Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-23-2012, 12:36 AM

The sea, a place of pirates and battles and mermaids and sea monsters. Come and join that magically world. Find love or war; become legend or a thing of legends. The choice is yours.

---------- Post added 09-22-2012 at 07:37 PM ----------

OCC Mystical Seas

Want to join? Go here to add your character.

Last edited by Silver Storm; 09-23-2012 at 12:44 AM..

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 09-23-2012, 01:18 AM

Sassy strolled across the deck towards the stairs. Climbing up to the balcony, she turned and looked across her ship, the Black Falcon. A smaller ship compared to the galleons of the different nations, it was built for speed. Purposefully painted black, it blended in with the dark storms waves. The black also absorbed heat, making the hold a torturous place for prisoners. Something she made use of from time to time. She preferred other methods such as being tied by the thumbs to the mast to hang in pain while being sunburned. The breeze pushed against her small frame, lifting her long curly born hair and green cap feather. She relished the feeling only a moment, before heading to the back of the balcony.

Sitting there, swinging gently in her suspended basket chair, was Aqua. Navigator for the ship, she gently guided the craft with her own abilities. Something that would be tiring after awhile if Aqua didn't have strong stamina. Sassy went to stand beside the water sprite. Aqua tilted her head slightly to gently ask, "Captain?" Her ability to be in tune with another's emotions as well as how to react to them still amazing Sassy.

Sassy responded, "Did you look at the maps I provided?" She wanted to investigate for herself the rumor of a treasure. A treasure with power. So much power that it was broken into three parts. The easiest way to do that was to use the clues she had picked up through listening in pubs, talking with literature enthusiasts, and using geographical clues to match up with maps. The best that she understood was that the island she had pointed out to Aqua earlier might be one of those locations. It wasn't along any of the main trading routes. The only thing going for it was that it did have a small community of simple peasant folk.

The other clues were not of any help to her. Besides this one, the other two were for places she knew had long been destroyed. So the pieces were most likely either unreachable or in the hands of another. She didn't care to chase after shadows until she knew what it was that she was looking for. An actual description of these pieces that could be used to ask questions. That meant reaching the one island that might hold a piece of this mysterious treasure.

Aqua watched her contemplating before gently suggesting, "Yes, and I have adjusted course accordingly. Captain, it is almost noon. Perhaps a break would do you some good? Go on below and get a bite to eat." Aqua's calm demeanor as well as the influential blue color of her hair and dress had the desired affect. Sassy nodded and in a more relaxed gait, walked back towards the stairs.

Seeing her second in command, Sassy motioned her over. "Destiny, I am going below. The deck is yours." Destiny simply nodded and stepped lightly from the ropes she had been on. Her perpetual look of anger a mere mask for the fear that boiled inside of her, she commanded the respect of the crew with her presence. Sassy had no doubt that the tall brunette would alert her if she was needed. Sassy went to the hatch, lifted it, and descended below.

Last edited by maidenroseheart; 09-23-2012 at 01:21 AM..

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-24-2012, 05:36 PM

Amarantha rolled through the water, dodging and ducking with the playful dolphins. She loved animals and could better understand them then humans, especially the males. She couldn't tell you why human men scared and yet drew her. She had long been shunned by the other merfolk and preferred to keep company with the sea animals, especially the beloved sea stallion Sea Storm, who swam nearby.

"Catch him!" Draven ducked down an alley, his feet skidding on the cobble stones. He ran, winding his way through the wharf, jumping over coils of rope and around crates and barrels. He grinned down at the emerald and gold ring and the ruby and diamond necklace clutched in his hand. It had been easy to slip them off the hand and neck of their owners.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 PM

