maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 02-23-2013, 10:37 AM

Watching the trio enter center stage of the local gossip mill, Captain Jack raised an eyebrow. They were obviously not sticking around for the morning meal. Seeing the other captain's uncomfortable glances at some of the ramble that were attempting a subtle escape, he suppressed a chuckle. Instead, he simply leaned back in his chair and drawled out slowly, "Morning Captain." He looked her over openly with eyes of approval. "It seems you are doing better than when we found you last night. But it appears you are forgetting a member of your crew. The reason we went beach surfing in the first place." He raised an eyebrow at her at his reminder of her elven friend.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 02-27-2013, 05:36 AM

Lúthien had accepted her Carlton's order and stood to leave as well, but then remembered to take care of a few things first. Gathering her weapons and successfully attaching them to her body again, the princess pulled her firey mane from the ribbons holding it. It fell in waves of fire and she then pulled a comb through it. The long hair went past her rear, and as she looked in the wash room mirror, she was filled with longing. Remembering her mother's long hair, the warrior never cut her hair. It was another way to keep her mother's memory alive. Shanniel watched silently and then cleared her throat. "Honey, how about you put it up after returning to the ship? We don't want to get left behind." The fox said lightly pulling the young elf from her memories. "You're right, lets hurry down." She said after leaving a few gold coins on the bed for the room keeper, the female gracefully hurried down the stairs while pulling on her white and gold cape that covered her body. Remembering her educate, the princess walked over to the inn keeper and thanked him for his room and declined politely at staying any longer. Getting refunded, the elf moved to walk towards the sound of familiar voices. Stepping through the door help open by a server, she thanked the star struck male and moved towards the Captin that had been so kind to her the night before. A soft smile on her lips, the golden eyed female approached the male with a smile. "Good morning Captin, thank you again for your kindness last night." She said and bowed her head and set down the sack of coins. "We will not require any more nights here, but thank you for covering for us. As well as finding my captain and crew mate." The princess added before pulling a small trinket from her pouch on her belt. It was a simple golden thread bracelet woven with red and orange. "This is my gift of gratitude, it offers light protection from simple magics." She explained lightly. "All you have to do is wear it. I figured it would make Jeff's job more easy." Lúthien explained and smiled at the guard she had recently met. "Good morning Jeff, thank you again for your help as well." The woman said and stepped closer to the table. She set another small gift upon the table, this one was a bit more suited for the job driven man. It was a weapon she was fond of, but she didn't need two. It was a chained dagger, but the chain was so thin it wouldn't be seen when flying through the air. "I believe this will help you protect your Captin. The chain is enchanted so it won't break. Unless jinxed or magic is cast on it to break it... But I highly doubt with your skills that they would be able to react enough to fight back." She complimented and smiled at him. Stepping back she bowed her head to the two again. "Thank you again."

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2013, 11:09 PM

Captain Jack, Scarlett thought wearily. He was known in the different ports as an interesting....merchant. She waited by the door until Lúthien was finished with her gifts, trying her best to not let the impatience she felt show.

O’Dell stood patiently behind her, hiding his knowing smile, and keeping Draven within sight. He knew Scarlett was impatient but also troubled – it appeared that the other captain had saved both their lives last night. He knew the feeling – he didn’t like owing a debt himself anymore than she did. For pirates, we are an honorable bunch, he thought wryly.

“Are you ready, Lúthien? I’ve had about enough of this place.
” Failing miserably at keeping the steel out of her voice, she started for the door again, ignoring Captain Jack and his associates. Her ship was at port without her captain and Scarlett was anxious to set out the next leg of her journey.

maidenroseheart

Old 03-22-2013, 12:13 AM

Raising a knowing eyebrow at the impatient captain, he called out after her, "See you at the next port dear. Maybe we can get together and enjoy a meal with entertainment." That would be enjoyable. He grinned at the many memories he had of different sweethearts. Easily acquired and easily lost. Such was his lot in life. Still it wasn't all bad. He had more skills than most men did around the opposite gender and for that Jack had been able to get out of a lot of situations. Turning back to Luthien, he winked, "She has it in for me. Thank you dear for the bracelet. I hope your evening was restful. I know tonight I sleep with your beauty in mind."

