was, but they also knew how dangerous it was. Thinking back, those Golems. Sure he felt magic from them, but he suggested to Ixera that they might have been machines, like Hecate. Even showing Kiernana and Cara the inside of that ship was risky.. But they could be trusted..

Then came the question of the Iskander itself, he smiled nervously,
"Uhm.. There are certain rules we have to abide by. I cant actually explain the Iskander fully.. It is not that I do not want to, but there are really special rules that even Ixera has to follow. It is for the good of Austaros and even Draskone and other places. But you kinda have it on the button, it is another kind of home. If Aunt Ix thinks she should tell you more about it, she will, it isn't really my place." He rubbed his head, knowing how weird it might have all sounded, "She did once say it was one of the reasons she argued with her master, because she couldn't tell him things like this. Kinda sucks having a big secret you're not allowed to tell even when you really want to, I think?"

At Kiernan's offer to go grab food, Zed stared incredulously at the other man then chuckled,
"What? You wanna run all the way down a mountain for half a day, to the next town for the second half of the day, then bring it all back up by yourself? You do remember we're like.. On the tallest mountain around here, right?" He chuckled, "Don't worry about it, I'll get it when I get it, no-one said we had almost nothing left. It was just a topping-up run. Aunt Ix drilled preparedness into our heads, so now we just always make sure we've got plenty." Zed waved a hand lazily to Kiernan. Though looking at Cara he then smirked,
"It'll make a difference to have another lady around who can actually cook. Aunt Ix is okay, but Shina is a nightmare. I think she could make worse poisons than our Aunt with every day food ingredients," Zed chuckled a little, "Dont tell her I said that though, she'll throw me off the mountain.. Again.."

Arc Angel

Old 10-19-2014, 02:55 AM

With Zed's response to her comparing his words to her teacher's, Cara quirked an eyebrow at him. When he ended with a bit of a question, she laughed lightly, nodding along a little bit. Smiling at him amused, she spoke with a playful tone. "I mean, if you like sounding like an old geezer..." Giggling a little, she then went on in a more casual manner. "It was a compliment, though." Her gaze moved to look about a bit more, taking in what she could from where they stood while rocking back and forth on her feet gently. It wasn't long before it shifted back to Zed, however, as he cut himself off. Pouting slightly, she took in the nervous grin he sent her as her forehead creased slightly. "I see." She replied at first, a bit hesitant as she wondered whether it was worth questioning it. It might have been a strange place to cut himself off, but it seemed he had his reasons. Still... Sighing softly, Cara let a small shrug roll off of her shoulders. "If you say so. I guess we wouldn't want you overstepping boundaries." She rubbed her cheek thoughtfully for a moment before dropping the subject completely. Zed had a reason for it, so she would trust in him. He had proven worthy of it after all, no?

Kiernan, on the other hand, still let his mind linger on the subject. Keeping secrets, that was a cause for some suspicion, not that his sister and he were any strangers to secrecy. They had maintained their home country as something of a secret rather well over the years, though they went through no extreme to hide it. Many had found out along the way, but only those they allowed to get close or that Kiernan had trusted to allow into his home. Even so, he became acutely aware that they hadn't exactly explained much of themselves, even to Numira. Even after the attack. Though, perhaps knew a bit too much of the invading forces to remain quiet for long. Sighing, he nodded in agreement with Zed. "It was probably a huge burden for her, if she couldn't explain much of herself to him." Slipping his coin pouch away, he then grinned over at Zed. "Hadn't... exactly thought of that..." He then chuckled, stirred from his thoughts as some of his seriousness lifted again.

"Hey, not many of us can say they move with lightening speeds." Cara offered, a grin lining her lips as her gaze rested on her brother. Then, as she was addressed, it moved curiously to Zed. She stifled a laugh as he mentioned his sister's cooking, as well as the prospect of being thrown from a mountain. This mountain, she reckoned. Kiernan, too, chuckled, though he didn't speak up of it as she did. "Maybe I can be of some use to you all, then." She replied simply at first, then adding. "Better me to help with it than Kiernan, anyways." Smiling, she looked over her shoulder at him as he froze up for a moment before sending a sort of childish glare in her direction.

