Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-13-2013, 11:39 PM

that's great. This forum needs some new long term shops. Seems the art community is pretty slow around here.

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-13-2013, 11:44 PM

I know... I think when I first joined there were a lot of really good art shops and I was sort of intimidated but it seems like things might have slowed down just a little here? But I may be wrong, I'm not really in a position to talk about it since I've been back for less than a week lol

mewmew07
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-14-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Rockstar View Post
MewMew :: Okay, well in that case I would love to draw her for you!! o uon thanks for another commission Mew

Just don't make it blindingly bright pink is all.

When should I send the gold in a trade?

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-14-2013, 01:31 AM

oh you don't have to worry about that, i won't make it blindingly bright o uo as long as you are comfortable with the same level of flashyness as what the samples offer, then we'll be ok.

and oh haha sorry I updated the first page to include a payment policy, but that was after you ordered I think; but I'll copy and past it here for you:

" Payment Policy:
If I accept your order, pleae do not send me a trade yet. Just wait for a couple of days until I get your art to you. If you like it, you can pay via the donation button under my avatar (heehee have i mentioned I am lazy yet?). If you don't like it, then you just don't have to pay. c: simple and casual, like I said ~ heehee "

basically you don't ever have to start a trade with me. when i finish your art you can send the payment to me via the donation button under my avatar if you like the art and think it's worth paying for, and if you don't like it/you have valid concerns or a problem with the art that is legitimate and reasonable, then you don't have to pay for it. Unless I can fix whatever it is that is bothering you from comfortably sending payment over o uo haha does that makes sense? xD

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 01:45 AM

Please excuse my lateness on my reply; I was helping my mum with something.

It's probably the link, lets try this and I'm hoping it works ^-^

The easiest one would be Ashtyn.
Though many take a liking to Rahlia or Chase XD

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-14-2013, 02:21 AM

eep no, that's still not working either ; ^; It does the same thing as the other link... the "5 characters" button jumps a little bit when I click it, but nothing happens ):

if it's not too much trouble, would direct-linking me straight to each of the 5 characters' profiles be too hard? I wonder if that might work instead... o uo;

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 02:44 AM

I will try ^_^

They are here;
Keira O'Nally
Ashtyn Leigh
Rahlia Freanilyth
Alistair Kingsley (He is a work in progress right now.)
and Chase Alexander Ryder

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-14-2013, 02:53 AM

Ahaha! Sucess! Hmm let me see... I like Ashtyn Leigh. she actually reminds me of a waaaaay old rpc I used to have like seven years ago xD

I think perhaps I will draw her if that's okay with you? o uo
I don't know when I'll get around to it because I have a LOT of other commissions, not just on this site but on two others too (haha oops xD) but I'd enjoy doing her, I think. (:

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 02:56 AM

Yea, she's my favorite~

The basic profile of her is actually based off of me, but I added a lot to her XD If that makes any sense XD

I don't mind though, I know how it is! I have several arts I have to do but just can't bring myself to do it XD So do what needs to be done XD I just ask that you don't forget me ;)

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-14-2013, 03:05 AM

oh i get it, that's cool xD I won't forget ; a; I intend to make an army of these little pixel things, so even if the requests take a while to do, I'm totally motivated to finish a bunch of them!! (:

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 03:12 AM

Hahahaha, good, good!
That makes me happy ^-^

I really love your art!

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 AM

oh gosh really hehe
thank you

i always like to hear that, especially for this style.
it seems like no one on gaia ever wants to order pixel art from me, so i get worried that no one even likes the way these look anyway and I'm just waisting my time with it ಥ◡ಥ

I actually have a loooooot of other styles, but this is my favorite by far haha

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 03:29 AM

Gaia, I hate that site.
I was hacked and there is to many rude people on it....

I wanna see your other styles!!!
Do you have a deviantart or something?

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-14-2013, 03:37 AM

eep no, haha i'm too lazy to keep up with one of those ಥ◡ಥ

I can go find some doodles i've done if you want to see them? o: I've got them around somewhere, i'm sure i could dig them up...

i just have to warn you in advance, i could never stick to just one style of art, so all the things i make not in ms paint or w/ the binary pen in Sai are going to look like a bajillion times different than the samples in this shop xD

edit:
eep your account got hacked?? D;
that sucks
i'd feel so terrible if mine got hacked... i've been on that site forever, i'd hate to lose everything after years of buildup ; A;
imm so sorry for you friend ಥ ^ಥ

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-14-2013, 03:47 AM

Quote:
seito:: oh gosh i do totally understand that though @__@ it's nice but time consuming, especially when you have to add all the little details for all the different strands and locks... eee so intimidating, but so fun when it's looking and coming out good while you draw it.
Exactly! * u * But I'm not at the level where I'm good at that kind of stuff D: When I attempt to draw pretty hair it just comes out looking like bad hair. OTL

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-14-2013, 03:53 AM

omgosh don't worry about that though because once you get hair down it becomes so much less intimidating, and it's one of those things that can really make or break your art. Like... for instance, I've seen people who aren't super great at anatomy, but that are like masters at coloring their art, so even though the proportions may not be very good, the sheer brilliance of their coloring style makes up for it enough that they can sell busts for like millions of gold (on gaia at least haha, that's really the only site where i have room to give informed decisions).