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 03-22-2013, 05:25 PM

Draven felt a twinge of irritation at Captain Jack flirting with Scarlett, but he quickly began to berate himself. What did he care about Scarlett and her love life? Besides, it would might distract her and give him more freedom. Admit it, you like her, a little voice nagged in his head. "Shut up!" he muttered to himself.

Amarantha finally began to calm down and finally she stopped swimming. She turned and gazed back towards the island and that hidden cave she had just left. Areaus circled her, rubbing up against her in an attempt to soothe her. She felt some invisible force trying to draw her back to the island and the handsome first mate of the Dark Storm, yet another part of her screamed Flee! Don't let yourself be hurt again.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-25-2013, 02:40 PM

Lúthien heard her Captin's impatience and knew that now they needed to get moving. They needed to find the other pirates and return the magical stone. Hearing Captin Jack's words the elven female smiled gently with a soft bit of blush on her cheeks. "Till we meet again, my friends." She said softly and bowed her head before moving to Scarlett's side. The elven woman met O'Dell's eyes and then opened the door for her captin. The male that had been in the cell seemed to be looking at the woman captin a bit more then usual it seemed, but the elf didn't want to bring it up. Her captin already was impatient with her, so she would stay silent and Obident, for now.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-05-2013, 12:37 AM

Thud. With her feet finally on the deck of Dark Storm, Captain Scarlett felt at home. Stress from the previous day began to evaporate and she could once again think clearly of what they needed to do next.

O’Dell stepped up onto the deck after her and a crewman immediately started giving him the ship’s status. Scarlett listened with half an ear, knowing O’Dell would give her a full report later. His military style has rubbed off on all of us, she thought with a inward smile. Behind them a commotion sounded. Draven had been seized by two other crewmen, one of them the burly Morton who had been posted as his guard. She took private pleasure at the looks of vengeance and fury her mean were drilling into the thief. They would get their chance soon enough. “Mr. Draven, I think you and I should have a chat about your future,” she purred, her voice as cold as the clouds above them.

Turning to find the elf, she softened her tone. “Lúthien, Shanniel. Assist where needed and meet me in my cabin in 20 minutes.” With a nod to her first mate, she and the four men headed for her cabin.

Once they entered, the two men threw Draven to the ground. Scarlett motioned them out. Unable to control her rage any longer, she lashed out at him. “What the hell were you doing on shore?! Do you have a death wish?!” Pacing the floor, she resisted the urge to pound something. If Draven said the wrong thing, the urge might land in his face.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-05-2013, 12:45 AM

Captain Jack rose after the group had all filed out and looked over at those with him. They all nodded their assent and he sighed. Time to get out of this creepy port, woman on his arm or no. Terry strode beside his captain while Jerry took point. The remaining men brought up the rear as they headed out into the early morning sun and down towards the docks. Where to next was uncertain. But another port town seemed like a good idea. Hopefully on the way they wouldn't run into any pirates.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-07-2013, 01:25 AM

Draven watched Scarlett, reading the fury in the female captain. This would probably be a good time to reveal what had happened out in the water that night. "I got tired of sitting around in that tiny little cell so I figured I would see if you guys needed any help. Good thing I did too or you might have drowned in that storm." He finished, waiting to see how the angry woman in front of him would take the news.

Amarantha swam closer to the Dark Storm, staying out of sight for now. She watched the movement on deck with curiosity. The movement of humans and their ways had always fascinated her. She felt Areaus bump her hand with his head and she absentmindedly ran a hand over his smooth, rubbery skin.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-07-2013, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
Once upon a time... all good stories start this way... there was man. This man was born in a poor hamlet far from civilization. The only reason men came to the small area was the simple reason of drafting soldiers for their wars. Wars of dying men, screaming horses, and flying arrows. When news came one day after his 12th birthday of another war looming on the horizon, he packed some food and ran away. He had been a normal lad with brown hair, brown eyes, and tanned skin. He had been a normal lad with a good heart and moral character. He had been.