"I don't always burn things!" He retorted firmly, leading her to laughing as she looked to Zed.

"Almost always is close enough. Luckily he has no mountain to throw me from, though!" She replied cheerfully, clapping her hands together once as her smile broadened. Kiernan mumbled his response lowly, crossing his arms as he rolled his eyes but ended up grinning nonetheless.

"So, I guess some of my other questions are sorta out of range here, then..." Cara spoke thoughtfully again, tapping her chin before shrugging. "Ah well. Maybe another time then." She had half a mind to consider asking Ixera what she had in mind, but the woman did seem intimidating by her own means. Even so, she did hate being left without answers. "Was it your aunt who taught you magic, then? Her and Hecate?" She questioned after a moment's silence, not quite yet aware of how many she had continued to ask him. Only after the last having left her mouth did she consider that maybe that was enough for now... Others could at least wait for later. After all, they had still just met-- something she seemed to be forgetting in the odd circumstances.

HC-Gal

Old 10-19-2014, 03:59 PM

"I don't like it either," Zed shrugged his shoulders a little, "I'm not the kinda guy who likes keeping secrets, but I know it's important to Aunt Ix." The man looked around the home a moment before he want over to the kitchen, where was a linked storage area with the various supplies one could expect of a home like this out on its own,
"Well if you want to try making something, I guess we could start with what's in here? We have some fruit, bread, some ready cooked meats, spices and a few other things. Aunt Ix says cooking is no different to alchemy, mix the right ingredients and cook it all properly and you'll always make something great."

He paused briefly at Kiernan and Cara's exchange but then he smirked as he raised a hand to scratch his head a little,
"Uh, Cara.. You remember we're on top of a mountain right now.. Right?" He asked, not that he was trying to give Kiernan ideas but the irony of her statement made him smirk, because if Kiernan wanted to throw her off a mountain; they were currently in the perfect place. Though he honestly couldn't see it ever happening between the two of them. The only reason he and Shina could survive being tossed off a mountain were their particular abilities, perhaps Cara could survive with her barrier abilities, but he wasn't sure. She certainly had a lot of power.

"You could still try asking some questions if you want. That's kinda why I said I wasn't sure I would be able to answer them all but I would try." He smiled, though he heard her question then grinned, "Well, kinda.. She taught us all the important basic stuff, but then she gave us choices of ancient magic or theories of styles of magic, she gathered all sorts of stuff while we were traveling with her. In the end I wanted to try creating something new on some theories she came up with so with ideas from her and lots of trying and failing I came up with my lightning abilities. Shina followed an ancient style that she liked the idea of. It's pretty weird.. And a little scary.. But it works.."

He thought about it further for a moment,
"Hecate.. Well Aunt Ix put focusing crystals in him. he can use magic. But he is kinda like Numira, or was. Before Aunt Ix fixed him, magic would make him stop working. Er.. Wait.. That doesn't sound right.." He thought on it briefly, "It is not that he and Numira are the same things. It is just that they both have something in them that reacts badly to magic unless it gets fixed-Ugh not hat doesn't sound right either..!" He reached his hand sup to his hair and half-furiously ran them back and forth randomly, "I can't explain it properly at all!" He groaned, it really was difficult not to explain these things fully, he wanted to tell them badly but it was against the rules,
"Er anyway.. Hecate can spar with us to help us test out our abilities.. He's really tough, even if you break him; he can fix himself after a while. The metal he is made of is special, it turns back to its original shape after it gets broken."

Arc Angel

Old 10-19-2014, 06:51 PM

Kiernan and Cara exchanged a glance as Zed moved on into the kitchen, both now seeming to understand his reasoning. If it was something he kept secret for the sake of his aunt, then a secret it should be. At least, for now that was probably best. Cara was the first to look away, following after Zed as Kiernan trailed behind a bit further back. "That sounds like more than enough to whip something up." Cara commented with a smile, peeking into the storage from behind him curiously. They seemed well-enough stocked to her, but for a family living alone on a mountain... maybe it was indeed grocery time. "Well, putting it to a science doesn't leave any room for creativity and care with the ingredients... Not that she's wrong." Cara added the last part a bit hesitantly, not meaning to sound that way. "There's just a lot to it, ya know?"