I can make some suggestions if you'd like? o uo

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 03:55 AM

I would love to see your art of any style if you don't mind showing me some>?
I enjoy looking at others art greatly!!!

And don't worry; I don't get on it for a reason XD But that shouldn't stop others.
Mene is just really good about the mods actually doing their job XD
If that makes sense.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-14-2013, 04:00 AM

Oh I totally get that. I really love the artists that can bring their pictures to life even though stuff like anatomy you said isn't perfect.

Admittedly I don't practice enough with just regular drawing which is probably why I don't see improvement in it. I get distracted with my origami and pixels. OTL

Sure * u * I don't have anything recent though for you to critique on D: (But if you know a good tutorial I'll take that too. I have a few bookmarked and overall wasn't too impressed with the few I actually sat down to try but that might be one of those I just need more practice and shouldn't give up so easily)

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-14-2013, 04:01 AM

Ashy:: it makes sense!! o uo Some mods on gaia don't even really get back to you when you have a problem... i guess that's the price of having a site with so many users on it though, some people are bound to fall between the cracks.

okay i will go get some of my other pieces to show you * u*
brace yourself this could take a while xD
I upload everything to tinypic otl there's 0% organization involved haha

edit::
Seito:
I know, i'm always amazed at how great some people can color. it's so impressive ಥ◡ಥ

omgosh i just saw some of the origami you did posted in the other thread, i am fawning over it right now ಥ◡ಥ that is such an incredible skill!

I'm actually not going to critique anything that you've already done. I think that people have a lot of different styles, and those styles will evolve and mature the better and more experienced they get at their craft.

The only thing I can really recommend to anyone when it comes to drawing hair is that you shouldn't be afraid of intricacy! Draw the big clumps first and add in littler clumps to make the flow look better.
And also that people love it when you draw hair super poofy, which can also be fun sometimes. i'm just drawing a quick tutorial for you to help explain what i'm saying better, so you'll understand more in just a sec xD

Last edited by `Rockstar; 08-14-2013 at 04:05 AM.. Reason: edited to reply to seito ಥ◡ಥ

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 04:06 AM

Gaia just sucks XD
Now
But that's my opinion.
They do have some really cool items though...

I also love their DAC which is actually run by a user.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-14-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
edit::
Seito:
I know, i'm always amazed at how great some people can color. it's so impressive ಥ◡ಥ

omgosh i just saw some of the origami you did posted in the other thread, i am fawning over it right now ಥ◡ಥ that is such an incredible skill!

I'm actually not going to critique anything that you've already done. I think that people have a lot of different styles, and those styles will evolve and mature the better and more experienced they get at their craft.

The only thing I can really recommend to anyone when it comes to drawing hair is that you shouldn't be afraid of intricacy! Draw the big clumps first and add in littler clumps to make the flow look better.
And also that people love it when you draw hair super poofy, which can also be fun sometimes. i'm just drawing a quick tutorial for you to help explain what i'm saying better, so you'll understand more in just a sec xD
I know! * u * It's like. There are a billions things wrong physically, mentally with the picture but your colors your pretty colors I don't care! HOW DO YOU DO IT?!

Hehe thank you. I really enjoy doing that stuff. <3 It's a great stress reliever too. But the only thing is that it doesn't communicate what I want to put down like a drawing would so that's why I want to get better.

Ooo okay :O That does make sense. Super poofy? Okay * u * I await your tutorial. xD

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-14-2013, 05:30 AM

@ Rockstar - That's fine by me. C: Have fun with it.

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-14-2013, 05:46 AM

oh my god i just fell asleep at my computer
i didn't know people could actually do that
one quick last post and then i have to go to bed @ A@

Ashy:: they're items are getting cooler and cooler I admit @___@
okay but what does DAC stand for again? heehee sorry to be a bother~

Seito:: I get it. I have this problem where it's like I can see crystal clear in my mind what I want to draw and for some reason even with as long as I've been practicing it still doesn't always come out right xD
I think you're way more patient and dedicated than I am though
i mean most of the time what I do is a mistake that just looks good
all that paper folding may not seem like a big deal at first but I bet it gets tougher than anything I do waaaaay fast @__@

aklsdfjkdg oh shit i forgot about your tutorial!!!!!
ok hang on ~~~~~
I'll just pm it to you in a sec when i write it haha

Dystopia:: okay e ue thank you!!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-14-2013, 08:02 AM

xD I have fallen asleep at my computer! \ o / Don't worry.

Haha yeah I hate that feeling. It's like I see it my mind why can't I put it to paper?
Aww thanks you <3 It's good get it all out of the way :3

Hehe the tutorial was brilliant!

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 01:23 PM

a DAC is a dream avatar creator.