Father Blake slowly stepped out of his monastery. The cool breeze and bright sunshine brought an immediate smile to his face. Enjoying it for a long moment, he started to walk at a gentle pace down the path. Heading downhill, he slowly entered the meadow. The woods beyond it hid the town from his sight, however he knew his people were still near. Pausing to enjoy some of the bountiful flowers growing there, he relished the joy of living. Then stepping out of his reverie, he continued on his way. The other side of the meadow had the tropical foliage that covered most of the island. He stepped into them, and withing a minute was stepping out again on the other side. Sprawling before him was the humble village he tended. The smells of the bakery, sounds of a school, and sights of fishermen cleaning their nets met him in a familiar rush. He grinned his slow smile, his blue hair moving in the slightly stronger sea breeze. With the joy of the teenager he was, he headed into town to tend his flock.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-24-2012, 11:41 PM

Draven saw the little boat bobbing at its rope and dove in, pulling the tarp over himself. He peered out from a crack between the edge of the tarp and the boat. His pursuers skidded to a stop looking around for him. "Maybe he went that way," one suggested pointing up a street. The others nodded and they all hurried up the street. Draven relaxed and rolled onto his back with a laugh. He would hang out here for a bit, to make sure that they didn't come back. He opened his fist and gazed at the ring and necklace. It wasn't so much about what he stole and wanting it as it was about the challenge. But hey, a guy had to eat somehow.

Amarantha broke the surface of the water and looked around. She saw a ship in the distance and curiosity reared its head. She wondered who might be on the ship and what their lives might be like. She swam closer dropping under water so as to not be spotted. The ship was still a mile or two away so that wasn't likely yet, but she didn't want to be spotted. One of the dolphins nudged her playfully but when she didn't respond it rejoined the pod.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-25-2012, 04:14 AM

BANG! BANG! BANG! Captain “Scarlett” Mealla woke from her drunken stupor and leapt from the bed into a combat stance. She immediately wished she hadn’t. Her head felt like it had been shot out of cannon – twice. Of course, since her memories of last night were a bit foggy, that could very well have happened. Another bang – no, this time it was a light knock – sounded at her cabin door followed by a voice. “Captain, may I enter?” It was her first mate, O’Dell. He would only wake her if it was something urgent. Stumbling slightly, she crossed to her chest and pulled out a flask of brown liquor. “Come in,” she croaked as she took a swig.

O’Dell entered the cabin, stopping to almost attention as he usually did when delivering a report of some sort. The man was anything if not formal. Standing tall with his broad shoulders, hair made silver from years of hardship, and hard grey eyes that made enemies cringe in fear, he was the man every woman dreamed of having at her side. His usually grim expression was even more so as he spoke. “I’m sorry to wake you but I felt this could not wait.

“Someone is after the N’veesh.”

Scarlett’s head shot up, her eyes immediately alert. “Do they know its location?” O’Dell shrugged. “My sources tell me that a woman was asking some locals about it, and then they saw a ship with a black hull heading north-northeast. That was two days ago.” He paused. “It could just be coincidence,” he said, not really believing it.

The crew had been promised at least a week’s stay at port, but there was no way around this. Sighing, she shook her head. “No, we need to make sure. Get everyone aboard, I don’t care in whose bed they lie. Then set a course for the island.” O’Dell snapped to attention, turning to leave Scarlett alone in the darkness.

She swore. Two days. If the fates were with her, they might have a chance. Not that it mattered. Even if this mystery woman found the first piece, it didn’t mean she would leave the island with it.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-25-2012, 01:17 PM

Sassy brought up sandwiches with her. Looking up at the ropes, she saw Destiny looking intently out at the ocean. She glanced at the open water and frowned. Nothing. Turning back to the swordswoman, she called, "Come on down and grab a bite to eat. I won't have my officers fainting on deck." Destiny smoothly dropped and landed beside the captain. Taking her two sandwiches, she saluted with her knife and headed across the deck towards some of the crew.

