dark_tenshi17
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-22-2009, 02:05 AM

The Punisher: War Zone.

Very, very gory. It was a lot better than the first one though and despite all the blood and guts and killing. I actually enjoyed it.

I'd give it a 6.5/10

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 03-22-2009, 04:02 PM

The Secret Life of Bees

Amazing! Probably one of the best movies I have seen this year so far. It was moving and touching and it did not bore me one bit! Everything was really perfect. The choice of actresses was already really good. They put so many pow wow names into a single movie and really the result is good! I loved how the story moved and how it was a very different movie. It reached out to me because of the different races mingling and understanding each other. It shows how American progressed after slavery was abolished through the eyes of a 14 year old country girl. Her story is really compelling and it inspires me a lot because through that 1 and a half hours, I managed to grasp so much from it. There was so much sadness and little happiness actually but the ending itself was great. It made me realize and learn a lot. The simplicity of how the managed to portray such a twisted story is beautiful! Lilly was such an innocent girl at first and the conflicts she faced made her into a very strong independent young woman and Dakota Fanning, how can anyone play that character better than her? She was really fit for that role and the other African American characters were brilliant as well. I especially loved May Boatwright's character because she was such a unique character and even though she sadly passed on, I thought her character was the most moving out of them all. And really, her acting was very convincing! The setting of the place was very pretty too. It made me travel to where they were as if I was there. I cried a lot throughout this movie because it touched me so much thinking about the people who loved me and how much I should really cherish them. Its a very educational movie and definitely one to watch with the family to strengthen family ties. Though there are some parts with minor cursing but I highly recommend it!

Rating: A perfect 10/10!

Nichi
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Nichi Send a message via MSN to Nichi Send a message via Yahoo to Nichi

Old 03-24-2009, 01:52 AM

I just saw Knowing and it was alright. At first it was like "wow this movie is pretty awesome" until it got to the part with aliens. Seriously.. why does every disaster movie end with aliens? Ugh. :gonk: I'd give it a 7/10. It kept me on the edge of my seat most of the movie, but the end was a disappointment. It would've been a 10/10 if it didn't have aliens. -_-

Shoden Misuwata
The Man of Shadows

Old 03-26-2009, 04:28 AM

I saw Valkyrie last winter, and honestly, I loved it, at least a 9/10 for me. The story was really interesting, despite that fact that you pretty much know how it all ends up.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 03-28-2009, 11:09 PM

The Thing Called Love

5/5

It's one of my favorites. It stars River Phoenix, Samantha Mathis, Dermot Mulroney, and Sandra Bullock. I like that it's about songwriters and centered around country music and features some country singers. Plus, I love the music in the film.

.Pink Pixie.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:23 AM

Twilight

0/10

it could have been a good movie if they had got a different director,and if that ugly girl who plays bella wasn't in it

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 04-02-2009, 05:14 PM

It Takes Two

4/5

It was pretty good. It's an older movie, and I enjoy watching it from time to time. It's amusing and a nice love story.

Twethereal
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-02-2009, 07:32 PM

I just saw Knowing in the theaters on Saturday. It's one of those movies where you watch the first half thinking that it's a horror movie, but get to the end not feeling like it is one after all.

I'd give it a 5/5. It scared the heck out of me for most of it, but I thought it was amazingly good. The ending just blew me away.

The special effects were mind-boggling. All I can say is: subway. If you don't see anything else in the movie, at least watch the subway scene. I've never seen anything more realistic in a movie in my life. I was waiting for my brother to reach over and physically close my mouth. He didn't, probably because I would have had to do the same to him. ^_^

Bottom line: I highly recommend it. Unless you are someone who has nightmares easily. It might not be your cup of tea.

Oracle12
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-05-2009, 07:17 AM

The last movie I saw was well, I'm going to rate 2.

1 - Milk - 5/5. It was amazing, but so sad. Harvey Milk was a true hero.

