Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-19-2016, 02:26 AM

"Eh, straw that broke the camel's back and all that," Tristian muttered. "This was certainly the biggest stunt he's ever pulled but he's been messing with me or just being a general nuisance for several years. I've always kinda wanted to take him down a few pegs. Just gotta find ways to do it that we'll actually work. He's surprisingly hard to get for anything and he doesn't seem to let much bother him. But it'll be worth it if I succeed."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-19-2016, 10:15 PM

Ren hummed, understanding, but not. He surprisingly didn't dislike Yasu that much. It was just a general apathetic feeling, though Tristian's anger was justified. He understood that. "Whatever. Sure you'll have a chance for it. You're better anyway," he stated. Switching back to work, he changed the topic in an instant. "Just doing fittings today?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-19-2016, 10:25 PM

Tristian grinned at Ren's compliment, feeling proud, but didn't comment on it, instead letting Ren gear the conversation onto other topics. "Yeah, today and tomorrow and then I'll finish up all the sewing for them and then we'll be at the show." And then maybe after the show Tristian would push pass Ren's boundaries again and try to identify whatever it was that had him wanting to snuggle into Ren's side in some moments.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-20-2016, 02:03 AM

Ren nodded his head. "Meeting anyone else today?" He wasn't sure if he planned to stick around too long today or not. It went well so far, but if it went too well with them, he'd be honest. Not yet. Maybe. No, not yet. This right here was enough, proof that it didn't hurt too much even if he still wanted to follow Tristian's every movement with his eye. "Not sure if I feel like going home. Is it okay?" Were they okay?

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-20-2016, 11:09 PM

"Don't have anyone else for another hour and a half. Most people wanted to come in the early morning today. I had like three models here at once earlier, and I don't really like doing group fittings without some back up, so that was a bit stressful." Tristian rambled, starting to feel a little excited about the show and maybe just from Ren being there. "Of course you can hang around. You never really have to ask though. I'd always say yes to you."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-21-2016, 11:07 PM

"Oh," Ren muttered, quickly turning his eyes away. He flushed just ever so slightly though remained calm otherwise. No need to show that his heart thudded at those words. Though he didn't admit it, he felt the same way. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't say no to Tristian either. Opening his mouth, he almost said the truth--that he wanted Tristian never to say no to him ever again, for the rest of their lives. Not even to accepting his soulmate. But at the last second, those words died in his throat. "Then I'll stay for a little while. Here is better than home..." With that, he trailed off, his words unable to explain any of this.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-22-2016, 12:44 AM

Tristian wasn't looking at Ren's face, so he missed the blush, and in doing so missed noticing just how much the words he'd carelessly tossed out meant to the other man. The words were certainly true for Tristian, but he didn't necessarily realize the depth of how much he meant that, not yet. "Well once you get this outfit off, that should be all of the ones you need to be fitted for, and then you can just relax for a little bit. I like having you hear. You're nice to talk to." Which was perhaps strange given how little Ren really responded but it was still true. Tristian never really felt awkward talking to him and certainly never felt like he was talking to much, but he also found himself almost wanted to be quieter with Ren, just enjoying sharing space with the other man.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-22-2016, 04:52 PM

"Yeah, sounds good," Ren mumbled. At least for a little while they could be okay. He let Tristian finish the last of his work on the outfit, then went to change again. Once settled into his own clothes, he headed toward the kitchenette first. "Want coffee or a snack first?" he called. It was part of their routine, almost like cohabiting in the studio. Someone would get food and drink and then they'd sit and work or just be silent, talking when needed--mostly Tristian though. Still, they both knew that Ren always listened.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-22-2016, 05:35 PM

"Mm, coffee," Tristian said as he placed the clothing back in their proper places to be adjusted to fit the new pinning later. It was really all small stuff, so Tristian was glad it wouldn't appear to take to long, "I'm feeling a bit tired, and I need to get through the rest of the day. I haven't been home in a couple days, you know how it is. I'll try and get home tonight, but it seems I thought that the last couple of days too and it didn't happen." Tristian flopped down on the couch, yawning as he did so.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-23-2016, 02:00 AM

Ren hummed in response as he poured two cups from the pot he found on from earlier. It wasn't all that warm, but neither of them seemed to mind that much. Taking a box of crackers with him, he sat down on the other side of the couch. "Might be nice when it's all over. Not sure what to do after that though." Going through a show was his extent of experience on being a model. He could be hired by another after this show, but he didn't want to. Didn't think it would actually happen. Still, what would he do without the bustle of a show?