Glancing at the top of the balcony, she saw Aqua smiling at her. Stuffing the replying grin before it could form, she quickly reached and ascended the wooden stairs. Handing the sprite her tuna sandwiches, she stood with her arms crossed waiting for the beauty to say something. Aqua took a bite, smiled, and complimented her. "These are well made. If I didn't know better, I would say you made them instead of the cook." She shrugged in reply.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-25-2012, 02:36 PM

Amarantha surfaced again and looked around for the ship. She spied its black hull cutting through the water off to her right. Afraid someone would see her, she ducked back under the water. In those few seconds above the surface, she had taken stock of all crew on deck and was surprised to find them women. That wasn't a sight that she was used to, from her days spying on ships.

Draven finally threw off the tarp and climbed out of the little boat, the ring and necklace stored safely in his pocket for now. He would wait for awhile before selling them, maybe even stowaway and ride to another port first. He wandered along the wharf, unconsciously looking for a new challenge.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-25-2012, 11:39 PM

Destiny's sharp eyes caught it again. There was definitely something out in the water. Too small to be a sea monster but not of the right shape to be dolphins, whales or even a shark. She moved down the ropes with ease and approached several of the deck crew. "Our mission is important. I want an alert guard set up. One at each end of the ship and two at each railing in the middle. We've been through a lot together. Nothing is impossible." She received their assertive, if slightly confused, nods and watched them create a watch between them. They would rotate often enough so that they were alert when on duty. She reached for the ropes and quickly hauled herself up and towards the crow's nest.

Aqua watched Destiny reach the top and hop inside. The girl was on edge. Her feelings reached Aqua as plainly as a crashing wave. Standing, she walked to the balcony's railing. Since she rarely moved from her hammock except when she was swimming, her movement immediately caught Destiny's attention. Aqua sent her a questioning look. Destiny gave her a troubled and uncertain expression back, with a quick glance at the sea. Turning, Aqua looked at the waters. Water was her thing. She walked to the edge of the boat and leaned over, appearing to be looking. However she was really feeling. Her control of the water twirled and grasped anything it found, bringing it before her for inspection. Small fishes mostly. Then she felt the pull of something larger.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-26-2012, 01:45 AM

Amarantha noticed the glances out at sea and then she saw one walk to the railing. Fear ran threw her and she twisted in the water, swimming away rapidly. She dove deeper too, so she wouldn't be so visible from above. The fear began to abate once she had several miles between her and the ship. She stopped swimming and turned to look back at the ship, staying under water.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 09-26-2012, 03:13 AM

Seriena watched as life at the port was lively as always. Her body hiding behind a pirate ship that she had followed previously, and her eyes sparkled as she enjoyed the look of life. The mermaid hybrid swam softly over to the small spare boat to get a better understanding of it's making for her island. Being a creative being at heart, Seriena had an abandonded island that she was making more and more proper for people to live there... She had fruit trees and wild game, now all she needed was companions. Gasping as a male sprinted straight towards her location behind the small boat, she ducked beneath the surface and watched as the male his underneath the tarp. Tilting her head in curiosity underneath the water, the finned female swam slowly along the wharf, following the man, popping up her head now again. He was so interesting. Coral, her sea dragon, would be angry when she found out that the mermaid had yet again went to see the humans, but she just couldn't resist.

Lúthien of Dorthonion walked along the docks with a sparkle in her eye and a graceful bounce in her step. The young elven royal had finally run from her home forest, and most importantly, her father. The red haired, white clad female looked around at everything with intrest. Her sassy and sweet friend Shanniel, her magic per fox always had some kind of snappy words to say. Though this time they both agreed, Lúthien's father had become too harsh, and being beaten was not an act of love. The young girl was equivalent to 18 in human years, though in elven years it ment she was merely 100 years old. She didn't carry much, just a sack on her back with essentials, and her eyes on the road ahead. Stopping as she saw a beautiful boat docked, her bright eyes grew and Shanniel rubbed up against her legs. "That's one snazzy boat." the fox said and circled her elven companion. "Yes it is... I wonder if anyone will accept me as a shipmate?" Lúthien mused aloud.