2 - Boogie Nights - 3/5. It's a pretty good movie. I think it's really well written and surprisingly well acted.

AngelaAshford06
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-05-2009, 11:27 AM

Monsters vs. Aliens

4/5

This movie really surprised me. I don't think it's one of the greatest, but it is one of the better 3d movies out there. I would highly recommend it if you're wanting to see a good comedy. ;)

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 04-05-2009, 12:56 PM

Whoa! Its been ages since I last logged on to Menewsha! >.<"

Harry Potter 2: The Chamber of Secrets

Well, I just had the urge to watch this because its the only one out of the 5 movies released that we didn't own on DVD so I just downloaded it. I really forgot almost everything in the storyline so watching it was kind of refreshing. It shocked me to hear their young voices again because they really sounded cute and also to see the old actor who played Dumbledore before that. He is really different from the current one. I think this movie was actually pretty good and one of the closer ones compared to the book because I remember being seriously disappointed with the 3rd movie because the third one was my favourite book. I loved how they portrayed Moaning Myrtle. I think the actress they chose to portray her did an excellent job. She was so annoying, you could really hate her and yet she was so entertaining that you just needed to watch more of her XD I think she was really the best part of the whole movie because she lit up everything. The flying car part was also done really well because the car was a great personality in the movie. You could tell what it was feeling even though it didn't talk. Its actions were done really well too and the spiders! Yeah! I mean we watch these fantasy movies to see all these out of the ordinary things so I loved the giant spiders as well... Though I have to say the Basilisk and Fawkes the phoenix were kind of poorly executed. They are really supposed to look so much better than that. The animatronics were very poor :( I imagines Fakes to be a more majestic creature and they came up with a burning chicken >.<" But really, those are the only poor things that I can find about the movie. I enjoyed it a lot actually :)

Rating: 8/10

taytaylalala
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to taytaylalala Send a message via MSN to taytaylalala Send a message via Yahoo to taytaylalala

Old 04-06-2009, 02:26 PM

I saw Haunting in Connecticut Saturday night and then Sunday afternoon I rented Seven Pounds. I give both of them a 5/5. They were fantastic. Especially Seven Pounds because I didn't really know what it was about but I reccomend definately. :]

dancingintherain

Old 04-06-2009, 06:55 PM

I saw The Goonies the other night with my family. Worst movie I've ever seen. I absolutely HATED it!
Not only was the plot line really boring and predictable, but the characters were terrible.
I really just hated everything about it.
Well.. besides the fact that one of the guys was really hot and one of the girls looked like Emma Watson... :)

EDIT: Silly me.. I forgot to rate it!
I give The Goonies a 1/5.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-07-2009, 04:05 AM

Material Girls

4/5

It was much better than I had anticipated. It was able to distract me from the internet and the book I'm reading, which isn't that easy to do. It had its funny parts. It was kind of predictable, though.

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-07-2009, 06:38 AM

Push, saw it last night. I'd give it a 4/5, it was pretty good, new twists on the mutants theme.

Cheya
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2009, 06:01 PM

Last night I saw "The Fall". It was freaking amazing and well-done--if you like head trips, angst and friendships between a depressed man contemplating suicide and a little girl. 9/10 because sometimes I had a hard time following it.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-07-2009, 07:14 PM

Never Back Down

5/5

It was great. I loved it. If you're not into fighting/MMA/that sort of thing, I'm not sure you'll like it. But if you do like that sort of thing, it's really good. There's also drama and a little romance thrown in. Some parts were cringe-worthy, but that's to be expected in this type of movie.