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-23-2016, 02:04 AM

Tristian grinned up at Ren from the half laying position he was in and shook his head, "Well, I mean, it kinda depends. If we get a lot of orders. Me and the seamstresses will be busy with that, and you might have to go to events to show of the clothes just a little bit more. If there's magazine shoots, you'd definitely be in on those. And then there's you know, getting ready for the next show, which really will start early. And you know models maintain their body and all that crap." He didn't mention that Ren could leave. He figured Ren knew that, and he really didn't want the other to consider it, but it was true, even if the thought made Tristian's heart clench painfully.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-24-2016, 01:03 AM

Ren nodded, feeling the enormity of all those things wash over him. He still had things to do with Tristian so he didn't need to think if he could stay or go. At least not yet. At the mention of a next show, he couldn't stop himself from asking after a few seconds of hesitation. "You'll still want me for another show?" His breath stilled, waiting on whatever answer Tristian gave. He just needed to be a little more sure and maybe, to feel a little more needed.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-24-2016, 01:54 AM

Tristian looked over at Ren and nodded, his cheeks heating up slight, "Yeah, I know it's not always practical for models to stick around with designers between shows. You need to go where the money is since you contract your work. But yeah, I'd really like that and appreciate it. I like having you hear. I like you being..." he trailed off, unusual for him, face was definitely red now. He coughed, "I like you being part of my staff." He looked down, hair draping over his face, he'd almost said something that just didn't feel right after the fight they had. Something stupid like he liked Ren being with him or being his friend.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-24-2016, 02:14 AM

Ren ducked his head as well, sitting with both hands clasped in his lap. His cup of coffee sat forgotten, barely sipped from. "...Thank you," he managed to whisper after almost a moment of silence. With those words, he found his heart able to beat properly again. He breathed in deep, appreciating the steady feel of it. Tristian told him just what he wanted to hear and Ren wanted to lean across the couch and brush his fingers over the other man's mark in assurance once again. Or brush the hair from his face and touch his cheek, or...

His hands clenched just a little bit tighter. "I also want to stay here."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-24-2016, 02:36 AM

Tristian grinned, small, to himself, so there was hope. But maybe it was better to still leave things be. They were almost back to how they were, but something was telling Tristian if he pushed it further, whatever he'd discover would make him incapable of getting the necessary work done for the show. It felt like this thing with Ren could consume him if he let it, and he couldn't afford that right. now. After. He reminded himself. He'd talk to Ren. Really talk to him. After.

He eventually looked up at Ren, his grin widening, "Thank you. I'm glad to hear that. Really."

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 03-24-2016 at 03:19 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-24-2016, 09:05 PM

They sat in silence for a while after that before falling into comfortable, light conversation. It passed the time with ease and it seemed they fell fully into the routine they had with each other before. When Tristian's next appointment came, Ren lingered just a bit before excusing himself, not wanting to be in the way. Next time they saw each other, it would be the day of the show. Walking back to his car, he wondered just how that day would go. Somehow, he had a feeling a lot could happen.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-25-2016, 12:55 AM

The next few days where a whirlwind for Tristian. He knew he had gone home to sleep at least once in there, but it felt like he'd barely been home before he was back at the studio doing final touches. Then the next thing he knew it was the day of the show. He'd worked through the night before, but went home in the early hours of the morning to grab a couple hours of rest and to shower and the like. Before he was once again back at the studio and getting his look down just as much as the models. He was wearing one of the show pieces, though he also had sewn this one for himself in a brighter color than what would be on the model, simply to stand out. His hair was pulled back in a simple speak ponytail tonight, not bothering with anything fancy. Then, finally, everyone was ready, they were at the venues, and the chaos began to set in as the crowd filtered in and took their seats and the show was almost ready to start.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-25-2016, 08:30 PM

The day of the show came all too soon. The venue of course looked fit for all the celebrities and guests that started filtering in. It was that other side of the world that Ren was from, but never seemed to fit in. Still, for a show, he didn't mind so much. In the back, everyone was in the familiar mad rush of putting everything together. He already had his clothes on and someone worked on his hair as Cyril finished up his makeup. Judging by the conversation and degree of anxiety, a good crowd already showed up, including all the leading fashion magazines. Sighing, Ren wondered how Tristian was dealing with it. He'd only seen the guy here and there, running around between pretty much everything. It was finally here though. This was the show they looked forward to so much. He couldn't stop the warm, anxious feeling that came over him at the thought.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-26-2016, 04:58 AM