Now Maleor was a tall, blue-haired man. His flowing locks, held in place by his helmet, framed his lean but determined face. His eyes were now a light purple with all child hood mischief long gone. King of the dark, gloomy, rocky island that he called home. A place where no living they lay. Plant life even in the ocean at the base of the plateau were but brown and white. Skeletons lay scattered across the land. It was a most formidable place to be much less live.

Before this imposing man knelt a feeble old man. Maleor asked calmly, "Do you return with what I asked for?" The man shook his head no. Maleor continued amiably, "We had an agreement" Holding out a long piece of paper with both their signatures at the end, he waited a moment. The old man only lowered himself further on the ground. Maleor began pacing slowly, "We had an agreement. I kept my end. You did not. You broke the agreement. At least you had the wits to come to me to tell me yourself." Maleor turned his back on the old man, his eyes glowed a bright purple as his blue fire rose from the ground around and under the old man. Instantly devouring him.

"Yes, a could thing you came to me." Meleor closed his eyes and could instantly see through the eyes of his companion. The Familiar he called Talons. He had accidently summoned the Familiar a long time ago. Now firey beast served him. Meleor watched Talons slowly rip apart limb by limb a young man as the man screamed in agony. Slow and torturous. As the screams finally died to silence, Talons turned to a whimpering young woman crouched in a corner. Grabbing her arm in his powerful jaws, the man sized wolf leaped into the air and flew on blue fire back towards the island. Meleor opened his eyes and grinned in expectation.
[COLOR="lightseagreen"]
It was with a bored look that Meleor took the beautiful woman to the treasure room. Upon coming near the island, she had ceased her screaming and fighting against Talons. Going into a complacent state of despair and submission, she allowed herself to sink into depression. He liked it that way. A byproduct of being too close to his lair, no one could resist him here when they found they could not keep their end of the agreement. Now he led her like a child to where his gold was stacked. He had many precious items here. Magical items, jewels, and what appeared to be worthless bit of random things. All with value and all at a high price.

Setting her to stand, he stepped back and admired her beauty. Then with Talons help, he burned his hot blue flames molding the gold to completely cover her. When he was finished, she was encased and forever preserved perfectly as she had been in life. Knowing she now rotted inside did nothing to deter the beauty that Meleor beheld on the outside. A perfect golden coffin in her image. Moving it to join those that were like her, only in the form of sprites, fairies, elves, and other beautiful creatures, he felt a sense of accomplishment. Talons growled his approval and turned to watch his master.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2013, 04:46 PM

Scarlett stopped in her tracks. The reason for her save from death had been pushed to the back of her mind with more important problems needing attention. But now curiously surpassed her rage. How had she survived? That had been a stupid risk to go out into the water and create such a powerful tempest but there had been no other choice. Slowly and deliberately, she turned towards him. Surely he wasn’t trying to take credit for saving her life just to get out of punishment. “Captain Jack already claimed to have rescued me,” she stated irritably, resisting the urge to lean on the desk behind her. Her energy was quickly fading and she needed time to plan out their next move before speaking with Lúthien and O’Dell.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-09-2013, 05:43 PM

Draven felt a spark of anger at hearing that this Captain Jack supposedly saved her. His anger turned from that onto himself. Why should he care if she felt something for her supposed rescuer. His anger came out in a brusque, sarcastic response. Well I didn't see him around when I dove into that freezing cold water, and it definitely wasn't him who carted your sorry butt to the warmth of that room.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2013, 06:11 PM