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 04-09-2009, 05:32 PM

Fuu! I watch way too many movies nowadays! :)

Material Girls

I really like Hillary Duff. I mean, she's really the fresh faced all American girl and she looks very pretty and all but this movie was really bad! Also, I may like Hillary but for some reason, I find it hard to actually watch Haylie O.O I really couldn't stand her. Maybe it was her character and how it was so flaky and and self absorbed. I don't know but she was so good at being that rich girl that it was too convincing since she's not an actress by profession to begin with. The story is just way too easy. Everything seemed to go wrong way too fast and it screamed 'Tween!' because it reminded me so much of those Olsen Twins movies where they end up in a foreign country and always get two good looking guys in the end. This was actually pretty similar. The script was really bad because some of the things they said actually came out sounding very lame and unrealistic. And for 2 very pretty leading ladies, I kind of expected 2 better looking guys to play opposite of them ^^" I mean Lucas Haas is a very good looking guy and he was really a cute boy in Mars Attack but in this movie, he just looked too scruffy and shabby. One thing I really liked about the movie though was the music. The music was pop and upbeat and the opening song got stuck in my head and it still is stuck in my head at the moment. The music in the background was also done very well so I feel it kind of saved a little of the movie for me. Apart from that, its definitely quite a big waste of time >.<"

Rating: 3/10

iFoot
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-10-2009, 03:43 AM

The movie I watched most recentley was Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D.
I thought that the animation was amazing, and it looked even better in 3D than it would in normal.
The story line was sort of bland, but overall I thought it was pretty good.
I would rate it a 7.5/10.

Livia
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-10-2009, 04:23 PM

Yesterday with my boyfriend; "The War for Fire" or " The quest for fire".
I think is that name, I'm not sure at the moment but all I know is quite interesting and easy to see the different from the evolution of one human to another. And on some tribes difficult to know who is the woman or the man xD
It was like an epic vision of the evolution. Very simple and easy to understand and you don't have to bother to complain that they talk to much and do nothing... They just go all UH UH OH JAKANAKA and that's it. The rest is action actionand action to see how they lived. xD
And it has some funny parts.

KamenRiderNadeshiko
Henshin Heroine

Old 04-11-2009, 01:24 AM

The last movie I saw in theaters: Get Smart.

Last movie I watched: Star Wars- Episode IV: A New Hope.

Next Movie I plan to see in theaters: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
(I know it doesn't come out 'till this summer, but I plan to see it anyway.)

Next Movie I plan to watch: Star Wars- Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.
(I just got the trilogy box set.)

luna ma iktori

Old 04-11-2009, 09:56 PM

The last movie...one that I haven't seen before was feast III I would give it a 5/10 I think only the first and second were good. Has anyone else seen it?

Otra
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-12-2009, 05:08 PM

Last movie I saw was Last House on the left (in theatres).

I liked it well enough once it got to about the half-way point. But up until then, those people were so cruel, and the rape scene, just made me angry and uncomfortable.

However, when everything gets turned around, and they get their just desserts, well, I was definitely for that.

Overall, I'd give it an 8.

Oh, thought it was worth mentioning: apparently the original's rape scene is even more brutal, I've heard this one described as doing what it's supposed to do, which is make you slightly upset for the character and uncomfortable. Apparently the original just made you want to leave the room. O_O

*edit*

WHAT? There is a Feast 3? It must be a rare release up here. I saw the first one, which was AWESOME, and the second one was trying to hard to be avant garde. I'd be iffy on how 3 was. However, being the sucker I am for horror movies, I'd totally watch it to see if it sucked as much as the second one.

Last edited by Otra; 04-12-2009 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: wanted to respond to someone above me.

Exrael
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 06:36 PM

I saw Slumdog Millionaire recently, and it was quite good!! There were several parts where both my dad and I had to wince and cover our ears, but overall it was a very nice movie. The ending was kind of stretched, but it was redeemed by the magic phone call. x3

I would give it a 9/10, as it was excellent!

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-13-2009, 08:01 PM

Crazy in Alabama

4/5

It's an all right movie. I've seen it before, a long time ago. I love Lucas Black's voice. One thing about the movie... Most of it is kind of fitting. It's set when there was still segregation in Alabama, and there's that whole dynamic. But then, the woman carries a head around in a hat box. Now, how does that not smell? I don't get it. Things like that make it lose a point for me.