As he noted that they were indeed atop a mountain right now. Cara froze where she stood. Then, pouting slightly at Zed, she spoke up. "Who's side are you even on?!"

Kiernan snickered, grabbing the back of her dress playfully. "I could always give it a first try..."

Cara turned to elbow him in the side, hard. "Hurt Asleen's dress and I'd sooner throw you off! This is a loan, not something easily in our budget!" She retorted, not that her physical strength was anything to brag about. She was lean, shorter than the two men here, and although he did have some muscle it wasn't much.

Kiernan, however, only laughed in reaction as he released her. "I was joking, you're all feisty today." He commented a tad playfully, rubbing his ribs where she'd elbowed him. His gaze did dip to the dress she mentioned however, the fine-woven green of it certainly something he'd never seen his sister wearing. He wondered back to her friend for a moment, the noblewoman staying among the guards in Thirsten.

Sighing and shaking her head a little, Cara's grin returned as Zed noted she could still try asking some of her questions. "Oh, I still will. Just in more time." She declared with a warmer smile, then listening to him explain the origins of both his and his sister's abilities a bit. "Ah, so you sort of came up with it on your own." She commented at first, considering what she'd read of like-styled powers. Magic surely covered a broad spectrum, so individuals definitely had plenty of room to tinker with what already existed. "That's awesome! Ancient magic is always interesting to see, even if a bit scary at times. Will we be meeting your sister...?" She silted her head a little with the question, excited at the prospect that the two both used magic. Not only this, but they both had different abilities, and that would be interesting to see. "Kiernan had been tinkering with fire-based skills for a long time, but I picked up on studying pure energy manipulation a bit later on. Yu has given me a fair share of it, though reading up on other stuff is always pretty helpful, to me."

Cara was about to go on, but she stopped herself. Not only had she rambled a bit, but she had mentioned Kiernan in the mix. Blinking in surprise at herself, she turned her gaze to her brother, who had seemed to tense a bit but hadn't otherwise spoken up to mind it. His lack of magic use now was a touchy subject surely enough, but he didn't mind its mention altogether. He focused more on what Zed had to say of Hecate. "Something in them that reacts badly to magic...?" He questioned softly, confusion gathering in his features as the two siblings watched Zed. Curiosity played along Cara's expression as she watched him dig his hands up into his hair. Giggling a little at his frustration, she shrugged a little. "Don't worry about it. Sounds like a pretty neat sparring partner to have handy. Especially if he can fix himself up like that." She noted, wondering about how that sort of thing could happen. An enchantment?

Kiernan remained quiet after that, puzzled but trying to piece it together. Why didn't Numira's body cooperate so well with magic, and what linked her to some... one of the sort like Hecate? Rubbing his neck thoughtfully, he frowned slightly. Something told him it was a question not for now, but for Numira.

HC-Gal

Old 10-20-2014, 12:56 AM

Zed paused at what Cara said before grinning,
"She also says any alchemist not willing to experiment is no alchemist at all." He added. Her reaction to his mention of the mountain made him show a mocking, defensive face, "I didn't know there were sides to choose from!" Zed stated in his defense, grinning still as Kiernan grabbed her. The response form Cara made Zed snicker as he rested his hands on his side.
The question about his sister made him pull a face, that same nervous look that applied often,
"Well.. Maybe..? I dunno how long it'll take Aunt Ix to help your friend so.. Er.." He hesitated a little. Honestly he wondered how they would deal with his sister. She had the bad habit of coming across like Aunt Ix, one was bad enough, two personalities like that in one room was a recipe for trouble.