Last edited by Seer Of the Future; 09-26-2012 at 03:51 AM..

maidenroseheart

Old 09-26-2012, 05:09 AM

Aqua frowned, but whatever that larger something was had to be at least half a mile below. It had slipped her grasp. She stepped back, looked up at Destiny. Catching her gaze, she nodded confirmation. Destiny nodded towards the captain. Aqua turned and walked over to Sassy, "Captain, I think a scouting mission might be a good idea right now." Sassy looked up from her reading surprised.

Looking at Aqua's concerned face, she glanced up at Destiny. Destiny looked down from the crow's nest intently. Alright. Turning back to Aqua, she agreed, "Do as you think best. Can you keep this ship going at a good rate?" She wanted to keep at a fast pace. Wind or no wind, this ship would get to that island sooner rather than later.

Aqua saw the wheels turning and calculations being made. Quickly reassuring her, she confidently said, "Nothing will stop the ship short of me dying. So you will be fine. I'll return in a few minutes." She turned and walked to the railing. Transforming into water, she joined the splashing waves in the wake left behind the ship. Coursing through the water, she slowly worked her way down. She didn't solidify herself until she was deep. Even though, only her face, hair and shoulders were created. Floating there, she looked at the backside of what appeared to be a mermaid. The mermaid had a curious, if not slightly nervous, emotional reaction coming off of her. Gently, she solidified an arm from one of her shoulders and reached out to softly brush the mermaid's shoulder.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 PM

ooc: I changed her pet/companion. Its now an orca.
Amarantha felt the touch on her shoulder and whirled full of fear. Panic coursed through her as she stared into the face of the person who had touched her. She let out a high keening cry, to high for the human ear to detect but one that Areaus would know.

A couple of miles away, the large male orca heard her cry. His girl was in trouble! The whale turned and swam quickly toward Amarantha, his body cutting through the water.

Draven snagged some provisions before wandering back down to the wharf. He casually glanced at the different ships, looking for a likely one. Then he saw a ship with the name Dark Storm painted on its hull. Sounded like an omen of adventure if there ever was one and no one was around at the moment. He looked around and then walked confidently up the gangplank and down into the hold. He found a good hiding place and settled in to wait.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-26-2012, 11:44 PM

Aqua let her arm return to water and floated there looking at the mermaid curiously. She had mouth open in a silent scream. She let a moment or two pass for the shock of seeing a floating head and shoulder to pass before saying anything. Then she gently asked, "What is your name little one?"

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-26-2012, 11:52 PM

"A..Amarantha," she stuttered nervously. Suddenly she felt the smooth skin of Areaus as he brushed around her, shooting a glare at the floating head and shoulders. She relaxed a bit at the brush of his skin and his presence.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-27-2012, 12:16 AM

Aqua looked calmly at the orca. His emotions were very protective, and now Amarantha's were calming down as well. She smiled to see that and in her gently voice, let her words flow over the two. "My name is Aqua. I am a water sprite. I see you are curious of the ship above." She let her presence surround the two of them.

Last edited by maidenroseheart; 09-27-2012 at 02:25 AM..

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 12:21 AM

Amarantha relaxed at Aqua's words; she was a water sprite, not human. She reached out a touched Areaus nose, reassuring him that everything was alright. The orca relaxed and floated next to her. Amarantha could help letting her eyes stray up to the dark shape of the hull of the ship.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2012, 12:52 AM

“Is everyone on board, Mr. O’Dell?” Scarlett stepped onto the poop deck where her first officer stood giving orders to the crew, who seemed to be moving slower than usual. “Almost, Captain. They are loading the last of the supplies for the voyage.” He walked to the rail. “Get moving! We weigh anchor in ten minutes, with or without ye! With a will!” Scarlett smiled to herself. Standing slightly behind her militaristic first mate, the crew gained spirit and sped up their work. Walking over to the side rail, she gazed out at the crowded dock and the other ships anchored.