Stunned, Scarlett just stood there. The answer was what she expected but his tone surprised her. It seemed like jealousy, unbridled jealousy. His sincerity convinced her that he had been the one to risk his life for her. But why? He was a low-down thief, a pickpocket. Why would he risk his life for someone who should have killed him on the spot? More importantly, why hadn’t she? With the rage gone, it was becoming impossible to stand on her own. Hoping he would take it that she was shocked, she leaned back on her chart-filled desk. “Why?” was the only thing she could think of to ask.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-09-2013, 08:01 PM

Still riding the wave of anger, Draven was no longer even thinking about censoring his words and holding things back. I don't even know. No one gets under my skin and I don't look out for no one, he growled. What kind of spell have you cast? His anger, at himself for letting her under his tough skin and at being caught in this situation, boiled over. His punched the cabin wall in his frustration. He was a slick con man, who stole and then disappeared, not some bleeding hero.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-24-2013, 04:48 PM

Scarlett chuckled softly, amused at his outburst. Why must men always show their masculine nature with anger? She was about to respond when someone knocked on her door. Most likely being O'Dell, Lúthien and Shanniel coming as she ordered to discuss their next move. Crossing one leg over the other, she continued to lean against her desk. "Get a hold of yourself, man," she muttered as she crossed one leg over the other. "Come in!"

O'Dell entered the cabin, resisting the ever present urge to salute Scarlett. He cast a questioning glance in Draven's direction, wondering what the thief was doing here.

Scarlett thought for a moment, trying to decide if Draven would be useful. IF he did actually save her, she owed him something. Besides, being a pickpocket and conman, he might have information from different ports that would be of use. Silently, she told O'Dell Draven would stay. Looking around she noticed O'Dell was alone. "Where's Lúthien?"

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 04-25-2013, 01:56 AM

Lúthien had swiftly moved to action from the order of her captin, help the crew where need be. Shanniel was studying scents and directions by talking with the navigator. The fox and male got along famously since the magical duo had boarded this ship. Shanniel vein a natural tracker, as well as a smart ass, was very similar to the well trained tracker who had enough sarcasm for half the crew. Having no heading yet, the man and fox discussed seriously where they could be heading, and what were the best ways in getting there. The elven princess didn't linger to hear their conversation, her sensative ears had heard a clatter below deck and when to check out the situation. Luckily she did, one of the crew members that had been in the fight and seriously wounded had attempted to lift a barrel of supplies. The weight had reopened the wound on his arm severely, causing him to drop the container. Approaching the man gracefully, her ever shifting golden eyes held worry, and as they met gazed he looked away and covered up his nearly red bandages. Seeing the shame that came with his wound the woman took his hand firmly and unwrapped the arm. "There is no shame for fighting and recieving a wound... Such is an act of honor with my people. It proves strength and honor to your leader and cause. I'm sure the captin is grateful to your skills in that battle." Lúthien said smoothly and as the fire sealed the wound she took new bandages offered by one of the men passing by and thanked him. Wrapping the wound with skill, and doing so in an odd way compared to how humans wrapped wounds. "Do not lift heavy things for a few days till fully healed... I will take the barrel." She said smoothly and shaking hands with the thankful man, she lifted the barrel with a swift grace and walked it up onto the deck. Placing it where need be, she whistled to get Shanniel's attention and signaled that they needed to see their captin. When the fox was at her side the red head moved her hands swiftly and skillfully to get her hair back in its customary braids of firey red and then when finished entered the Captin's cabin. Bowing at the waist she then met Scarlett's eyes. "We apologize for being late."

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 PM

Draven struggled and finally got his anger under control. He eyed O'dell and sensed that the first mate did not care for his presence aboard the ship. Why would I care what you think," Draven thought as he stared at O'dell with a look of indifference. He lounged back against the wall, arms crossed and with a general attitude of I-don't-care around him. Inwardly he was ever on alert for new information to glean or surprise attacks or just what ever life chose to throw at him. His constant alertness was what had allowed him to grow up in the street unharmed and made him so good at what he did.