After his little stress episode, he gave up, instead finding himself a place on one of the two couches. As he sat there he folded his arms and stared over at the two a moment. Though fatigue was now getting to him. He half closed an eye, feeling the weight of his head get heavier before he looked up again,
"Oh yeah.." He murmured, "Y'know.. I never did sleep last night." Zed grinned to himself, letting out a slight snicker, this soon prompted a yawn from the male, covering his mouth with one hand before he looked over at Kiernan and Cara again,
"Just help yourselves to the stuff in the storage.. Do whatever.. I'm gonna have to take a nap.." He waved his hand in their direction before he slumped over on the couch. It was about time his body got some rest. He too hadn't had much to eat the last couple of days, his own fault really. Two rough fights, a run up the mountain and two long days total, a nap was well-deserved at this point.

The door to the cottage opened once more, however it was not Ixera, instead it was Hecate. The machine stepped in comfortably, first glancing at Cara and Kiernan before it then looked at Zed. It's posture remained stiff, upright, but it moved with solid, smooth steps towards Zed, reaching over him for one of the blanket-like covers that hung over it and simply pulled it over Zed before standing upright again and turning its head towards Cara and Kiernan,
"Young master Kiernan. Young mistress Cara. Greetings." It stated plainly, the voice was still pleasant and polite, "At Mistress Ixera's request; I am pleased to inform you that your companion, young mistress Numira, is no longer suffering the effects of her fever. Mistress Ixera is working diligently to revive her consciousness. She further encourages you to acquire sustenance and would like young master Kiernan to be at young mistress Numira's side once Mistress Ixera herself departs. Do you require anything at present?"

Last edited by HC-Gal; 10-20-2014 at 02:24 AM..

Arc Angel

Old 10-20-2014, 02:58 AM

"Of course there are sides! There are in every sibling relationship." Cara insisted playfully, though the smile she sent to Kiernan suggested otherwise. Her gaze watched as Zed then moved to sit on the couch, seeming to slump with sleep within moments. "Well, I guess I'll still whip up something for lunch then..." She murmured more to herself, withdrawing some bread and meat from the storage.

Kiernan raised his eyebrow in Zed's direction as he was asleep so quickly, shaking his head as he commented, "I can't believe this guy. He's already asleep..."

Cara giggled, already seasoning the small portion of meat she had taken. "What else do ya expect? He's a trooper for holding out on sleep so long. I passed right out last night." Both of their heads turned to see the person to enter next. Cara smiled warmly as they were addressed, still finding Hecate odd and seemingly inhuman in many ways, but happy for the company regardless. Also, rather relieved with the news. "Hello. Good news!" She chimed cheerfully, voice a bit softer with her acknowledgement of Zed's nap.

Kiernan felt as if a large weight were suddenly hoisted from him, standing a bit more upright immediately, his body both relaxing and tensing with the jolt of enthusiasm the news gave him. "She's okay?" He began at first, surprised and digesting the news as a broad smile came to his face. Then, he frowned slightly. "Thank you. Cara is fixing lunch, if you would like some." He offered, then hesitantly asked, "When should I head back to do so? I guess, I'm wondering when I'll know she's gone to do so?"

"I'm guessing when they tell you, Kiernan." She chimed in a bit playfully, much to his lack of amusement.

"I, uh, would like to be there as soon as allowed." He spoke perhaps a bit shyly, one of his hands rubbing the back of his head.

Cara held her hands over the pre-cooked meat to form small slivers of energy which fell and rose to slice it, requiring some effort with the weaker stores of energy she felt today. That feeling in itself had her pouting as she focused, but she knew it would grow back in time. It still hadn't seemed to fully recover, regardless of her ability to at least do menial tasks like this now. At least that was something. "I certainly wouldn't mind making something for you, too. I already withdrew enough for another... can be Ixera or Zed, if either would like." She suggested, glancing over at the two for a moment.

