NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 12:29 AM

OMG, I can finally have a place to go on about my cats without people thinking I am some crazy catman.

Hey friends of Mene, what pets do you have? I have three cats and a dog currently. Shall I introduce them?

I have a tabby called Tom. She is the mother of Tik, our big white baby of a cat. And then when my sister moved in with us, we acquired another cat. His name is Oscar and I love him so much. We also have Shady, but I don't like the dog as much as I do the cats! XD

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 12:35 AM

You're on the internet... how could talking about cats possibly be crazy?

I have a gray tub of lard tabby. She likes to lay on my lap until my legs fall asleep. Her favorite hobbies are whining, snoring, and farting at the worst possible times.

She likes long walks on the be- wait... wrong entry...

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 12:38 AM

I don't have a kitty, but my sister does and she lives with me so it's like having one. XD

She's a ginger tabby and a sweety.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 12:39 AM

Hahahaha XD A cat dating service XD

I love talking in long lengths about Oscar and people honestly think I am crazy. But he is so adorable. He doesn't meow, he makes weird "mrrr" noises. He also likes my computer chair, so whenever I am sitting here, he tries to climb up behind me to make me move. Hahahaha. Then he gets shitty and attacks me.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 12:53 AM

Should see people talking about their children... some of them wont stop either...

My kitty cat has a super squeaky snore... I have to get to bed before her or she keeps me up

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 12:56 AM

Hahahaha, really?

Oscar either sleeps on the chair or right on my chest. I don't mind the cuddles, but sometimes he sleeps horizontal and takes up all the space XD

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 12:58 AM

My cat used to sleep on me too... but it made it really hard to breathe... >.< she's 13lbs now...

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:10 AM

What a fat cat XD Tik is pretty big like that too, but he is naturally a big cat, so when he gets fat he just looks bigger.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:16 AM

My cat's stomach sways while she runs for the 5 seconds she can...

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:17 AM

Hehehehe.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:19 AM

It's pretty depressing... I can't actually get her to lose weight either. Every time she goes on a diet she GAINS... o.o

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:19 AM

Maybe she is getting into the rubbish or the neighbours feed her?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:32 AM

Nah, she rarely does ANYTHING... just lays around the house and never goes outside.
She freaks out like she's going to die of starvation if her bowl gets half empty...

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:35 AM

My cats are so picky at times, they'll act like they have never been fed, but when you give them their food they just look at you like, "Is this it?"

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:46 AM

Haha so true... my cat does that sometimes too... but if I walk away she eats it.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:48 AM

Lately Oscar has found a spot on the floor he likes sleeping on =A= He has my whole bed to sleep on during the day and he sleeps on the floor...

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:53 AM

My cat stole my niece's pillow... and has claimed it as her official bed.

Oh and did I mention how funny she can sleep? XD

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 01:56 AM

Hahahaha, what a cutie. Looks like she sleeps with her head rammed against the floor? Oscar sometimes sleeps with his head rammed up against something, like my neck for instance.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 02:01 AM

Haha... cats... can't live with em... can't enjoy life without em...

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 02:03 AM

I miss having cats if we don't have one.

And we always seem to end up with 2 or 3.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 05:19 AM

I have 4 pets...I think? (More on that in a minute...)

I have a Chihuahua/Mini Eskimo mix named Yuna, a Chihuahua/Poodle mix named Sazh, a Siamese mix cat named Mog, and an orange tabby currently named Chuck (after Chuck Norris) but my husband says he should be Wakka.

5 points to the person who figures out the theme for naming references there.

Also I say 4-ish as Chuck is not technically our cat, he is an outdoor stray that's been living on my porch. I have tried to post on Facebook and with friends to help adopt him. I also tried to check local no kill shelters to see if they would take him in. I don't think we're technically suppose to have more than two animals, however we had gotten permission from the old park manager before we adopted Sazh. My husband is worried that if we take in the cat that the owner of the park might get kind of nasty about us having 4 animals in our trailer (even though technically the cats wouldn't be going outside anyways...). The other concern is the two cats are male. Chuck is not fixed, and if he were to be brought in he would have to be fixed, no questions asked. The other thing I'm concerned though is the two of them fighting. I think Mog would allow him to be the alpha male cat, but I really don't want to see either get hurt over territorial/instinctual issues.

