Jack MacGaven
Vampire of Menewsha

Old 09-22-2008, 06:18 AM

-chuckles-
It's nice to see that you put up a contest for this.

I am not going to participate, simply because I am horrible with the clues you gave us.

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-22-2008, 06:22 AM

*Jack, we are almost clothing twins!
I'm glad my little contest amuses, even if you don't fancy participating :)

Last edited by Mr. Mayor; 09-22-2008 at 06:35 AM..

Neyor
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-22-2008, 06:23 AM

You should guess anyway, Jack! Random guesses probably work too, and who knows, you might get it right. <3

-hugs Mr. Mayor- :heart: Sorry for the fail guesses so far. xD -feels like she is spamming-

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-22-2008, 06:34 AM

*laughs*

That's ok Neyor my dear. I'm used to getting lots of mail every day. All in a day's work for me :)

Can I interest anyone in a slice of birthday cake? As well as cooking me a huge lunch, my mother also baked me an emormous cake!

Jack MacGaven
Vampire of Menewsha

Old 09-22-2008, 06:36 AM

Yes we are! I did a little picture editing for that reason. http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103159
Oh cake sounds nice! -smiles sweetly-

@ Neyor I'm horrible at it, seriously! Especially since English isn't my first tongue.

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-22-2008, 06:44 AM

Oh my, I have red hair!! That's quite startling actually *laughs*

Well if anyone wants some cake, please help yourselves..*puts out some plates*

It's not your normal "birthday" cake; frosting, candles, all that milarkey. It's a spiced apple cake, made with fruit from my parent's trees and honey from their bees, too ^^ With a streuselly, brown sugar and spice topping.

But it's so good, and to be frank, I WILL just sit here and eat it until I explode, and it's roughly the size of a manhole cover. So do assist me, please..

Jack MacGaven
Vampire of Menewsha

Old 09-22-2008, 06:47 AM

Yes it is -laughs softly-

-cuts off a few slices and takes the smallest one-
It sure seems nice. The smell is just hypnotizing.
-takes a bite and falls silent-

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-22-2008, 07:10 AM

Oh dear..

*peers worriedly at cake*

Jack MacGaven
Vampire of Menewsha

Old 09-22-2008, 07:12 AM

-slowly curls his lips into a smile-
IT"S DELICIOUS!

It's like a piece of heaven!
You really need to give the recipe!

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-22-2008, 07:21 AM

Jack, if you wish to go and try and wrestle the recipe from my mother, feel free!

She won't share it with a soul!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-22-2008, 07:25 AM

Did someone mention cake? I'll help Mr. Mayor, can't have you getting fat and corpulent on us!

Jack MacGaven
Vampire of Menewsha

Old 09-22-2008, 07:29 AM

I sure will!
Maybe she is willing to exchange it for one of my recipes.

musasgal
The ever changing Fairy of Mene ...
Penpal

Old 09-22-2008, 07:31 AM

Cake?
*looks at plate and takes a slice. Eats it*
This is really quite nice. Can I please have another peice Mr. Mayor?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-22-2008, 07:32 AM

You're going to wrestle Mr. Mayor's Mum!? that could be interesting, she may be 73, but I hear she has a mean right hook :lol:

Seriously though, this cake is to die for *munches*

musasgal
Penpal

Old 09-22-2008, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
You're going to wrestle Mr. Mayor's Mum!? that could be interesting, she may be 73, but I hear she has a mean right hook :lol:
Now that couuld be intresting

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-22-2008, 07:37 AM

*watched cake disappearing with mixed feelings*

musasgal, help yourself! Ignore the fact that I'm selfishly considering spiriting the rest away and hiding it :lol:

My mother, actually wrestling?! That's an entertaining thought, but you're correct about that right hook, Miss Jelly, when I was a nipper, some older and much bigger boy was being extremely mean to me. My mother boxed his ears soundly for him, and sent him off down the road howling his head off, he topped her by a good few inches too..

Jack MacGaven
Vampire of Menewsha

Old 09-22-2008, 07:38 AM

-chuckles-

I would never hurt a lady.

musasgal
Penpal

Old 09-22-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mayor View Post

musasgal, help yourself! Ignore the fact that I'm selfishly considering spiriting the rest away and hiding it :lol:
THANK YOU!!!!!

*grabs another slice*
maybe I might need that recipie too but I don't have a recipie to exchange though

EDIT: Something off topic for a sec. In my country, this is the last week of Term 3! Yay! Two weeks of complete boredness. More time to hang out here

Last edited by musasgal; 09-22-2008 at 07:53 AM..

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 AM

She is adamant about not sharing the recipe, I have to say. One of those strange female things..
But my Dad and myself have been eating it for years(though she would shoo us both out of the kitchen while she prepared it!)so we have a pretty good idea of what goes into it.

I have tried to make it myself, and I can get fairly close, but I can't get the spice combination right.

It's extremely good warmed slightly with cream poured over it..NO, I'm not eating any more today!

Whilst coming home on the train earlier on today, I honestly felt like a little kid after a party, who had stuffed themselves completely with cake and ice cream and all those other foods that the little ones love to eat at parties. I'm glad that the train terminated here in town, because I fell asleep and I've have ended up back at my parent's if it had been the full coastal service that I was on, then she'd have insisted that I stayed over-night and she'd have fed me again!

I'm rambling now you see, too much sugar!

Last edited by Mr. Mayor; 09-22-2008 at 08:13 AM..

musasgal
Penpal

Old 09-22-2008, 07:59 AM

it's ok Mr Mayor, ramble all you like since it's your birthday.

Jack MacGaven
Vampire of Menewsha

Old 09-22-2008, 07:59 AM

-laughs-
That's the main reason I never go by train. I also tend to fall asleep and then miss my station.
I always have my horse and cart when ever I go somewhere far away.

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-22-2008, 08:16 AM

I enjoy travelling on the train, though some people do try to engage me in political debate sometimes, which can spoil my journey a bit. I like to use travelling as mental downtime and just switch off for a while.

Jack MacGaven
Vampire of Menewsha

Old 09-22-2008, 08:19 AM

I see.
The train can be much faster. But I like to do things the old fashioned way. Especially since I'm 622 at the moment. I tend to stick in the past.

Angel Naomi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 AM

LOL Wow, no one has guessed a correct name yet D: I must think hard for this one :ninja:

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 09-22-2008, 08:32 AM

Well, I can see that you would want to, Jack!

Our trains aren't hugely fast, seeing as we're a little technologically backward compared to how things are away over on the mainland, but we're fine with that. Life goes on, everything gets done. We don't need 200 miles an hour transportation, we'd be on the other side of the island because we'd got comfortable in our seats!

We have wonderful steam locomotives which run on some kind of mystery fuel. I do delicately probe for information from the old railway engineers, but they won't give anything away. Just wise nods and firmly closed mouths, I believe it's something magical that powers the trains, as they give off steam instead of smoke, and you can't burn water..

I have a pony and trap! It's how most people tend to get around here :)