fowlie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2009, 04:37 PM

Everyone knows that cable uses Halloween as an excuse to play horror movies, or just campy fun like Rocky Horror. What movie's did you catch this year? If it was just on DVD thats ok...

I caught The Ring on TV. The fights time I saw it since it came out. Only horror movie to still be effecting me. I still get freaked out when the TV turns to static. I tried to face my fear watching it again, and failed. ; 3;

I also watched Orphan! I was surprised by how good it is! That little girl is a great actor, and the twist ending really blew me away!

The last movie I watched was Trick r' Treat. Holly crap, that was awesome! Stright to DVD but a hidden gem. It reminded me of the old Goosebumps show but way more adult, and way more funny!

What did you guys see? :3

KerBlang
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2009, 04:41 PM

I watched Rocky Horror. The highlight of my Halloween

fowlie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2009, 04:42 PM

Hahah, always a classic!

black rain
*^_^*
Banned

Old 11-01-2009, 04:45 PM

zombieland was amazing

Kriddles
Kriddles. It's Magic.
Send a message via AIM to Kriddles Send a message via MSN to Kriddles

Old 11-01-2009, 04:56 PM

Well, I went to see Paranormal Activity a couple of weeks ago. Jeez... I still don't sleep because of that show.

But my classic Halloween movies have to be Zombie movies. You should also try watching:

Seventh Moon (Horror)

Shutter (Horror)

The Blair Witch Project (Watch it in the dark, it's definately a classic) (Horror)

The Messengers (Thiller/Horror)

The Others (Thriller/Horror)

and I think the last one is called The Forgotten (Horror/Thriller).

All of those are really good movies in my opinion.

fowlie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2009, 04:57 PM

I'll have to catch Zombieland on DVD, super broke. But I've heard great things!

fowlie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriddles View Post
Well, I went to see Paranormal Activity a couple of weeks ago. Jeez... I still don't sleep because of that show.

But my classic Halloween movies have to be Zombie movies. You should also try watching:

Seventh Moon (Horror)

Shutter (Horror)

The Blair Witch Project (Watch it in the dark, it's definately a classic) (Horror)

The Messengers (Thiller/Horror)

The Others (Thriller/Horror)

and I think the last one is called The Forgotten (Horror/Thriller).

All of those are really good movies in my opinion.

I've seen Blair Witch, back on VHS, it freaked me out, but I was still a kid, I should watch it again. The Others is a great movie, another great twist! I saw The Forgotten when it came out, but I don't really remember it.

I REALLY have to get to see Paranormal Activity, but I know I'll never sleep again. ; 3;

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-01-2009, 05:34 PM

I liked the Japanese version more.

The American one's plot was far too unrealistic for me.

I watched it independently/without comparing since adaptations rarely follow in toto. xD

Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 11-01-2009, 05:36 PM

I watched 30 Days of Night and Drag Me to Hell. I know my friend watched Paranormal Activity and because of that he was in the fetal position during our whole movie watching session xD

Duncan_Greymorn
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2009, 05:37 PM

I went to two movie nights with friends. The day before Halloween we watched: Bubba Ho-Tep, Night of the Living Dead and Freaks. Last night we watched: The Crow, and Addams Family Values. It was good times.

GoCloud!
Final Fantasy Fan!!

Old 11-01-2009, 05:38 PM

Lol sounds like fun. The only Halloween movies I've watched this year were Twitches, Twitches Too, Halloween Town, Halloween Town Two, Halloween Town High, and that last one that always seems to escape my mind. I've also watched that one Scooby Doo movie where the gang goes to that weird island and find that Scrappy Cornelius(lol...Cornelius) Doo is the villain.

TelosBehindYou
Watcher of Anime

Old 11-01-2009, 05:43 PM

O.o Hey all, I got stuck with a really old movie called White Noise, not really scary though... Want to see Zombieland but I has no money to get tickets.

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-01-2009, 05:47 PM

I loved Orphan!

I saw it in theatres. It was good and the end really threw me for a loop.
Hilarious though right? I can't get over that line at the end. Watched it again the other night.

I watched halloween movies on the disney channel. lol That's about it.
No scary ones, just.. average halloween movies. I don't like horror ones much.
So I saw halloween town & halloween high. Plus Twitches 1 & 2.

I need to watch Hocus Pocus. That's one of my favourites.

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 05:47 PM

I like to watch the Hammer horror films. They made many good ones based around Dracula, Frankenstein, mummies and zombies.

Fable
OH LEO~

Old 11-01-2009, 05:48 PM

I got to finally watch My Bloody Valentine
Except it wasn't what I thought it would be like, and it was a room filled with people piled on other people xD So I couldn't hear most of it

Stallion Duck
an angel who did not so much fal...
Send a message via MSN to Stallion Duck

Old 11-01-2009, 05:56 PM

Let's see I watched...
Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead and part of Trick 'r Treat.

I love all the zombie flicks but parts of Trick 'r Treat were pretty good but I didn't get a chance to watch it all.

Lorwynmoontide
Watcher of Anime

Old 11-01-2009, 06:10 PM

I watched Orphan and hated it! Lol. It wasn't scary at all and the only good part was when they said she had her 'problem'. Kind of a waste really.

Anyways, I was gonna watch a movie called Kaiden but it wasn't anything the description said so we settled with playing Shadow of the Colossus which has the saddest ending to any game ....ever.

Desdyni
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2009, 06:16 PM

We watched Land of the Dead, Final Destination 3, and Resident Evil. We were gonna watch Silent Hill after but we had recently watched it before hand.

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-01-2009, 06:16 PM

It wasn't scary, but it was still a good movie. lol

Oh, I watched beetlejuice aswell.

fowlie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2009, 06:19 PM

OH I forgot, ahaha I watched Beetlejuice again on TV too. Ahahha, I used to love the cartoon.

Hope Lulliby
*^_^*

Old 11-01-2009, 06:41 PM

Lets see. I saw; Rocky Horror Show, Beetlejuice, I Know Who Killed Me, Piratical Magic, Resident Evil (all of them) and Eight Lagged Freaks.

Naeru
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-01-2009, 06:41 PM

I dont like scary movies, so I didnt watch any :<

Red_Riding_Hood_Dollie
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Red_Riding_Hood_Dollie Send a message via Yahoo to Red_Riding_Hood_Dollie

Old 11-01-2009, 07:23 PM

I like the Orphan. It sure did surprise me. Scary movies I like is....
Saw
Grudge
Ring
The Shutter
Halloween
Orphan
The Strangers
Boogey Man

The first Boogey Man movie scared me when I was 13. I was so scared I didn't want to sleep or wanted to. I didn't see the Paranorimal Activity. My classmates say it's scary.

keels
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2009, 07:30 PM

I've never been a big fan of horror movies - especially if they have zombies in them. I have this really... severe fear of zombies.
But I DO like The Ring (both Japanese and English versions), and a few others. I watch movies so very rarely though. I should do something about that.

Clarise
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2009, 08:01 PM

We have a rather limited line-up on our campus cable, and I was so disappointed that there were no good horror movies on, not even on SciFi (I guess it's Syfy now...). But I did watch Shaun of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead the night before at a party.