Mog was a cat that was born on my 25th birthday, in my closet and totally unexpected. I had taken in my cat from my parent's house. We had no idea she was pregnant at the time. She was also an outdoor only cat and did not adopt well to being inside at all. After she had the 3 kittens she had we raised them until they were old enough to rehome. I tried to find homes for them then, but no one was actively looking. I ended up having to rehome the mother and one of the babies as we lived in an apartment and weren't suppose to have more than two cats. I kept Mog and his brother Khimari until the owner got on our case to rehome one of the cats. At the time my husband had a cat he brought into the relationship, and I couldn't ask him to get rid of her so we luckily found a friend wanting a companion and even paid for the neutering of Khimari for him. Sadly, Khimari passed away in the past 6 months. He turned into an indoor/outdoor cat and I suspect he may of gotten feline leukimia. I was sad to hear he had passed away.

Sazh was adopted. His first owners were going to take him to the pound. He played with Yuna and they got along so well that it broke my heart to think that he'd end up euthanized. He is such a cuddly, loving little guy and always has a face full of kisses for you. He is SO eager to please and will happily chase his tail for you on command. Oddly enough he can't do much more other than a really cute howl that he will also do on command. He isn't very bright.

Yuna was an 'oops' puppy and we were given her from friends. She's very much an aloof dog who has taken to my husband and step-daughter, and could take or leave anyone else. She's very intellegent, but not quite as affectionate as Sazh.

I went in backwards order on there. Whoops! Forgive me, I'm fairly tired. As you could probably tell, though, both my husband and I are avid animal lovers. They are so easy to please/take care of and the return on them is great. I work from home, so they aren't hardly ever crated unless I have to run errands. (The one dog has an anxiety issue and will tear the house apart if she's left outside her crate. The other dog likes to chew up kleenex in the trashcan -- I can deal with that. My husband's dog, Yuna, likes to destroy things of more value, unfortunately.)

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 09-13-2013, 07:27 AM

I currently have two cats, Lucky and Poppy, a brother and sister duo aged 11, my lab x dog Patch, who's an old man now at 12. I also have my axolotls Pip and Amphora, who were 1 in May/june...There's two axolotl fry i've been raising with the intent of keeping one, and a hoard of eggs from my own two spawning. Oh, and i have one giant African land snail called Alex.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 10:32 PM

I think restrictions on pets don't matter so much, only if each animal is treated with kindness and love, and is cared for. We have 3 cats and apparently you are only allowed 2 in NZ. But each one is fed, and cared for.

Oh, those names are awfully familiar. Sound like Final Fantasy characters. I've always wanted a cat of my own. I would call him Dante. And for my dog, I want either a Rottweiler (however you spell it) called Cerberus or a Husky.

Oscar slept on my chest again last night. I get a bit worried when he keeps his claws out over my neck XD He might be plotting something.

chellybean1985
*^_^*

Old 09-13-2013, 10:50 PM

I love cats ive owned 4 one each at different times, my first cat was a really lazy fat black and white cat named Malibu who loved to sleep on my pillow and puke under my bed lol. My second cat was named Chocobo she was really small but she was such a trouble maker! always climbing in the sink and licking the dishes! My third cat was my pride and joy Miss Kitty she was a calico very small and delacate but she had a wierd obbssesion with eating and licking tape or stickers and then she would get sick from it and puke everywhere! But she was my baby and I still miss her. My fourth one is Ivanna I still have her although she doesnt live with me I had to leave her with my ex when we split cause my parents hate cats. She is so cute though she meows very very soft and loves to cuddle she is a calico as well.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 10:56 PM

I did have a childhood black and white cat called Possum. We were really good friends. I wasn't very... Popular growing up, so it was nice to have a friend I could talk to that wouldn't judge me.

When we moved to Australia to live, we had to give away to a friend. When we came back, he must have thought we were going to take him with us. I still remember seeing him sitting at the end of the driveway watching us drive away with an annoyed look on his face...

Then a few months later, he got really ill and had to be put down. I think he died of a lonely heart. I still miss him a lot, but I know it was better for him to be put to sleep so he wouldn't just die slowly and painfully.