HC-Gal

Old 10-20-2014, 03:24 AM

Hecate turned his metal head towards Kiernan a moment as he briefly questioned if Numira was fine, the machine's response was a simple nod, well timed and well placed, though at the offer of food, he was about to answer, but then the questions changed back to the previous topic, he decided it was more prudent to answer the more pressing issue of the two, simply staring quietly at Kiernan for a couple of seconds before shifting slightly, arms remaining firmly at his sides as he turned his upper body only slightly towards Kiernan,
"Mistress Ixera will not leave without personally seeing you to your companion. Following this; it is her intent to greet our guests from Draskone, although I believe this was a play on words. Given the current situation; I believe she is going to engage them briefly and examine the new creations of Draskone." He explained simply, however he then regarded Cara as she used magic to cut the meat from the store.

her suggestion that they make something for him too was pointless, however he understood that they did not know this yet, instead he walked over to Cara's side silently, the only sounds being the whirring of small motors and shifting metal plates. The machine stopped next to her, but then placed a hand across his lower torso in a polite bow,
"Your concern is appreciated, but not necessary. I do not require sustenance of any kind. I am not a living creature." He replied as he stood straight up again, "My apologies, I am not permitted to explain further. For further questions; please refer to Mistress Ixera. Enjoy your meal. I will be here if you require any assistance. Although, if you would permit me to ask; do you require any aid? Your current level of energy is low, it would be preferred that you do not strain yourself, or you risk burning yourself out."

He turned towards the counter of the kitchen, lifting his left arm, a light appeared in his open palm, stretching smoothly and taking the shape of a kitchen knife, his right arm moved next, grasping the blade and offering the handle to Cara. The plating of Hecate's face twitched then shifted, drawing low and back, as if trying to express concern, though he wasn't sure if the limited expressive range of his face was quite enough to convey it,
"I am here to be of service."

Arc Angel

Old 10-20-2014, 03:30 PM

Kiernan watched Hecate carefully as he turned towards him, catching his nod before actually letting the news sink in. Numira really was alright. Grinning, he chuckled to himself a little as if in disbelief before listening to what he was told. Nodding, he followed along well enough. "Alright, I guess I'll just be waiting for her say-so, then." He accepted with a small smile as he found his nerves now kicking in. Kiernan was quite anxious to see her, whether he'd like to admit so or not, not that this fact wasn't quite obvious by his shifting behaviors. What else he had to say also caught Kiernan's interest, however. Ixera planned to personally go see the Draskone? He found that a reckless idea, but didn't say anything of it. He didn't know the woman, the details of her intent, or how he could even try to begin explaining the recklessness of it. So, he didn't. Instead he sighed softly and rubbed his hands together a bit awkwardly. "Right... Thank you." He thanked him again, finding conversation with Hecate quite... odd. His language was very formal, but also seemingly broken as well. Something was certainly weird about him. Nevertheless, he just accepted these things for now and went to sit on the couch unoccupied by Zed.

Cara continued on as they spoke, hearing the exchange but not caring to speak during it. To her, what mattered was that Numira would soon be well again. That was enough to set her into grinning. If not only because it would wipe the somber attitude from her brother, it was also because Numira had been a rather nice girl from what she knew. It would be nice to have her around again, and good to see her well. As she heard the soft sounds of Hecate nearing however, she paused in her work. Parting her hands, the aura beneath the dissipated leaving Cara with a half-hearted ghost of a grin. The bow she had received and the kind refusal of her cooking wasn't what had done it, however. It was the mention that her energy levels were indeed still low, and the offer to assist her. She couldn't very well do anything, could she? Sighing softly, she accepted the knife with a small smile.

"Thank you. I am almost done already, but I appreciate the offer to help." Cara spoke, though her thoughts went to how the other's face had seemed to contort. He didn't seem able to express very much, but what had been done was enough for her to pick up the hint of concern. It was kind, but it rather embarrassed her that a stranger could address her about this. She cut only a couple of pieces more before arranging the meat between the slices of bread as simple sandwiches. Cara didn't really feel up to making anything more complicated, and this way they borrowed only minimal ingredients from their hosts. She poured two glasses of water before considering the offer from Hecate. After taking up her own plate and glass, she considered the offer instead of making two trips. Hesitantly, she asked, "Mind helping me carry these?"

She'd carry what she had to the table before calling to Kiernan, "Food's ready, come on." Kiernan stood and walked over to join her in lunch.