Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-09-2015, 12:40 AM

My beauty routine has gotten fairly mundane, so lately I've been actively trying out new products and looks. The only problem is figuring out how to do it all! Winged eyeliner is hard. Getting red lips to look neat & precise is such a pain. So I've been spending a lot of time reading beauty tutorials, watching how-to videos and generally trying to learn.

I've run into some decent bloggers who are good about discussing beauty routines on a basic level, but lots of people don't seem to understand that many people have trouble applying makeup so skillfully. It's frustrating to find a tutorial and have it basically amount to "1. This is the thing we're going to do today, 2. Do the thing, 3. Hooray, now you get to enjoy the thing!" But....I still don't know how to actually do it! You've gotta break it down for me a little more than that!!

Can anyone recommend their favorite tutorials? Or any videos that you've found particularly helpful?

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-09-2015, 12:41 AM

Links and Tutorials Here!

Decent liquid eyeliner tutorial! I like this one because it's a bit more accessible and talks about the "tape" hack.

Last edited by Knerd; 01-09-2015 at 05:25 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-12-2015, 04:11 PM

I saw this video the other day:

I pretty much never use oil in my hair because it's already super oily but her hair looks so pretty and soft afterwards! I have a sample of oil that I got so I think I'm going to try this this weekend. Wish me luck!

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2015, 03:00 PM

Hmm, usually people tell you not to apply coconut oil/conditioners to your scalp and roots. She's going about that in a way that's completely different from what I do! But hey, if it works, then it works.

Now, I've heard about this before but hadn't actually seen the video - Here's a way to turn crayons into lipstick!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-20-2015, 09:09 PM

I didn't watch the video yet but that sounds really freaky!

I did the hair mask and washed my hair twice afterwards to make sure it got clean. The oil actually washed out pretty well! Unfortunately I was too distracted to really inspect my hair to see if it looked any shinier or prettier than usual so yeah... I'm not very helpful.

Godessofwar000
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2015, 01:43 AM

i watch makeup tutorials like its some weird freaky religion or something and ive gotten so addicted to makeup it just aint funny. i became a hoarder. but i love watching shannxo on youtube. or makeupbyalli. although she packs it on too much. but you can go to youtube or google and just put in everyday makeup tutorial or beginner makeup and you should find something.