Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-02-2013, 10:13 AM

Ikori enjoyed the attention this man was giving him. He leaned his head into those hands that rubbed his ears and he gave a soft bark, as if to answer the man's words. Of course Ikori's other friends were friendly. Well..That one guy was kindof grumpy..but still. Everyone else was alright. When his new friend stood, Ikori very nearly pouted, he moved back a couple of steps and shook his whole body. From tail tip to nose, making his fur poof out some.

The man was asking him if he wanted another treat and Ikori shook his head, then his form changed. Where the dog had stood, now stood, for all appearances a human male. Bright smile on his lips, but that smile didn't reach his eyes. He was shirt less, that shirt having been discarded somewhere on the porch. Ikori didn't hesitate, he reached out to take one of the man's hands into both of his own. "My name's Ikori, I'm the bartender." He turned to look towards the others. "Master Mahira owns the Inn, and Hikari is the cook." He had moved one of his hands, to point at the people he named. "The brother and sister are guests..I think..Master Mahira is trying to hire the girl as something..I'm not sure." For a moment he looked slightly puzzled but it passed quickly enough.

"Thank you for the treat!" For all his enthusiasm there seemed to be a hint of apprehension. Some people didn't react nicely when Ikori suddenly changed forms. He didn't think this person would be mean though. "They're all really nice..well..that girl's brother is a bit rude and angry..but you can just ignore him." He gave the stranger's hand a gentle tug, but he wouldn't force the man to move if he didn't want to. "Just be yourself."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 09-03-2013, 03:22 AM

Hikari was slightly surprised when Ikori ran towards a cloaked stranger in the distance. Clearly the dog didn't sense anything wrong with the person. She watched with a small smile on her face as the stranger patted Ikori and gave him a treat. Then Ikori changed into his human form, and they seemed to be talking. Ikori was gesturing towards them, making introductions, perhaps? It looked like he wanted to bring the man- she could see now that it was a man- over towards them. Hikari turned back to the male she had been talking to, still waiting for an answer to her proposal. Shy though she may be, she wasn't a doormat and she wouldn't wait forever.

((PapillonCameo: Where you been?))

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-03-2013, 03:34 AM

Arius glanced Hikari's way, ignoring Ikori's actions and putting aside his sister for the moment. They were right ... she was a grown woman. It still wasn't easy having to face that fact, when all he wanted to do was protect her and keep her from anything which could bring her harm.

"I suppose we could give it a try, but I hope you don't expect me to go easy on you." Quite frankly Hikari didn't seem like much of a fighter to him. Even so it was best to give her a chance, in case Kalli did decide to live at the Inn with these people. For her sake he could try to get along with them, and his promise.

Kalli pouted slightly when the dog ran away, though she recovered quickly enough. She grabbed her brother's red ball and tucked it away in her own pouch as she turned to watch the newcomer and Ikori.

The man, she thought it was a man, seemed nice enough. He had certainly reacted well to the dog's presence, though now ... Shaking her head, she turned to Mahira. "I will take the job. Later on today I'll want to go through everything to take an inventory of what we have in the Inn." There was also the matter of rooms but that was self evident enough, she didn't mention it.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 09-03-2013, 06:30 AM

Hikari, emboldened by the man's accepting of her offer, placed her hands on her hips. "Sir, I would be insulted if you tried." She replied with more confidence then she had shown before. "I know I don't look it, but I am a top class fighter. If you don't believe me, I'll just have to show you." She said with a smile. Clearly she was eager to test out her skills once again.

Sweet~Insanity
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-03-2013, 07:48 AM

The shift from dog to human form caught Bez off guard, the smile on his face had quickly disappeared as he now eyed the shirtless man seeming to have to process what just happened. He flinched as his hand had been cupped in both hands of Ikori's, it hadn't been because he wasn't uncomfortable because of the sudden change, yet he try hold back the action as much as he could as his green eyes looked to the others Ikori spoke of trying his best at retrieving a smile and only managing the slightest of ones.

It was odd to him to hear the thank you when Bez had given the treat to a dog, but he smiled the more seem7ng to notice as he looked onto Ikori he could only feel that deep impression of a dog. Did he get that idea wrong, has the sun got to him? The slight tug brought him back, a sharpness wrung up Bez's arm causing him to wince and yanked his hand free of Ikori's. He had no intentions of being rude, but he probably just ended up appearing so by just trying to hide that slightest of pains accidently caused by the little action from Ikori. With his hand now free Bez rested it against his abdomen, holding his cloak tighter against himself as he'd given a bow "My names Besnick--"and returned to his slouched posture before making a move forward with Ikori. "I was travelling with someone but lost them along the way...he usually takes off, or gets lost when he hasnt had proper rest..."His eyes slipped across each person that had been spoken of, placing names with faces as well trying to read them.

Just be himself?..