Then something caught her eye near the gangplank. It was a red-haired girl with a fox at her feet, a curious sight to see in this kind of place. The fox opened its mouth and proceeded to speak to the young maiden. Understanding dawned: magic. That could be useful. The girl seemed to be on a journey of some sort. Perhaps Scarlett could convince her that life aboard the Dark Storm was the way to go. She headed down onto the deck, moving around her now bustling crew, and began descending the gangplank. “Eh, lassie! Can I help ye with somethin’?”

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 09-27-2012, 04:53 AM

Lúthien looked up at the Dark Storm, as she saw it's crew come to life. Her eyes shifting a blue of curiosity as she watched them work upon the deck of the ship, seemingly to get ready to leave port. Her fox at her feet rubbed against her legs and gave a small chuckle. "Shhh Shanniel! I'm watching this!" the young elven royal hissed softly, only to see her companion chuckle more. It was so facinating on how the men and woman abored the vessel moved to get everything ready. A figure emerged from the deck, and proceeded down onto the docks, her red hair wild, and her face that in which Lúthien could tell held wisdom. Hearing the woman call out, the elf realized she was being spoken too. "Oh, actually I was wondering if a ship needed another crew member... I have some special skills that can help with many things." she said smoothly and grinned. Tugging on her hood, she made sure her ears were concealed until she landed a job. If anyone realized her race, and her royal earring marking her, she would probably become the bounty, and not some treasure. "Do you happen to know if the Dark Storm is in need of anyone like me?"

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2012, 06:19 PM

Scarlett saw the young girl hide behind her hood, but sea-wise captain didn’t need to see the elves’ ears to know what she was. “I don’t need anyone per say, but I’m sure we can work something out,” she said sweetly. She motioned toward the top of the blank. “If you and your companion would like to come aboard, we could speak of your possible talents.” Scarlett had no intention of harming either of them, but their magic could be useful once they reached the island. Especially if that earring was what she thought it was, this royal elf would indeed be powerful.

A few minutes later, they were on their way. Scarlett stood at the bow of her vessel, smiling slightly with the confidence they would catch the other ship easily before it left the island. After all, the Dark Storm was the fastest on the sea – no one could match her or her crew. She turned to her new passenger standing next to her, the girl's eyes wide with fascination. “So, do ye have a name? Or do I make one up for ya?”

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 06:22 PM

The movement of the ship woke Draven down in the hull. He had made it undetected, now to settle back and stay low until they reached their destination. He settled back and soon dozed lightly.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 09-27-2012, 09:51 PM

Realizing that this woman was the captin, Lúthien smiled. "Very well Captin." she said respectfully and followed the woman towards the massive ship. Walking up the gangplank, she marvelled at the crew and the way they bustled and moved about the ship. Walking behind the captin, it was obvious that she and Shanniel were attracking a bit of attention, which was something understandable. Not many saw beautiful woman on ships, much less one's with a full grown fox, and the fox didn't smell like a fox either, she smelled sweet. Arriving to stand on the bow with the captin, the young elf turned to her. "I'm Lúthien." she said smoothly, making sure she didn't add from her home city like she usually would, she had to keep up her guard for now. Remembering that humans shook hands as a sign of meeting, unlike her people, she offered her hand out with a smile. "Oh and my friend is Shanniel." she added, so the fox wouldn't open up her mouth for now. When they were garenteed safety, then she could talk as much as she would desire.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-27-2012, 11:00 PM

Aqua softly followed the mermaid's gaze to the boat. She kept her expression gentle as she turned back to the girl. Manipulating the water currents, she had her head float in from of the mermaid and allowed some of her own hair to materialize in blue strands around them. "What is your interest in the ship above my dear?" She kept herself as kind as possible while still being firm.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 12:31 AM

"I have always been curious about humans," Amarantha said. "It was one of the reason that the merfolk shunned me."

maidenroseheart

Old 09-28-2012, 03:27 AM

Aqua considered it for a moment. Then thoughtfully asked, "Are you one of the races of merfolk that transforms into what appears to be a human form when on land?" She could, with the Captain's permission, allow the mermaid to visit. After all, Amarantha was only a mermaid.