And just like that the hours before the show had been whittled down to nothing. The audience were all in there seats and then were several names on the list of attendees that had Tristian in a particular frenzy. But as he stood to the side of the stage, watching the first models began there walk. It'd be his turn soon to go out on the stage, after the models had done their job and he could feel a tingle of anxiety creeping down his spine. He'd be speaking to some really important people and he didn't want to mess up.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-26-2016, 07:09 PM

Hushed excitement washed over the venue. Ren could see out into the crowd from where he waited by the stage. Someone still buzzed around him, coaxing his shirt and accessories into the exact position they needed to be in. He could see Tristian off to the side and the entire time models walked down the runway, he fixed his gaze on the other man. Tristian looked nervous. If he could, Ren could go down there and say this was already perfect. How could any of them mess anything up? Instead, as he was motioned onto the runway himself, he decided to look so confident that Tristian could feel it too. Unlike every other show, he did this one for someone else. The cameras all flashed and then seconds later, it was over and he was off the stage again like nothing so intense happened at all.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-27-2016, 02:41 AM

Tristian found himself almost zoning out for much of the show. It was a good thing he didn't actually change the models himself. He'd have certainly ripped a seam by this point. Instead, he found himself almost missing the show for all the energy that was flowing through him without end. This was really it. He could feel it in the air; this show was gonna be the big step for him, he was certain.

Through all that though, he found himself pulled into Ren's walk down the runway. The model commanding the stage in a way that was exactly what Tristian's show needed, and he seemed to be more focused into it than when he'd seen him walk at Yasu's show. Tristian hoped some of that had to do with him and their friendship. He wanted Ren to enjoy himself more.

The second round of outfits passed much the same for Tristian as did the third, and then it was time to close the show. The models came out for one final walk around the stage in the last outfits they had worn and then took up poses around the runway, while Tristian was introduced to the crowd. He stepped out from the wings of the runway.

"Welcome everyone. I hope you enjoyed tonight's show and saw some pieces that peaked your interest. The climb to this show has certainly been uphill, but I can't say I've ever been happier to finally be standing in front of you all. The creation of this line took on a mind of it's own at some times, but I feel all the pieces represent a step in a new direction for me. I hope to give you more work like this in the future. And I just want to say thank you to everyone who got us to this point," his eyes lingered on Ren as he said this, before he broadened them out to other members of his staff. "Thank you all for coming, and I look forward to speaking with you at the after party. Good evening!" He bowed shortly before exiting the stage as the models followed suit. Some of them changing to other outfits from the show, others keeping the ones they were wearing on. Everyone preparing to mingle as the venue staff readied the area for the party as the crowd stood and begin murmuring to each other.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-27-2016, 03:13 AM

Under the glare of the lights and camera, Ren held his pose until the end. And then the show was over, just like that. He filtered off the stage with the rest of the models, once again finding Tristian with his eyes without even trying. In this kind of atmosphere, he probably couldn't pretend they weren't soulmates for long. Did he really need to be trying to all this time? But now wasn't really the time to think about that either.

He changed into a second outfit for the party which was a little more comfortable for long periods and felt thankful for that blessing. It always got too hot and stuffy with all the people at the after party so he preferred to be dressed lightly. Like always, he started the party with a glass of wine. Standing at the table as he sipped, he thought they'd really done it this time. A smile crossed his face. Even if it wasn't his line on show here, he couldn't help but feel happy for Tristian. Speaking of, where was that man in this crowd now? He'd finally lost sight of him.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-27-2016, 03:52 AM

The moment Tristian stepped out to join the after party, he found himself inundated with people trying to talk to him, luckily with Annette by his side to fend of some of the more vicious reporters. He did hear several positive reviews of the show though, which left him glowing with happiness. He was sure what most of the reporters had to say the next day would be positive. Eventually though, the crowd thinned and he was able to breath a little more at ease. The happiness still stayed with him though, leaving him with a permanent grin on his face.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-27-2016, 07:34 PM

A small figure separated itself from the crowd, her cheeks flushed to match her ginger hair. "Mr. Andry! The show was awe inspiring! I felt like I must have floated to a different space," Piritta called as she scrambled toward him. She wore a pastel and lacy dress that fell in tatters around her legs and it seemed today too, she'd found herself out of place in the crowds. Still, she smiled easier and grabbed Tristian's hand with a bright smile. "I'm so happy I was able to come!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-28-2016, 12:28 AM

"Ah Pirrita. It's so wonderful to see you again. I'm glad you could come, but really call me Tristian. You're gonna be working with me and I don't like standing so much on formality." He shook her hand, his smiling transforming from the glow of happiness to something a bit kinder and more geared for the girl in front of him. "I'm glad you enjoyed the show."