His brow furrowed, his attitude seemed to have changed as well. For the moment he was forcing himself to try and not be rude which he really wasn't trying to be. He was feeling rather awkward making him want to hide but Kio always reminded him he couldn't hide forever. "The Inn is practically in the middle of nowhere..how does he always manage to find shelter...."he muttered out to himself.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-03-2013, 05:31 PM

Ikori hadn't seemed to notice any uncomfortableness Besnick might be experiencing from the sudden change, and the sudden physical contact. He did notice when the other jerked his hand away, and for a moment Ikori's brow furrowed in puzzlement. Was he being bad, by trying to lead the man to the others? No, Ikori decided it must have been something else. He watched the other for a few moments, then smiled at him. That smile that didn't touch his eyes. "There's a man inside the Inn. Maybe its the person you lost?" He offered helpfully.

Ikori did pick up on Besnick's uncomfortableness though. Ikori was a dog, and a good dog usually picked up on things like that. Sometimes Ikori just ignored that kindof thing, but not this time. "Everyone will be nice to you, and I'm here, so nothing bad will happen at all. I'm a good dog, I can even be a guard dog if you like." Ikori was being serious, though his tone might suggest he was just being playful. It didn't take him long to lead his new friend to where the others were gathered on the porch.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 09-05-2013, 08:06 PM

"It's yours then. Now we just need a maid and we'll be set but I can do that for now. I don't mind being domesticated for a bit." She joked quietly. She gave the other woman a soft smile then, her silver eyes briefly on the angry male. He was interesting, she'd give him that. She'd let his sister propose the idea of zombie smashing to her brother, not sure he'd think much of it coming from her. He didn't seem to think much of her... or anyone really. She shrugged a little at the idea and turned to watch the new man approaching with Ikori. The dog seemed to be encouraging him, sweet as always.

"Hello there, You need a room?" She greeted the man lightly. She wasn't use to being an owner of an inn but it seemed as good a way to offer a room as any. She wasn't sure what to think of his stance, it seemed more likely injury then anything else. She didnt' say anything of it, however, her eyes on his. That was one thing about mahira, she always seemed to look you right in the eye when she spoke to you, no matter what secrets she kept.

Sweet~Insanity
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-06-2013, 07:12 AM

He could have almost been ecstatic except kept himself calmed and cool. He wouldn't doubt the male that Ikori spoke of is Kio, he just had a feeling. Growing up with the demon he had that slight connection. His steps felt lighter as he walked, coming up to the small group on the porch his eyes quickly looked to Ikori as he mentioned being a guard dog. quickly he dropped his chin to hide that smile of his, giving the lightest of chuckles, a sense of happiness yet strange to him. Very rarely had he come across kindness. "Thank you Ikori... But I think I am very capable enough.."he spoken softly before coming up to the group.

"Hello...Yes, a room-two beds..."He sputtered out taking his gaze from hers quickly and pulling the bag from over his shoulder and dropping it carefully affront of himself and begun rummaging through the cluttered items. After what seemed quite a moment he finally stood holding out the items folded in the clutch of his hand towards Mahira. Allowing his eyes to stay strong as he looked onto her then to his hand. Quickly he pulled the hood off of his head, of course thinking it rude to have kept it on as he had. Once removed it revealed the leathery skin covering the left side of his face, a scar from long ago from boiling liquids. "A few days... Maybe longer if my Elder wishes to stay the more..."He probably handed her more then needed for the room, though the extra funds seemed to help when they happened upon some trouble.

"Thank you for your hospitality...My Elder much appreciates it..."He paused, taking a moment, hesitant if he should speak the more. "He deals in trades, his specialty is usually elixirs, medicines...all to the sorts...He likes to make trades..."To him the idea of Kio favoring a trade then using any currency had been very strange, he didn't bother asking about it nor did he fret over the idea, Besnick just tried his way of helping the demon by just spreading the word. He bowed his head slightly. "Sorry for the random spout my Elder would have preferred making a trade for the shelter with our expertize, him with his elixirs and mine with my hunting skills, rather then having me simply hand over currency... "He had a slight mischievousness to his self as he'd spoken just then. Of course thinking over just that since he done what Kio disliked him doing, paying over trading. He did make sure to mention though. " My names Besnick" he added leaning forward carefully as he picked up his bag and slung it over his shoulder once more.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 09-09-2013, 12:36 AM

Mahira watched the male absently and listened to his explanation. She had started to return the extra money when he continued and she sensed the amusement in his tone. Clearly he expected trouble... now normally she wouldn't mind but the inn may need repairs. She nodded and handed the money to Kalli then, figuring she may as well start today. She smiled faintly and then waved towards the other man as he spoke of his companion who she assumed was the other demon she had sensed. His elder huh? That was an unexpected title from a human seeming male for a demon....

"I'll show the way and to a room then." She said cheerfully as she walked towards the building with her hands in her pockets. She was indeed curious about him but figured he may need the rest. She also wanted to be there in case he needed help with the stairs. That did indeed bring up an issue... perhaps she should find a way for people who didn't have help to get up and down the stairs... All the downstairs rooms were communal areas. She could probably jury rig a basket and wind spell type system... hmm... yes that would make sense. She nodded to herself as she inwardly began to calculate how the spell would work and which wind spirit to channel to enchant it.